Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
If it's a new thread I need to link this and this :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Well neither Ruby or Sapphire has a British accent, and yet Garnet does. Think about that.

Anyway, there's a promo out for Buddy's Book: https://youtu.be/5MYz_r-lPKw

Libaries are cool, and so is Nanefua.

Has the Lion Teleportation noise always had that same weird noise as the Diamond themes? :catstare:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

TwoPair posted:

Honestly I don't think she will. If only because from what we know about the bubbles, it seems like gems are unconscious while they're in there. Granted I'm basing this off of a whopping two examples (Bismuth not knowing how long she'd been out and Peridot picking up mid-sentence upon reforming) but those are the only examples capable of speech that I can really draw from. I think Steven's gonna have to make the first move to go Psychonaut rather than more accidental dream warrior-ing.

Maybe they'll pop the bubble ready to confront her, but she won't reform right away. That gives Steven time to access her dreams.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Steven had the best lines.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
That connected front loop of hair Blue Diamond has is so weird.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Nothing's really wowed me about She-Ra yet, but it's not especially bad either. Best character is obviously Scorpia :3:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Jasper and her lil baby horns!! :swoon:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Madurai posted:

I don't think they'll stay around--we saw Amethyst talking Jasper down and explain she has to stay in the pool. Likewise, I think Biggs and her counterpart won't actually have horns for eyes once they're done.

We did? All I could make out was Amethyst 'saying' "Hey sis", with Jasper sinking out of her own :blush:-y volition.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I wanna know what's going to happen to Pink Pearl.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Bongo Bill posted:

We saw with the Pebbles that Diamonds secrete the raw magical materials that create gems and allow them to act autonomously. We also saw that White Diamond has the ability to override that autonomy, turning any gem into her puppet. Consciousness comes from Diamonds, and the nature of White's power is that she can revoke that consciousness, and the fact that she does this to Blue and Yellow (not to mention their subordinate attitude toward her) implies that she created them. That would make her the progenitor of all gem life, with all the various colors of other gems coming from the refraction and recombination of her light in various combinations with each other, nourished on harvested planetary essence.

I remember a theory about how our Pearl was originally White Pearl before being given to Pink Diamond and she simply never changed her to match herself, but the idea that all Pearls are White Pearls by default and are customized with gem placement, temperament and colour makes a lot more sense.

It also makes Pink leaving her on the default setting even sadder - losing Pink Pearl obviously scarred her, and I wonder if that trauma was partially why she left Spinel the way she did, given we know our Pearl knew Spinel and vice versa?

Also RE Lapis not using the ocean - maybe she was afraid she'd spread the contaminated water even further than it already was?

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Sep 13, 2019

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Pink abandoning Spinel was a real gut punch. Because with everything else she did there was a way to justify it, to spin things so that you could see her as someone who made mistakes while still being well intentioned. But there's no excuse here, Pink just got bored of Spinel, ditched her and completely forgot about her. Maybe the one thing you can say in Pink's defense is that she had no idea Spinel would actually stand there completely still for thousands of years, but it was still an unambiguously lovely thing for her to do.

I disagree that it was out of boredom - Spinel recognizes our Pearl as Pink's pearl, and our Pearl knows who she is and her relation to Pink. That potentially means that that last visit to the garden was the one she made before 'shattering' herself and embracing the identity of Rose Quartz, because there isn't a lot of time relatively speaking between Pink Diamond meeting our Pearl and the true start of the Rebellion.

In that sense, if Rose's story is an allegory for someone :sever:ing from her abusive family who would never support her transition, Spinel would be the younger sister who doesn't understand what's going on and is kept in the dark. Sometimes you have to leave behind people who love you as well as the people who stopped loving you, because they're a package deal for various reasons.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Funky Valentine posted:

*cut to Jasper on the moon*

"I WANNA BE A DIAMOND! I WANNA! I WANNA I WANNA I WANNA I WANNA I WANNA"

I support Orange Diamond.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

She's massive though, so to her miniatures are regular sized buildings.

.....oh my God she's already into miniatures, all of gem society is her miniature collection.

Perhaps Steven Universe was really the Lego movie the whole time.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
An excellent example of smears in animation is the classic Dover Boys short, because IIRC the entire thing was a joke about how they'd been told to use smears less. And while you're there check out the reanimated version.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Funky Valentine posted:

I want an episode where Peridot gets the limb enhancers back, acknowledges she doesn't need them, but keeps them anyway because their super loving cool and robot arms are awesome.

Yeah this, and I loved all the ways the fingers in particular were used to amplify her expressions and body language.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Azza Bamboo posted:

I hope this is the end, and that this isn't something that'll position Steven Universe into more and more series that slowly taper off into ever more disappointing storylines. Hop off at a high point, please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJrF1ZbMDFg

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

MikeJF posted:

Based on reactions to this episode I'm seeing on the internet, I really feel like this episode needed to clarify 'Pink let out a scream of rage and carelessly and unthinkingly let it damage Volleyball' vs 'Pink was loving pissed off and punched Volleyball in the face to let off some steam'. The episode seemed to imply the former to me but I'm seeing a lot of people online who seem to assume the latter?

Not that the former is okay, but which scenario says a lot about the character.

It's because they're mistaking the flashback we saw with Stevonnie where Pink gets yelled at by Yellow for demanding a colony and punches a wall in frustration for the event that broke Pink Pearl, when Pink Pearl herself says it was when White rejected Pink' request for a colony and the implication is that it was her scream, not her fist, that broke her.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I was watching the scene where the Diamonds meet Spinel and noticed that White Diamond's reaction to Spinel is very long compared to Yellow and Blue. She keeps her own mouth covered - a gesture we're all too familiar with - until both Yellow and Blue have spoken favourably of her, and it's only after that she says they'll take Spinel back.

I wonder if that's somehow related to the evil eyed Diamond in the SU future opening...

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also on that note, the flashback seems to suggest Pink Diamond had possibly become annoyed by Spinel, seeing her possibly as a shameful reminder of how the other Diamonds saw herself (as a cute fun silly toy who doesn't take anything seriously) and/or having just outgrown her, in a manner described way back like that old friend you used to write anime fanfiction with back in high school, who still wears the cat ears or whatever when she's pushing thirty and otherwise hasn't changed in any way while you have.

I disagree - It makes more sense to me that Spinel was the first instance of PD/RQ's desire to help people (spare her a gem war, the grief of her being shattered etc) with the unfortunate flaw of hurting them (6000 years dungeon) instead. Pearl knew/knew of Spinel specifically, and it wasn't long after Pearl created Rose Quartz that the rebellion started after all.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Has anything from the trailers not shown up in the series yet?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Are the last four episodes 10 minuters or are they a full twenty minute/half hour slot each?

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Rhonne posted:

Jasper can now join Lars in the "Steven brought us back from the dead" club.

She can also join Pink Pearl in the 'got permanently scarred by a Diamond' club.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Zeruel posted:

He saw her doing it in the back of her cave. She didn't teach him it, but he learned it from her.

"Who taught you how to do that stuff?"
"You, alright?! I learned it by watching you!"

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
:smith: Jasper... :smith:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Greg is still good.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Jasper deserved better :colbert:

(That's the only thing bugging me about the ending though. It was pretty sweet :unsmith:)

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

maltesh posted:

Every time I go back to watch broadcast TV, I get stunned by a new commercial. When did "FurReal Friends Poopalots" become a thing?

Oh well. Loved that Cookie Cat song reprise.

Whatcha gonna do with all that poop, all that poop, WHOOP WHOOP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Oops, wrong thread.