Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Latest update killed the "wait anywhere" mod.

I refuse to play these games with the makers. I'm going to shelve this for awhile to see if things settle out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
For those going the melee route, what sort of damage numbers are you reaching on one or two handed weapons late game? sorta curious what two handers can put out with the attack speed increase talent or one handed criticals.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

For those of you that are torn up about not being able to wait: haven bag is a mod that adds a little bag in your apparel that teleports you to your own little tent with bed and chests and whatnot. Way better than running around and getting gangrene from deerstalkers after sprinting full speed out of a dungeon from a bunch of pissed off skeletons with magical weapons.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Somehow my mana stopped regenerating. It's a big problem since I play as a mage. I've cured all diseases (in a temple) and it doesn't regenerate. My arcane fever is very high at 94%, is that the cause?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Skilleddk posted:

Somehow my mana stopped regenerating. It's a big problem since I play as a mage. I've cured all diseases (in a temple) and it doesn't regenerate. My arcane fever is very high at 94%, is that the cause?
A loading screen claimed that high arcane fever starts causing Problems, until at 100% you straight up die, so I'd go chug some Ambrosia and see if that helps, yeah. :staredog:

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Or just type set Arkanistenfieber to 0 in the console if you're like me and cba carrying ambrosia around.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Man some parts of Enderal are really cool especially since it's done by some dudes in their free time but whew some others are impressively bad. I think the worst so far is this part of the main quest which has a forced stealth section. And I mean actually forced as in you get teleported back to the start of the map and are told "You got caught!" if you get caught by some weird arbitrary method that doesn't actually seem to have anything to do with the game's detection system.

Edit: Also a minor thing that annoys me is sometimes you'll find piles of coins or even gold ingots but when you interact with them you get vastly less than what is clearly visually there. At one point I found a barrel filled with coins and when I hit e on it I got 40 coins :geno:

Gobblecoque fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Sep 1, 2016

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The Arcane Fever mechanic just kinda seems to be... there. I wish they'd just had it do some minor stuff, maybe slowly get worse if you take forever, and just go away when you do the plot thing which is supposed to make it stop being a problem. (but doesn't seem to affect it mechanically at all.)

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
yeah it was ambrosia. all cool now

took me half an hour to find some though

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

I really like Enderal even though it's ridiculously slow. But it's slow in a good, slice-of-life way. Yesterday I spend a whole evening exploring the city, just talking to people and reading books. I feel like I got gently caress-all done but I had fun anyway.

I play the German version and I love the voice acting and writing of the game. Not sure about the main quest yet cause I'm not far in, but I like everything else, especially when it comes to world-building. Contrary to Skyrim, I read most of the books that contain stories, and they're pretty long too for game standards. Usually I'm a bit reluctant because, as with any RPG, you got goals you want to accomplish and reading books ain't helping. But whenever I get a few pages in, I get caught up in the story and have to finish it. Like those stories where some bloke meets people with certain skill sets, or the one about an expedition, or the little moralistic propaganda tracts that are supposed to teach you lessons about faith. They really flesh out the world and give context to other quests. Like the books ranting against noble excesses showing the cracks of their societal system.

Would've nice though if they had delayed it for a bit and finished fixing bugs and closing dangling quest lines. Had multiple encounters where NPC's were obviously supposed to start a dialogue but just stood there going 'Wuh?' or something similar, including Jespar. Usually that's fixed by reloading or restarting the game, but it's a bit annoying still.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Fleve posted:

including Jespar.

loving Jespar's quests broke for me more than anything I encountered in Skyrim, and he broke hard. I never had to learn the setstage command before I talked to that white goatee rear end in a top hat.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I like how lavender is still an alchemy ingredient, and lavender plants appear in the world but are not harvestable just like those loving mushrooms that are everywhere.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I discovered that they removed the mechanic where you suddenly can't run any more when you go just 1 unit over your maximum carry limit.

Now you just can't move at all when you go over that limit!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Agents are GO! posted:

I like how lavender is still an alchemy ingredient, and lavender plants appear in the world but are not harvestable just like those loving mushrooms that are everywhere.
SOME lavender is. I don't know how to tell if it is or not from a distance.

A.o.D. posted:

I discovered that they removed the mechanic where you suddenly can't run any more when you go just 1 unit over your maximum carry limit.

They must have done that in a patch because I remember dragging some poo poo around the market to sell it. That's lame as hell.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

player.modav carryweight 3000

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Agents are GO! posted:

Lavender land is north of Ark. Happy harvesting!

A.o.D. posted:

Do you have mods installed or something? For me it just slows you down to walking speed.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

In the main quest during one of the Black Pearls quests, can you stop Jespar from being killed by his sister? I feel like I went through every dialog option and nothing will work. I know there were supposed to be more parts of his companion sidequest, should I have done those first in order to get the best conversation options?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Cael posted:

In the main quest during one of the Black Pearls quests, can you stop Jespar from being killed by his sister? I feel like I went through every dialog option and nothing will work. I know there were supposed to be more parts of his companion sidequest, should I have done those first in order to get the best conversation options?

I don't think so, and it doesn't matter anyway because of what happens 10 seconds afterwards.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Dragonwagon posted:

Lavender land is north of Ark. Happy harvesting!

Do you have mods installed or something? For me it just slows you down to walking speed.

Could be? IDK. I went over weight limit recently and it just slowed me down. I just need to assume that at any moment, the behavior I'm seeing is bugged.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Gobblecoque posted:

I don't think so, and it doesn't matter anyway because of what happens 10 seconds afterwards.

Haha, clearly I need to just take a few steps instead of taking a break from the game. Thanks.

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

I'm doing the hoarding thing again. Are there any resources that actually warrant that? I've got a ton of gems, silver and gold ingots, and if they're actually never really used for anything I might as well craft some jewelry and convert that poo poo into skill books.

Also, how does the house thing work? I see I can either buy myself to an outfitted house, or outfit it myself. Is the second thing worth the trouble of getting all the plans and resources, compared to just paying a lump sum?

Edit: Ugh. The house system is a bit weird. It seems like you can't change/move/delete any of the pieces that are added when you buy the default outfit. But if you want to outfit your own house, you already don't seem to be able to change a few default features. The bed is stuck, and so is the chair and some sort of cupboard thing in the hallway. I can't have that if I were to outfit it myself, then the whole setup needs to be neat und tidy. And I don't think I can be arsed to gather a truckload of building plans and materials.

Fleve fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Sep 3, 2016

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I don't think you can build an alchemy station, though buying the house furnishing will give you one for the Marketplace house. You can craft a mannequin for displaying clothing/target practice though.

The housing system is pretty finicky and not that good. I don't recommend using it myself.

As for hording items, depends on whether you want to craft. Spare Parts are needed for most recipes and are very light. I think a few recipes use Nails, too. Carrying along a pickaxe for mining isn't a bad idea, even common stuff like Iron Ore can be crafted into vendor fodder. Pelts are handy for leather items and straps. Food's actually useful in this game since it restores HP out of battle without bumping up Arcane Fever, so slaughtering animals to cook their meat later is kinda handy. There's a couple quests that require gems and stuff (the wells come to mind), though you may be better off selling gems/crafting them into jewelry and rebuying the ones you need later. Other than that, just the usual stuff. Hoarding stuff on your person isn't too bad in this game thanks to the Secure Chest in each city, the heightened carry capacity, and the various ways to boost it like eating Ice Claws or wearing backpacks.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Money seems very easy to make in the game, could largely be due to wearing gear with better prices and rhetoric when selling and bumping rhetoric high.
Does anyone have trouble with money after a few dungeon crawls?

The hardest hump in the game for me was the difficulty jump from the baby coast to the areas around Ark and especially because I didn't know the heartland was the next area to go to levelwise, but I spent a entire day just exploring Ark and grabbing quests until I could handle the crypts.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Money seems very easy to make in the game, could largely be due to wearing gear with better prices and rhetoric when selling and bumping rhetoric high.
Does anyone have trouble with money after a few dungeon crawls?

The hardest hump in the game for me was the difficulty jump from the baby coast to the areas around Ark and especially because I didn't know the heartland was the next area to go to levelwise, but I spent a entire day just exploring Ark and grabbing quests until I could handle the crypts.

I just started (just went to the temple in Ark for the main quest, did a few sidequests and random dungeons on the way) and am having serious trouble with money. I think I'm level 8 or 9 and upgraded rhetoric at every chance except getting 20 in handicraft but it's still only 32 or so and everything I find sells for like 5-10 pennies max... Buying books to improve skills suck, they're a giant money sink and I only find books that are not for my main skills lying around. I have like 20 advancement points unspent because I can't afford to buy more one handed, block, heavy armor books. I also made the mistake of spending 1100 pennies on an empty house.

How do you make big bucks?

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Sep 3, 2016

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

TorakFade posted:

I just started (just went to the temple in Ark for the main quest, did a few sidequests and random dungeons on the way) and am having serious trouble with money. I think I'm level 8 or 9 :words:

How do you make big bucks?
Higher grade equipment starts being worth significantly more. Also make sure you grab anything enchanted, jewlery, and the like, and then anything else you can drag bak to a shop or secure chest or something.

Also, don't pay attention so much to how much a thing is worth: Pay attention to how much it's worth per unit of weight.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

sky ui has the option of adding value/weight if you click the gear in the ?top right?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Zereth posted:

Higher grade equipment starts being worth significantly more. Also make sure you grab anything enchanted, jewlery, and the like, and then anything else you can drag bak to a shop or secure chest or something.

Also, don't pay attention so much to how much a thing is worth: Pay attention to how much it's worth per unit of weight.

Yes I do that but enemies are just starting to drop Steel weapons, and at my rhetoric level it takes about 10 or so items to afford an adept skill book (except secondary skills but I don't have the points for those :v: Very few low weight high price items like gems for the moment, but I have also been doing easy quests so maybe it will get better when I get around to the two star ones.

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

There aren't really any get-rich-quick schemes, but some of the better quests seem to be the bounty boards. There's one next to the dude who is always at the leather station in the first village you arrive, and another one on the market in Ark. 100-200 Groschen (what are they in English, pennies?) for each kill is decent enough.

Apart from that, just making a bunch of garbage potions, even with low alchemy, can still net you 10-50 pennies per piece. Having a few thousand in the bank gets you a bit of interest per day. What also might help is choosing an artefact as reward from the first wishing well you find (the one west of the river village). It's a necklace with something like a 17% rhetoric bonus. I guess crafting and selling might also work but I don't know. I keep sitting on 100+ iron for no good reason so I guess I should try that.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

Fleve posted:

what are they in English, pennies?

Exactly right, the game calls them Enderalan Pennies.

I don't think I ever had money problems even in the early game, but then again I mostly used destruction magic, which doesn't need a high skill to be effective, so I never really had anything I needed to buy...

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
Im really liking Enderal so far, but the skill book system is just terrible. Ill post some rebalancing tips later.

Does anyone know where to sell enchanted items? Specifically rings? Im carrying like 2k worth of them and no one in Ark seems to buy them.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Sonofsilversign posted:

Im really liking Enderal so far, but the skill book system is just terrible. Ill post some rebalancing tips later.

Does anyone know where to sell enchanted items? Specifically rings? Im carrying like 2k worth of them and no one in Ark seems to buy them.
The clothing store in the market will take them. I forget the name but it's next to the leather goods shop.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

The clothing store in the market will take them. I forget the name but it's next to the leather goods shop.

Oh cool thanks, I didnt even know there was one.

So I'm using this to make buying enough skill books per level actually viable

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78105/

and these console commands

memory points
set TalentPoints to [number]

combat skills
set Lernpunkte to [number]

crafting skills
set Handwerkpunkte to [number]

I've been giving myself 2 memory points per level and infinite crafting points. There are a ton of QOL perks that dont affect combat balance and crafting skills are still pretty well gated by the price of the books even if they did affect balance and honestly they are mostly only useful for making an extra penny or two. Its cool that they wanna do their own thing but personally I think the learn by doing skill system is one of the elder scrolls games strongest features and it tends to make emergent character builds so they should have just left it alone.

Whatevs though, Enderal has really great design and the voice acting and writing are surprisingly good for a mod. If anyone is on the fence definitely give it a shot at some point.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
The hunter lady who has a stall near the marketplace player house also buys jewellery, although iirc she doesn't have a lot of cash by default. Still, it's a good place to dump enchanted necklaces if you also want to buy sneak-type skill books :ninja:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I managed to find enough loot to buy skill books just fine but I was really annoyed by having go through every merchant to find someone who would buy my stuff. Then I just gave myself the vanilla perk that makes all merchants buy everything regardless of type.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is there a list of what mods play well with Enderal? I really dig the game, and I'm starting a second go-around, so any mods that would enhance the experience would be appreciated.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The one that re-enables waiting is a must. But every update disables it so I've stopped playing for a bit until the bullshit stops :argh:

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

I really like the abilities gained from talents. Fire arrows are fairly powerful and being able to stop time for a few seconds can make a huge difference. They don't have a long cooldown so you can pretty much use them every encounter and they make you feel powerful not because you put the right amount of points into things but because if you time them correctly you feel a tiny bit like you're playing Dishonored.

Is there any place that has or sells Malachite? I think I found 1 vein and 1 ingot or something and I really need more. I also need the game to stop crashing after a random amount of time, but that's a different matter.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Speaking of time stop: was the ability to cast spells in stopped time removed in a patch, or did my game bug out?

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

I could cast the spell to summon an ice elemental during time stop, but the actual summoning would only take effect after time stop ran out. Kinda like how arrows just hang around in the air until time starts moving again. Sometimes this has weird effects, like it looked like my fire arrows just pass through people.

Is there any use for corundum other than melting it into steel? Cause if not then I'll make a ton of steel and turn it into daggers for sale.
Edit: No there is not. Corundum bars are useless. Don't make corundum bars. Make steel.

Fleve fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Cael posted:

No the character was set to be completely invincible until a certain stage, and if you interrupt her at any point before that stage, she plot kills you no matter what

• Locked thread