Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Here for the gay, stayed for the sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

OldTennisCourt posted:

White Diamond will be voiced by Gaga calling it now.

I want this, a lot.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

This is the greatest thing I've ever seen, and the closest I've come to considering giving up my powerleveling catz

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Cryophage posted:

Fun fact: when I made this I couldn't find or draw a Jasper arm that I was happy with. What you see there is actually Lapis disrespecting a spray-tanned Gaston from Beauty and the Beast.

incredible

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Shipping is a thing people do but like... The shows gonna do its thing, so.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Luke/Leia shipper circa 1983

"aw, dangit George"

Yeah it's one reason I don't really sweat that kind of stuff.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Motherfucker posted:

If I wanted to see a fat and gross idiot with a mutant arm I'd look in a mirror.

I maintain it's still too poppin fresh.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Lars and Sadie "not working out" is an important part of the life trajectory of both of them. Sadie is still in the infatuation stage, and Lars needs to get real about who he needs to be. I don't think most combinations of SU characters would be good for the two people involved. Heck, I'm not even really sold on Sapphire/Ruby.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

drrockso20 posted:

The way I see it, Lars/Sadie is dependant on Lars finally getting his head out of his rear end once and for all, besides he might be a jerk but he's honestly pretty mild by real teenager standards

As for Ronaldo, eh he's just mentally ill(and thus not responsible for his actions), and a girlfriend is the sort of balancing influence he could use(besides going off KBCW they've already hooked back up)

That ain't a girls job.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
hard to see the point of a G10 with only two bodies

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pomp posted:

i know a middle-aged woman who has over 50,000 dollars in these horrifying kinds of dolls in her home. This barely even registers on the horror-meter

To be fair, that's "only" like 30-40 of these dolls if they're properly decked out, potentially fewer if she goes for the really classy Volks and Iplehouse ones.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

axleblaze posted:

Every time I see people complain about stuff like this, as a Venture Brothers fan I just have to shake my head and laugh.

It's been 5 months since the last VB episode and I'm not even feeling it yet. I'll get itchy in about another, what, two years?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Can't wait for the lovely live-action version in 20 years.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Macaluso posted:

Steven Universe update: The Answer is still a really cute episode. I love that cool collected Garnet is half Ruby.

It Could've Been Great is also like top 5 episodes for me I think

I love that Peridot's complaint about the rebellion being a stupid waste of time sounds like someone reading a SA quote.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's hecka neat that Jasper is always "the dude" when we talk about anything, probably because she has big arms .

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Stop dissin mah thread title :colbert:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

axleblaze posted:

Deserts don't seem like a great place for lions :ohdear:

The last photo of s Barbary lion is in the desert.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah, Arthur is a really solid kids show. It's kind of weird how good it is because it seems like one of those things that should be bad (a long running children's cartoon on public television) and yet it's not.

I was one of the kids who really liked the PBS cartoons about people solving boring everyday problems sensibly, and then going to the library.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

One of my friends in college was one of the Wishbone kids.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It wouldn't surprise me if there aren't three active Diamonds, because I assume Rebecca Sugar didn't expect she'd get approved for 200 episodes. But of course with the current success I'm sure they've realized they could try a few things that extend the main arc if they wanted to.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The Diamonds will certainly turn out to not be as aboveboard and noble as Steven and his crew but certainly not pointlessly bad either, because that's not how this show rolls.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

They have a Jasper figurine coming out in October, and thanks to ebay soon it shall be mine!

no it's mine

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I will fight you.

I am being so serious right now, meet me in the pit.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't get it

It's a joke from Parks and Recreation when two friends are bidding against each other for a sentimental waffle maker.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

C-SPAN Caller posted:

The Jasper question about her deep down motives definitely makes it clear we aren't done with her beyond the meta spoilers, which is good.

Yeah for sure. She's going to be an excellent addition to the team.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
:ocelot:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Raserys posted:

I'm ready for the gem whose weapon is just a gun

You don't need courage when you have... a gun!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
They already don't actually live in Beach City, right?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Why are we making this a different discussion than it is so that we can fight about words?

It's pretty simple, one person doesn't like representative examples of romantic relationships to feature children. ta daaaa. Whether you agree with this or not sort of doesn't matter because it's metaphors in a cartoon.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Ruby is a jerk and Sapphire can do better.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I bismiss Bismuth, she was cool :( although when it comes to characters I want to see more of soon the list is Centipeetle then Jasper then Eyeball Ruby and then Bismuth.

Jasper!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I haven't seen the episode yet but Garnet's future vision seems to work a lot like the Midnighter's power in The Authority.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bongo Bill posted:

Steven learned that the outcome in which sadness is averted, if even there is one, is not necessarily the best outcome. Also that some people express sadness by smiling. In about twenty episode we'll all be shocked as hell to see how important that lesson is.

I think this show has been open enough about people who are in love, in any combination, that it would be inconsistent for them to conceal a gay relationship as a former comedy duo, and therefore I choose to believe the nature of their relationship really was predominantly one of artistic collaboration. But also, that they're both gay. Just not for each other.

I think they both seem pretty gay (but not for each other)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Drama-levels of episode titles have an almost 0% correlation with their content

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Gaunab posted:

I know I'm going to get some flack for this but I'm not a fan of Mr. Smiley being gay. It feels like it pushing this show into a corner where it becomes "that gay cartoon show."

There's still a ton more het content, it's just invisible because it's default. Connie's parents, the Coffees, Kevin, Vidalia, Sadie, Ronaldo, etc. Like, having Mr. Smiley be gay is probably close to that 10% of people being gay number that gets thrown around.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
poo poo lol, yeah I knew it was a food name and I picked the wrong one.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
He is right though, there is still more plausible deniability here than in a show where women are married. That's not to say there's much plausible deniability but it affects what can air where, for example.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Laverne Cox does absolutely everything, getting new names is better for bringing people up and giving them a career start.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm just going to say it, they need to do something with Garnet again. It really feels they don't know what to do with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
the gems either killed hitler, or they didn't. pretty hosed up imo