Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

- Mr. Pharisee, recruiting agent for Patterson, Lilith and Sloane

New York City is immense, my friend. At last estimate, eight and a half million souls. Each of them has their own problems, their own triumphs. You should know that before you sign anything. Nothing you get will be your perfect deal. You have to look out for yourself. Know what you want. And know how to hide. I won’t pretend there won’t be danger. The competition is fierce out there...and we all know that the Enemy is always watching for us. But I can assure you...you will find no better chance than the one I’m offering you at Patterson, Lilith and Sloane. We will train you for the duration of your contract. We will provide you with prime clientele for when you need to get one of those eight and a half million fresh starts. But we need you to do work for us, too...

-Tritone, negotiator for the Collectors

Hey. I’ll talk straight with you. No one’s going to offer you a straight deal. I’m not. They won’t. The Machine drat sure won’t. But then, you won’t play fair with me, either, will you? We both know that. So don’t you gently caress me, I won’t gently caress you, got it? Anyway...there’s four agencies you can mostly deal with. I’m here to poach you - said I’d talk straight, right? We all do it. I know you’ve talked with PLS. Arrogant bitches, huh? They don’t get down to street level often. I mean, they got some, but none up top. And there’s Tenth Street and Zero-Sec, but they’re batshit, you know? I’m with the Collectors. Us, we know what you go through. Now, let me tell you about the signing bonus…

- the Blue Man, Tenth Street administrator

I know everyone else is giving you offers. Pick what you want. But let me make this clear: no matter who you pick, everyone’s willing to do what they need to do. You find something dangerous, you better watch your step. Trust me when I say this: you don’t want to overstep. I got where I am because I knew what was dangerous enough to use and what was too dangerous to even know. You better learn the same. Otherwise, we might be meeting again. You don’t want that.

- Miss Thirteen, Zero-Sec agent

I’m the last, right? Yeah, figured. Let me give you the best advice, then: it doesn’t matter who you sign on with. Take it from me. Any of the four Agencies will get you what you need, will have you doing dangerous stuff. And at ground level, where we are? It all looks the same. Sure, the top guys at PLS like Wall Street, the Collectors are big on the rap industry, Tenth Street has cops, and my Zero-Sec buddies like to hang out in the school systems. But we’re all everywhere. Gangs, cops, bankers, hackers, students...don’t believe the image they give. Your boss could be working for anyone, and you wouldn’t know. Just get good deals on what you need and question everything. I think I’m Zero-Sec, but tomorrow, I could be wrong if my boss gets the right offer. Or I do. No one’s really concerned about disloyalty - as long as you stay bought until your contract expires. Oh - and more thing. God knows how to write contracts, too. ABC, my friends: always be careful.

- Hazer 05 Aleph, Angel

The God-Machine and the four major Agencies of Manhattan are dancing a complex game. Manhattan is a Tempter’s playground, and all four of the Agencies are primarily interested in gaining power over each other and comfort for their leadership...along with the agents that are working for them day by day. The Agencies sign rings to short-term contracts, for the most part, operating primarily via ‘bosses’ - handlers that have made enough power for themselves to negotiate with the administrators directly. It’s safer that way, usually. Still, handlers and rings and even the Agencies never really trust each other. The Machine has taken advantage of the fluid and relatively anonymous nature of the Manhattan demonic society before - it doesn’t need to actually suborn a full Agency if it can suborn a handler or even just fool them. Casual distrust but relative friendliness is the order of the day - at least openly. Behind closed doors, things can be quite vicious, especially between those few who are high enough up to permanently sign on to an Agency’s staff.

The PCs will be a ring - they know and trust each other already. They have a handler, Mister Temple, who currently claims to be a freelancer - between Agency gigs, until he and the ring decide on a contract to take.

There are other supernaturals in New York. You may end up meeting or rubbing shoulders with them; for the most part, interactions are either brief or unclear. The occult underground is full of weird poo poo of all kinds. There's a substantial number of demons around - enough to support four Agencies even with the mess of temp agents that do most of the work for them - because it's easily the second largest city on the planet.

Resources is not a merit that exists. Instead, if you require it, there will be a Filthy Rich merit provided on request.
Small-Framed is not a merit, either. You can take its effects for free if you want; I don’t suggest it, because it is bad.
Cover will be working slightly differently - I’ll get a post explaining how up later, once I collate all the house rules, but the main thing is: it will be slightly harder to lose full dots of Cover, but easier to gain more interesting Conditions from Cover checks, and compromise checks for partial transformation will not be quite so free.

When you write up your character here, in addition to answering the five Cover questions, please tell me: what have you learned that’s dangerous to know, and why is it dangerous for you?

Other house rules will happen as and when I decide they are needed. If you need to talk to me about anything at all, you can contact me in thread, by PM or in #persona on SynIRC. I will be accepting five players, and apps will close sometime around the 21st of August, probably.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Aug 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Don't worry about being new to the game - if you need help, I'm on IRC a lot and if I'm not, other folks in #persona can help you out, probably.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Extending the recruit to the 23rd (Tuesday), by request.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Soonmot posted:

I am shocked this didn't get more love. I just apped for promethean, but I can swing this too. I might need until Wednesday. I would have made a character way sooner!!

Wednesday's fine.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Picks will go up in the morning.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

This was not an easy decision, and I loved all of the characters that got posted. They were amazing, and I had to make some very, very tough choices here. I couldn't even cut down to the number I originally wanted - we're going with six people, not five. The ring is:

I Am Just a Box - Snow
MollyMetroid - Curie
Wahad - Mr. Mot
ProfessorCirno - Mr. Sparks
megane - Salt
Donut Ouroboros - The Erel

Thread will go up soon; in the meantime, tell me what you think about each other.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Stage select.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

For most of this stuff, I'll go with once per two pages (or per scene, if once scene takes up the bulk of two pages). Cipher (and just Cipher) will be once per three. If this doesn't work out, I'll revisit it.

• Locked thread