Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly they should just recast her at this point, same with Opal

It sucks because Nicki Minaj and Aimee Mann are two of my absolute favorite musicians and we barely get to hear from them/Opal/Sugilite as a result :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Garnet is literally the embodiment of a gay relationship, and thereby sets the scale.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

The axes have a number of interesting associations.

What's the sadness axis associated with (besides sadness)?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Anyway, there's a promo out for Buddy's Book: https://youtu.be/5MYz_r-lPKw

For some reason I always find Steven's spotty levels of education extremely amusing rather than terrifying.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

I liked the (new leak) tease for the new location

It looked like Blue Diamond's palanquin from Garnet's How We Met flashback

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

I can't believe Amethyst was a Confederate.

Duh, they're all rebels. :colbert:

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

SwimmingSpider posted:

The new episode felt sort of like an episode of Arthur, I think, IDK why it just had that feel.

You're probably just having an instinctual reaction to the presence of a LIBRARY EPISODE

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Having multiple mysterious big bosses who appear only in silhouette and imagery for loads of episodes is the most anime thing ever so I'm going to assume that was the plan all along.

Also YD nonchalantly wanting the destruction of the planet if there was any chance of there being other Diamonds still on Earth seems...odd.

Still, cool theories and ugh I want all the episodes nowwww give them to me

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Sudden realization: the Diamonds might have been able to nip the rebellion in the bud if A) Blue Diamond hasn't been so worried about the rebellion that she summoned a powerful clairvoyant to Earth and B) they weren't such sticks in the mud about fusion that Ruby and Sapphire fusing didn't give the rebels the chance to escape and then gain the favor of a powerful fusion.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

SlothfulCobra posted:

Garnet was a drop in the bucket of all the gems that Rose managed to persuade over to her side. As Homeworld brought more gems to earth to fight the rebellion, they swelled Rose's ranks all the more. Ideology is the real zombie invasion.

Which also incidentally means that all zombie hordes can be used as analogies for populist uprisings.

Sapphire's prophecy to Blue Diamond was that Rose Quartz and Pearl would be captured, and the rebellion ended. I like to think that Garnet's unexpected moment of love thereby saved the rebellion and the Earth just by existing. :kimchi:

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

drat. This show is really interested in exploring the emotional and psychological aspects of relationships in ways I haven't really seen on TV before.

Also looks like all the CRAZY DARK poo poo Steven went through really recently is still affecting him. Glad they showed that.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Philip Rivers posted:

A lot happened in this episode because Steven Universe is fueled by emotional beats and not plot progression.

On this show, emotional progression and personal development are plot progression.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

After a thorough scouring of the Steven Univers[al Communications Network] there appears to be no evidence that the show will be cancelled any time soon. As of right now it's far more likely that the Crew will run out of content they're excited about creating and giving to us than CN ending the show.

This scouring also led me to puzzle over the latest ratings, which reveal that A) about as many adults 18-64 watch Steven Universe as Anderson Cooper 360 and B) old reruns of shows are still insanely popular. (Note: attempting to interpret ratings from the Cartoon Network perspective requires a lot more data, like how other Cartoon Network shows are doing and, you know, how many under-18s are watching it, since that's their demo for ad buys.)

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I'm queerer than a pile of gay rocks and Smiley/Frowney's relationship seemed pretty platonic to me. But still cute. :3:

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Who What Now posted:

I also had a dream about SU once. All the gems on earth along with Steven, Connie, and Greg all fused together into a single enormous being called "Solar Quartz", who was so powerful it's mere existence shattered the barrier keeping God from unleashing his army of angels upon the earth. Then my dream took a weird turn where I was trying to put together a film production to make a movie in the post-Angelic apocalypse starring Steve Buschemi.

I had eaten a lot of weird stuff the night before.

This...also requires artistic visualization. :stare:

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

Pearl is your aunt who always has champagne in her hand no matter the occasion.

FTFY

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Normally we don't get stills leaked like this, just the first couple minutes of the episode.

But if you're referring to the general sense of manic excitement akin to a crowd of heroin addicts just hours away from their next hit, that's pretty normal.

GIVE ME THE EPISODDDDEEEEEE :kingsley:

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

That definitely made up for Future Boy Zoltron.

That was the queerest thing I've seen on TV that wasn't on Logo :eyepop:

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Gems confirmed for being undocumented immigrants :freep:

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

Okay, if no one's going to say it, I will. That woman looked like mom. You saw it, you saw it...

:eyepop:

Between this and the "remember that time you almost let me die" line, Steven had zero chill this episode.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Acne Rain posted:

really if Garnet has a flaw it's her/ruby's anger.
Several times when she's gotten angry it was blocked or played like she was about to hurt someone even though she didn't, and Pearl and Amethyst seriously used to live in mortal fear of her and may still do so (Secret Team).

And Sapphire's deterministic nihilism. (Which seems to be the source of Garnet's lack of questioning.)

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Wasn't there like an interview or something where the crew said they don't do one-off characters :shrug:

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Place your bets now: will Onion Gang be a townie episode or a gem episode? The answer may surprise you!

Or, just as likely, both, in which case, you have to name the proportion between townie content and Gem content. :colbert:

(My bet's on 80-20.)

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I had no idea the Emmys were even on! I thought they happened already for some reason. Very disappointing to hear our show didn't win... baffling to hear it lost to Robot Chicken. Did they just draw it out of a hat?!

Media awards are always pretty arbitrary, in my experience. And that's before all the "campaigning" for particular awards. Which individual show teams would find difficult to do, probably, since those kind of campaigns are usually run by the studio, and in this case all the top entries were by Cartoon Network.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Steven rejecting the choice to kill another living thing is highly relevant to recent episodes.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

DrakePegasus posted:

Three days into hiatus and we already top ourselves in shame.

Pink is a kind of rouge :shrug:

I will hereafter refer to Rose as The Rouge General

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

I'm not fully caught up yet and only started watching recently, but does Steven ever experience any regret for murdering the 5 rubies in the most horrible way possible?

Not to spoil you too hard but it soon becomes clear that part of the Ruby incident is one of the many things that's weighing on Steven.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I need an emote

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Domestic Amuse posted:

Settle down, you crazy kids.

Notice there haven't been any more leaks. Guess CN's finally tightened up the spigot, eh?

It's been literally 5 days since the last leak, you might want to wait a little while longer before drawing conclusions.

(The main conclusion is that the episode is not currently in my hands right this instant. :smith:)

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Whether or not Rose did it, I don't think Rose's sword was actually involved.

Probably, since Rose's sword is special because it doesn't shatter gems, it just poofs them.

That moment in The Trial revealed for certain that something is seriously wrong with the story of how things went down.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Pick posted:

I don't think Yellow did anything really, I think she's just supposed to be another version of dealing with grief. She's aggressive, it doesn't mean she's culpable.

I think YD's supposed to come off as suspicious but that it's a red herring since it's too glaringly obvious. My bet is on White Diamond

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Zeruel posted:

I hated how quickly they got off of Homeworld. Especially with YD's whole, "You're on our world now.

They're totally going back literally whenever they want now that they have an immortal private portal to Homeworld running around

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

BigRed0427 posted:

Hasn't anyone else thought Of The theroy that Pink Diamond was the real leader of the rebellion?

I feel like it's been a pretty long running theory that Pink Diamond got shattered because she started going soft (since we know next to nothing about her still).

Earth was her one and only planet after all. As a relatively new Diamond she might have started getting some inappropriate ideas...

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

SU Is the Universe at it's absolute best, the best case scenario - R&M is the universe at it's absolute worst. The Worst Case Scenario. In this sense they kind of balance each other out.

They're both excellent encapsulations of how each creator sees the world. Not a high bar to clear, I know, but let's just say Rebecca Sugar seems way more well-adjusted than Dan Harmon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

vermin posted:

I'd like to see Roiland, Harmon, and Sugar work on a project together

No thank you