Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best dog race
Lab
Bulldog
Retreiver
German shepherd
Beagle
Poodle
Collie
Yorkie
Boxer
Rott
Dash
poo poo on sue
Chiwawa (?!)
Husky
Cat
Spaniel
Pug
Bull terrier
Great dane
Doobieman
Sheepdog
Eddie from Fraser
Corgi
Whatever lassie is
Other pls state
View Results

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Ratjaculation posted:

they slaughtered and ate him in the finale, live on telly

kelsey grammer got a emmy for it

no he woke up at the end, it was just a dream

RatHat posted:

Original Eddie died, then was replaced by his son. I think the son is dead at this point too though.

pfft :rolleyes:

dog actors have a long illustrious career because they're practically celebrities. Nice try

next thing you'll tell me that the original Rin Tin Tin died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I'd imagine wishbone is dead at this point too. I used to love wishbone as a kid, then i noticed his donger always flopping about and I couldn't unsee it so I had to stop watching.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Microwaves Mom posted:

I'd imagine wishbone is dead at this point too. I used to love wishbone as a kid, then i noticed his donger always flopping about and I couldn't unsee it so I had to stop watching.

I swear to God I remember a thread from GBS before i even registered about the original wishbone dying

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

hemophilia posted:

I swear to God I remember a thread from GBS before i even registered about the original wishbone dying

They died in 2010 apparently.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Khazar-khum posted:

The average dog's IQ falls somewhere between 70-80. We know this because of a variety of tests and studies done over the years to try and understand how people learn. Dogs make the same kinds of connections that humans make, unlike primates. That's because we've co-evolved with them. It's a true symbiotic relationship. The very smartest dogs, Border Collies and Poodles, have an average IQ just like people.

lol

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
duh, of course border collies are like people, why do you think they're so loving mental? every single border collie's eyes scream "HELP I'M A HUMAN TRAPPED IN A DOG'S BODY"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

poodles are supposed to be pretty easy to train. there's a youtube cooking channel with a poodle who doesn't eat the ingredients while the food is being prepared in front of him and i've been wondering how much he had to be trained to resist

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

The only good dog...

...is a dead dog.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Y-Hat posted:

shiba inus are expensive as hell

btw did anyone suggest basset hounds yet? this basset is cooler than any of you

I did but posting one of the too many photos on our phones of our hounds was beyond me at the time so I thank you for this very cool hound.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Tiberius Thyben posted:

The only good dog...

...is a dead dog.
get hosed

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ratjaculation posted:

This fella comes to see me at work, he sits in his box on the back of a quad bike looking stoned as gently caress

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
its basset hound OP nice work not including that one in the poll u idiot!!!!!

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
this is a pretty good dog

not sure its a dog i think its a dog

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
all.dogs are good dogs I bet, even pit bulls that eat toddles and pugs droppin eyeballs all over

I like how angry pugs make big old dorks on the web 🙃 lil inbred Chinese loafs that are sidekicks and best friends/confidantes are cool irrespective of snores and bug eyes (one might argue that bug eyes and snores and powerful sneezes that force eyeballs right out of heads is actually very good... and one would be correctamundo)

having a pug is like having a retarded kid, basically but better because it's all the awesome things about having a retarded kid with zero of the drawbacks. You get entertained by foolishness and absurdity, but you don't have to buy fifty boxes of capn crunch a day because your downs kid throws a tantrum and ragepunches you bloody when you put real food in front of them. You get to show them affection and get spastic jerky limb movements and body motions and hilarious grossout childhood fart humor noises in return, but you never have to hose an alphabet of smeared poo poo off your bathroom wall

Only a turbofucker who eats their own pubes and hates themselves for it would actually go to forums.somethingawful.com and write an unkind word about a miniature furry retard baby sidekick that shows you love and friendship in exchange for a few sneezes in the face and generally keeping their teeth clean and eyeballs free of guk

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i lived near a pitbull when i first moved to brooklyn. if you consider licks to be deadly then she tried killing me with them every time i saw her

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Y-Hat posted:

i lived near a pitbull when i first moved to brooklyn. if you consider licks to be deadly then she tried killing me with them every time i saw her

She was tasting you for children, if she tasted kid on you she would have followed you home to feast on a toddle

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
I had a rescue Catahoula for a while, she was the best dog.

She died after about a year from immune mediated thrombocytopenia and Im still really sad about it

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

my grandma sent me this op, when she was still above ground

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

also this too

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Gatekeeper posted:

all.dogs are good dogs I bet, even pit bulls that eat toddles and pugs droppin eyeballs all over

I like how angry pugs make big old dorks on the web 🙃 lil inbred Chinese loafs that are sidekicks and best friends/confidantes are cool irrespective of snores and bug eyes (one might argue that bug eyes and snores and powerful sneezes that force eyeballs right out of heads is actually very good... and one would be correctamundo)

having a pug is like having a retarded kid, basically but better because it's all the awesome things about having a retarded kid with zero of the drawbacks. You get entertained by foolishness and absurdity, but you don't have to buy fifty boxes of capn crunch a day because your downs kid throws a tantrum and ragepunches you bloody when you put real food in front of them. You get to show them affection and get spastic jerky limb movements and body motions and hilarious grossout childhood fart humor noises in return, but you never have to hose an alphabet of smeared poo poo off your bathroom wall

Only a turbofucker who eats their own pubes and hates themselves for it would actually go to forums.somethingawful.com and write an unkind word about a miniature furry retard baby sidekick that shows you love and friendship in exchange for a few sneezes in the face and generally keeping their teeth clean and eyeballs free of guk

Counterpoint: pugs are terrible and you have some very strange fetishes.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Gatekeeper posted:

She was tasting you for children, if she tasted kid on you she would have followed you home to feast on a toddle
the parents had a baby girl a couple months after i moved and she's still alive

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Mutt. Genetic diversity is key and so is rescuing an animal instead of funneling money into a destructive industry. Namaste.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Seizure Robot posted:

Mutt. Genetic diversity is key and so is rescuing an animal instead of funneling money into a destructive industry. Namaste.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
Great dane or ridgeback.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Tiberius Thyben posted:

The only good dog...

...is a dead dog.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

you should be lol'ing at the fact that the average person is stupider than the smartest dog :chloe:

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I would give this dog so much love he would start to worry I was about to go all Morally Inept on him. I wouldn't though it would be strictly platonic. My last dog was a long haired dachshund + some sort of big dog, we were guessing german shepard, and she looked really goofy but in almost the complete opposite way this one does and I loved her to death. Thanks for reminding me she died of cancer rear end in a top hat

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

That's some Lovecraftian horror there.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Probably just a regular style dog. Pointy face, ears floppy or not, good tail. A strong dog you could name Rusty and have childhood memories about.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Seizure Robot posted:

Mutt. Genetic diversity is key

Hmm yes it sure is a good thing for diversity that every other dog in USA is a puppymilled shelter pitbull because anyone spending the money on a purebred with papers will get named and shamed,
meanwhile joe sixpack down the street keeps making GBS threads out more retarded baby eaters without anyone caring :downs: :woof:

Not that there's anything wrong with rescuing, but I wish more places had laws against selling puppies in pet stores to avoid idiots impulse buying an animal they are completely unprepared for, and more surprise inspections to shut down rear end in a top hat breeders that abuse their dogs.

Also if you give someone a dog as a surprise gift you're a horrible person. You don't gift anyone a 10+ year commitment.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Omg I want the happy Mop Dog along with the Farmer Dog from earlier.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
It's been proven that when dogs look ashamed, like do the thing with the paw over the face, or other kind of "I hosed up. I am a bad dog." sort of thing, they're not actually feeling any guilt or shame, they're just exhibiting those behaviors because they've learned that when they look sufficiently pathetic, humans often get less angry at them. They're con artists trying to pull the adorable lever and well aware of it.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Seizure Robot posted:

I would give this dog so much love he would start to worry I was about to go all Morally Inept on him. I wouldn't though it would be strictly platonic. My last dog was a long haired dachshund + some sort of big dog, we were guessing german shepard, and she looked really goofy but in almost the complete opposite way this one does and I loved her to death. Thanks for reminding me she died of cancer rear end in a top hat

My condolences. Cancer rear end in a top hat is a bad way to go :(

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Seizure Robot posted:

Don't worry! The same fate awaits humans and animals. We're all going to die. We all have the same breath. Humans have no advantage over the animals. We're all going to the same place. We all come from dust, and to dust we will return. :cheers:

Vjesci
Jan 1, 2008
Comfortably Numb
Another vote for Greyhounds here. I have 2 ex racers and they are fantastic pets.

Very gentle, quiet nature but still like to play.

Don't need huge amounts of exercise, a 20 minute walk or 10 minutes chasing a ball in the backyard and they'll sleep for the rest of the day.

Only issues I can think of:

Very thin skin so any cuts or nicks will bleed heavily.
They have a long colon so they fart a lot. :)

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
Italian Spinone, peep the goatee

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

The Bananana posted:

I'll fuckin' kill you

lol classic nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
All dogs are the best dogs, and no dog is inferior. All hail dog, our master race!

• Locked thread