Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

MrSlam posted:

From what I understand fans of the show bombard her with questions on all her social media, and she didn't feel the need to answer and respond to every tweet. Some people got angry with her for that and she got frustrated that everyone was using her as a surrogate for talking directly to the show. Somewhere along the lines people started arguing about Jasper and shipping, and it may have been ironic at first before going improbably more stupid.

Unless everyone was a ninja that removed like every tweet to her about that sort of stuff on twitter like seconds after she deactivated, it was more from just having to answer questions all the time rather than whatever overly dramatic reason people around her painted. (I'm going by what colleagues and close folk told about around the time she decided to deactivate and what was going around her mentions). Not every time a big-name creator decides to stop engage the viewership of her audience has to be Perfect Blue guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

There are valid reasons to call aspects of shipper communities trash monsters, but saying it has 'nothing' to do with it is ignoring that the divide between fanfic/fanarts/etc and the 'main' fandom was actually kinda a big thing for as long as 'I've built my identity around consuming a product' has been a thing nerds do.

It doesn't help that on her last tweets she was outright excusing the shipping tiers and saying that in a way it was good for the [discourse] to be a thing, mostly framing the hiatus as a vacation from everything Steven Universe for a while and from being dragged around on discussions that she doesn't want to be in.

So yeah, everyone's fave doodler (there's a shitload doing it, so you can picture anyone here really) that is right now screaming about her boundaries being violated now contributed to the point that she'll have to not go online at all for at least a week if she wants to escape... the discourse.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

TwoPair posted:

I hope Zuke leaving Twitter doesn't mean that the Peridot Twitter goes silent. I was already disappointed in Peri's lack of updates during Kindergarten Kid.

Or one can interpret both her and peri's twitter as "Zuke's Twitter presence was a third job to her, and even if nothing weird happened before she left, other than some weirdo from i09 interpreted as "Clearly She Was Ran Away From Uppity Queer Folk" piece that everyone believed in the day after, she felt constantly pressured to talk about green and blue rocks over and over again, not being able to develop other ... morps or to relax. So being away from twitter for a bit would be good for both Zuke and Peridot to develop their morps with a more close audience or just to relax." Which, given the last tweets she did before leaving, was the more simple response to the point that those close to her just wrote "Hey, animation folk have a limit of interaction and even if they were showered with praise over their work, they have other needs and wants other than making your favourite toon so cool it" pieces instead of everyone else's "If I poo poo hard enough on uppity queer people with no artistic clout maybe, just maybe, she'll return to twitter to draw more gay green and blue rocks and she'll DM me feet pics"

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

BioEnchanted posted:

Bismuth is totally an Emmerich family member: "I designed the Breaking Point for peaceful uses... how could they turn it into a weapon :qq:"

Except for the part she was fully aware as to what the Breaking Point was meant to do, to the point of having a room specific to showing its purpose?