Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
idiotbitch
Jul 16, 2013

Fallows posted:

mercedes is trash, bmw has 335is and m series, and audi has the r8 rest of their cars trash

Not going to search the thread but you probably posted a pic of your mazda3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

dev286 posted:

2011 Honda Fit "Sport" 5-speed

Love it, roomy as gently caress.

Wife drove stick already so when we bought a new car I decided it was time to learn.
You can get a lot of zip from that tiny engine if you drive it right.

2012 Fit Sport here. Put 100k miles on it already, not a single thing's gone wrong with it. Hatchbacks for life, yo.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

idiotbitch posted:

Not going to search the thread but you probably posted a pic of your mazda3

bottom of page 3

devious pudding
Sep 8, 2008

Higly illogical, Captain.
VW camper, a 1972 Devon.

Except it's not on the road at the moment,
So I'm in a 2004 Fiat Panda.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

I drive a Saturn sedan, and I love it for a number of reasons. It handles beautifully, gets excellent mileage, and is easily maintained.

I got it unexpectedly, from a dear friend who used to give me rides in her car to do errands. After I was finished with my weekly medical appointment, we'd go have breakfast somewhere, then go buy our groceries. She was a talented storyteller and conversationalist, and between our discussions we shared our favorite jokes with each other while she drove.

One morning we were out driving, and I suddenly had such a serious asthma attack that my windpipe would close up completely for 10 to 20 seconds at a time. She saved my life by rushing me to the emergency room of the nearest hospital, where I received lifesaving treatment. If that attack had happened when I was at home, I'd have died that day.

So many good times we had in that car!

She loved her car, and even gave it a name: Hildegard (Hildy for short). Her Saturn was her baby, and she would take it to a garage for even the simplest maintenance tasks; things she could've easily done herself, like adding fluids or checking the oil. But the car was always very well looked-after.

One weekend she started having generalised pain, and got very weak. When I took her to a doctor, she was told her cancer had returned and that her time was short; perhaps 5 to 8 months at most. I drove her directly from the doctor's office to the hospital, where she was admitted immediately. Five days later she was gone.

Three days before Beverly died, I was sitting in a chair next to her hospital bed when she turned to me and said, "from now on, you're Hildy's new daddy." It was her parting gift for all our years of friendship, and for me being there for her during her final illness.

I wish she could see how much having a car has enriched my life since I became it's owner. Hildy is much more than just a vehicle to me, and I like to think my friend is riding shotgun with me "in spirit."

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I drive a Malibu which is totally a mom car however it was a family hand me down and actually it has a V6 that is decently fast.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I drive an early 2000s Grand Prix. It's all rusted under the doors, but it drives well and I have taken care of it so everything under the hood is in good shape. It's got about 125,000 miles, I'd like to get it to 200,000 because I am a cheapskate.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
DD is a '98 Lexus LS400... fuckin mint *except* for a dent in the passenger side door. Goddamn tourists.

weekend vehicle is a '98 Dodge Durango. Rust holes in the roof, flappy headliner, leaks all kinds of fluids, broken A/C. it is a Piece Of poo poo, but it hauls all the crap I need it to

alternate weekend vehicke is an '01 GMC Jimmy. It is also a Piece Of poo poo, but the A/C works

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
'14 Focus ST

Coming from an '07 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS it is an absolute revelation

-nearly double the low-RPM torque and ultimate HP
-actual handling ability and quick steering rack (although the turning radius is still like galactic for a small car; oh well I'm used to it)
-6 gears are better than 5
-fat people complain about the bolstered recaro seats but to me they feel great
-I have actual back seats and 4 doors now so people that aren't midgets can actually ride comfortably
-waaayyy more trunk/hauling room esp when the rear seats are folded flat
-better gas mileage

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Lmao if a car is anything more than a fast music box with two pedals for you just l.m.f.a.o.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
mine has 3 pedals

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i had a saab 9-3 my dad bought me when i was like 19 which was a really nice car i guess besides the fact that sometimes it didn't like to start and there were clear preventative maintenance steps that i knew needed to be taken and weren't. actually to a 19 year old with no other means of transportation and no financial independence it was loving stupid to buy one especially without fixing all the poo poo wrong with it. the tie rods were so bad one snapped while making a vaguely high g turn turn and i totaled it by jumping a curb

i drove a saab cause my dad's a dickhead

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I take the train because I live in Tokyo

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

mine has 3 pedals

Dude, you have the same avatar as my Twitter account, so weird.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

used to have a vw scirocco now i ride an expensive plastic toy around but im thinking of saving up for a tire destroying camaro

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I probably wouldn't have a car if I lived in a place where public transit existed but if I have to I may as well enjoy it

only thing I don't like is the touchscreen that controls the entertainment/media stuff in the car

it sucks and I wish there was just a regular radio/head unit there instead

touchscreens in cars is the dumbest poo poo

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

Monkey Fracas posted:

I probably wouldn't have a car if I lived in a place where public transit existed but if I have to I may as well enjoy it

only thing I don't like is the touchscreen that controls the entertainment/media stuff in the car

it sucks and I wish there was just a regular radio/head unit there instead

touchscreens in cars is the dumbest poo poo

Counterpoint- I really like the touchscreen in the Cruze. Maybe Ford's version just sucks?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I put in an aftermarket touchscreen into my 2004 car, it's nice.
Especially for DVD menus you can just touch the button instead of using the remote.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BLARGHLE posted:

Counterpoint- I really like the touchscreen in the Cruze. Maybe Ford's version just sucks?

My Ford Touch does indeed have a reputation for sucking compared to other solutions

I just don't like the idea of trying to use a touchscreen while driving in general though

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I drive a Volkswagen.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

00 Mazda Miata.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
Finally.

:thejoke:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i want a miata

idiotbitch
Jul 16, 2013
I saw an old guy in an sl drive out of a body rub on friday. And finally found my aspiration

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i have not driven a miata but i did drive an slk 230 for a while which are basically heavier, stouter miatas

small cars are good. we need more small cars. i guess safety gets in the way but like this three door trunk seating pod car nonsense is loving terrible and i like hatchbacks

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Donks are best

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

rock rock posted:

1989 diesel corolla wagon, probably the second best car ever after a 1988 diesel corolla.

Hey :) I have an '89 Corolla all trac wagon

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
im not particularly a big fan of mercedes but i really like their 90s styling

the hilariously over-engineered but absolutely flawless roof mechanism is fantastic but is prob half of the value of the car

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

my neighbor has a black E30 convertible in showroom condition im pretty jealous

a E30 325 is on my short list of cars next to the camaro

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland
2016 camaro

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I think even if I won 500 millions dollars in the lottery I would just buy like a standard $35,000 new car. I would get a sickass house, but car? meh

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

OctoberBlues posted:

I think even if I won 500 millions dollars in the lottery I would just buy like a standard $35,000 new car. I would get a sickass house, but car? meh
maybe spend that $35,000 cleaning the sand from your vagina

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
you can buy a lotus for like twenty grand and lol if you don't want the sports cariest sports car ever produced

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

numberoneposter posted:

maybe spend that $35,000 cleaning the sand from your vagina

That seems like a very rude thing to say to someone, numberoneposter.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I am requesting a formal apology in the form of a $5 subway gift certificate.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

OctoberBlues posted:

That seems like a very rude thing to say to someone, numberoneposter.
sorry im just getting warmed up im working as a bike courrier today so i gotta practice being rude before im rude IRL

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

'14 Focus ST

Coming from an '07 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS it is an absolute revelation

-nearly double the low-RPM torque and ultimate HP
-actual handling ability and quick steering rack (although the turning radius is still like galactic for a small car; oh well I'm used to it)
-6 gears are better than 5
-fat people complain about the bolstered recaro seats but to me they feel great
-I have actual back seats and 4 doors now so people that aren't midgets can actually ride comfortably
-waaayyy more trunk/hauling room esp when the rear seats are folded flat
-better gas mileage

my last car was a 07 eclipse GS, the inside was nice and simple but it felt so bulky and heavy even with that engine, oh and cornering sucked

i drive a 2007 vw rabbit 2.5 now, its a good car

not mine but looks like it (except for those wheels)

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
motorcycle, sv650s

cars i used to drive:

89 Ford Bronco II - Great Shape!
2004 Mustang GT, ended up with full bolt ons, good memories being bad - Awesome car for the time, totally wasted all my money buying it new cash!
2004 STi full bolt ons, no cats, 400hp/450ftlb crank, very raw, very fun, lots of axles $400 a pop - Almost ended up in jail - or dead - many times with this one! Low miles though!
2009 Cobalt SS 4 door, full bolt ons, hilariously fast for what it was - did that silver shitbox just stomp that srt8 from a dig? :lol: OMG
2013 Hyundai Genesis R 3.8 - My "responsible" car - Sold it for being a little too gay!

Thx OP for this trip down memory lane

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Monkey Fracas posted:

My Ford Touch does indeed have a reputation for sucking compared to other solutions

I just don't like the idea of trying to use a touchscreen while driving in general though

My F150 didn't have the touchscreen stuff (it's a fairly base model with a HD tow package that I don't need) so I put a Pioneer touchscreen unit in. It's pretty cool, and it works with Sync. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

gargle chome posted:

my last car was a 07 eclipse GS, the inside was nice and simple but it felt so bulky and heavy even with that engine, oh and cornering sucked

i drive a 2007 vw rabbit 2.5 now, its a good car

not mine but looks like it (except for those wheels)

ah, nice! Muuuuch better than the Eclipse. Like on one hand the thing never really gave me any problems for the like 6 years I owned it but it's an extremely Eh car. Can't really complain I guess. It was even easy to sell private sale for a good price so I guess people must like them a little at least

Beefeater posted:

My F150 didn't have the touchscreen stuff (it's a fairly base model with a HD tow package that I don't need) so I put a Pioneer touchscreen unit in. It's pretty cool, and it works with Sync. :)

I can definitely see where they would be good for some people but I wind up doing all of my Nav/Media stuff through my phone anyways so for me personally they're kind of a waste at best and a hindrance at worst

not a fan but they're pretty much becoming standard now because of the utility they bring; you can do anything you want with a touchscreen

• Locked thread