Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
New theory: Greg is a weirdo dragonkin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Stop looking at the camera Rose, it's unprofessional!

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Lapis broke Peridot's recorder. It was really mean, It meant a lot to her. :(

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Raserys posted:

concept: crystal gems having a picnic. jasper leans against a tree in the distance, arms folded, eyes closed in concentration

And then She notices Steven standing there trying to give her something to eat, she snorts and angrily takes it turning her back to him. As he walks away she smiles! :swoon:

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
I think Garnet might be some kind of Bodhisattva, she's too good for our world.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Centipeetle has lots of pointy teeth all of the time and is not evil.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
The hollow tree scene in Gem Hunt sets up the idea that if a gem is in the middle of corruption Steven might be able to save them. Jasper's corruption probably hasn't been in affect long enough that it would be impossible for Steven to help.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Steven has to face the most deadly corrupted gem yet... GLASS SHARK!!

Buckets fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Aug 30, 2016

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
I did like the "I wanted it to work... our act." line.
It was like they knew

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
I went from "this show is good, I guess" to "this show is amazing" at Tiger Millionaire.

I love you Tiger Millionaire

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Shima Honnou posted:

What if we shatter them... And then throw the shards into the sun?

Remember what that cloud of smoke did to Together Breakfast? Replace some pancakes with the sun. It's a bad idea :colbert:

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Kwyndig posted:

You'd think Quartzes, at least, would be outfitted with body armor that covers their gems, but the armors in Rose's armory don't seem to be fitted for someone her size, in fact they look more like armors built for average human fighters from throughout history.

"The Armor of the Fallen", I assumed it was the armor that the Frybo shards were put into that resulted in many, many deaths.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

LemonLimeTime posted:

Really? I figured those were bubbled/shattered previous Crystal Gems. Never noticed the electric guitar.

I think he's joking :ssh:

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

GunnerJ posted:

Yo what's all this about Pearl's rap career?

Pearl had a rap career back in the day

That's Pearl's voice actress

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
I think he means the person in the foreground with their back to the camera, that Pearl is looking back at while blushing. It does look like her from the one screenshot we got.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

MrSlam posted:

I want to say that Sugar mentioned that in the design notes, that she's the kind of gem that does what she wants and doesn't ask questions and they kept it as literal as possible.

The no questions thing is a definite character trait, it's why it was such a big deal in The Answer that after Ruby and Sapphire fuse into Garnet all she does is ask Rose a ton of questions.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
I was kinda expecting Pearl to just punch her finger through the top of the juice can when she was having trouble with it. A little disappointed 'cause it would have been a pretty badass move.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
How low level is some guys garage for a music venue? Didn't even have a smoke machine ffs

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Smoke makes Ocean City residents uncomfortable.

One minor disaster and suddenly no ones allowed to have fun with fireworks anymore, just like Canada :canada:

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Megaspel posted:

After all, they probably don't really need to worry about the government or police or anything, they did save the world after all, so I doubt they'd want to go after them, plus the can always outrun, outwit or outpower any human authority with incredible ease.

nuke the crystal gems

it's the only way to be sure

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
It's the crime car, for doing crimes in

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
The crewniverse are driving this guy crazy.
He stops yelling a minute in.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
A two minute sneak preview of the next episode featuring Vidalia and Yellowtail
Spoilered screenshot below

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Pakled posted:

There's an episode that refers to "Aqua Mexico" at one point.

In So Many Birthdays Amethyst finds an old burrito "from Aqua Mexican" and later Steven says a pinata is an artifact from ancient Aqua Mexico. So something funky must have went down in Mexico and now it's wet.

Or maybe Aqua Mexico is just the name of a Mexican fast food joint that shut down and Amethyst had a pinata she stole from their dumpster ages ago lying around for Steven to use. We may never know.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

EasyEW posted:

Heads up. An official Gem Harvest preview clip just went up.

You didn't tell me you were gonna kill it! :cry:

And it's just as serious as people thought it would be, yikes!

Steven's a murderer!

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
It's good to see Lapis being able to laugh about how much she hated the table :keke:

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

MrSlam posted:

Rose runs away after getting pregnant. The other gems are worried about her. Greg suggests reading this pink book in the temple. It might be her diary.
"How do we know this is Rose's diary?" asks Amethyst. "I've never seen her write in it and her name's not on it."
Pearl reads from it aloud, "June 3rd. Ruby and Sapphire should have a baby gem like how humans have babies. But they'd need a uterus. If Sapphire had a uterus it'd be called a Blueterus." Pearl closes the book. "It's her diary all right."

Am I Gregnant?

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
I hope we get a flashback episode of Lapis and Peridot's totally radical adventure to save Beach City while Steven and the rest were in space.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

deadly_pudding posted:

When do the episodes actually air?

End of the month, 30th to 2nd. They really messed up...

again.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Maybe the Rose Quartz gems are new like Pink Diamond was and meant to be a kind of shepherd for organic life that gems haven't apparently encountered before. All of Rose's powers have to do with healing and protecting so she may have been meant to keep track and preserve a planets life forms until a strategic use was found for them. Everything went to poo poo when one of the gems they made just happened to care more about the life she was meant to guard than the diamond she was guarding it for.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

LemonLimeTime posted:

New episode on February 16th? Is this confirmed? Couldn't be another bomb I imagine...
More weekly episodes if so??? So many questions!

"The New Crystal Gems", AKA Lapis and Peridots totally radical adventure! Connie can come too

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
This was a good episode, the show needs more slice of life shenanigans with the gems like this.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

SystemLogoff posted:

This was an episode about Steven's doubts, the room can only project what he feels, it can't know about things he does not.

It showed him the secret ending of that video game he hadn't beaten yet. Though I guess that could have just been what he expected the secret ending to be and not the real one.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Since bubbled gems can be teleported, it might be possible for the cluster to be moved somewhere it could be released. I don't think any of the current gems could do that since you wouldn't want the thing wrecking up the temple or farm. Maybe Jasper could send it to home world if/when she gets out, that could cause some trouble.

I admit I can't remember if a bubble is able to be teleported by anyone other than the one who made it. If that's the case than the cluster would probably stay where it's at.

Buckets fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Feb 23, 2017

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
I think Ronaldo may be an avatar of the five geek social fallacies, a dreadful creature only capable of destroying group dynamics.

Steven's got a few of 'em in him himself, but the end of the episode shows that he can at least recognize and confront it.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Macaluso posted:

Also: What if that one thing isn't some kind of giant worm monster... but a giant SNAKE monster

It is the only one in that scene moving and has very different eyes... and sneople do have well documented mind control powers.

The big reveal at the end will be saving all the snerson's victims by hitting them all in the head with potatos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I wonder if Bismuth and/or Peridot could build a warp pad that can be human-operated.

Put rubber horn honkers on a bunch of warp whistles and put them on polls next to every warp pad.