Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Motherfucker posted:

I loving hate smokey quartz.

I like smokey quartz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Lol if you don't think they wouldn't separate immediately as soon as they realize what happened.

They'd watch Camp Pining Hearts

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

I was worried for a while that Zuke quit working on the show, which would have been really loving lovely. I'm still nervous that this show's fandom is going/has gone the way of Homestuck, Undertale, and The Show That Must Not Be Named, which would really taint my enjoyment of it.

It already has, just ignore it.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

JT Jag posted:

psst

its us

we're the fandom

Yeah, and we're poo poo, point?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

OldTennisCourt posted:

Your AV makes me want Jasper to start calling Lapis Sister Nero.

I mean, she's definitely broken.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I think Lapis and Peridot are cute together.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Chibs posted:

:same:

also i think Smoky might be the best? I've decided

I'm actually not a super huge fan of any of the non-Garnet fusions tbh, they don't get enough screentime to endear themselves as characters to me. Design wise, Opal is pretty cool I guess.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I ship Percy x Pierre tbh

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The evidence is RIGHT THERE

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

Well, I'm hosed then.

edit: Come to think of it, how come gems natively speak English?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as9sEDyu76U

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Begemot posted:

Yeah I've heard similar arguments about that episode from people who were in abusive relationships. Jasper's dialogue in Alone at Sea is like almost a stereotype of an abuser trying to convince someone to come back/stay.

TBH with that episode it felt like they were beating me over the head with the metaphor a bit too much for my liking, but maybe that's just my reading of it.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I can't believe Amethyst is a loving nazi.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

imo Lapis is sympathetic but also not entirely without blame whilst Jasper is clearly a quite broken individual who could still be redeemed ok theres my hot take.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Garnet was technically born on Earth, but not necesarily in America.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

BioEnchanted posted:

Steven Universe Persona. Give us helping corrupted gems with social links, and collecting new gems to counsel as well on missions. Pokemon/Persona.

Well we're already having shipping arguments, so why not?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Imo Rivers and Pig should fight to the death.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

That's not the SU way.

They should sing sad gay songs while dancing.

To the death, agreed.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Who is BravestOfTheLamps

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

So what you're saying is post a shitton of lapidot fanart got it.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Kwyndig posted:

Yes please, most of the Lapidot I've seen is adorable.

A fine morp, if I do say so myself.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

LemonLimeTime posted:

I feel like if Amethyst had ever fused with Rose (likely, since it was a few thousand years they hung out) she wouldn't have been called Smoky Quartz. When Smoky Quartz announced her name, it seemed to be a brand new thing for Amethyst. Or maybe not, who knows, maybe I'm just a dummy.

I really hope the rest of the series has Steven at least doing separate fusions with Pearl and Garnet too. That'd really cement him as part of the team, especially with his newfound powers and strength as of late. Its seems like something he clearly wouldn't have been ready for before.

Also there's been a rumor floating around that the Crewniverse confirmed one of the crystal gems will be shattered sometime over the course of the show? This seems....iffy given this is something some yahoo could have just puked up for attention on tumblr, so I wanted to see if it had any weight from a real interview.

That both sounds like a thing that I doubt will happen and also something that if it was happening they'd keep a tight lid on.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Motherfucker posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/RcW1N

Just a reminder that fans are degenerates and you should be ashamed if you associate with them.

A lot of effort was put into this and that, at the very least, should probably be appreciated.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

*sentient gem monster attacks little girl who just teleported hundreds of miles on a beam of light*
"But how is she even lifting that sword??"

With her arms.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Jasper is going to discover wrestling and she's going to loving love it.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ages posted:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW BEACH CITY!!!

DON'T YOU DARE!

BE SOUR!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Guys, bold prediction.

I think this episode will be cute.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

You can shatter my Pink Diamond anytime, baby ;)

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Connie killed a man.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rhonne posted:

She only broke his arm! And now she's going to train him to be a killer as well.

That's what she told Steven, but she killed his rear end. The picture is a Weekend at Bernie's deal

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Test Pattern posted:

CBT is pretty great.

Heh.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Thread's eating itself again, everyone look at the lapidot fanart

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Pick posted:

Ruby is a jerk and Sapphire can do better.

Agreed, Sapphire and Ruby would be a much better pairing.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I didn't realise this was a whole lapidot subgenre.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

If they don't get the rubies back from space by the end of season 4 I'll be kinda bummed out tbh.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

If Jasper does get redeemed I wonder how they're gonna reverse her corruption without bringing up the issue of "OK now why don't you decorrupt all the other gem monsters you've been fighting?"

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I'd watch Lion 4: Now in 3D.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Hey guys wanna see my 50 page essay on how Lars is Pink Diamond?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Still maintain that when Jasper's redeemed she needs to be introduced to Beach City Underground and win literally all the belts.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Skippy McPants posted:

I think you would have a hard time getting Jasper to understand kayfabe, and how it's not okay to actually break people's spines.

Don't worry, it makes it look more realistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The most important thing concerning Future Boy Zoltron is which character forms the head?