Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Guys, am I gimping myself as a light armor archer if I put all my points towards Rhetoric and ignore crafting altogether? I'm leveling three combat skills and the prices on Master books are just :stare:

also,

Mortimer posted:

Or you could type "help 'memory' 4" and find the +1 memory scroll and add some to your inventory then promise you won't use magic :thumbsup:

there's a console command for this. "set talentpoints to X" :eng101:

e: also also, am I right to assume there still isn't a solution to Skyrim's "low GPU/CPU usage, low FPS" bug? It's hitting me pretty hard in the Heartlands.

kxZyle fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Aug 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Also, I think I need to murder a bread seller because of the voice actor.

I have a feeling that Annoying Voice Kid, Bread Seller Lady, and Merchant Girl With Lost Pet Outside Vatyr Keep share a voice actress.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

evilmiera posted:

Edit: By the by, where can I sell off staves? I'm carting around like 5 of them right now and there is no merchant in Ark I can find that buys them.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I also had trouble with finding someone to offload my staves, the magic shop in the noble quarter will buy them.

You can add the Merchant perk from the base game with player.addperk 58f7a so you can sell everything to everyone. So far it hasn't broken anything for me.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Zereth posted:

Okay what's the command to cheat myself up more craft points since I just invested in alchemy. :mad:

set handwerkspunkte to X

e: and for rhetoric books, player.additem e7636/e7637/e7638/e7639 for apprentice/adept/expert/master

kxZyle fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Aug 23, 2016

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Or just type set Arkanistenfieber to 0 in the console if you're like me and cba carrying ambrosia around.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
I don't know about sales, but there's a bump in player activity both around the release of the German version (July 3) and the release of the English version (August 14).

https://steamdb.info/app/72850/graphs/

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Finally got back to the main quest after screwing around for tens of hours and Silvergrove loving broke me. Worst a game has made me feel in a long time. Well done, Enderal!

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Finally finished it. The last act was really something, even with the Mass Effect parallels. Everything from the airship ride to the underground Pyrean city and the Machine was a rollercoaster.

It's not the perfect story, I guess, and it has metric tons of jank, but I couldn't help getting attached to the characters and the world through the 70 or so hours I played, and the emotional investment really helped ignore the flaws. Even when subtitles stopped working midway through the second to last mission. Or when I had to restart the (unskippable) dialogue with the Machine twice because of crashes.

My PC ending up with Jespar, sitting out the Cleansing in the Starling City, presumably making babies (can Fleshless get pregnant?), to me, felt much more gratifying than beating Alduin and a bunch of dead vikings going "yay".

So yeah, awesome mod. Looking forward to playing the next one in the early-mid 2020s.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
You're about the enter the final act which is, in my opinion, amazing, but YMMV depending on how invested in the story you are. There are a few (I think 3) moderately lengthy quests left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
This is old news and the thread is all but abandoned, but it should be here for posterity. i just found out about it by accident and i'm a lot more excited about my eventual second playthrough now

Announcement - Enderal: Forgotten Stories DLC posted:

Enderal: Forgotten Stories is an expansion-pack/DLC for Enderal. It is being developed mainly by Nicolas Lietzau, one of the project leads and lead writer of the main game, with the support of a small part of the SureAI-team. “Enderal: Forgotten Stories” aims to bring in parts of the story’s content that had to be cut from the initial release, adding 10-20 hours of new quest content, as well as improving several aspects of the main game. Without further ado, here's a small teaser we prepared for you meant to give you an idea of what "Forgotten Stories" will be about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ocpwvp35Rs

Features:
  • Two guild quest-lines: Join the Golden Sickle, Enderal's most influential merchants’ guild and experience an exceptional non-linear story that deals with intrigue and greed. Delve into the secrets behind the Rhalâta, the mysterious cult ruling the Undercity.
  • A story mission revolving around the Sea Of Eventualities and Yuslan Sha'Rim's past
  • A quest shedding light on the Veiled Woman's origins
  • A mission that allows the player to explore in detail the death of a certain character
  • A secret ending for the main-quest
  • New bounty missions
  • Professional localization in both German and English (starring, amongst others, Dave Fennoy from "The Walking Dead" and Lani Minella from "Skyrim")
  • New weapons and sets
  • Several game-play changes and additions, such as hidden talents, rebalanced and overhauled crafting skills, high-level crafting, and enchantment that makes investing in craftsmanship a lot more rewarding.

• Locked thread