Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Acne Rain posted:

here's her last tweets
It sounds like she was kind of mad at people for talking about leaks and spoiling poo poo for people but who knows

I felt bad until I read her tweets and now I'm just with her on this.

Artists have this weird thing going on where social media was like your comfortable space with your friends and then people started following you because of your work and pouring through all your conversations and every tweet you made in 2012 because you made or are involved in a popular piece of media. Then suddenly your private social space is also a performance you're unwittingly putting on for thousands of people who convinced themselves they are your personal acquaintance because they followed you on Twitter for 2 months.

Even if your heart is in the right place about it you can still contribute to this sort of thing. I see folks begging for her to come back to Twitter and they are in a sense part of the problem, because that's still expecting something of her or acting like she owes them her presence on Twitter. I don't feel like she was bullied or scared off, I feel more like she just checked out. I'm projecting a little though, I can't speak for her.

All of this said god what the gently caress though, of all the things to get mad about? Lapis and Peridot??? What the gently caress teenagers.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

The single act that endeared me to Peridot was how in spite of continuing to be comically tactless and alien towards everything social or emotional, it's somehow Lapis's very complex baggage that she managed to wrap her head around and be properly sensitive and respectful towards.

I also thought it was cool that when Jasper was talking poo poo in Earthlings, Peridot didn't even hesitate for a second and wonder if she was right about anything.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

The arcade machines in the background are pretty primo goofs.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

That's what happened with The Sailor Scouts in their reality, so I'm willing to bet that's happened to the Crystal Gems too.

To be fair wasn't that JUST Sailor V who got the in-universe video games? So there's like tons of games about, I dunno, Ruby, but not even our Ruby or one we've seen but she had a cool mask.

Also Steven would main Magnus the moment he finds out the goldfish has the same name as him.

I like that the cabinet even has two moons on it so you know it's not a coincidence.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Honestly as someone who had been pretty critical of Steven Universe for a very long time, I actually really liked how Season 5 came together in the end. The "fix a broken family" stuff didn't really land with me when it came to the Diamonds, and it feels a little corny and hollow in 2019. But for the most part I was really satisfied with how things resolved, and I'm interested in seeing the Steven Universe Buu Saga