Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

thechosenone posted:

does anyone have any cute lapidot pics? I'm kinda feeling jonesin

Through the power of Tumblr search, I present the first thing I found:

I'm really coming around to this being a thing in general. Reminds me of a lot of my favorite pairings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I had the joke idea of Blue Diamond and Yellow Diamond being redeemed and living at the Pizza and Fry places, where Blue Diamond develops a crush on Ronaldo.

But then I had the much better idea of them living with Lars and Sadie and giving them advice on their relationship.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Tjadeth posted:

In spite of the fact that they haven't been eradicated entirely, I'm glad shipping wars aren't nearly as intense as they were a decade ago

I lived through the great Teen Titans and Last Airbenders ship wars a decade ago. It was pretty bad.

I like shipping, it's fun to me, and I like cute things. I don't understand anybody who feels the need to scour a work for evidence of their favorite ship, write essays about why their ship is the best, or get into really heated arguments about it though.

I just passively consume the fan content that's created. I guess it helps that I don't just pick one ship for a character and hope for it above all else. I like Lapidot and Amedot, just like I liked BBRae and BBTerra when Teen Titans was a big thing.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Skippy McPants posted:

At least with stuff like this, the fantasy couples people obsessed over consisted of characters who were all relatively the same age.

I seem to recall some of the Harry Potter shipping stuff getting deeply creepy in that regard.

I mostly just remember how the fanbase treated Snape more than anything else.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I don't mind people writing fanfics about their ships, and I've even dabbled with it a bit myself.

It does get pretty wild when people start writing fanfics that kill characters or warp them so that they don't get in the way of the author's supported pairing though.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The wrost shipping is the tarzan/treasure planet/the bad guy from ozmosis jones community:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahVKiBDMBHw

That was incredible.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Funky Valentine posted:

Steven Universe: Veterans of Fanfiction Wars

Believe it or not, but Teen Titans' ship wars still go on on Tumblr somehow.

Shipping fandoms have no chill.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

axleblaze posted:

At least they're probably all united in hating TTG to an unreasonable degree.

I hope SU gets a TTG crossover episode.

Funnily enough, TTG usually causes problems, because on one hand you have people who are happy to have all the BBRae fanservice, but then you get people who are angry about that and try to make it a moral thing about how it's an abusive ship somehow.
Then you got the usual problems that come with being the most popular ship in the fandom, since it means there's more assholes going out of their way to be dicks to people who don't like BBRae/like other ships.

Also, I'd welcome a TTG crossover since I liked the Uncle Grandpa one.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

This is the most graphic shipping post I've seen on tumblr. http://elasticitymudflap.tumblr.com/post/148751847124/a-guide

I wasn't expecting something so lewd.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm glad Sardonyx came back in a speaking role. Out of any of the fusions, she seems like the one that's most reliant on being voiced in their scenes instead of just being silent like Sugilite.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

You are like a little baby. Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1N1QwW8Yos

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think a big part of Jasper's possible redemption would be convincing her that the loyalty and respect she gives the Diamonds is a one-way street.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Spatula City posted:

hence why shipping is hosed. When I watch shows, I like rooting for romantic couplings, but only when it seems like the characters bring out the best in each other.

I think most shippers feel that way about the couples that they like.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Also, I have to say, I think treating romantic relationships in fiction in general to be things where they have to be some true love thing where each other partner utterly completes the other and eliminates their flaws completely is really boring. Ironically, I think that's a really obnoxious shipper trait where people will write up entire essays about how a couple is perfect for each other, or why this instance of two characters not being on the best terms is proof that any future relationship between them is doomed.

I really just see a couple of characters interact, think their dynamic is interesting enough, and think "Yeah, I could see this working out between them." If it ends up happening, then cool, if not, then I'm not going to be all that miffed. It really doesn't have to be any deeper than that.

Like, if Lapidot or any ship I like became a thing, and wasn't written badly, then I'll be happy with it, but it won't make or break the show for me if it never happens.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Troposphere posted:

I actually really enjoy terrible toxic
relationships in fiction

bring me the terrible dumpster fires I yearn for it

I think it can be interesting to read/watch something about a bad relationship, so long as it's not romanticized to be a good thing.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I hope they keep doing it on purpose like that just to mess with Pearl.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Maybe S is Onion's terrifying final form.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

A little something for the Grasper fans that I found

http://journemin.deviantart.com/art/Jasper-Is-Rose-AU-592476682

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

LemonLimeTime posted:

The dynamic of Onion and his Little Rascals is the same as what the Four Diamonds had, adoy.

Pink Diamond was shattered in an unfortunate roller derby accident that Rose survived. The whole Rebellion was all just a huge misunderstanding.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Shima Honnou posted:

Steven didn't kill the Rubies so don't worry about it.

All he did was send them flying forever through space where the only thing they will ever have to keep them company is the crushing oppression of their own thoughts as they slowly grow insane. But hey they ain't dead and can't die unless they happen to land on the surface of a star sometime in the next 100,000,000 years so no need for Steven to feel guilty!

They eventually stop thinking.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lars is one of my favorite characters, so I've long since stopped caring what most of the fandom thinks about characters.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Is this what the hiatus does to this thread?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Starring Ashley Burch as herself!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I have a friend who reads /x/ all the time and loves Ronaldo because of how accurately it mocks the kindnof people who post there.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Her own original pen name: Blebecca Blugar

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Immediately thought of this

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm going to be the debbie downer and say that I don't think Teen Titans Go is any good.

Star vs the Forces of Evil is good, and if tou like Star Wars then Rebels is worth checking out. Gravity Falls id also a good recent cartoon that ended with a really satisfying conclusion.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I just don't think the show is funny. I agree that the people who get really salty about it not being serious enough are a bit silly though, especially since that was a big complaint people had about the original show too.

Autism Sneaks posted:

TTG is leagues funnier than anything it's detractors have posted on a comedy forum. Roasted! :supaburn:

drat! I'm gonna feel that one in the morning, he got me... poo poo

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

RottenK posted:

wait she is training an expendable child soldier

Just shut up and do it for him

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think Pearl was projecting so hard that she forgot that Connie can't take the kind of punishment that she can.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

http://thegeekiary.com/steven-universe-returns/40358

Episode titles and summaries:

Monday, Jan. 30: “Steven’s Dream” – A strange dream prompts Steven to search for answers.
Monday, Jan. 30: “Adventures in Light Distortion” – Steven and the Gems take off on a search and recovery mission.
Tuesday, Jan. 31: “Gem Heist” – The Gems try to pull off a heist.
Wednesday, Feb. 1: “The Zoo” – Steven visits a special zoo.
Thursday, Feb. 2: “That Will Be All” – Steven and the Gems make a daring escape!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Can't believe Greg almost had a bisexual harem all to himself

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I feel like it's a 50/50 chance between that, or lashing out at Steven out of grief

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I just googled it and now I'm mad.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I noticed at the comic shop today that there was a new Steven Universe comic series, so I bought the first issue.

It was a cute little story about Steven, Lapis, and Peridot taking care of a baby bird. Nothing essential, but still fun.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

VolticSurge posted:

So,after browsing the internets for interesting/entertaining fan stuff,a blog I follow lead me to this thing. I feel like I need to see a shrink before I go and kick this :smug: jackass in the joy department.

I should have closed it when I saw the video's title, but I just had to keep going for some reason.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Leaked episodes: It'll be interesting to see how Steven deals with this situation without the gems as back up. And I hope this does get us to see Homeworld itself.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It feels good to actually be excited about this show again.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think my favorite thing about the development of Blue and Yellow Diamond is that to me at least, it really shows them in a new light as people who were consumed by grief for a dead sister they don't feel like they didn't show enough appreciation for in life.

I really hope they don't go ahead and backpedal them to being villains again.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Bongo Bill posted:

It wouldn't be backpedaling to show them as villains because they haven't stopped being villains (yet).

Well, if you want to be technical, I think it would be lame if they don't follow through with what the previews seem to be suggesting.

Mostly because I want episodes of the Diamonds interacting with Greg and the townies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

Steven: Please! You have to understand, Pink Diamond’s not dead! I’m Pink Diamond!

White Diamond: Piss off, ghost!

Steven: And there's Lion who pulls me off to different parts of Earth.

White Diamond: Oh my God, your lion pulled you off?