Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

NOOOOO
ONEEEEEE
Slick as Jasper
No one's quick as Jasper
No one's neck is incredibly thick like Jasper's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Got in a little subforum jam
So they put a rifle in my hand
Sent me off to a forum land
To go and kill the NaruHina man

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Augus posted:

The meltdowns that happened when Naruto ended were pretty absurd.

If there was any solace in the shitshow of Naruto's finale, it was seeing the shipping community finally implode.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Steven Universe: Veterans of Fanfiction Wars

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The only person who seems happy in the Naruto world after the end is Choji, which is well and good.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Lee is off training someone and Guy is playing old man chess games with Kakashi, iirc

Guy is confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life because healing him is apparently beyond Nardo's power.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

When does T Pain voice the Steven/Garnet fusion.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I don't know what this "Lars" is, but is sounds disappointing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Neo_Crimson posted:

It's pretty obviously an american civil war army outfit, you guys are terrible at history.

I can't believe Amethyst was a Confederate.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Acne Rain posted:

this tumblr post speculates there's more junji ito references in the show than the kindergarten - namely draws ones for the cluster and its ghosts and Jasper's corruption. I think it's kind of a stretch but maybe there's a case for it.

When's the episode where everyone gets strapped to ghost machines powered by farts.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Lapis drowned Louisiana (or whatever the gently caress it's called in the Steven universe) again.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

After final battle, Lapis and Jasper sit on a small ice flow in the middle of the ocean:

Lapis: Is it over?
Jasper: Not until the fish jumps.

*fish jumps*

Jasper: It's over.

Cut to credits.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Jasper appears halfway through the movie to save the Crystal Gems, scoffs and says "I guess you Crystal Dorks are too weak to handle this alone?"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Robert Redford was the 40th President of America in the Steven universe.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Clint Eastwood, US ambassador to the Soviet Union, ended the USSR by winning a fistfight with Boris Yeltsin.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

MrSlam posted:

Nobody votes in the Federation. Especially Janeway's Federation. You just do what you're told if you want that food replicator to work the next time you use it.

Sweet, she's perfect to play White Diamond.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shima Honnou posted:

Think of it like this, Revolver Ocelot doesn't need to bounce bullets around and use a highly antiquated gun, he chooses to do those things because it's more challenging and there's no feeling like sliding in that long, silver bullet into a well-greased chamber in the heat of battle. Pearl is the same except with swords.

Much like Ocelot, she's also totally in love with her leader.

Basically I want Pearl to dress as a cowboy.

"At last, our mother's will is complete. Her Outer Heaven...is complete. Somewhere out there, I know she's laughing. We are beasts created by Gems. Unless the light is put out, the shadows cannot be erased. So long as there is light, erasing shadows will do no good. I am Rose's doppelganger. And you are her's. Just like your mother. You're...pretty...gay..."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Heinrich Himmler, known sharp-teeth haver.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"I'm not a crazed bowman, Garnet, I'm an assassin! ...Well, one's a job, and the other is mental sickness!"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

TwoPair posted:

an entire episode where Steven, Lapis and Peridot all binge watch Camp Pining Hearts.

Mayor Dewey, Steven, and Peridot all riff on Camp Pining Hearts

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

This is what I think of whenever Mr. Smiley shows up.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Raserys posted:

hm, I wonder if there are any other characters we know who are missing an eye.....

Big Boss retires to Beach City.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shima Honnou posted:

Bismuth is the only gem who understands how things actually work in the real world.

"The commune will not establish itself, Comrade Steven!"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pearl is your aunt who always has a glass of wine in her hand no matter the occasion.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"The workers in the automobile factories and steel mills must be liberated from their capitalist oppressors!"

"Bismuth it's 2016. There aren't any works in the automobile factories or steel mills anymore."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

RandomPauI posted:

Keep the Diamonds as imperial figureheads answerable to a Supreme Commander of the Allied Powers during the transition to a parliamentary democracy?

Garnet with a corn-cob pipe and aviators.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Today's Steven Universe moral is: Yes, it's okay to kill Hitler.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

TwoPair posted:

Lion is Ocelot, he's a triple double traitor agent who's helping the gems because he's serving the diamonds because he loves Steven, all because he's enacting Rose's true will.

Pearl is Ocelot, as most of their actions are driven by a serious desire to make out with Rose/Big Boss.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Say Nothing posted:

One of Steven's grandmothers is a cliff face on an alien planet.

This is grampa.

"The Crystal Empire doesn't even know what a phallus is, they just know that things that inject are supposed to look like it."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Raserys posted:

I can't wait for the montage of all the times Pearl has almost killed Steven

We had a gas leak that time. The silent killer.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pearl: I served White Diamond, the wisest and most powerful of the Diamonds.
Jasper: *under breath* Arguably...
Pearl: Don't make me come over there.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Eela6 posted:

Exactly. That's where the tension in the episode comes from! You can teach the lesson that it's OK if your friends don't like your niche interests, and trying to shove them down their throat often does more harm than good. Which is a lesson the kids and adults in Steven Universe fanbase could use.

Actually the lesson in that episode will be Do Not Give Games Workshop Money.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Steven's uncle is Carl.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I can't wait for Andy to buy a new car and Lapis crushes it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I can't believe that Steven masters the Gold Ratio and defeats Mayor Dewey's Love Satellite with Cookie Cat Act 4.

Bongo Bill posted:

It claims to have full episodes up, but when I attempt to load them, I see only teasers. Did they take 'em down?

I mean, obviously I'm gonna watch them as soon as I can find them. What if I got hit by a bus tomorrow, and died knowing there was Steven Universe I hadn't seen?

Apparently you can access them if you have a cable login.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Urged on by the spirit of Garnet, Steven uses the Arrow to evolve his Stand into Gold Experience Requiem. Using GER's ability to return all actions back to their 'zero' point (or some poo poo like that), Steven traps Yellow Diamond in a constant cycle of death and rebirth.

Steven is declared head of Passione.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

Didn't someone float the idea a long time ago that each of the diamonds are based off notable anime artists/styles? I can't wait for everybody to expect White Diamond to be some intense looking thing, and she ends up being Tezuka style, but still super evil

Pink Diamond is in Berserk's style.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

J.A.B.C. posted:

Imagine a Toriyama-esque villain just hanging out on a throne, back turned as her henchmen Gems talk about the 'Earth Situation'. She turns around and looks built as gently caress with that wide grin and strange armor-skin like Frieza and Cell.

"Interesting. Set a course for Earth! It's time I meet this, 'Steven'."

She'd have to be voiced by Linda Young.

"How rude..."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

You thought your first kiss was going to be Rose Quartz, but it was actually I, YELLOW DIAMOND!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm up for a White Diamond who's just straight up Freeza.