Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
Anyone else had any trouble with the Marketplace house? I've exited it before with no issues, but it's recently started freezing me in place when I leave. Weirdly, it's not the usual controls-disabled freezing; I can still jump, fire bows and interact with the door back inside the house but nothing I do lets me use direction keys to move.

I tried tcl and enabling player controls in the console, also waiting 10 minutes real time to see if it was an NPC trying to dialogue at me, but nothing worked. I guess I can just avoid the place, but it was so convenient :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

Phoix posted:

I had the same problem but quicksaving/quickloading in place fixed it for me.

That did the trick, thanks!

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

Funky See Funky Do posted:

If you pick heavy armour for the Order gear do you get a set of the badass looking armour they're all wearing? I picked light armour and got a loving city guard's outfit.

Yes, you do.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

As a counterpoint, I'm quite enjoying the fast travel systems in Enderal. Sure, some areas are hard to get to but they're remote, inhospitable areas that you don't have to go to more than once (my ~immersion~:allears:). For anything common, there's a whole pile of methods of getting around fast.

Want to offload loot? Use a cheap teleport to Ark scroll then use the signposts to get to the cells with shops in.
Weren't finished looting that cave? Make sure you drop a Mark before heading to the city and you can Recall right back there.
Quest sending you somewhere new? Take a Myrad to the nearest tower then summon your horse!

Need to get deep in the Undercity/up a cliff/way off in a corner of the map? Ok...yeah, you're hoofing it along paths for those. Honestly, you rarely have to repeat a long trek, the map's not that big so it won't take more than 5 minutes if you stay on track and you certainly don't have to take the hard way back.

I wonder if those of you who hate Enderal travel are using the horse? It's cheap (free with an easy quest), seems hard to kill and you can summon it on top of you instantaneously for free anywhere outside by eating a respawning flute(my ~immersion~:gonk:). Sprint to get past hostiles on the paths and you're golden, it's not useless like Skyrim horses are!

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

Fleve posted:

what are they in English, pennies?

Exactly right, the game calls them Enderalan Pennies.

I don't think I ever had money problems even in the early game, but then again I mostly used destruction magic, which doesn't need a high skill to be effective, so I never really had anything I needed to buy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

The hunter lady who has a stall near the marketplace player house also buys jewellery, although iirc she doesn't have a lot of cash by default. Still, it's a good place to dump enchanted necklaces if you also want to buy sneak-type skill books :ninja:

• Locked thread