Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Super pumped for Stevonnie training!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I understand it's not easy to schedule Nikki Minaj but I really hope they come up with a reason to bring back Sugalite for more than an silent cameo at least once. I want them to have to fight something that requires Sugilite's size, weapon and recklessness. Her design is too cool to be used as little as it has

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Begemot posted:

Clearly all of the Steven-gem fusions are going to be Kirby weapons. Fusing with Amethyst makes yoyo, with Pearl makes umbrella, and with Garnet makes SUPLEX.

It would actually be amazing if this ended up being the case

Though I think with Pearl she'll pull out her spear, attach the shield to the top and form a microphone and do the shouty microphone powerup

edit:

http://redkatherinee.tumblr.com/post/148838135509/d

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Aug 13, 2016

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Steven Universe update: The Answer is still a really cute episode. I love that cool collected Garnet is half Ruby.

It Could've Been Great is also like top 5 episodes for me I think

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

BioEnchanted posted:

I liked the (new leak) tease for the new location

That new location looks like one of those crab walker throne things they showed Blue Diamond in during The Answer. Perhaps it belonged to Pink Diamond once upon a time?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

PicklePants posted:

They showed this last night, before it switched over to Adult Swim.

Pretty drat neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B82DvhHxNdM

Everyone in this video is singing this song just slightly slower than it's supposed to be and it's driving me crazy

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Guys it's an avatar on an online forum. It's not that big of a deal if you guys have the same one

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Shima Honnou posted:

Speaking of I just wanna say I appreciate your good av and have for, like, years.

Oh well thanks :shobon:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I also don't think their weapon would be a yo-yo. The drawing is good tho

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

LemonLimeTime posted:

Also there's been a rumor floating around that the Crewniverse confirmed one of the crystal gems will be shattered sometime over the course of the show? This seems....iffy given this is something some yahoo could have just puked up for attention on tumblr, so I wanted to see if it had any weight from a real interview.

myself from the last thread posted:

Let me go ahead and spoil it for you and put your mind at ease then: Garnet is never dying. Sapphire is never dying. Neither is Ruby, Amethyst, Pearl, Steven, Connie, Greg, Peridot or Lapis. None of these characters are in any danger of dying at any point in the series

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I think it would make Connie being so good at the sword and ability to fuse with Steven far less interesting if it was because of Steven's healing spit. Connie is just badass and is good with the sword.

Still waiting for the Greg/Steven fusion

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I loved that Stevonnie's flutter jump the first time worked exactly like Yoshi in Yoshi's Island. Right down to the face she's making

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Stevonnie... Remember... Who you are...

When Homeworld turns its back on you, you turn your back on Homewold!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Eela6 posted:

Yet another Yoshi's island nod with Stevonnie's flutter-jump. Someone on the staff really loves them some Yoshi's island.

Yoshi's Island is the best game ever made so that makes sense

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Eela6 posted:

I like Yoshi's Island and all but let's not be crazy here. Yoshi's Island is no Super Mario World. :c00lbert:

I know (it's better)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

DeafNote posted:

Aivisura's soundcloud just updated with a bunch of music from the summer of steven

https://soundcloud.com/aivisura/sets/steven-universe-summer-of

most episodes get one track (some get nothing, oh well)
But Bismuth gets a lot of focus, which I had hoped for

https://soundcloud.com/aivisura/steven-universe-smoky-quartz?in=aivisura/sets/steven-universe-summer-of

Finally!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

That episode was amazing holy poo poo.

It was also really gay.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

misadventurous posted:

I simply adored this episode. The only awkward bit was that it required Steven to narrate the entire thing -- it was almost a Zach Callison-only ep (excluding a whistle, a few nonsense lines from Onion, and GARBANZO!) and having essentially only one voice for most of a cartoon's runtime can't help but seem jarringly one-note. Still insanely charming and sweet, though. That last scene!! Strong Onions also cry...

It's a shame so many people seem let down by the low-key Beach City stories, that slice-of-life quality is an hugely underrated part of what makes this show so special.

The episode was cute, but almost everything Steven said was in the form of a question. What are we doing with these? A race? You want me to smash the bug? What is that? A go kart? Is that safe? etc. It actually kind of drove me a bit crazy and took me a out of the episode.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

That video chat short is incredible

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Steven fusing with humans is cool actually and Stevonnie kicks rear end and when him and Greg fuse it'll kick rear end

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Milky Moor posted:

The show actually has dropped significantly in quality but good luck getting this thread to recognise it.

What if... and get ready to have your mind loving BLOWN... I DON'T think the show has dropped in quality?

:aaa:

:aaaaa:

:psyboom:

Infinitum posted:

It is except for a theory I have accepted as headcannon until it gets verified

Wellp I'm fully on board with this, just like the shield thing

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 1, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

IUG posted:

Onion Friends. The episode where Steven narrates his actions and how gullible he is, for the entire episode. That's almost as bad as the Uncle Grandpa episode.

While I liked that episode, the narration always being in the form of a question drove me a little insane by the end of that episode.

Show still great though, eat my shorts losers

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

:lol: If you hate Lars boy is the ending of the bomb going to be bittersweet for you :v:

Still finally going to see Homeworld. And I really want Peridot to interact with Aquamarine oh my god

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I mean, the technology she was using to defeat the Crystal Gems was way more advanced than what they were used to. The Crystal Gems are probably pretty outclassed now by the Homeworld gems at this point

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

nerdman42 posted:

Getting the townies directly involved with the main plot is something that's been a long time coming and I'm glad to see it start to come to fruition

I mean I was pretty :aaa: at the callback. I wonder if they planned this ahead of time or if they built the current story around that moment.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I mean all of you that hate Lars better prepare yourself for the Steven/Lars fusion because you know that's gonna happen now

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

This needs more attention btw

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Counterpoint: They are good characters. Also so are Jasper and Peridot. All the characters are good

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Can Lauren Zuke storyboard every episode. Her and Joe Johnston. Those two probably draw everyone the best IMO

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Aquamarine is good and Topaz is good and the show is good and Lars is good and anyone who says otherwise is wrong, namaste

edit: and season 4 is not "going to be remembered as when the show got very shaky for a bit" lol

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Uncle Grandpa is one of those things I just don't get, at all. Nothing about it is funny. It's the only episode of Steven Universe I can say that I don't like.

Update me when Rick and Morty crossover with Steven Universe

edit: y-yyy-you gotta turn into a giant woman Morty!!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Bring back Sugalite

:same:

edit: With speaking role

edit: In an episode with storyboard artists I like

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Sadie is more annoying than Lars

Nuebot posted:

Depends on whether or not each of the four parts has opening and closing credits, really. But yes going from "An hour long special!" to "Actually just four back to back episodes" is a bit of a change.

It's really not. It's the same amount of time

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Lars is gonna meet a gem that looks like Sadie and fall in love with her (but not regular Sadie)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Also: Ashley Burch! :swoon:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Bongo Bill posted:

Whom did she play?

She was the uhhh conjoined twin gem. Whatever her name was

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I seriously doubt any of the gems introduced in these episodes will come back as anything more than background characters-and why would they?

I want Rutile to come back just because I'm a big fan of Ashlely Burch so I'm totally on board with her being in more episodes. I'd be okay with never seeing that loving caterpillar grandma fusion ever again though jesus christ.

I figured Padparadscha's joke wouldn't work but it made me laugh out loud every time they did it.

Also I'm always a fan of the townie episodes and will usually defend them, but it'd actually pretty unsatisfying now if they go back to doing episodes where like Steven and Connie are like going to the arcade or Steven is helping Sour Cream make a mixtape or something. At least not while Lars is stuck on Homeworld. I would never be able to watch episodes like that and not be like STOP FUCKIN AROUND

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Lion attacked Pink Diamond, crunched down really hard on the gem shattering it and then Lion choked to death on the shards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Junpei Hyde posted:

Am I missing what makes fluorite so repulsive or are people just being real creepy again.

Was she the caterpillar grandma? It so I just can't stand her design and dumb slow talking and I hope we never see her again. I hope the diamonds find her but not the others