Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Well neither Ruby or Sapphire has a British accent, and yet Garnet does. Think about that.

Anyway, there's a promo out for Buddy's Book: https://youtu.be/5MYz_r-lPKw

Libaries are cool, and so is Nanefua.

Lion's warp is making the accordion noise! :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Pyrotoad posted:

Has the Lion Teleportation noise always had that same weird noise as the Diamond themes? :catstare:

Quotin' this to emphasize.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

NecroMonster posted:

None of this constitutes actual child abuse.

"It's just really hosed up, is all."

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

I can't believe no one's pointed out that Steven has a pet beetle now :3:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Outside of that Mark Watches thing I haven't seen people charge for their reactions; most just set up a Paypal button or Patreon as a tin cup for their digital busking.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Attestant posted:

Just have the main characters other than Steven interact with the town more. You don't have to expand the lore, or move the plot every time, if you can still provide quality character moments.

The problem is that Steven will have to be there anyway, since the show has been pretty rigorous about making sure we see what he sees.

Going back over the series though, I do hope there's an episode where someone finally calls out Steven for his manipulative behavior without the show taking Steven's side on things. The New Lars is probably the best example of this, but Steven's been having a problem with making decisions FOR people, with Barn Mates, Mr. Greg, and Beach City Drift as notable occasions. Maybe Garnet sits him down one episode and points out this stuff and says "Hey, I know things usually turn out okay :c00l:, but making decisions for people is lovely, and it's what made your mom a lovely gem. Plus the Diamonds decided our entire lives for us before we were even born but that's getting into some pretty heavy poo poo."

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

evilmiera posted:

As for Steven Universe, I stopped watching after they drilled down in that one episode, what's been going on since then?

Let me sum up.

- Lapis and Peridot are art college roommates at the barn.
- There was a team of Homeworld Rubies that showed up, they're floating through space right now.
- Jasper's been corrupted into a monster and has been bubbled.
- Stevonnie has been in fights and they're awesome.
- Steven and Amythest have fused. Their name is Smokey Quartz and their weapon is a yo-yo.
- Greg is now a multi-millionaire.
- We found out about the Bismuth in Lion's mane.
- Centipeedle came back and revealed to be a starship captain, and the Diamonds caused all the gem monsters with a discordant accordion song (aka the "Disccordion")
- Turns out Pink Diamond was a thing, but Rose killed her.

I think that's all the big plot drops since they wrapped up the Cluster, am I forgetting anything?

vvv Oh yeah, and Greg's given name was Gregory DeMayo vvv

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Dec 27, 2016

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

E: nevermind, spoilers aren't that funny.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jan 3, 2017

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Bongo Bill posted:

It claims to have full episodes up, but when I attempt to load them, I see only teasers. Did they take 'em down?

I mean, obviously I'm gonna watch them as soon as I can find them. What if I got hit by a bus tomorrow, and died knowing there was Steven Universe I hadn't seen?

I found a Mega rip, but something's wrong with the audio, and I'm stuck with these especially crummy subtitles. I expect the usual websites will have it soon enough.

hughesta posted:

someone just tell us if they're cool and good

Yes, Greg works his magic charms on even bigger women

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

YELLOW DIAMOND SONG

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Samovar posted:

I do wonder why Garnet is so scared of B.D., tho.

This is my last black bar post, I swear.

Its because Blue Diamond is Sapphire's mom. And if you have an authoritative parent you're going to carry that weird mix of fear/respect for the rest of your life. Blue Diamond looks like that kind of parent that's mostly absent in their kid's lives either from depression or fibromyalgia and spends most of the day in her bedroom. But you're still supposed to listen to what they say. No telling what she was like back in the day though. Yellow Diamond is 100% the structured parent, and I can't wait to see how Connie responds to meeting her given the similarities to Dr. Maheshwaran

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

So since Steven's Dream is still up and looks like it's meant to stay up, can we stop black-barring discussion of that episode? Because the black bars get pretty ridiculous and dealing with them for a full month is worth avoiding.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Deepest Lore: We know Greg's age, he's 39 years old. Which means he got Rose Gregnant at 25 and they met when he was about 21-19 based on how old Sour Cream looked in 3 Gems and a Baby. Not that this does much except make me more depressed about my recent 25th birthday :(

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Rhonne posted:

Am I crazy, or was skinny Jasper voiced by Pearl?

Nah, so far every copy of gems we've seen so far have been done by the same VA.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Infinitum posted:

This but unironically

With Steven doing a rock version of "All I want to do, is watch you turn into, a giant woman"

I'm like 85% sure this is how the show ends. Bonus points for Peridot warping the Cluster to the surface so we can hear Andy say "GUYS MY FRIGGIN' BARN!".

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

chitoryu12 posted:

Word of God actually revealed that the scroll from "Together Breakfast" had its strange magic from using ink made of ground-up gems. We know that even Gem shards have a little bit of "soul" in them, so to speak, so there's probably a lot of devious utilities for Gem corpses depending on your creativity.

This actually brings up some questions about how immortal "immortal" is for Gems. They're supposed to only be killable by shattering their gems and live forever otherwise, but we know that shards maintain some capacity to live and can be combined into forced fusion experiments. Even grinding them up doesn't totally remove the life from them, as it lets you create magic ink. How far down do you need to reduce a Gem before it truly ceases to exist?

Pseudoscience technobabble, but a crystal is just a repeating pattern of atoms. Break a gem apart and you still have two sets of patterns. For a gem to be 100% dead, you'd have to break up the pattern on an atomic level, which takes way more effort compared to just bubbling it.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Zebia posted:

I remember this blog was brought up a while ago, and they've just reached Bismuth. They had a take on the episode that I don't recall seeing here so just posting a link to it, but first their take on Mr. Greg just because:

http://markwatches.net/reviews/2017/01/mark-watches-steven-universe-s03e08-mr-greg/

http://markwatches.net/reviews/2017/01/mark-watches-steven-universe-s03e20s03e21-bismuth/

Yeah even at the time I saw criticism of the episode that struck all of the points Mark brought up, and I definitely agree that the Bismuth two-parter remains a really messed-up episode. Rose being right and Bismuth being wrong is very poorly articulated, and the bubbled/shattered thing shows its weakness as a metaphor for death.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

gmq posted:

Wasn't it mentioned somewhere that gems are solar powered so they can't/shouldn't be covered?

Yeah this is just a thread theory based on the quote from Greg and the fact that gems have "bodies made of light"

Although it's weird that Steven keeps his gem covered most of the time now :tinfoil:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Also, during the trial I enjoyed the fact that Rose Quartzes were called "StrataGems". :allears:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Nah, it's because Lars isn't a gem.

I'm getting the feeling that the Diamonds are supposed to be emotional leaders in addition to political ones. Blue's obviously all about "sadness", but that ties into recording history and memories as well. After all, you can't be be sad about things that hasn't happened yet. Yellow's harder to figure out, but I'd guess she's either anger, or more likely she's "fear". Gems hunch and cower when she asserts herself, just like how they weep when Blue Diamond asserts herself. Yellow Diamond is also an obvious fit for planning and technology as a futurist: you can't be afraid of things that have already happened. Pink Diamond, if other earth-born gems are anything to go by, was about "joy" or "love". It fits with the theme of the show, but it makes a great dichotomy with the existing Diamonds: Yellow thinks of the future and expanding the Gem Empire. Blue thinks of the past, and everything Gem Society has lost. Pink Diamond might have pulled them back to the present, to love who and what they already had.

And that kind of change is scary.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Say Nothing posted:

What is this and why does it exist?

Something something something "leeks leaks"?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Turns out Steven's doing downy ads under the name "Stefan":

Can't wait to find out about Pearl's violin lessons and Amythest's part-time job as an Uber car... These are truly hard times for Beach City.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Lupus Rufus posted:

I think Pink was just a bit taller than Stevonnie, the crack seems to be at about their head level

Episode aired so do we need spoiler tags? But yeah Pink Diamond is definitely short compared to the others. Love that this show can still be surprising.

E:
I hate this loving family

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 6, 2018

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

EasyEW posted:

Oh god, it just dawned on me how small the throne on the Earth moonbase was compared to the Jungle Moon one. PD really was a total runt.

Oh those motherfuckers

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Bongo Bill posted:

Pink Diamond isn't Rose Quartz; their gems are not shaped the same.

To be fair we’ve never seen the back half of Steven’s gem. Supposedly this is a crew member’s shirt that shows the Crystal Gem’s gems, and Steven’s gem comes to a point. Going back to “What’s the point of Feeling, Blue?” the other Rose Quartzes are symmetrical. Hmmmm.

vvv Edit: I don’t really want it to be true, but the theory just got a lot stronger.

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jan 7, 2018

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

Her Palanquin was actually quite small

I mean you should see what she was using before that one.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

EPISODE SIGN :ducksiren:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Lapis confirmed for jerk

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

You kidding? The moon sucks.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

gmq posted:

Goddamnit Lapis. :argh:

Steven picked the exact wrong things to say though. Pale Rose!

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

loving direct! :staredog:

WHAT?!

CALLED IT!!!

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 8, 2018

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

http://drawendo.tumblr.com/image/173685849426

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I still do not want to believe

Could Steven have been right about Rose making him so that she could escape her mistakes?

What positives are actually gained from this? A hero is utterly demolished, but what's gained?

This is a show about growing up. We’ve seen that Pink was a brat as a “kid”, and we just saw her rebellious teenage years trying to form an identity apart from the other Diamonds. There’s a lot more we need to learn about the war and why Rose decided to have Steven. But this was apparently planned from the beginning so I’m sure it’s not dynamiting the theme.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

So Steven’s actual name should have been Nora Diamond Demayo?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Plus the burning question remains, did Greg know Rose was holding out on him in bigness?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

OldTennisCourt posted:

To be real though I think we can stop the spoilers, the episode aired yesterday.

Yeah it’s a little excessive. Rose is PeeDee, lets talk about it.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Obviously the story’s changed a little since 2013, but what on earth was Pink Diamond investigating? Were there Crystal Gems before Rose Quartz? :magical:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

So Rose told Pearl to never tell anyone she was Pink Diamond, and she became physically unable to.

Then she meets Garnet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yFi-hxjfT8

And Garnet doesn’t ask questions anymore :aaa:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Steven might fuse with Garnet next. Garnet has an understanding of Steven and shares things with him she won't share with the other gems and currently is the most betrayed by the news.

Maximum :3: theory: Steven fuses with Ruby, then they both fuse with Sapphire, then they split back into Steven and Garnet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Madurai posted:

Counter-theory: until the Cluster non-destructively emerges as a fusion and is hot.

Just throwing this out there, but :10bux: says they’re going to deal with the Cluster by having Peridot (or Lapis) send it to the barn in outer space.