Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:
I was ambivalent about Smokey at first but it's cool that their personality gimmick is puns and cripplingly low self-esteem.

The uncomfortable look on Sardonyx's face as she worked it out was also pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
In spite of the fact that they haven't been eradicated entirely, I'm glad shipping wars aren't nearly as intense as they were a decade ago

Also, it took me like ten minutes to find the source for this lovely recolored meme, you're welcome

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER

Cobalt Zeroni posted:

I see you your collection of Gem toys and raise you my collection of actual gems.

(i don't even collect toys normally, the gently caress happened)

Aw yeah, love me some rocks

poo poo at identifying them, though. Garnet, amethyst, pearl, and Steven rose quartz, opal, ?, sugilite(?), lapis lazuli(?), peridot, jasper(?), ...iceland spar?, ?, ?, malachite, ?, ?, bismuth, snowflake obsidian, ?, ?, smoky quartz?

Tjadeth fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 16, 2016

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
I kind of like that the show starts out simple and dumb and occasionally obnoxious, because so does Steven, and that at least seems to be by design. Makes for a bigger contrast with later seasons. Harder to sell to someone if they don't know that it's going to get better, admittedly.

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
Some parts were hit or miss, but I love the giant ruined planet looming ominously over the jungle moon, which I missed the episode title for and did not realize was a moon until the colony dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
Do you think Jasper's just hanging out in the bathroom like Peridot used to