Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

kidcoelacanth posted:

Didn't use "sad gay, so what," thread is ruined.

this unironically

also this marathon has been absolutely exhausting, I'm kinda glad it's over, a (reasonable) hiatus until the fall would be a great way to recuperate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
shipping is okay but posting about shipping beyond "I think <ship> is cute" is dumb but it's only bad if you're bad about it (like telling people their ships are wrong [unless their ship is morally terrible e.g. abusive or rape-y]).

on that note I think amethyst and peridot are cute, and I prefer it to lapis and peridot if only because lapis and peridot reminds me of me and my roommate and we're definitely not gay for each other.

also I just saw a commercial that Steven Universe comes back to a weekly schedule, Thursdays at 7. What a country.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
my goodness bad pearl is canon life is wonderful

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Data Graham posted:

To be clear I'm not talking about the shooting stars, I'm talking about the literal half moon

has the moon ever been anything but half on the show? the stars are obviously an animation error but I can't recall ever seeing a full or crescent moon like ever.

also that episode has reminded me to online date again since it's super fun getting people's phone numbers.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Data Graham posted:

True, I mean they were trying to do that, but the above clip is being extraordinarily accurate with the sequence and timing and placement and the SU segment is just kind of making a weird approximation (and "spinning the car to a stop behind a billboard" isn't a situation where you would be downshifting, with a rev-match or otherwise).

as someone who learned how to drive with a manual transmission, you are right and it looked clunky and weird, but who cares, the kids of today will hopefully never know the pain of manual and then years from now when they show their grandkids this episode the grandkids will ask why there are pedals at all, where's the computer driving the car for us.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Shima Honnou posted:

Coincidentally it's also a pretty good way to meet women with pink hair, definitely more convenient than hanging around Dunkin' Donuts waiting for one to walk in.

hardly coincidentally, my first okcupid match after being away for a few months is someone with green hair and a nose ring.

"why would she want to do that?" - pearl and also kinda me but whatever life is a rich tapestry.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I just rewatched the episode and the moon not only has stars shining through it but in the scene where they're walking from the car to the show the moon teleports twice then disappears.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Every other time this has happened the footage has leaked, so if you want to avoid spoilers and aren't able to go to New York you might want to avoid Reddit/Tumblr/whatever on October 8.
/this thread/any youtube videos even tangentially related to the show.

also I just noticed that a long time ago in "It Would Have Been Great" Peridot mentions that the cluster's insertion point was in the Beta kindergarten, focusing on the American southwest, and says how small and janxy it was compare to Amethyst's. Neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I mean.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohs_scale_of_mineral_hardness