Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

deadly_pudding posted:

I just realized something about Bad Pearl.

Those clothes weren't illusions, which means Pearl has just had a Bad Pearl outfit in storage for like potentially 30+ years.

She probably tried to copy the look of Greg or his friends to get Rose's attention at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I love Greg smiling for a moment after Amethyst saying "That's a good look for you" at the start of the last ep.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Ending to Stephen and the Stephens was amazing though and the early episodes still had great stuff like Cat Fingers' akira moment. It's definitely the weakest part of the show but I think it still had some great moments.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

BioEnchanted posted:

I like that Lars is finally appreciating the things that his parents do for him, even if it took his own death to realise it. I hope him and his crew swing by Earth to say hi at some point, it's not like anything's stopping them. :3:

Reaching Earth does seem to be their actual goal. They just definitely enjoy being a huge thorn in homeworld's side in the process.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Season 1 Wakfu has probably my favorite villain in any animated show ever. The show in general also starts to really pick up a few episodes in once the various plotlines start kicking into gear, and the characters outside of Yugo start to get more development. Especially Sadlygrove who spends the first handful of eps mostly as just an idiot joke character.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Only western animation offhand I'd take over SU are Avatar: Last Airbender, and the better Simpsons seasons, and maybe pre-cancellation Futurama.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I hope that whether or not Greg already knew, he ultimately doesn't see Rose originally being PD as any bigger deal as far as his relationship with her was concerned than that he was originally Greg DeMayo.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

Although that raises another point. Since we now know that Pink and Rose had the exact same voice, why wasn't Blue tipped off when Rose confronted her at the Cloud Arena and called her out BY NAME? You'd think she'd have a thought of "huh, that Rose Quartz sure sounds an awful lot like my baby sister... nah."

Because the whole staged rebellion concept would have probably been seen as way too absurd by Blue to even think of that possibility.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

One thing noted here that I didn't think of that was mentioned really recently in the show, is Sapphire/Garnet's future vision having problems seeing possibilities that are too improbable. Despite her power seemingly being able to see pretty far ahead in time when needed, Rose being PD is something that would have been waaaaay too improbable to her to be able to see in advance any of the possible futures where she finds that information out.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

galenanorth posted:

not surprising the Gem that said "What? No! Of course they'd tell you that on Homeworld. Let me tell you about the real Rose Quartz" won't take the Rose Quartz is Pink Diamond news well

She also very much played up How terrible she thought Pink was in that story as well. "She laughed. A wicked empty sound."

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Smoky quartz didn't realize she's part diamond.

Yeah but Amethyst hasn't seen a diamond or any real rose quartzes even. We don't know for 100% certain that Rose/PD was ever fused with Garnet.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Clearly White Diamond was the original gem, who started creating new gems because she wanted friends, but it spiraled out of control and how she's too busy being the head of an empire to have any personal connections. This all changes when she goes to Earth, and gets in a relationship with Greg, who finally accomplishes his dream of romancing the biggest woman in the universe.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Greg has has pretty explicitly said that he doesn't care about Rose's past, and that he knows she wanted to make amends for being an intergalactic war criminal. He may or may not know about Pink Diamond, but finding out is not going to make him think less of her.

Dogg I know all that. I'm sticking to my story regardless.

Greg probably considers (or will consider after finding out) Rose originally being PD to be no more important in the context of their relationship than him originally being Greg DeMayo.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Zerilan posted:

Greg probably considers (or will consider after finding out) Rose originally being PD to be no more important in the context of their relationship than him originally being Greg DeMayo.

I'm happy that this was actually the case.

Also these episodes have been adorable.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

gmq posted:

Yeah but all four gems kinda suck at combat compared to Lapis and Jasper who are monsters.

Yeah, only fusions and Lapis so far have really been able to take on Jasper, and Lapis with a water supply is more powerful than probably any non-Diamond gem we've seen.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Rhonne posted:

Now that the Diamonds are stranded on Earth, there's plenty of time for them to get to know Greg and eventually give Steven some new siblings.

Will be a lot easier to reform Homeworld when their leadership is four Stevens.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Pick posted:

I think falling action would be great, and a long epilogue of how people reconstruct their lives.

Yeah I don't think it's a story that could really just end the moment the Crystal Gems reach some sort of peace with White Diamond or anything. How people get over the troubles in their past is a more integral part of SU than any conflicts between people.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Thinking they are the bad guy is like 99% of abused people. People break up if something is just a bad relationship, abusive relationships keep going when the abused person thinks they are at fault/deserve it/are causing the abuse. Lapis liked that someone told her she was worthless and awful because she thought that too

Lapis was also the one forcing the fusion to stay together and at the bottom of the ocean, and iirc admitted to liking the power she felt in keeping Jasper trapped with her.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Ages posted:

lapis and peridot move into the big donut, hanging out with mr dewey as they watch and comment on old vhs tapes in the breakroom

Would totally watch a Lapis/Peridot mst3k style spinoff.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Azza Bamboo posted:

Judging by the mass of phone numbers stored in her head, Pearl is playing the field.

Pearl's probably gotten those numbers over the years and mystery girl was the first time she actually knew what they were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

TwoPair posted:

Disappointed that Pearl's "no" about Pink being a graceful pilot didn't come accompanied by a Family Guy cutaway showing Pearl standing next to a wildly flailing Pink Diamond.

That was probably my favorite line of the episode actually. For so much of the show Rose is put on a pedestal by the crystal gems ESPECIALLY Pearl and spoken about as if she was some flawless entity. With everything out in the open they're finally talking about her as an actual person and not just their leader/object of adoration.