Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Just ignore the fandom. Fandoms are always poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

OB_Juan posted:

Just ignore the fandom. Fandoms are always poo poo.

JT Jag posted:

psst

its us

we're the fandom

Junpei Hyde posted:

Yeah, and we're poo poo, point?

Yes, this, exactly.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MSyxDTAUDc

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Stargate had this multiple timeline thing worked in one quote: "Ours is the only reality of consequence."

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Aug 21, 2016

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Stevonnie should fight Garnet for practice. Maybe sing another song while fighting. I think it would be a good fight scene.

Also, a song where Pearl has the HoloPearls as backup dancers.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
My bet is that Jasper runs off almost immediately after debubbling, self-actualizes, becomes Post-Namek Vegita.

- Spends outrageous amounts of time training.
- Makes grandiose entrances to bail the group out a/o get owned when Homeworld types show up to start trouble.
- Continues to seek the approval/admiration/fear of the CG's.
- Eventually makes up with Lapis.
- Continues to call Steven Rose.
- Calls Sevonnie Rose as well.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Here's something it's that's totally work safe and not horrifically sexualized Lapis Lazuli merchandise. http://bad-dragon.com/products/wavebreaker

Pro click. Not the material I expected.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Coral, and she has water powers and brightly-colored swords. has to stay in the house.

Slightly fixed.

I think any Connie fusions will also include Steven, although I don't think there will be many/any of them other than Stevonnie.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Team Four Star does a good thing from time to time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33vhF-cPTec

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Chaos reigns?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Peace among worlds.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

axleblaze posted:

Also, sorry Pick, after this airs I'm gonna have to change the topic title to "That's Why You Were Acting Like Such a Goon!"

It's almost mandatory, really.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

MrSlam posted:

Spoilertagging everything activates that part of your brain that doesn't want to see something disturbing and gross but forces you to click it anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbqO28Enk_k

That's like the third time that's gotten me.

Spoilers are just a cheap trick to make poo poo posts stronger.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

Nah, Kimberly Brooks has a voice made for metal.

Also whoa I didn't realize she voiced Ashley in Mass Effect. (Probably because I always left her to die on Virmire.)

And rolled with Kaiden? Does he continue to complain all game?

Also, I think she voices Princess Allura in the new netfilx Voltron show. Which is good, but not really gay/sad.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

Wouldn't know, was too busy using Wrex or Tali and Garrus for every mission to pay attention.

Checks out.

Philip Rivers posted:

Good thread title :golfclap:

Yay!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I don't have the full opening, but here's a preview of the new story arc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiXhPIhaoHw

Pro click.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Cavelcade posted:

Why didn't you call him a scrunt?

Why?

If we're talking scrunts, would rubies be the scrunts of the Homeworld caste system, or would it be all organic life?

Is Steven a scrunt?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

T-man posted:

Imagine you saw on the news that a rouge general, sent to colonize a far away land, revolted and decided to sew a local animal onto her body, demanding that everyone treat her like that animal, and also killed the local governor.

That animal is basically Steven.

Scrunt Universe confirmed.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
The episode list made cutting jarring horror a priority, and so fails on all levels.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Junpei Hyde posted:

Someone near and dear to us has tragically passed away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNsuTOh6MhE

The comments refer to Pearl's new cousin as Punk Diamond. How did we miss that name?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj1iFepz9Lw

Don't forget the other part of that.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

EasyEW posted:

"One foot wet, one foot dry" has to apply here. :colbert:

The Gems would seem to have lived in the area currently the United States since before the United States existed, so depending on the naturalization laws in Delmarva just after the revolution, maybe they are citizens?

On the other hand, it seems unlikely they would care or put any effort into becoming citizens, so, who knows (or cares)?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Only thing I'm going to post about the LEAKS: Holy poo poo Pearl twisting the knife on Agate. Brutal.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

J.A.B.C. posted:

Imagine a Toriyama-esque villain just hanging out on a throne, back turned as her henchmen Gems talk about the 'Earth Situation'. She turns around and looks built as gently caress with that wide grin and strange armor-skin like Frieza and Cell.

"Interesting. Set a course for Earth! It's time I meet this, 'Steven'."

I'd watch this show. Twice if the henchmen are the Gemyu Force

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Capfalcon posted:

Tiny, super insignificant spoiler, but might ruin a great joke:

Greg hustling Steven out of the Korean animation studio might be my favorite gag in the show.

Weren't they animating an episode of SU in there?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Mr.Radar posted:

That's my theory as well.

If the rest of the show is a super-sized version of what we've seen so far, with Steven helping the Diamonds getting over stuff, that will be both weird and maybe cool. I'm inclined to think that would work out as entertaining, given that the show's been so good so far.

I do wonder if that makes the end "everyone, including the Diamonds have to work together to help/solve the Cluster" the ultimate ending. It would be an appropriate end, especially if the last episode is an 11 minute song that sorts it all out.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

chitoryu12 posted:

This makes me hope more that Steven defeating the Diamonds through something other than violence is how he manages to succeed. He has a unique insight into their emotional vulnerabilities and a reason to view them as complex beings who might not necessarily be totally evil, rather than the Crystal Gems' idea of them as almost forces of nature in their terrifying power.

At that point, it's not even defeating, it's helping. A Cultural Victory for SU if ever there's been one.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

The Bee posted:

I think the bubble color reflects the authority of the gem who performed the bubbling. The Crystal Gems bubble pink because their leader is tied to Rose. Peridot, who served under Yellow Diamond, bubbles yellow.

Peridot's are green, Pearl's are whitish-blue, Garnet's are a little darker than Steven's. I think they reflect the bubbling gems' colors.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

MrSlam posted:

A). "What's the point in feeling blue?"
or
B). "What's the point in feeling, Blue?"

Both.

BioEnchanted posted:

I've realised that Pearls have a very unique position on Homeworld - They are the only ones who get to see their leaders vulnerable. They are the only ones who truly know the Diamonds on a personal level. No other gems are ever allowed to see them vulnerable. This implies that due to their servile nature, they are the only gems Diamonds truly trust besides each other. If the Pearls are ever able to pluck up the courage to speak their minds, likely due to overexposure to earth, interesting things may happen.

That seems to have happened already, approximately 5000 yr before the show started.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
While the gems would be similar to Chaos in that they rebelled (and tore Gem society apart in doing so), they aren't particularly chaos-y.

If anything, Amethyst is a scrunt.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Eela6 posted:

I really hope we do get a Connie, Lapis, & Peridot episode. It's fun when the writers get to step out of the restriction of 'every episode takes place from Steven's perspective'. I assume, if it happens, the framing narrative will be Connie excitedly telling Steven all about it, with Peridot interrupting to try and make it all about her. Extra points if they do a take on the intro for it.

"That's why the people of the world believe in:
Lapis, Peridot, Peridot, and Connie!"

I'm hoping for a full-on Rashomon episode.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Which one are you talking about? Both shows have been on a continuity kick lately.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
New episode today? Has it leaked yet?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Augus posted:

uh she's pretty clearly Wammu going AWAKEN, MY CLODS!

It's this.

Although, I think Peridot/Jasper/Lapis would be the actual SU pillarmen. Connie would be Speedwagon maybe?

I guess Steven and Greg could be the old and young Jojos.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
What's going on with Sadie's arm in that picture?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Tupperwarez posted:

No matter what they do, I'm just hoping that one of the Crewniverse is a GIANT mark, and this episode is their time to shine. "IT WAS ME, STEVEN! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!"

Now I'm going to be sad if this doesn't happen.

CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE GEMS ARE COOKING?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Blasphemeral posted:

ROFL, yeah! What's this originally from, again? Was it a Star Wars quack theory?

http://biggerluke.wikidot.com/

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
My guess would be either their organic creators, or whoever their creators were at war with.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Tupperwarez posted:

Oh god, what if he just constantly JoJo poses while trying to impersonate a Gem to get into the temple?

This would be pretty great. Even better if one of the Gems gets into it, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
That's yellow pearl, right?