Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

nerdbot posted:

I felt bad until I read her tweets and now I'm just with her on this.

Artists have this weird thing going on where social media was like your comfortable space with your friends and then people started following you because of your work and pouring through all your conversations and every tweet you made in 2012 because you made or are involved in a popular piece of media. Then suddenly your private social space is also a performance you're unwittingly putting on for thousands of people who convinced themselves they are your personal acquaintance because they followed you on Twitter for 2 months.

Even if your heart is in the right place about it you can still contribute to this sort of thing. I see folks begging for her to come back to Twitter and they are in a sense part of the problem, because that's still expecting something of her or acting like she owes them her presence on Twitter. I don't feel like she was bullied or scared off, I feel more like she just checked out. I'm projecting a little though, I can't speak for her.

All of this said god what the gently caress though, of all the things to get mad about? Lapis and Peridot??? What the gently caress teenagers.

Fans are legit the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU