Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Sweet, thanks. I even found an ice claw I missed the first time I was there.

And then I went looking around and found another one in a ruin behind a troll that wasn't on the compass, and then I climbed over an Adept locked door, but there doesn't seem to be a key on the other side. Oops. Annnd I'm one memory point short of learning the thing to be able to pick them. Hm.

EDIT: False alarm it was just the same color as the floor.

Zereth fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008
Is there any way to mod keymapping with Enderal? I use the mouse left-handed and the NumPad for movement. Currently Numpad can't be assigned and is listed as "reserve"

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I found an elevator somewhere in the undercity to a "Tar Pit" that seems to be fatal to ride because I clip through it and suddenly die, probably of falling damage. :staredog:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Is Secrets from the Can bugged for anyone else? I can't select the dialogue to hand it in.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Is Secrets from the Can bugged for anyone else? I can't select the dialogue to hand it in.

Giving the kid a few punches worked for me.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I've been getting that in dialogues from time to time. Just quicksave and reload, it should work.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Rrussom posted:

Giving the kid a few punches worked for me.

Beating children to make them work? Seems a little dark, but ok!

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Bob NewSCART posted:

How large is the game world compared to nehrims?

Anyone ?

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

I didn't play much of Nehrim. So far it feels smaller than Skyrim but very dense. My guess would be like 40% of the size of Skyrim but 60% of the content? Just a guess. I am only 10 hours or so into the game.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
Have an odd bug or something going on where right away at the beginning of the game where you enter the house, Daddy follows you into the room with the elk and then just sits there. Is something supposed to be voiced and not activating or something?

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Have an odd bug or something going on where right away at the beginning of the game where you enter the house, Daddy follows you into the room with the elk and then just sits there. Is something supposed to be voiced and not activating or something?

Yeah there is supposed to be a scripted scene there. You are not using any extra mods are you?

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

joebob posted:

Yeah there is supposed to be a scripted scene there. You are not using any extra mods are you?

Nope. Just reinstalled the entire game from scratch in order to play this. Wondering now if some of the files didn't copy properly or something, because there was no vocalization in the first conversation when he was busy chopping wood (not sure if there was supposed to be some or not, though).

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Wondering now if some of the files didn't copy properly or something, because there was no vocalization in the first conversation when he was busy chopping wood (not sure if there was supposed to be some or not, though).

Missing files sounds possible. He is supposed to be voiced during that first conversation when he is chopping wood.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
How do I spend my learning and crafting points?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

How do I spend my learning and crafting points?

buy skill books from merchants or find them in the world

You want to start with apprentice because those only go up to 25 and are really cheap

I'm not sure what leveling the magic skills does, elemental damage hasn't changed between 15-30 at all.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Mortimer posted:

You want to start with apprentice because those only go up to 25 and are really cheap

I'm not sure what leveling the magic skills does, elemental damage hasn't changed between 15-30 at all.

No I mean the ones I get when I level up - or is it that I can read one book per point I get?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

No I mean the ones I get when I level up - or is it that I can read one book per point I get?

you can read one book per point you get

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It says it right there on the books too.:doh:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Mortimer posted:

I am entirely uncertain about what leveling magic skills does too. Maybe it lowers mana costs or something? I have no clue.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Does magic hold up later in the game? It's been ok so far, if a little boring because I'm just double casting absorb life at everything until it dies. If it's just going to be that but holding the buttons down for longer I'm not above cheating up some memory points and respeccing.

Kalion
Jul 23, 2004

:gifttank:
Panzer vor!

Infinity Gaia posted:

I am entirely uncertain about what leveling magic skills does too. Maybe it lowers mana costs or something? I have no clue.

Unless Enderal changed the skill effect somehow, leveling the magic skills simply lowers the mana cost of the associated spells using that skill.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Where do you keep your loot when you're encumbered? I don't have a house and i'm scared the random containers are going to reset with my stuff in it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

There are special chests scattered about, the first one I found was in Riverwoodville in the market. It's got a glowy effect on it.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Agents are GO! posted:

There are special chests scattered about, the first one I found was in Riverwoodville in the market. It's got a glowy effect on it.
This, they're named "Secure Chest" or something similar. All Secure Chests connect to each other as well, so you don't have to walk back to the first one every time.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
I found some Shrooms that increase my carrying capacity. Is it safe to eat them immediately or can they be used later as a potion ingredient or something?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

sicDaniel posted:

I found some Shrooms that increase my carrying capacity. Is it safe to eat them immediately or can they be used later as a potion ingredient or something?

Just eat 'em, they're a carry over from the Nehrim. If later on you come across a quest that needs them there's bound to be enough spare to finish it off - there's tonnes of them.

I've a question about Skyrim mods for this - does anyone know for sure if adding mods via NMM to Skyrim will add them to Enderal (textures, lighting mods etc)? I added some texture mods manually then I decided to overwrite them with NMM because gently caress trying to keep track of what I've put in manually and I'm like 80% sure it showing up properly.

E: Do not verify your cache with this. I noticed none of the DLC had downloaded so I had to do that to get them and it completely hosed the Enderal installation. God dammit, it's always something with Skyrim.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 17, 2016

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Just eat 'em, they're a carry over from the Nehrim. If later on you come across a quest that needs them there's bound to be enough spare to finish it off - there's tonnes of them.

I've a question about Skyrim mods for this - does anyone know for sure if adding mods via NMM to Skyrim will add them to Enderal (textures, lighting mods etc)? I added some texture mods manually then I decided to overwrite them with NMM because gently caress trying to keep track of what I've put in manually and I'm like 80% sure it showing up properly.

E: Do not verify your cache with this. I noticed none of the DLC had downloaded so I had to do that to get them and it completely hosed the Enderal installation. God dammit, it's always something with Skyrim.

enderal intentionally removes the DLC and moves it to another folder

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Anyone know where the hell I can get some Psionics tomes? Everywhere I go seems to have tons of tomes for every other magic class, but nothing for Psionics. Is it because it's considered SUPER EVIL in the plot? If so where can I find some evil mage to sell some of that poo poo to me because goddamn I'm like 20 hours in and the only actual Psionics spell I've found is still just Panic.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
Anyone know if there's a way to respec your memory points? I figured I would be a mage out the gate, but having too much fun with the bows/daggers I'm finding.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

Anyone know if there's a way to respec your memory points? I figured I would be a mage out the gate, but having too much fun with the bows/daggers I'm finding.

The memory points aren't massive damage increases, and apparently there are enough points to max out every tree.

Or you could type "help 'memory' 4" and find the +1 memory scroll and add some to your inventory then promise you won't use magic :thumbsup:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Mortimer posted:

The memory points aren't massive damage increases, and apparently there are enough points to max out every tree.

Or you could type "help 'memory' 4" and find the +1 memory scroll and add some to your inventory then promise you won't use magic :thumbsup:

Uhhh I dunno where you read that you get enough points to max out every tree, even the loading screens seem to say that you're going to be able to max out three trees, tops.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

Uhhh I dunno where you read that you get enough points to max out every tree, even the loading screens seem to say that you're going to be able to max out three trees, tops.

oh sure that's probably it

I thought it meant all three archetypes not three individual trees whoops

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Correct, you eat books to turn one learning/crafting point into one point of skill.

I'm serious, they're in the Food category of your inventory you're eating them.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Guys, am I gimping myself as a light armor archer if I put all my points towards Rhetoric and ignore crafting altogether? I'm leveling three combat skills and the prices on Master books are just :stare:

also,

Mortimer posted:

there's a console command for this. "set talentpoints to X" :eng101:

e: also also, am I right to assume there still isn't a solution to Skyrim's "low GPU/CPU usage, low FPS" bug? It's hitting me pretty hard in the Heartlands.

kxZyle fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Aug 18, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If I was to go with the dick option and use the beauty potion, what would that do?, the effects that scroll up are in german.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

If I was to go with the dick option and use the beauty potion, what would that do?, the effects that scroll up are in german.

Invade the Sudatenland.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

My load times are atrocious since the last patch and I don't know if it was the patch or if Ark just sucks this much and I am only just now noticing.
This game is real pretty but I can't help but feel the creators overdid the foliage just a wee bit, the only time I notice it is when its in my way or makes me drop frames like crazy.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Are you using Crash Fixes with the alternate memory allocation function? That helps with load times.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

edit: nvm

FutonForensic fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

:getin:
Lipstick Apathy

FutonForensic posted:

In the quest "Words of the Dead," where's the DOWN book? Or if the sequence is just "MY FALL WAS PRIDE," I'm not getting how I input it properly

You might have to interact with the clock on the mantle after the books then pull the chain I think, just finished that part.

• Locked thread