Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soks
Apr 1, 2006
lol internet
:siren: Better Jumping reliably breaks the end of the first quest with Lishari Peghast, turn it off for the very end or maybe just ditch it entirely. :siren:

It makes you get stuck with some weird green aura permanently, lost several hours of progress to this because I thought it was part of the quest. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
While I'm finishing up redownloading Skyrim - did they package in their own post processing or is it worth grabbing an enb for it? I haven't played Skyrim or with my new video card so I don't know what's good any more.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Agents are GO! posted:

Since SKSE is built into Enderal, I decided to see if a few SKSE plugins work. So far I've tried Crash Fixes (with the alternate malloc memory fix), Bug Fixes, Better Jumping, Better Stealing, and Enhanced Camera.

They all work so far, but I haven't gotten far enough into the game to claim that better stealing works right (by removing the stolen flag if you aren't caught.)

Later, I plan to give a few utility Skyrim mods a whirl, namely Autosave Manager, Imaginator, and Jaxonz Positioner. Possibly wearable lanterns too, but that may be pushing it.

Did you do anything specific or any specific versions? Would like to run better jumping and enhanced camera, probably crash fixes too.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Nope, just dropped them in as usual.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man there sure are shitloads of things to do in this city. Right now my main goal is to find the keys to every bank vault and steal everyone's loot.

I wonder if investing gold is actually worthwhile? I doubt it somehow. I like how the cheaper house is actually quite affordable, under 1000 gold for me at my current rhetoric level. I could've afforded it outright but I spent a lot of backed up gold in skillbooks.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

So this arcane fever, is it a timed gameover kind of thing or just a mechanic that incentivizes sleep and buying ambrosia?

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man there sure are shitloads of things to do in this city. Right now my main goal is to find the keys to every bank vault and steal everyone's loot.

I wonder if investing gold is actually worthwhile? I doubt it somehow. I like how the cheaper house is actually quite affordable, under 1000 gold for me at my current rhetoric level. I could've afforded it outright but I spent a lot of backed up gold in skillbooks.

Where abouts are your finding keys?

I invested 5000 pennies and am currently earning 147 more per day. It's not super fast.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

evilmiera posted:

So this arcane fever, is it a timed gameover kind of thing or just a mechanic that incentivizes sleep and buying ambrosia?

Neither really, its only effect is disincentivizing excessive mid-combat healing. Unless you're chugging dozens of potions to get through every combat, you'll probably forget that the mechanic even exists for hours at a time. There are some locations where it rises on its own that'll occasionally require you to use an ambrosia, but you can literally count those on one hand.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
I think my main complaint at this stage is I'm getting a lot of CTD on area transitions and autosave doesn't seem to be firing off every five minutes like I set it to. Just me?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Holy poo poo, this is cool. Still in the prologue and it feels like starting a new elder scrolls game except I know the story will be good and they've had 5 years to iron out the engine bugs.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

I just maxed the Devour soul ability and forgot the fever even existed.

I have this problem where I'm really liking the world and the gameplay changes these germans have made but the underlying Bethesda mechanics that made me stop playing their games altogether are still there and seriously hampering my enjoyment.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Wait I may have to retract that. I seem to be stuck in the inventory. No xbox controller button will exit it. What am I missing?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Wait I may have to retract that. I seem to be stuck in the inventory. No xbox controller button will exit it. What am I missing?

nothing that enderal did, that's all on the skyrim engine's end

try hitting b

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

joebob posted:

Where abouts are your finding keys?

I invested 5000 pennies and am currently earning 147 more per day. It's not super fast.

I've only found a couple so far, one in that MASSIVE crypt you can find under the city from a couple locations, and I found two in various shops. The one for the tailor, for instance, is really obvious. I feel a couple of them are behind Master-level doors but a fair few seem to be relatively out in the open.

Speaking of that massive crypt, wow, I was NOT expecting something of that size just randomly being there. I levelled up TWICE in there. TWICE. And I finally found the chestpiece to a set... For the wrong armor skill. Anyone know where the chestpiece of the Ratcatcher set can be found? I have multiples of the head, arms and legs but no chest piece (or amulet if it has one, I know I have a set amulet for something else).

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

The bit of the game I was able to play last night was enjoyable. My only complaint so far is the writing feels poorly translated and like it could have used an editor. There are a lot of instances of poor word choice, like "it's really bad!" instead of "it's terrible!" and then there are sentences that are just plain awkward.

I'm curious if it's any better in German.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Infinity Gaia posted:

Anyone know where the chestpiece of the Ratcatcher set can be found? I have multiples of the head, arms and legs but no chest piece (or amulet if it has one, I know I have a set amulet for something else).

I found that in Goldshire Castle (its not far from Riverville) on the final boss.

Also can someone tell me where i am supposed to go for the Secret of the Can quest. I can't find the note with the hint anymore and feel really confused.

UberJumper fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 16, 2016

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Mortimer posted:

nothing that enderal did, that's all on the skyrim engine's end

try hitting b

There's no controller support. Obviously I tried hitting every button on the controller before I made the post.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

UberJumper posted:

I found that in Goldshire Castle (its not far from Riverville) on the final boss.

The heck, if you mean that weird mage chick at the very end, she dropped the chest piece of the NOMAD set for me. I thought the loot was hand-placed?

Edit: Also to answer your question, near where you initially found that kid there's a big dead tree up on a hill. Just climb up to it and look around, you should see some ruin-type ground nearby. Just follow the path from there, hard to miss it.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

There's no controller support. Obviously I tried hitting every button on the controller before I made the post.

I played for 10 hours with a controller, maybe fix your comp

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Infinity Gaia posted:

The heck, if you mean that weird mage chick at the very end, she dropped the chest piece of the NOMAD set for me. I thought the loot was hand-placed?

Edit: Also to answer your question, near where you initially found that kid there's a big dead tree up on a hill. Just climb up to it and look around, you should see some ruin-type ground nearby. Just follow the path from there, hard to miss it.

I am wrong you are right she did drop the NOMAD set. I am not sure where i got the chest piece then.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Mortimer posted:

I played for 10 hours with a controller, maybe fix your comp

I figured it out. Can't remap buttons with this.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Is anyone able to get the "active effects" icons to show up in the corner like SkyUI usually allows? Enderal's SkyUI has the options set up to show them by default but I've never seen them appear.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Is there a difference between the races? the description of the desert people race talked about the founding of mysticism so I figured might work out for a mage type, but on levelup I get the choice of +9 health +8 mana or +11 stamina.

Are the levelup stats different for every race, and the elf ear guy would have +11 mana?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

kedo posted:

The bit of the game I was able to play last night was enjoyable. My only complaint so far is the writing feels poorly translated and like it could have used an editor. There are a lot of instances of poor word choice, like "it's really bad!" instead of "it's terrible!" and then there are sentences that are just plain awkward.

I'm curious if it's any better in German.
I've noticed that longer conversations tend to have the dialogue and subtitles not quite match. Sometimes significantly diverge, like a fair amount of information being in the subtitle but not the voice line.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Is there a difference between the races? the description of the desert people race talked about the founding of mysticism so I figured might work out for a mage type, but on levelup I get the choice of +9 health +8 mana or +11 stamina.

Are the levelup stats different for every race, and the elf ear guy would have +11 mana?
I'm playing as an Aeterna and I get the same level-up choices, and I started with all my skills at 15, so I don't think there's any difference statwise. There was a woman in the first village who specifically asked me about being an Aeterna though, so it might affect some dialogue and characters.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zereth posted:

I've noticed that longer conversations tend to have the dialogue and subtitles not quite match. Sometimes significantly diverge, like a fair amount of information being in the subtitle but not the voice line.

I wouldn't be surprised if a good chunk of the spoken dialog was based off earlier drafts of translation.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

This game has that flaw some games have in the character creator where the lightning is different when you enter most of the main game. The hair color option I chose looked fine in lantern light but appears to be different colors entirely for my hair and beard now that I am on the beach in daylight.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Is there a way to get Enderal to play nicely with Mod Organizer or am I going to have to break my Skyrim install?

I'm actually decently far in and having fun with Legacy of the Dragonborn so I'd like to keep it if possible, but this also looks really cool and I want to try it out.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It's amazing how even with the threat of a fever that will kill me in a few days if untreated I still avoid the main quest and explore the entire countryside.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Few questions about Ark:

- Where in gods name can i buy a reliable source of lockpicks? I have cleaned out everyones stock of them and they don't seem to restock.

- Is there anyone in this game that i can sell stolen goods to?

- In the golden sickle, there is a massive crypt in the basement does this have a quest associated with it?

- The vault seems to have a bunch of neat items hidden behind master locks, where exactly do i get the keys for this? Someone NPC mentioned they lost their key to their vault awhile back, but no quest came of this.

- I cleaned out the majority of Ark, and only got a grand total of maybe 5-6 quests. Is there more?

- Does anyone know how many pieces there are for each set?

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

UberJumper posted:

Few questions about Ark:

- Where in gods name can i buy a reliable source of lockpicks? I have cleaned out everyones stock of them and they don't seem to restock.

- Is there anyone in this game that i can sell stolen goods to?

There are a couple of generic fences in the Undercity. The big thief guild questline down there unfortunately had to be cut for time; the devs have said that they may release it as "DLC" at some point (and the merchant guild questline is apparently finished but still in testing at the moment).

quote:

- In the golden sickle, there is a massive crypt in the basement does this have a quest associated with it?

- The vault seems to have a bunch of neat items hidden behind master locks, where exactly do i get the keys for this? Someone NPC mentioned they lost their key to their vault awhile back, but no quest came of this.
No quest, and I vaguely remember a key in the central embalming chamber.

quote:

- I cleaned out the majority of Ark, and only got a grand total of maybe 5-6 quests. Is there more?
I'm counting around 16 side quests starting in Ark. Try barging into every house that isn't locked and reading the posters and notices put up on walls.

quote:

- Does anyone know how many pieces there are for each set?

Four, expect Selna's heavy armour, which has five.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

How large is the game world compared to nehrims?

Bob NewSCART fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Aug 17, 2016

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I don't understand how something can be cut for time in a free mod that, as far as I was aware, was being developed as a hobby by the creators, and thus shouldn't really have any deadlines, but oh well, there's decent enough content in the game already.

Edit: Also I found a couple items down in that massive crypt that seem somewhat unique so I've held on to them in case they were quest related. One is a scroll that apparently will teleport me to 'a strange place' and another is a uniquely named bottle of wine.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 17, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

If I got bored of Skyrim within a few hours due to the open-worldy-ness and lack of direction (and not a little decision paralysis on character archetype, I'll be honest) would I still end up getting bored with this TC? I guess I could just download and try it for myself but :effort:

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

If I got bored of Skyrim within a few hours due to the open-worldy-ness and lack of direction (and not a little decision paralysis on character archetype, I'll be honest) would I still end up getting bored with this TC? I guess I could just download and try it for myself but :effort:
Hard to say. On the one hand, you're kind of encouraged to head off the beaten path so you can rack up XP in side dungeons and be better prepared for later areas. On the other hand, the lack of level scaling means that you don't have an entire world open to you right from the start, since later areas are meant for higher-level characters. I haven't gotten too far yet, but if it's anything like Nehrim, there's a decently-defined progression to exploring the world that Skyrim doesn't really have.

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Aug 17, 2016

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Can I actually use the Master Skull like the lady who gave it to me described, and if so where do I use it because I didn't write down what she said or get a quest about it.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I am filled with indecision on where to take my first character, archery and daggers with buffing magic or pure mage and enchanted daggers.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

I don't understand how something can be cut for time in a free mod that, as far as I was aware, was being developed as a hobby by the creators, and thus shouldn't really have any deadlines, but oh well, there's decent enough content in the game already.

I got the impression that they're trying to avoid what happened to Tamriel Rebuilt and other big mod projects like that, i.e. getting bogged down in endless revisions and perfectionism until people get bored and leave.

Zereth posted:

Can I actually use the Master Skull like the lady who gave it to me described, and if so where do I use it because I didn't write down what she said or get a quest about it.

Check out the small ring of stones at the road leading to the village, near the mine. Should be marked on your map if you visited it before.

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

Zereth posted:

There's a ring of stone named ancient ring of stones or somesuch a fair distance to the left of Riverville on the map, marked on the map like a star sign stone. Go there at night, there's an altar n such

Urthor fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I don't know if I posted this here or over in the other thread, but Enderal uses a lot of vanilla resources, so a lot of asset replacers should be quite nice to use with it.

• Locked thread