Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

kidcoelacanth posted:

Didn't use "sad gay, so what," thread is ruined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
The true healing power of relationships has been extensively studied and is well-documented, over in E/N.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

JT Jag posted:

Jesus it's just one day after the Summer of Steven ended and this is what we've reverted to

Imagine how glorious the hiatus after the end of the August episodes will be. We've had like 20 some odd episodes drop on us here.

Think of the wait.

Just think of it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

drrockso20 posted:

Way I see it, no one under the age of 18 should be considered responsible for their actions cause their brains are still being built(well unless they like kill someone or something and even then not always)

Brain development goes until at least age 24.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Technically it's Ruby and Sapphire who are the gay ones.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706527&userid=201532

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
There's something horribly wrong about an ain't right if it isn't out of a Hank Hill-type.

B'wah.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
If you think about it, Jasper did nothing wrong whereas Lapis is just a blue Hitler.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Amethyst on the other hand is the living embodiment of America.

:patriot:

Amethyst is truly the most relatable Crystal Gem.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Macaluso posted:

Guys it's an avatar on an online forum. It's not that big of a deal if you guys have the same one

Speaking of I just wanna say I appreciate your good av and have for, like, years.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Bring back Bravest of the Lamps.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Say Nothing posted:

Out-there theory; The gem race are currently at war with a powerful unknown enemy.

But little did we realize, this whole time they were at war... with themselves.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
The show might deal with the death of a character since that's a major part of life but if they do it'll probably be a flashback to Rose's remogrification and how everyone reacted at the time.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
I'm sure there's some quantum explanation but I ain't no certified quantum mechanic.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

TwoPair posted:

Noooo I thought we weren't gonna go down the dark path...

They were clearly talking about the light path.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

NecroMonster posted:

It's going to blow Jasper's mind when she finds out there is another way to get strong besides being born that way or fusing. Hell, there is even a Crystal Gem who might know a thing or two about the third way.

Greg will show her his gym.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Bongo Bill posted:

Funko Pop figurines sell very well. This is perhaps due to aggressive recognition-based marketing. It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't poo poo ugly.

What's the deal with Pops? There's like zero detail or craftsmanship in them and then on top of that they take up more space than a regular figure probably would. So they're big and designed to be just barely recognizable as the character they are.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Think of it like this, Revolver Ocelot doesn't need to bounce bullets around and use a highly antiquated gun, he chooses to do those things because it's more challenging and there's no feeling like sliding in that long, silver bullet into a well-greased chamber in the heat of battle. Pearl is the same except with swords.

Much like Ocelot, she's also totally in love with her leader.

Basically I want Pearl to dress as a cowboy.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Pick posted:

They already don't actually live in Beach City, right?

Somewhere over the horizon far enough that they'd almost freeze to death if they walked from an indeterminate point in between.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
You know Rose. She always did whoever she wanted.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Pollyanna posted:

The message of the episode was kind of lost on me. :( I don't really understand what the whole thing was about. I mean, I get that it was about Connie and Steven coming to terms with the poo poo that's happened (for however long it's been for Steven), but the entire song sequence seemed to be about doing something specific that I didn't pick up on. The posts about DBT and mindfulness kinda explain a bit of it? But I also don't really get it. I'm sure the episode is great, but I'm not super excited by it.

I also like how the frame rate completely tanks during the song sequence, just like real anime. :allears:

It's some kinda meditation thing but I've never found meditation useful for myself so it's lost on me as well.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Waffleman_ posted:

I think some of my understanding of this episode was hampered by me not really catching a lot of the lyrics of the song.

They hosed up the mixing of the voice audio by making the music too loud. I deal with that poo poo almost every single day working with reality TV.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Swedish Horror posted:

I remember hoping weeks ago that there would be more happy episodes. I was wrong to hope

The ultimate lesson of Steven Universe is that hope is a lie degeminize yourself

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Philip Rivers posted:

If anyone can get a good .gif of Stevonnie sitting lotus position at the end of the song I'll change my avatar so I'm not cribbing on my Lapis friend's internet face.

Make the other guy change because I'm pretty sure that one has random green pixels and looks bad.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Raserys posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit 1.0: Old GBS > Internet Defectives › I Haven't Had I'M READING TOO LITERALLY INTO METAPHORS IN THIS CHILDRENS CARTOON AND I SHOULD JUST TAKE THIS ENTIRE POST TO TUMBLR With My SO In Months

:same:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
I believe if you analyze the data it will show that Jasper did nothing wrong.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
After a certain point as a kid I mostly spent my time watching nature documentaries, where I learned that all life is inherently violent and existence is ultimately pointless.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Dude Johnny Quest showed me that all you need to get through life is a Sikh friend, a dog, and a mercenary bodyguard.

This is actually true though.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Raserys posted:

The shattering of Pink Diamond will probably be bogged down in a million complicated circumstances, I don't think Rose was so ruthless or pragmatic as to shatter a gem just cause

Are you kidding me? Rose wrecked Pink Diamond for that sweet Chaos bonus.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

BigRed0427 posted:

So I heard from "Other Places" On the internet that the show was being canceled? Bullshit> Not Bullshit? Just a bunch of Youtubers going for click bait?

I can't believe Steven Universe loving diedgot canceled. RIP.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

BioEnchanted posted:

Again a lot of them are not quite as clear but I'll try...
Lancer (Focused, Loyal Second in Command, Pearl) + Rogue = Focused yet Unpredictable warrior with a weakness for being distracted and losing sight of her original task in times of stress. Can't really think of a name for it but the traits form an interesting combo. It seems like a rare character type for someone to be scatterbrained yet focused at the same time, so there isn't really an obvious archetype.. I'll have to think hard about that one, unless someone has a good descriptive term that I haven't heard of/ have forgotten...

Ranger.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
So that's why Sniper Wolf treated valium like candy, so she could keep from ever being distracted and unfusing.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Everyone brings up Gohan's outfit and other DBZ stuff, but Connie's training outfit also closely resembles feminine martial arts uniforms from Sri Lankan arts just with Gohan's colors. It's also worth noting that these martial arts happen to rely a lot on swords and both twirling and jumping attackings. Maheswaran is a Tamil name that you would find in Sri Lanka.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Just when I needed a new doormat, the universe provides.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Greg never fused with Rose but the biggest problem with Connie fusing is that I have no idea what a Connie/Pearl fusion would be called. :confused:

Connie... Pearl... Peonniarl.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Is Lauren still run off the internet or has she come back?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Captain Oblivious posted:

That tweet never quite seemed right to me. Could just be the limitations of twitter (only so many characters and all) but it seems like yes, someone with PTSD/depression SHOULD aspire to get better but that acting superficially "normal" and being expected to act outwardly cheery is not how you do that.

For the amount that people tell me to just smile and be happy, why aren't you happy, I wish I had the ability to chisel just so I could carve a mountain into a massive middle finger that could be seen from space. But that may be incidental to being a crotchety bastard more than just being depressed.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

subpar anachronism posted:

Not an answer to the question, but I thought it was a chisel?

It's a metal saving technique used in some countries and time periods to produce peasant-level weapons cheaply. Generally not to a perfect 90 degree angle since I think that compromises the metal, but gently caress it it's made of magic.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Quick, guy with the Punished "Pearl" Snake avatar, post in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Who What Now posted:

Where was there an Adventure Zone reference?

Upcoming promo. I've never heard of Adventure Zone so I just assume it was a Zone of the Enders reference.