Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Oh man. I only got into The Adventure Zone a couple of weeks ago, but this still makes me so drat happy. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Oh MAN you are in for a hell of a ride (if you haven't binged on all of the eps yet). Some of the finest storytelling, huge laughs and surprisingly poignant stuff too. I would pray to Pan to get a Adventure Zone short animated by folks from the Crewniverse someday.

No, yeah, I binged it in no time, haha.
Though I've been saving the most recent episode for a 5 hour drive that I have on Thursday.

Such a great podcast. It really does deserve to be animated.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Satchel and Trunk posted:

I would like to see a homeworld Sapphire battle it out mentally with our Sapphire though, I think it would be like a Sherlock Holmes vs. Moriarty still head battle with each trying to read the future in combinations that the other hadn't pondered yet.

This thought makes me think of Dune Heretic, as I'm in the midst of reading it right now... Paul and Alia have future vision, but they can't see others who also have future vision, leaving these metaphorical hills that they can't see past until the threat is right upon them.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

I'm just glad I watched the leaks.

I had really fallen behind on the show, so I had an excellent 2-hour marathon last night to catch up, it was pretty great.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

It was all just one extended Future Vision all along

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Motherfucker posted:

No but I'm seriously suggesting that if you're constantly drawing those parallels and missing the story and whatnot than maybe you should... relax?

Who is missing the story?

You sound like you're basing your argument on opinions that aren't even in this thread.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jun 2, 2017

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Zeruel posted:

Why would Steven even suggest that the Breaking Point was used, when there was only one made by Bismuth that Rose disallowed the usage of?

Because PD was allegedly shattered by a giant sword wielded by Rose?

If someone had an elaborate plan to frame Rose, it's not outside of the realm of possibility that they could gain knowledge of/access to the Breaking Point.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I bet the second hill just wouldn't be there, because his hair would no longer be in the external world as a place to go to.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

That Zircon's gem looks pretty green even in the ancillary art.

Edit: Oh, went to ask the storyboard revisionist who drew that to settle it once and for all on Twitter, but she already addressed it:

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jun 6, 2017

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

This post goes into the color overlay theory a bit, though that's as far as I'm going to push the issue as it's basically irrelevant in any case :v:

I find that unconvincing anyways, because in the after image, the Zircon's gem looks so dull that it's clearly not the way it would be normally colored. And I bet the Blue Zircon would look similarly dull.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Hihohe posted:

Yeah im gonna say zircon was green because she was standing next to a bunch of yellow things.

Uh, clearly your visual cortex is just inferior. :smug:

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

SystemLogoff posted:

Peridot is green and still belonged to Yellow Diamond's group.
I'm assuming it's like that.

Well they also all have Rubies and Sapphires etc, don't they? I don't know why people all of a sudden think that all gems are the same color as their Diamonds. I'm guessing that mostly just applies to Pearls.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jun 6, 2017

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

So was Lars referencing Dune or Jurassic Park, or both?

Lars mentioned dinosaurs specifically.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

underage at the vape shop posted:

How does cartoon networks airing schedule with new eps work? We dont really do cartoon network in Australia, unless you spring for foxtel and noone really does that cause aus pay tv is trash.

Every once in awhile, CN tells us that there will randomly be new episodes coming out.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Hey everyone! RandomFerret is about to post something wonderful!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

rockopete posted:

This is cute but some of the characters are wildly mismatched. Sokka and Pearl, seriously?

better:

Garnet - Toph
Pearl - Katara
Amethyst - Sokka

I think Pearl-Katara is the only one of those three that works. Keep Amethyst/Toph and make it Garnet/Sokka. I feel like Garnet would quietly appreciate Sokka's sense of humor.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Oh hey, SU is nominated for an Emmy again, looks like they submitted Mr. Greg for consideration!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

especially considering he didn't write the description based off of what he drew

It was brought up in the context of talking about the design on its own.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

JuniperCake posted:

I still see it?

It is region-based. I'm in Canada, it does say "blocked in your region" for me.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

She's a Lion Licker.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Madurai posted:

Whenever I start to feel that way, I just think about the Venture Brothers time between seasons.

That's different, though... it's easier to wait for VB because that's the time production needs to make the show... it's harder to wait when the network is arbitrarily hoarding episodes for scheduling purposes, instead.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Why on earth would people doubt the decision-making skills of the people who are behind Cartoon Network's scheduling decisions? I just don't get it

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Satchel and Trunk posted:

Not sure what Steven's new obsession with stealing napkins is about (just a gag maybe, but I demand payoff!)

I've figured out the secret to why Steven kept taking napkins....

It's because NAPKINS ARE ALWAYS FREE!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Lazlo Nibble posted:

Well, he is a Diamond
In their dull, gray lives
(And that’s the toughest kind of stone,
It usually survives.)

Don't cry for me, Blue Diamond
The truth is I never shattered

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

we know White Diamond was on the earth 6000 years ago when the war ended

When was this established?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The Crystal Gems as the Straw Hats would be some kickass fanart.

Rebecca Sugar herself actually already drew such a thing:

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

That’s why I always pick Ash over Kaidan on Virmire. No disrespect intended to Raphael Sbarge, the man will always be Carth Onassi to me :patriot:, but Kimberly Brooks was always way more entertaining as Ashley, especially in ME3 where she gets plastered all the time and tries to bang Vega. Kaidan was just so boring in comparison.

I never played with Kaidan on my team, but I wasn't about to let a racist stick around. :colbert:

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

...You know she gets over it if you yell at her hard enough in the first game, right?

If I recall, she killed my favourite party member, I was like "OH HELL NO", reset my save, and promptly got rid of her.

Also, she had the same name as my recent ex. It was just easier all around to go with the boring guy and then ignore him.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Cavelcade posted:

Please watch Over the Garden Wall, it is beautiful and good.

Counterpoint: wait until October to watch it!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

The Ultimate Doge posted:

Hold up hold up hold up. Is there really going to be another season of SU?

There is!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

What you wanted was some highly epic GRRM-style poo poo where you go against what you think is expected narratively to horrify the audience with no consideration for anything else

Maybe you should expand your narrative horizons if that's the extreme you jump to for "maybe they could have a villain who can't be won over with words and love"

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I'm saying it's pointless and very epic. SU doesn't need it and in spite of my problems with Sucrose I'm glad she just goes where she wants instead of trying to follow trends and listening to you memed boys

It's truly bizarre that you think that the only way to implement that basic concept would be in a way that's "very epic".

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

BioEnchanted posted:

Also I've just noticed this moon in Drift Away when the camera pans up as Pink Diamond warps away:

Yeah, I think they just ripped that piece out of some planet's moon to make the Garden.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I've gotten my parents to start watching the show, 2 a day. They just watched Frybo and Catfingers last night.

They're both enjoying it well enough, they find it charming and easy to continue watching. They both really liked Catfingers and my Mom has been surprised by the fact that so far, she likes Greg episodes the most.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they think as the show unfolds. I went back and rewatched the first batch of episodes that I sent them, and it's such a stark difference between younger Steven and current Steven! And for all of the characters, really... everyone's gotten so much great development :)

I think they're watching Bubble Buddies and Serious Steven tonight? So those are some significant ones!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I got tickets to see the movie on a big screen and a discussion with Rebecca Sugar in Ottawa in a few weeks. So very excited!!

Just mentioning it on the off chance that any other nearby goons see this and were unaware! :canada:

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

You definitely get to see Pink's escalating boredom and annoyance with Spinel in the montage before she gets the news of her own colony.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Alchem posted:

Ronaldo is one of Pink’s lost treasures?

That's why Peedee is named after her.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Currently at a Q&A in Ottawa with Rebecca Sugar, Kat, and Joe... someone asked for an update on Jasper's whereabouts, and RS's response was "I'll just ask you to be patient, but you won't have to be patient for long"

:D

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Plant MONSTER. posted:

How was it?? I really wanted to go but couldn't make it, unfortunately.

It was great!
They showed a lot of process stuff, especially from Other Friends and Drift Away. Some stuff that will surely be in the movie's art book, some that won't be (like Spinel tone board things that included pictures of inspirations like the Skull Kid and others.)

Also got to hear Rebecca Sugar's demos of Other Friends and Change, which was great. The original demos of Other Friends slaps, the drum is much bassier. There's apparently a vinyl that can be preordered now that will have a few demos on it?

Wish it had been even longer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, also, Rebecca explained that the stageshow ending with the feather bustle things was a reference to Takarazuka Revue, an all-female stage troupe from Osamu Tezuka's hometown. Rebecca Sugar went to see them perform when she visited Japan in 2015.