Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Merrill Grinch posted:

Whining!

The whole Brotherhood of Kor sidequest (starts in a potion shop in Noble District) feels like it was somebody else's unfinished mod just shoved into the game pointlessly. Small area you can only get to via teleporting that isn't on the map, check. Horribly inconsistent monster placement and difficulty, check. Walking around an admittedly gorgeously built empty area because you have to read a bunch of NPC's instant messenger logs, check. No loot, check. And then the limpest dick ending you can possibly imagine.

And gently caress you, Giant Spider. gently caress you! How did you even get in there?

It literally is an incomplete quest. Apparently the guy that worked on it left and they kept it in because it's a decent enough location and why not.

There was no English translation for what the Veiled Woman says after she resurrects Jespar just as the screen flashes white. Does anyone happen to know what she said? It seemed important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I installed haven bag and it won't let me sleep in the bed :smith:

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It literally is an incomplete quest. Apparently the guy that worked on it left and they kept it in because it's a decent enough location and why not.

There was no English translation for what the Veiled Woman says after she resurrects Jespar just as the screen flashes white. Does anyone happen to know what she said? It seemed important.

Not that important, no: "Farewell, Prophet. We may meet again. Or we may not."

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I just made it to Ark after doing everything I could find in the starting area.

I haven't made it through every district yet but already I am flooded with hundreds of quests.

Also, I think I need to murder a bread seller because of the voice actor.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Aug 19, 2016

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I just made it to Ark after doing everything I could find in the starting area.

I haven't made it through every district yet but already I am flooded with hundreds of quests.

ONLY AT MICK AND RALPH'S

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I have a feeling that Annoying Voice Kid, Bread Seller Lady, and Merchant Girl With Lost Pet Outside Vatyr Keep share a voice actress.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Anyone else using Haven Bag? It pisses me off that I have to find a bed in some random buttfuck forest so I like having a little bed I can just pop in and rest in when I'm not in combat, except it won't let me use the bed inside the little hut the bag creates.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

no don't, she sells pretzels which are the cheapest prepared food I found so far.

I guess you could spend 5 minutes hunting salmon in the bay and then tracking down somewhere to cook but some of us have places to be, and people to see. :colbert:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Where is your house in the Noble Estate? I bought the deed, but I can't seem to find my house :downs:

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

CommissarMega posted:

Where is your house in the Noble Estate? I bought the deed, but I can't seem to find my house :downs:

It's all the way upstream, across from the bath house.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Daedalus1134 posted:

It's all the way upstream, across from the bath house.

Awesome, thanks! Seems like the name change I gave it didn't take, which threw me off.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

Learning points are essential for putting into rhetoric so I get more EXP out of quests and more gold and such. Also supposedly you can craft cool poo poo later with Handicraft?

I'm pretty sure the weapon skills are also worth putting points into. Maybe? I think it's only magic that's kinda whatever.

You got it, any old GOLD goblet (needs to be specifically a gold goblet) and an emerald. I'm not sure if it needs to just be a standard emerald or if flawless will work as well but a regular one definitely works

It needs to be a regular one, as I found out after buying a flawless one :saddowns:

Edit: also in regards to the skull you get from the semi-crazy lady in Riverville, where were you supposed to use it again? Her grating voice made me skip her dialogue and there was no quest to point the way.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
How do I get this Pyrean Crystal? I've spent like 2 hours going around these mountains and there's no obvious path through anywhere. I ever tried swimming but there are invisible walls.

E: I found it. The path is pretty easy to miss. If you get stuck go to the Myrad tower at Westwell (I think that's the name) go north to the quarry and look for a path off the quarry that goes over a wooden bridge and under an archway. If you start seeing green crystals you're on the right path.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Aug 20, 2016

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

evilmiera posted:

It needs to be a regular one, as I found out after buying a flawless one :saddowns:

Edit: also in regards to the skull you get from the semi-crazy lady in Riverville, where were you supposed to use it again? Her grating voice made me skip her dialogue and there was no quest to point the way.

Nearby the Three River Watch there's this circle of stones place, that's where you use it. IIRC it's somewhat to the southeast of it. It's got a map marker and everything.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

How do I get this Pyrean Crystal? I've spent like 2 hours going around these mountains and there's no obvious path through anywhere. I ever tried swimming but there are invisible walls.

E: I found it. The path is pretty easy to miss. If you get stuck go to the Myrad tower at Westwell (I think that's the name) go north to the quarry and look for a path off the quarry that goes over a wooden bridge and under an archway. If you start seeing green crystals you're on the right path.
... Maybe I should buy that spell that shows you a path to your quest objective.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Why can't I see further than 5 feet in any direction because of all the god damned shrubberies in the way?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Yeah i definitely need to buy clairvoyance. I swear this is bordering on plagiarism with how much it steals from the mass effect story. If i don't end this game by picking a blue red or green choice I'll be surprised.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Welp, I'm stuck near the end of the Old Rashengrad quest. The part where the dwemer elevator descends while rotating bounces the essential NPC out of the world and breaks the scripting. Doing a player.placeatme command for both variations of that NPC just causes a non-interactable NPC to appear and perform idle animations. Because of this, I don't get the key needed to open any of the doors in old Rashengrad, and I can't advance the 'get rid of my magic sickness' quest. Help what do

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

Welp, I'm stuck near the end of the Old Rashengrad quest. The part where the dwemer elevator descends while rotating bounces the essential NPC out of the world and breaks the scripting. Doing a player.placeatme command for both variations of that NPC just causes a non-interactable NPC to appear and perform idle animations. Because of this, I don't get the key needed to open any of the doors in old Rashengrad, and I can't advance the 'get rid of my magic sickness' quest. Help what do

Load an earlier save and wait for an update that'll fix it. The game has had several since I installed it.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

A.o.D. posted:

I remembered something about placeatme creating a new instance of a NPC, so I googled it. It's true. placeatme creates a new copy.

What you want to use is moveto player XXXXX (where XXXX is the npc's refid. I think you can get it by clicking on her or using help)

a more organized explanation. https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/828925849555052348/

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
How many skills and talents is it viable to level up without spreading points too thinly? I want to focus on bows and summon magic but would like to splash a few points in one handed.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

adamarama posted:

How many skills and talents is it viable to level up without spreading points too thinly? I want to focus on bows and summon magic but would like to splash a few points in one handed.

Assuming you don't rush through the game, you should have enough points to max four combat and two crafting skills, with a couple dozen points left over respectively. Keep in mind however that master skill books (at least the ones for combat skills) are horrendously expensive - bringing a single skill from 75 to 100 costs close to 30.000 bucks. I finished with two maxed skills and two more at 80, with another hundred points left unused because I literally ran out of money.

As for perk trees, you can barely finish four of those, if you do everything in the game and maybe forego maxing out a few of the shout talents in them.

Yeah i definitely need to buy clairvoyance. I swear this is bordering on plagiarism with how much it steals from the mass effect story. If i don't end this game by picking a blue red or green choice I'll be surprised.

:laugh:

Mygna fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Aug 20, 2016

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

So I know how to spend memory points or whatever. What do I use learning points for, and where are the crafting skills?

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Bob NewSCART posted:

So I know how to spend memory points or whatever. What do I use learning points for, and where are the crafting skills?

You learn those via books. Each books boosts that skill by a point. The higher your skill gets the more expensive the books are.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mygna posted:

As for perk trees, you can barely finish four of those, if you do everything in the game and maybe forego maxing out a few of the shout talents in them.

Is there any benefit to maxing a tree out? Most of them seem to have talents I'd want to skip even if I'm interested in the tree itself.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

Andrast posted:

Is there any benefit to maxing a tree out? Most of them seem to have talents I'd want to skip even if I'm interested in the tree itself.

Putting at least ten points each into certain combinations of trees unlocks a "class affinity" that gives you some extra bonuses, but beyond that, no.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
I just ran into a bug with the gambling logic. For whatever reason my opponents pennies doubled every round regardless of the outcome. He currently has 176 million pennies on him. Looking for a chance to pickpocket now.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

Hit H, mouse over things.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
While checking the pockets of someone rich looking just to see what would be in it, I saw a iceclaw, so that's something to be aware of people having.

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009

Mygna posted:

Assuming you don't rush through the game, you should have enough points to max four combat and two crafting skills, with a couple dozen points left over respectively. Keep in mind however that master skill books (at least the ones for combat skills) are horrendously expensive - bringing a single skill from 75 to 100 costs close to 30.000 bucks. I finished with two maxed skills and two more at 80, with another hundred points left unused because I literally ran out of money.

:laugh:
Cheers! Bow is working well anyway, fire arrows are nuts. Quite enjoying it so far, even if it is fantasy mass effect.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

adamarama posted:

Cheers! Bow is working well anyway, fire arrows are nuts. Quite enjoying it so far, even if it is fantasy mass effect.

Honestly, SureAI has a thing about breaking cycles and whatnot. In Nehrim you were supposed to defeat the Light-Born and then be slain by the Agent of Fate, because at the end of that prophecy the Shadow-God must always be destroyed for the cycle to be complete. Except that you hosed it up by destroying the entire prophecy itself and setting yourself free at the height of your weird Shadow-God powers.

...Nehrim was weird.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

And loving awesome. I want to play it again but I don't know how it would hold up to the test of time, especially being in the hosed up oblivion engine

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Two questions:

- How exactly do the favourite groups work? I thought i could assign hotkeys to one group then switch to the next one. But that doesn't seem to be the case as soon as i hotkey an item in one group, any thing assigned to that hotkey in other groups are immediately unassigned.

- The quest the Sole Place, wants me to search through Golfur Silverlords goods for stuff he owns. The waypoint marker points me to Golfur, but i don't know what i am supposed to be searching. I searched the chests in his stalls, and pick pocketed him but can't find any goods.

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

For the first quest there are optional objectives to collect 5 pumpkins and 3 mana fungi and the quest isn't updating when I get them. It's not really a big deal, but I'm worried that things might keep screwing up. Anybody else having issues with this?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

How do blueprints work? I'm carrying around a whole bunch for different types of iron armor and weapons but the forge just lets me make basic poo poo.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

UberJumper posted:

- The quest the Sole Place, wants me to search through Golfur Silverlords goods for stuff he owns. The waypoint marker points me to Golfur, but i don't know what i am supposed to be searching. I searched the chests in his stalls, and pick pocketed him but can't find any goods.
It's in his shop inventory. It's a lute with an unusual name.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009
This mod looks interesting, but I've got a bunch of different mods installed for Skyrim that took forever to convince to work together. I know I can't use any mods for Enderal, but is there any way to preserve my current settings such that when I switch back to Skyrim, I won't need to start from scratch?

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Enderal automatically makes a copy of your Skyrim on installation.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

A.o.D. posted:

Why can't I see further than 5 feet in any direction because of all the god damned shrubberies in the way?

Tell me about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Chicken posted:

For the first quest there are optional objectives to collect 5 pumpkins and 3 mana fungi and the quest isn't updating when I get them. It's not really a big deal, but I'm worried that things might keep screwing up. Anybody else having issues with this?

I'm pretty sure it's just a tutorial optional thing to collect some food as you pass by.

Green Bean posted:

This mod looks interesting, but I've got a bunch of different mods installed for Skyrim that took forever to convince to work together. I know I can't use any mods for Enderal, but is there any way to preserve my current settings such that when I switch back to Skyrim, I won't need to start from scratch?

Some basic game functionality mods work, I'd highly recommend Quickloot and Instant mining, anyone else have some small quality of life mods to recommend?

• Locked thread