Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Shipping is literally "we like romance stories, we like these two characters, wouldn't they be cute together?"

There's nothing really creepy or weird about it and I don't get why it's shat on all the time but it can be sort of tiring to listen to when you don't care one way or the other, and people get intense about it for some godawful reason. the real reason is because it, like fanfiction, has a reputation for being made for and by teenage girls

That being said, Lapis and Peridot living as two gay art aunts in the barn is very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Kazy posted:

It's because people attack other people for not agreeing with their double fictional relationships. (not real relationship on a not real cartoon)

Shippers are trash.

Also when did this become the Homestuck thread :v:

:( I won't attack you, I promise

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

When is Peridot going to meet Greg and how will this affect Grasper?

she threw him off a building, does that count

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

axleblaze posted:

Oh gently caress off. It has nothing to do with the fact it's often poorly done, people get really annoyingly into it and really it just a while bunch of wish fulfillment over anything to do with the characters or the series. People don't like it because it's girly. Us, the people in SU thread, just don't like things associated with women.

Nah, that's all there too, of course. Please don't get aggressive over my theory that teenage girls write badly and get really annoyingly into things.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

How are teenage girls different from goons in that sense?

Social life, and the fact they're actually making something?

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

axleblaze posted:

Fair enough. Just in the original post I was quoting it was put like "I don't see anything wrong with shipping and people that don't like it just hate it because girls like it" and that type of poo poo just rubs me the wrong way. There are so many reasons to be put off by shipping and sure there are also really dumb reasons to be put off by shipping but just don't assumptions especially when the group your talking about it in the thread. I realize I too just sort of discounted other points of view on it, which was also pretty dumb.

I phrased it pretty poorly, yeah.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

I actually like how ambiguous that final shot of rose is. Is she disappointed with him? Angry? Is Steven upset that he's not living up to her, or is he frightened, because of what she did to pink diamond? I feel like a case could be made for all of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Connie's anxiety + Steven's traumatic experiences = :smith: