Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It could just be A bismuth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

oh man Pearl and Garnet driving away on that old timey bicycle made me laugh so hard

Also nice Lion tease

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

oh lordy Stevonnie doing the Yoshi flutter jump :3:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Spatula City posted:

drat, I love that Yoshi flutter jump. that had to have been their inspiration, the resemblance is uncanny.

Yeah she does the HRRRRRRR noise too so definitely.

IIRC Yoshi's Island is one of the biggest influences on the show in general, the whole colour palette is directly inspired by that game.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

that episode was kinda lame

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Hey I think the show opens up kinda poorly, so if you're already at least enjoying it just know that it gets a lot better. I binged the whole thing over a weekend and went from "ehhhh" to "goddamn I can't stop thinking about this show". It's in a super good place right now too. The smartest thing it does early on is not overwhelm you with new info, it pretty consistently introduces like one or two significant facts about the world or a character each episode which makes it a show that grows really naturally.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Sep 5, 2016

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

GunnerJ posted:

OK wow, this looks like a lot of work.

imo don't give a gently caress about any other viewing order than the one you're using. It doesn't matter at all.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

How do you mess up not having Jailbreak as the finale? That 2 parter is the perfect end to season 1 and still has what was probably my favourite moment in the series. If you don't end with that then what do you end with?

Looks like it just includes a few s2 episodes, which, who gives a poo poo unless the idea of a rigid season structure is super important to you and you're gonna take a break between them or something.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

the merch situation continues to deteriorate

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I've watched Say Uncle multiple times. There are a couple of good gags but it's mostly pointless drivel, I would not be sad if it never existed and most people who go out of their way to not watch it probably wouldn't like it anyway.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I will say I do not think Say Uncle is the worst episode of the show.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

god leak already you gently caress

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

This is... maybe the best episode.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

This is... maybe the best episode.

This is definitely the best episode.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

MrSlam posted:

Jeff from Clarence has two moms who've been in at least four episodes. I think that might be more gay on the grounds that it's explicit as opposed to all this winking and nodding.

How can it be any more explicit outside of them actually making out. They had a loving wayne's world-esque love at first sight vignette when she first enters the donut shop.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 8, 2016

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Hey come on man the episode hasn't actually aired yet. Let's at least pretend we didn't all already watch the leak.

Sorry, it completely slipped my mind. Will edit it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Lauren Zuke's old sketch from like 2014 that started the whole bad pearl thing

They really went for it

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

This episode fuckin sucked. gently caress onion. Kill all city-focused episodes.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

Is there any SU episode that's actually 100% filler? Like nothing in it is relevant or shows up again even as a background gag?

Onion Gang (i fucken hope)

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

misadventurous posted:

The idea that every single episode of a show is beholden to advancing character development, or building the plot and story up, and that we can't just park in this world for a moment, enjoying these characters make some time travel/meta-canon jokes or fight a boy who throws cars or riff on Dragonball Z, is one i will seriously never understand

onion is worse than uncle grandpa

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Ronaldo does not represent human society, no one else seems to care

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Motherfucker posted:

latest episode sucked and was bad tbh

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

MizPiz posted:

And that was the point. It's such and everyday thing for everyone else that, as long as the gems don't destroy their things, the towns people don't care what they do.

that's a dumb point that Political Power did a much better job of conveying

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Sep 21, 2016

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Star Wars: Rogue Leader, presumably.

They're all Gamecube games.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

So when is this poo poo airing/leaking

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That was a pretty complex episode, dealing with some kind of relevant family issues that a lot of kids might be feeling. I liked it from that standpoint. Pretty cute. Dunno that it earned the double length, though.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Korra season 3 is the peak of that whole franchise

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Good to see Onion Gang and the Ronaldo episodes where they fuckin belong

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

They can be charming, but they are deservedly at the bottom. I would be totally fine with them never doing more townie episodes.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Skippy McPants posted:

They're important for dramatic tension. If every episode was Massive Stakes or Massive Gem Angst then fatigue would start to set in.

Good thing they have a bunch of great main characters that they can do low stakes episodes with that don't involve the townies.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Hey you know what, Last One Out of Beach City was basically a townie episode only it was extremely good because it didn't revolve around those idiotic characters. The mayor and Mr. Smiley are the only ones that aren't complete assbutt wastes of time.

Edit: On second thought that Mr. Frowney episode was terrible so I'll take off Mr. Smiley too.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Dec 13, 2016

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'll take Sadie but she usually comes with Lars so it's not worth it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Hihohe posted:

I feel like comparing Townee episodes with gem episodes is unfair. Its almost like there is 2 entirely different shows in SU.

Yeah and one's bad

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Fantastic all around, gosh dang wow them leaked episodes.
Makes all that talk of "ugh boring townie episodes are ruining everything" before the leak pretty drat silly!

Why? They're boring and dumb and their existence did not make these episodes better.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

All right here we go

Yellow Diamond's song was bad

I kind of agree? I've listened to it multiple times now and I'm just not feeling it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

The sight of an enormous cloaked blue woman softly weeping over a long-dead comrade's ancient, broken sedan chair gave me powerful Dark Souls vibes. Moreso when she grabbed Greg.

The way she talked in a very specific cadence during that scene made it seem like a deliberate reference, but could just be a coincidence. Either way I got the same vibe.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I thought it was pretty obvious that homeworld just want to build an intergalactic space empire, hence the giant world destroying weapons and such. Just because we haven't seen any aliens doesn't mean they aren't out there conquering them.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

LemonLimeTime posted:

Considering Aivi and Surasshu literally said on their twitter every time you watch a leaked episode they don't get paid (along with the rest of the Crewniverse), yeah I'll be waiting for the tv broadcast from now on, no matter what.

hot tip you can watch both

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

can i skip the ads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Cute episode. Nothing special, but I would still take a thousand of this over one Ronaldo episode.