Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

who's coming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

RandomFerret posted:

who's coming?

Be outside if you wanna get an rear end whippin'

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Hihohe posted:

Be outside if you wanna get an rear end whippin'

Is this a threat or a solicitation? Either way see you there.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

What's there to argue about. She's the best, the end

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Peridot is gay and powerful and I hope she gets a new wife to watch TV with

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Pomp posted:

Peridot is gay and powerful and I hope she gets a new wife to watch TV with

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
We may not see Lapis again for a while, but I think the next time she shows up she may finally be doing better. The fact that she was able to identify and vocalize her problems in song is actually a huge step in her rehabilitation, before now she hasn’t even been able to acknowledge her problems and everyone was sort of walking on eggshells around her to placate her. She was already starting to figure it out on her own, but I think Steven interrupted her before she could fully work it out and that’s why she ran away when he scared her. But her song identified her exact behavioral pattern and now she has to figure out how to break the cycle.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i hope she flies away and never returns so it can be all jasper all the time

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I feel like these last two episodes didn't need to air together. It would be kind of nice to dwell on Lapis finally getting a song and the suggestion that Pearl shattered Pink Diamond for more than ten minutes.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I feel like these last two episodes didn't need to air together. It would be kind of nice to dwell on Lapis finally getting a song and the suggestion that Pearl shattered Pink Diamond for more than ten minutes.

a sane, reasonable airing schedule? too much to ask these days.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

RandomFerret posted:

who's coming?

Read this in Peridot's voice

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Actually Onion Gang seems like some sort of weird crypto-foreshadowing for Off-Colors/Lars' Head

"Gem society isn't unique in having outcasts" I guess.
Especially the bits with Steven getting mad with them then coming to accept them.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Taear posted:

"Gem society isn't unique in having outcasts" I guess.
Especially the bits with Steven getting mad with them then coming to accept them.

actually I was talking about this scene

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Imo this is one of the most effective giant plot reveals in a long running series I've seen. Fans are like, OMG foreshadowing, but I admire this on a writing level as an ideal of a well executed twist. That could change based on how they handle the aftermath. Which has three primary aspects: Steven's emotional development, Garnet's inevitable identity crisis, and Pearl's likely compromised relationship with Garnet's, and to a lesser extent Amethyst.
But, a good twist should have groundwork laid, with some red herrings as cover. If fans guess at it, so what? As long as there's enough doubt, the twist still works. And it gives the theorycrafters validation for their work. I mean, I can't think of anything other than Game of Thrones that did that well.
Also...
Bismuth Did Nothing Wrong.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If nobody could guess it, it would be a really bullshit twist.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean, I for one was convinced Rose was Pink Diamond as soon as it was hinted at that the character existed and was no longer around in, I think, Season 2. Then they introduced a poo poo ton of stuff about the diamonds and showed us a room full of rose quartzes and painted Pink as a villain and I had been completely convinced that Pink Diamond was another character who had been shattered, even if parts of the official story didn't add up. I was not at all expecting the twist by the time it happened, even if I had suspected it earlier.

Assuming they stick the landing, the twist totally worked for me.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My favourite thing is that they gave us enough to guess 6 different variations on what the twist would be - but we never considered that everyone might be right. We keep forgetting - if something seems like foreshadowing it most likely is, and if what it foreshadows doesn't fit with current theories then we just haven't figured out how it fits in yet. There were theories and observations made in vacuums (The gems look similar if rotated, PD=RQ, PD faked her own death, Pearl secretly killed PD, Pearl is under a magical ghis) but no one realised that they all fit together like a jigsaw. Although there are exceptions - people were thinking that Yellow knew more than she was letting on, and she still might even if she doesn't have the whole picture. Maybe she has her own theories.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think White's cracked because only Diamond can scratch Diamond, and I think the show's going to use that. I also think that's what the mural is indicating.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Tbh, this is a good twist, possibly the best in TV (tied with AoS' Season 1 twist for me) because it recontextualizes EVERY relationship Steven has, except maybe with Connie. I immediately want to know every major character's reaction to this! Does Greg know (he doesn't), what will Peridot say? Whst would Jasper say?

I really can't wait for the next episode, 2023 can't come soon enough!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
My other pet theory is that White Diamond is a fusion of the three lesser diamonds and this is why she hasn’t been seen since the Gem Wars and also why homeworld bans hetero fusions of any kind. I’m pretty sure the episode where you see her hand disproves this, but they made Steven be Pink Diamond, so by gum, I will stick to that gun.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Wouldn't the murals of her have more gems then.

I don't think they count as the same type of gem. They are too invidual. And if they aren't I don't bthink they'd make a clean humanlike fusion either.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

My other pet theory is that White Diamond is a fusion of the three lesser diamonds and this is why she hasn’t been seen since the Gem Wars and also why homeworld bans hetero fusions of any kind. I’m pretty sure the episode where you see her hand disproves this, but they made Steven be Pink Diamond, so by gum, I will stick to that gun.

FUSION DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY! GOODNIGHT!

But seriously though, We know from pictures that White Diamond has a forehead gem, and not a stomach or chest gems. She clearly exists independently of the other Diamonds as seen in Garnet's flashback and indicated by the fact that her light appears in the sky during the corruption bomb. She's not a fusion, she's her own thing, it's way more likely that the reason we never see her around is because she just doesn't like dealing with the other diamonds because they all suck.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 19, 2018

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Moriatti posted:

Tbh, this is a good twist, possibly the best in TV (tied with AoS' Season 1 twist for me) because it recontextualizes EVERY relationship Steven has, except maybe with Connie. I immediately want to know every major character's reaction to this! Does Greg know (he doesn't), what will Peridot say? Whst would Jasper say?

I really can't wait for the next episode, 2023 can't come soon enough!

What if he tells Connie and Connie goes all diamond-eyed on Steven and she gets way too excited about it and Steven gets bummed by it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
starfucker

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Plant MONSTER. posted:

What if he tells Connie and Connie goes all diamond-eyed on Steven and she gets way too excited about it and Steven gets bummed by it.

I think Connie is kinda over Steven having a magical destiny after the whole "I need to die for my mom's sins" thing.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

gmq posted:

I think Connie is kinda over Steven having a magical destiny after the whole "I need to die for my mom's sins" thing.

That's true. Connie's top bff material. Apparently I have a hard time consolidating new memories.

But this is magical ROYAL DIAMOND destiny. Who wouldn't crack a little bit, if only temporarily?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

FUSION DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY! GOODNIGHT!

But seriously though, We know from pictures that White Diamond has a forehead gem, and not a stomach or chest gems. She clearly exists independently of the other Diamonds as seen in Garnet's flashback and indicated by the fact that her light appears in the sky during the corruption bomb. She's not a fusion, she's her own thing, it's way more likely that the reason we never see her around is because she just doesn't like dealing with the other diamonds because they all suck.

This is my theory too. White is off in some secluded palatial control center running the empire as a whole and has been 6,000 years trying to clean up the damage her three gently caress up idiot daughters have done to the galaxy.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

There’s still solid reason to believe that Birdmom was at one point White Diamonds pearl and got hand-me-downed /stolen by Rose, right?

Pink Diamond should have theoretically had a pink pearl with a navel gem, rather than a white pearl with a forehead gem that matches White

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Sockser posted:

There’s still solid reason to believe that Birdmom was at one point White Diamonds pearl and got hand-me-downed /stolen by Rose, right?

Pink Diamond should have theoretically had a pink pearl with a navel gem, rather than a white pearl with a forehead gem that matches White

This has been my theory for some time.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

That's true. Connie's top bff material. Apparently I have a hard time consolidating new memories.

But this is magical ROYAL DIAMOND destiny. Who wouldn't crack a little bit, if only temporarily?

blood diamond steven

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Sockser posted:

I could see it playing out like this: Upon receiving her first colony, White Diamond lent/gave Pink Diamond use of her experienced, clever Pearl, because Pink was new to this whole colony thing. White Pearl, our Pearl, was fine with just being a Pearl, but grew to know and care about Earth because Pink Diamond did and she fell in love with Pink Diamond who treated her as much a confidant as a secretary.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Well there's supposed to be more than just 4 pearls for the 4 diamonds, so I'd kinda hope that it's not just as simple as which pearl for which diamond.

Peridot called her a fancy one, although it's not really clear what that meant.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i think whoever on the crewniverse had a post explaining that no, pearl was not forced to join PD's rebellion against her will also mentioned that the reason pearl couldn't speak of any of this was because she was specifically created for PD

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

SlothfulCobra posted:

Well there's supposed to be more than just 4 pearls for the 4 diamonds, so I'd kinda hope that it's not just as simple as which pearl for which diamond.

Peridot called her a fancy one, although it's not really clear what that meant.

Rhodonite is a fusion of a Pearl and Ruby that used to work under a Morganite, and it wasn't seen as unusual for Sapphire to have her own Pearl, so I imagine they're common (if not necessarily mandatory) for noble Gems to have, but for whatever reason it's unusual for even a Diamond to have more than one. It is indicated that aside from providing backup singing and opening doors, Pearls may have other duties as their boss requires, Yellow employing hers as a secretary and all. (Which clearly has given Yellow a bit of a power trip on technically speaking for a Diamond)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Brother Entropy posted:

i think whoever on the crewniverse had a post explaining that no, pearl was not forced to join PD's rebellion against her will also mentioned that the reason pearl couldn't speak of any of this was because she was specifically created for PD

Which makes it a real bitch move if Pink Diamond's personal Pearl is just a recycling of a design for White Diamond.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Hey so searching through fanart I figured out I was being real dumb about the fusion chip:

source

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

You know, I remember playing Puzzle Strike once upon a time on some web client I don't remember. That game is such a *weird* concept but I remember it being fun.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

YoshiOfYellow posted:

You know, I remember playing Puzzle Strike once upon a time on some web client I don't remember. That game is such a *weird* concept but I remember it being fun.

I like most things about it except it's dumb theme.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

David Sirlin is a great game designer but he's definitely been held back by his obsession with that cast of uninspiring fighting-game characters he came up with. I think I saw he was making an actual fighting game with them recently, so hopefully that gets it out of his system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Ditocoaf posted:

David Sirlin is a great game designer but he's definitely been held back by his obsession with that cast of uninspiring fighting-game characters he came up with. I think I saw he was making an actual fighting game with them recently, so hopefully that gets it out of his system.

What was up with that? Sounds like a Milky Way and the Galaxy Girls situation.