Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I hope Peridot's bow tie makes a reappearance in Season 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Didn't know Zuke deactivated her Twitter. That makes me so sad and angry.

I don't care what the haters (whatever they hate) think; the Lapis and Peridot scene in Beta made me so happy on so many levels.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Since we're revealing our inner fangarbage secrets, Beta really sold me on Lapis and Peridot as a couple. They're just adorable together and Peridot is so concerned about Lapis's feelings despite being a socially inept little dorkus. :kimchi:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Roth posted:

I lived through the great Teen Titans and Last Airbenders ship wars a decade ago. It was pretty bad.

Lost many a fine nerd to those wars. Rebecca Sugar, you know not what you've done!

Funky Valentine posted:

Got in a little subforum jam
So they put a rifle in my hand
Sent me off to a forum land
To go and kill the NaruHina man

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Tollymain posted:

that's not a very good post

even connie could shitpost better than that

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

"THIS IS NOT FINE!!"

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I think I know just the fellow to help her out with those relationship woes!

So Jasper's going to learn to love by punching Lars repeatedly in his face and then hooking up with somebody else that's a great theory I like it.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

subpar anachronism posted:

Was looking for stuff for a friend's birthday on etsy and stumbled across this. Not sure why but it creeps me out really badly. If y'all need me I'll be over here screaming forever

I went to their shop and it's like horror front to back. The other ones don't have the rag doll body though which makes this extra :dogbutton:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Pomp posted:

why is lapis smiling

Well I mean she did, once...

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

kefkafloyd posted:

I produced these for people to buy

they change colors. :catdrugs:

What's your shop?

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

When Centipeetle is uncorrupted and gets her voice back which "Orange is the New Black" cast member should she be voiced by?

I vote for Samira Wiley.

It better not be anybody but Kate Mulgrew, dammit.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

dear mods please change the avatar of all who have posted in this thread to creepy pearlface

then no one has to be sad

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Infinitum posted:

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Does anyone have a good source for high quality Steven Universe gifs? I'm running a mafia game soon and I'm trying to fill out the game with some pics

Are you playing on here because I want to watch.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Infinitum posted:

Yeah I will be. I'll link it here once it's prepped and ready to rock.

There is a fairly big Mafia community here on SA if you haven't played before
Not sure if there are any games currently recruiting, but there you go

Thanks, I've played before and while it's not really my thing I at least want to see how an SU one plays out.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Shima Honnou posted:

Bring back Bravest of the Lamps.

Counterpoint: Don't.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Junpei Hyde posted:

So what you're saying is post a shitton of lapidot fanart got it.

ikimaru

sumimimimi

blushmallet

Ugh phone posting from tumblr sucks

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

IIRC Bravest mentioned in the bad webcomics thread that his beef with fanart was meant to get people's goat

Motherfucker posted:

he rused us all by arguing for hours and hours on end about it

Ah yes, what a puppetmaster he was. Truly we were trolled...in the real way.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/person/12875701%7C0/Zach-Callison/ Apparently this is an updated list of shorts coming out in the future. Nothing too spoilery but just in case Holy poo poo Video Call with Peridot and Lapis, Gem Karaoke and a Reaction Video. I love these shorts already

"Lion Patiently Narrates Steven Cooking"

:allears:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Acne Rain posted:

This episode was literally about Dialectical Behavior Therapy, actual proven therapy techniques I've encountered for regulating emotions. This is one reason that it's relatable, they have done their homework here.
Specifically the episode is about Mindfulness. Many DBT items are either single words or acronyms because remembering complicated notions in the heat of difficult emotions is difficult, Mindfulness is a specific concept of being in the moment that this episode was about explaining and not just a funny title word choice. I cannot believe I just listened to Estelle rap about therapeutic meditation.

I keep seeing people off-thread complain about the show being dumb and here comes a loving DBT episode. And it still works and has conflict and resolution that feels earned. Show does more intelligent poo poo in 10 minutes than many shows do over multiple drat hours.

Emptyquoting because you said everything I came here to say.

I just watched a cartoon teaching children about a loving counseling technique that I've utilized in the field. This show is so special to me for so many reasons. :gay:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I just saw Kubo and the Two Strings and would recommend it to the thread, as it shares a lot of themes with Steven Universe and also the animation is really awesome.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

misadventurous posted:

The marijuana leaves take that from "sad" to "internet gold" imo

:yeah:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I didn't care much for this episode either. I mean Steven was cute in the Zoltron outfit but the episode itself was kinda...dull.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

nutranurse posted:

You people need to watch this show high.

I have, doesn't make the episode any more interesting.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

kefkafloyd posted:

I'd take Greg over Onion.

The mystery minis are probably the most tolerable. I hate the full sized pops, they look really ugly, the proportions on the Minis are at least more chibi.

This show is anime as gently caress, just hire companies like Neondroid or Figuarts to make toys.

My husband bought me one of the Pearl full-size pops and I felt bad telling him I didn't want to take it to work with me because it creeps me out. So then we pre-ordered a box of the minis being released in October because we are sad nerds. :retrogames:

The lack of (good) merchandise is depressing though; on the one hand I'm glad SU isn't like SpongeBob or Minions and loving everywhere, but on the other hand if like something other than the little figures.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Who What Now posted:

Yeah, but how much better would it be if it had a kickass wizard on it?

Given the totally sick artwork we've seen Greg produce, the lack of a kickass wizard on his van is now SU's greatest mystery IMO.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Pearl got called a goon and that made me laugh.

Also Ocean Town: no longer on fire!

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Poison Mushroom posted:

Also, tag yourself, I'm repressed nerd.

I'm the apple juice. :c00lbert:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Megaspel posted:

Uh, then I guess you haven't heard of the show 'Allen Gregory'. It's makes way wider strides than SU.

If you're interested in watching it, don't look up anything about it. If you go in without being spoiled you'll enjoy yourself a lot more.

Allen Gregory was the most godawful piece of crap ever animated and you should feel bad for recommending it.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

MrSlam posted:

Jasper needs a crying-song. If she gets redeemed it better be a training montage in the vein of I'll Make A Quartz Out Of You.

Nah, Kimberly Brooks has a voice made for metal.

Also whoa I didn't realize she voiced Ashley in Mass Effect. (Probably because I always left her to die on Virmire.)

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

OB_Juan posted:

And rolled with Kaiden? Does he continue to complain all game?

Wouldn't know, was too busy using Wrex or Tali and Garrus for every mission to pay attention.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

MrSlam posted:

Sideways diamond is still diamond

No it's lopsided, no self-respecting Diamond would be lopsided. Maybe Pink Cubic Zirconia though.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

:yikes:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

MrSlam posted:

Uncle Grandpa is a benevolent eldritch anomaly. He is both creator and byproduct. Both Uncle and Grandpa. He is the tire-swing on Kabbalah's tree of life.

:allears:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Shima Honnou posted:

Not dressed as Mayor Dewey 0/10

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Regarding Gem Harvest: Peridot and Lapis wanting to be "moms" is precious and I love them together so much. I hope nothing untoward happens to their Pumpkin by the end of the episode, though.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Whiz Palace posted:

Of all the unfortunate parts of the fandom, those who enjoy weirdly sexualized violence against Lapis is one of the worst.

Agreed.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Lol

It was a cute episode and very timely. Also Carl Andy is my new favorite human.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I would be happy if season 5 is nothing but Lapis & Peridot fun time tbph.

:yeah:

I preordered this partly because it looks like a fun thing to do with my son, and partly because it means I can own merchandise of Peridot in that bow tie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

BioEnchanted posted:

THe talk of good shows with bad sequels brought to mind Xiaolin Showdown and it's sequel series Xiaolin Chronicles. I loved Showdown, I've watched it multiple times although there are episodes that I skip (Like the atrocious one with Omi's fake "family" built by Jack Spicer). At Chronicles, my brother and I were laughing, but at it. Our reactions were ones of bewilderment, like to Ping Pong, who at first seemed to be an awkward idea because of him looking like a smaller Omi, who is Chinese. The name was awkward because a lot of bad jokes at Chinese people's expense have used that exact name - but Ping Pong was french. We were, like, "What the gently caress?" It was such a weird decision, like many of the series's decisions. There were moments that seemed like they new that they were bad, like Shadow's( Chase Young's new minion) origin - Chase does a bunch of random kung fu poo poo, then vomits up an egg. It then smash cuts to Shadow mirroring the audience as she asks "Really? THAT'S how I was born?" She's disgusted by how stupid her own backstory is.

I think overall my favourite Showdown episode was one of the ones where Jack tried to join the monks after something goes wrong with his plans, the one culminating in the game of Truth or Lie, in which Omi calls Jack out - he claims in the final round that he was always planning on betraying Omi from the start - Omi's response:

"LIE! You did try. That is why I'm so disappointed in you..." *Jack's handhold breaks, causing him to fall and lose the game*

Why'd you have to go and inform me of this when I never saw it and had good memories of Showdown? :qq: