Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

reallivedinosaur posted:

cartoons are for babies

People who worry about what is for babies, are babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Cool when I have a 3 year old I'm sure s/he'll enjoy it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Microwaves Mom posted:

Cool when I have a 3 year old I'm sure s/he'll enjoy it.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha....

AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA.

AAAAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!

Yes, they will.

Time is a flat circle.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

symbolic posted:

i only know the theme song and it's good so i guess the show is good by extension

not even the undertale people watch this show. It really is for kids.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

VendaGoat posted:

An opinion of someone whom can not understand the appeal of a genre that has buoyed a show like The Simpsons for nigh of 30 loving years.

Suck
My
Dick
You
Fuckman.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Gravity Falls \

more like grabba dee balls

seriously i love this show.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Disney gonna absorb all the Feds liability since they bankrupt and failing as a company anyways.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I don't own a tv

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
the simpsons loving bloews

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
It's a good show

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Pulled from another thread but I feel it pertains to this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VZC3suTGZg

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
I'm pretty :2bong: so I might watch the 2nd episode later. The gnomes were pretty stupid yet funny and watching it not knowing poo poo about it and hearing K.Schalls voice made me laugh more does it get better or am I wasti g my life?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
If it's of any worth to you, Vendagoat, this thread has convinced me to go and watch a few episodes. Will report back on my findings/horrifying revelations of how awful children's programming has gotten.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Pudding Huxtable posted:

I'm pretty :2bong: so I might watch the 2nd episode later. The gnomes were pretty stupid yet funny and watching it not knowing poo poo about it and hearing K.Schalls voice made me laugh more does it get better or am I wasti g my life?

It's not that long of a series, so even if you don't like it, it's not that much out of your life to watch it and then get to post how terrible it is, on the interwebs.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ChickenHeart posted:

If it's of any worth to you, Vendagoat, this thread has convinced me to go and watch a few episodes. Will report back on my findings/horrifying revelations of how awful children's programming has gotten.

See previous post.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
It's no Fairly Oddparents, but it's ok.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
The gently caress is fairy goodpants

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I like how the characters in the Disney shows are usually completely dismissive of the human condition for small personal gains and self-aggrandizement, but with a looming sense of trite inadequacy despite the temporary displacement of self-loathing for a momentary boost of self worth and relative pecking order status. lovely.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I like how the characters in the Disney shows are usually completely dismissive of the human condition for small personal gains and self-aggrandizement, but with a looming sense of trite inadequacy despite the temporary displacement of self-loathing for a momentary boost of self worth and relative pecking order status. lovely.

To translate.

You like the fact that the cartoons dismiss the fact they are "bound to the world" and at the same time delight in the fact that they "eschew the normalcy for the sake of the furtherment of the plot".

Well, I'm glad you enjoy the show and I hope to hear how you enjoy it.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VendaGoat posted:

To translate.

You like the fact that the cartoons dismiss the fact they are "bound to the world" and at the same time delight in the fact that they "eschew the normalcy for the sake of the furtherment of the plot".

Well, I'm glad you enjoy the show and I hope to hear how you enjoy it.

I mean dude their p lovely actors most of the time so my suspension of disbelief is a tad eschew. :shrug:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

I mean dude their p lovely actors most of the time so my suspension of disbelief is a tad eschew. :shrug:

Acting does not come into play in an animated format. :confused:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VendaGoat posted:

Acting does not come into play in an animated format. :confused:

Omg "voice actors" :airquote:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Omg "voice actors" :airquote:

Determined by animators......

One follows the other... petard. :v:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VendaGoat posted:

Determined by animators......

One follows the other... petard. :v:

Well they gotta pull their weight because I mean poo poo, have you looked at their poo poo animation? gently caress nuance it's like some mentally retarded blobs nowadays. Not like when they used to whip slaves to do 30 fps cell animation.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Grunkle's items lost in the portal come out of one of the portals Rick opens in the episode where he's framed for rickocide

Shows good

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

The Protagonist posted:

Grunkle's items lost in the portal come out of one of the portals Rick opens in the episode where he's framed for rickocide

Shows good

Justin Roiland (voice of Rick and Morty) plays the time traveler in the episode where Mabel gets Waddles at the fair

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Well they gotta pull their weight because I mean poo poo, have you looked at their poo poo animation? gently caress nuance it's like some mentally retarded blobs nowadays. Not like when they used to whip slaves to do 30 fps cell animation.

take your pills John K.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
no devolving this to ren n stimpy and how its genius or how it sucks nuts this is about sassysquachs in oregon n poo poo

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

its really good and has legit good animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uis-8b28S2E

and is funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXrfWL6joj0
(a short, but still good.)

Also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=821TmxO95iE

which is legit.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Is the newer Disney show Hi Ho 7 D done by the same studio?!?

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
its a cartoon. for children

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Zippy the Bummer posted:

It's both.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Zippy the Bummer posted:

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Bill appears in every episode.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Gravity Falls is great.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

ElectricSheep posted:

I use gifs of Gravity Falls in some of my Powerpoint slides for my science class and invariably some kid shits himself about the Illuminati, every year

teens r dum

there's not a lot of things douchier than the grade school science teacher who thinks he's the the "hip" one because he puts stupid pictures from cartoon network cartoons in his slides.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Saw a couple more. It's getting a hold which is bullshit because I'm trying to avoid care posting about it.

Larry King head is :laffo:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

there's not a lot of things douchier than the grade school science teacher who thinks he's the the "hip" one because he puts stupid pictures from cartoon network cartoons in his slides.

It's a Disney show. Like Song of the South.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
it is a show for kids.

• Locked thread