Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I loving hate smokey quartz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

If I wanted to see a fat and gross idiot with a mutant arm I'd look in a mirror.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

IIRC Bravest mentioned in the bad webcomics thread that his beef with fanart was meant to get people's goat

he rused us all by arguing for hours and hours on end about it

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

https://imgur.com/gallery/RcW1N

Just a reminder that fans are degenerates and you should be ashamed if you associate with them.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

WarpedNaba posted:

Man, how do you do it? When I showed this to the thread, they dogpiled me.

I am from shitpostistan and none of those garbage people are awake at the same time as me.

Also if they were I would insult them and they would cry cuz I am so sick at burns.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

That picture is mad spooky.

Like, maybe its the shadow falling across the monolithic face, the tired gaze over the tiny gaily colored plastic miniatures. There's no innocence in that eye, nothing about it suggests it is seeing any joy... Just a selection of vinyl shapes. That hostile alien gaze isn't interested in the show, its merely the obligated gaze of a deviant selecting which miniature its going to place in its rear end in a top hat for another dreary mid afternoon wank.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

It's an Alternate Universe Griffin's Amiibo Corner...

who would make such a horrifying creation

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I googled CBT and only got Cognitive Behavioral Therapy stuff, decided to look it up on tumblr and, uhhhhh, that's a lot of stuff alright. :stare: But I still got no idea what CBT is.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Like all episodes of this lovely loving cartoon this one sucked. Can't wait for the next.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Spatula City posted:

better still, Amethyst and Greg hanging out. :3:

That went so well last time...

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Motherfuckin' got me good.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Harold Krell posted:

I think it's sad that a lot of SU fans hate "Say Uncle" to the point where they won't even watch the episode.

It's like you have animators from two different shows getting the chance to make something fun and silly together, and then these so-called fans just completely write it off as "dumb meaningless garbage, not even gonna look at it!" :hurr:

As someone who is (or at least imagines themselves as) a creative, I find it absolutely disheartening when I put my soul into something that I worked hard on just to entertain others, even it's just a light-hearted funny thing, only for them to lash out to the point where it feels like they're going out of their way to tell others to ignore it. It's incredibly grating when these people also preach open-mindedness and unconditional love and then just completely turn on you when it the thing you made isn't their cup of tea. :(

I watched it and I still hated it.

Maybe not watching something for fear of lessening another thing you do like is ok and maybe you're a judgemental fucker, ever think of that?

Idiot bitch

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

If anything, learning his mum murdered a dude may have just made Steven even less okay with murdering dudes or using weapons created for the express purpose of murdering dudes better.

that or it will awake a dormant murder-lust and SU will throw a curveball at us in that 'Corporeal punishment is ok sometimes'

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Like they'll find a gem who is immune to bubbling and it just keeps traumatically poofing the cast, looming over their gems all threateningly than at the very end Steven will be like 'ENOUGH' and captain America it into shards and stare down crying over his reflection in the fragments and Garnet will stand next to him and pat him on the shoulder and be like 'its ok, its over now' and than that night steven will have to throw away his batman doll.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Philip Rivers posted:

I mean if you don't think the CGs are gonna shatter a gem eventually then idk what to say

They'll probably softball it, like they'll have a redemption episode or two for bismuth but it turns out she'll wind up shattering the monster of the week for conveniance and it'll be like "back to time out the bubble dungeon with you till you can learn to stop murdering murderer"

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

And I'm just sitting here like 'You know if the gems manage to rope in a clueless yet adult human they may actually ask the kinds of questions I wanna know the answers to'

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Eela6 posted:

'without pennsylvania, do philly cheesesteaks still exist?'

See, the real poo poo.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

MrSlam posted:

It's going to get super weird when she gives her Rose's dress and sword and tries to teach her how to command others in battle.

"That's it, S! Tell me how to defeat the corrupted gem!"
"I...don't know? I'm a loan officer!"
"No, you taught me we could be whatever we choose to be!"

I'm kinda hoping pearl's relationship explodes in flames because she's basically using pearlfriend as a replacement gold-fish and also because she refuses to 'lower' herself to doing human stuff the majority of the time which is very much expected of you when you're literally dating a human.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Philip Rivers posted:

She's actually trying to break out of her shell and try human stuff for a change why are you wishing for a cool queer relationship that doesn't even exist yet to implode you jerk :mad:

Queer people can have good and happy things happen in their lives. It doesn't all have to be cosmic irony and terrible sadness for Pearl.

That or actually queer people can't have good and happy things happen in their lives till they base them on healthy life choices~

Like that one guy said, I can't wait to see her react to the bit where Pearl is training a little girl to use a sword or the part where they have thousands of gems in their basement.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Philip Rivers posted:

Setting up a lesbian relationship for the express purpose of failing and generating drama at a queer woman's expense is lovely, lowbrow queerbaiting and is so far below this show's standards that I am legitimately a little offended by you suggesting that would be a good or worthwhile plotline. :frogout:

I don't give a poo poo.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I mean you took it to the gay place, I'm just sayin' pearl is clearly not over the last relationship and also is in a lovely place to start a new one since rose died like, last year, in gemological terms. Its a lot of baggage to bring into a relationship upfront.

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Come on, you know better than to respond to motherfucker.

I'm actually very smart and cool.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Sep 9, 2016

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Well what I'm sayin' is that in any relationship, homosexual or otherwise, pearl is frontloading the drama and her sadbrains are gonna get her in trouble again because she has the emotional skill and social dexterity of a clawhammer covered in boiling tar (despite being one of the longest living gems on earth she still sucks compared to Garnet and Amethyst (and Peridot and Lapis at this rate)) and that when it invariably fails I am going to laugh at the pain and suffering which is why I watch this show in the first place.

Incidentally if you cry could you please record it and send me the link?

<---- Love it.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

MariusLecter posted:

It's literally pearls nature to implode lol

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I'm all for representation but... Lars?

Like, can't we aim higher?

Like Buck Dewey~ :allears:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Okay, but, it doesn't have to be dramatic. Sometimes things just don't click and that's fine. Maybe Pearl and S will go on a date and realize "Wow, even though we're both attracted to each other physically we really don't have that much in common" and then both go on to date different women.

You don't have to enter a long term relationship with every person you get a crush; and if things don't work out with S that doesn't mean Pearl has to give up on finding a new girlfriend.

I mean if that don't do it the fact pearl literally can't remove her clothes might.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

MrSlam posted:

I'm worried. It's been mentioned in this thread that episodes with vague descriptions and innocuous sounding titles end up having some sort of horrible secret or drama happen.

Who the hell are Onion's secret friends?

Onion follows the CGs and snatches up a gem shard from a fusion mutant which he uses to reanimate his horrifying real-doll.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Philip Rivers posted:

Nothing you said here is untrue but

is what I was responding to.

Ah, respond to tone, nice work friendo.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Philip Rivers posted:

They touched on that one episode ago with Mr. Smiley and Mr. Frowny. Yes this is an important message but there's no reason whatsoever it has to be Pearl who's used to demonstrate this.

Now are you actually seriously suggesting that episode had the emotional weight to pull the entire message or are you just sad because your favorite cartoon character might have an imaginary bad thing happen. And either way, why are you so pathetic?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

MariusLecter posted:

Does lube work when used on hard rock like surfaces?

Greg has canonically murdered a gem with his dick.

so yes

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I want pearl to suffer so I hope they don't.

Peri on the other hand should absolutely remain happy.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Troposphere posted:

can we use the word lesbian when we are referring to lesbians instead of queer thanks

No you don't understand we have to use queer, queer things aren't actually bad. We're taking it back, its this generations n-word *vomits uncontrollably*

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Megaspel posted:

Straight up the word queer hasn't been a pejorative since before I was born.

are you a millennial?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Attestant posted:

THE MOON ISN'T REAL. :tinfoil:

How else can you explain Steven and the Rubies being launched to the space by a simple air lock opening? The real moon has an escape velocity of about 2,4 km/s.

because Steven can float with the power of happy thoughts he was actually euphoric at being pulled into a vacuum because it would be a chance to die.

Like all millennials Steven lusts for death.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

no but you see im gay and i want you to know it

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Like all things the main problem is the fanbase is dogshit.

Yes that includes me and you, yes, you reading this.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

You're new, the fandom hasn't infected you yet

give in to the Lapidot. Give in to the Pearlmethyst. Tell me, who's the best gem?

After years of asceticism I stand now on this pier, looking at the sunset reflecting on the never ending horizon of sea, I think back to my past while a breeze caresses my worn skin and I whisper something that comes from my heart.

"Peridot is my waifu"

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I have no idea what this is referencing and am scared to ask.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

MrSlam posted:

"Put some clothes on, Yellowtail."
"Murh muhrmuhr muhr! Meh Muhrmuhr muhr! (We aren't ashamed of our bodies in this house, young man.)"

I was kind of hoping Yellowtail would be really buff under the raincoat :gay:

fuckers a sailor, he should be ripped

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Pessimism posted:

Obviously it's referencing dog penises, a fandom staple.

Oh right, the minutiae of why all fandoms should be eradicated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

latest episode sucked and was bad tbh