Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Hot: -1 | Cold: 0 | Volatile: 1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 1/5 | Conditions: I Thought You Were Cool | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Hallways

"Yeah, wouldn't it have been so much better if I'd socked someone who can't afford a lawyer?" I snark back at Ms. Spooler, what's she gonna do, double-drag me to the principle? And she clearly gives zero fucks so whatever. "Ooh, maybe we could just put up a punch jar. You pay a hundred bucks and you just punch whoever you like! Maybe then we could get the roof fixed, eh?" I give her a thumbs up along with the fakest grin I got.

Meanwhile in Riley's stuff, Sunny would find the usual clutter and schoolbag sediment. Among it her lovely iPod, filled with mostly punk and rock music but a small chunk of classic rock she clearly must have ripped from her Dad's collection. There's also a detention slip or two crumpled up and stomped into submission at the bottom of the bag, clearly not signed by anybody. Then there's a lighter, but Sunny already knew Riley smokes. She's got a flyer stuffed in there for a local punk girl band playing in Carlspoint this weekend as well among a bunch of half or completely unfinished homework.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Clueless Canadian

I flinch hard, jumping and quickly pulling my hand out of the backpack to look up and stare at Anne. I can feel myself going bright red and try to stuff it back down. "y-Yeah! Looks like everythings there!" Hastily zipping it back up I push the thing under my desk with my foot and try to act like nothing suspicious was going on at all. "So, uh, what do you make of all that?" I gesture vaguely towards Larry's now empty seat.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile: -1 Dark: 1
Harm: 0/4 Exp: 2/5 Conditions: Drained

She jumps when she hears my question. Understandable really. From what I've seen, Sunny is a focused girl, so of course she'd put all of her attention to making sure her friends things were all there. Such a good friend she is. How lucky for Riley that that they became friends, I know that I'd've looked after her things for her, but I was a bit busy at the time, so it's good that she had Sunny.

She gestures and asks how I feel about what just happened with Larry. Well that's a fun question to answer, isn't it?

"Oh how terrible that must have been for poor Riley. I wonder why he thought that would make her like him? Everyone knows she hates that story, so maybe he was just being mean and he said that to cover it up. Who really knows what was going through his head." I stop for a second, as if I was struck by a sudden thought. "Oh and you can't blame yourself for egging him on, dear. You never could have known about it, being new here and all. So please, don't feel bad over this, sadness doesn't suit such a pretty face."

During my little beseechment, my hand developed a mind of it's own and wandered over onto one of Sunny's. As I mention her pretty face, it returns to me, dragging a couple fingers across the back of her hand along the way. Such a pretty name.

(10:52:56 PM) ShootaBoy: Turn On Sunny
(10:52:56 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(10:52:57 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 9+2 = 11
String get!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Clueless Canadian

"What? Egging him - I wouldn't do that! I did kn...oh." That's what she was saying, uuuugh, now my face is trying to go red again. And then I shiver, feeling her fingers trail across the back of my hand, and yeah, nothing I can do about it now, I'm definitely blushing. Anne's really hot, almost as attractive as Riley is, and she's totally flirting with me too. Man... if Riley wasn't here I'd be all over her... Trying to cover my reaction, I let myself prattle a bit.

"Oh, I'm not sad about that," wait that sounds bad doesn't it? I quickly amend the sentence, glancing around, "-not that is wasn't terrible for her I mean- but I'm in a lousy mood because of how wet I am..." Ahh that sounds bad too, in a totally different way! Flustered, I point behind me to the busted umbrella creating a puddle of its own at the back of the room, "it broke on the way to school." Giving her an embarrassed smile I reach up to brush some of the water trickling down from my hair onto my face. "You don't have a towel I could borrow or anything do you?"

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

She really is adorable. Just look at how red and flustered she gets after just a bit of teasing. Dropping accidental double entendres all over the place. Just adorable, even as soaked as she is. Actually, that might make her look even better, now that I really look at it. Anyway, she's asking for some help, and what kind of faery would I be if I didn't help someone in their hour of need?

"Of course, of course." I dig through my bag for a second, emerging with a small towel. It's not full size, but it's bigger than washcloth, a lovely mossy green. I hand it to Sunny and smile. "Hopefully this will do, dear." I pause for a moment and look towards the front of the room before turning back to Sunny.

"Actually Sunny, maybe we could head to the bathroom, since Ms. Spooler is out? I've got some emergency beauty supplies, and we can get you fixed up better than you looked before your impromptu shower. Though I have to say, you wear rainwater chic very well."

I grab my bag and stand up, looking back at her with a smile and silent invitation.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I really wasn't expecting to her to have one, so I practically beam with delight when she pulls one out and hands it to me. "Oh, thanks so much Anne, you're the best!" I've practically jumped out of my seat to go when I remember my obligation to Riley, I can't leave her stuff unwatched! I really do want to get dried off though... Oh, I know what to do! I pull out one of my notebooks and rip a page out, scribbling down two notes. The first I leave on Riley's desk along with one of my blank notebooks and a pencil, the second I scurry up to put on Ms. Spooler's desk.

Note for Riley posted:

Went to dry off, I brought your backpack with me to make sure it was fine, if you get back before me use my pencil and notebook!
-Sunny

Note for Ms. Spooler posted:

I went to dry off in the bathroom, super sorry if I get back before you do!!
-Sunny

Then I scoop up Riley's backpack and head for the door with Anne. "You're a life saver Anne, seriously!" We make our way to the bathroom, and once I've checked the stalls to make sure no one else is around I strip down into my underwear, not without giving Anne a self conscious look. But we all change in the locker rooms for gym, so I'm not too embarrassed. Handing her the lump of my wet shirt and pants, I start to towel down. "Could you dry those as much as you can with the hand dryer? Thanks soooo much."

<godfish> turn on Anne
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 10+2 = 12
taking a string

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Mmmm, it looks like someone's not just a pretty face... Lucky me~

I take her wet clothes from her and do my best to air them out under the hand dryers. I don't have a very large amount of success, but kind of damp is better than soaking, right? Of course it is. While I'm working on her clothes, I keep sneaking peeks of Sunny drying herself off. Let's run through what we've got here. She's nice, a loyal friend, lovely face, a very nice body, and she lights up like a forest with just a little bit of teasing. Yes, I think I quite like her.

With her sort of dried clothes in one hand, I move up behind her as she dries herself off and put my free hand on her shoulder.

"I think I've got them as dry as they're going to get with these things. No need to thank me for this, by the way. I couldn't let you sit there soaking wet all day, after all. That would be just a terrible thing to do to a friend, don't you think? And speaking of friends, maybe after school you, Riley, and me can find a nice cozy place out of this rain and... warm it up a bit."

As I talk, my hand slowly traces across her shoulders and back. Let's see just how red she can get~

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."
Riley
She laughs a little at that, but cuts herself short, looking a little guilty. You did just assault another one of her students, after all. "That's one thought," she mutters, glancing back in the direction of the principal's office. What's the principal's name, anyway? What have your previous run-ins with her been like?

Spencer
As you watch the mirror... something odd seems to happen. Someone else seems to enter the reflection. They're not real, though. Not in the room with you, and Larry doesn't react to them. At least, the real Larry doesn't -- his reflection certainly does. It's Anne, and she's sidling up to Larry, whispering something in his reflection's ear. His reflection perks right up, and runs over to a second ghostly reflection -- Riley. It says something to her, and she shoves him down, while in the background, you see Anne laughing. You know now that she was the one who told Larry to say those things -- she lied to him in order to hurt him, and she thinks it's funny.

Mostly, you realise as the reflection fades back to simply and you and Larry, what Larry needs right now from you is to hear that what happened wasn't his fault.

Sunny
Riley has an iPod. Not an iPhone, an actual iPod. Apparently they still make those -- or, they made them a few years ago at least, because this thing is definitely not new. Either Riley's family is not particularly well off, or they make Riley buy that kind of thing on her own. One of the detention slips -- this one particularly badly crumpled -- scrawled on it the message "To be signed by your father. Don't even think about forging your mother's signature, the whole island knows about her." Ouch. Her mother's not in the picture, apparently -- maybe you two have something in common regarding missing a parent.

It looks like she's excited for that band, though, if she's got a flier like that -- and maybe she doesn't have the cash to get tickets, if the rest of the bag is any indicator. If you could get her some of those, Riley would be so grateful that she'd probably pull you into a hug out of gratitude, and then later at the show, she'll kiss you ! Or at least, that's possibly the optimistic version of events running through your mind. I wonder where you could get tickets to that kind of show in a dump like Hellmouth. Have you seen any promising stores around? Ones that are actually still open?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: -

While I towel myself down, I let my mind drift back to what was inside Riley's backpack. We can bond over dead or absent parents, probably! I never thought I'd be grateful about that, wow. And for the tickets... There is one music store, it sells old records and CDs, I've seen it a few times in passing, but never gone in. Don't have a clue how its stayed open in a place like Hellmouth though. If they don't sell tickets to nearby events, I can probably take a ferry into Carlspoint after school to buy a pair. This'll be great!

I'm about done drying myself off as I finish that train of thought and move on to an even happier one of Riley hugging me in delight for getting her the ticket, kissing me, hands running along my bare back... Wait, that's Anne! I blink in surprise, going red again and smiling muzzily at her reflection in the mirror. "Huh? Oh, well... doesn't really feel right not to thank you. You'll lemme know if I can do you a favor or something, al..ri..gh...t?" She just said something important. Some of the general haze around me vanishes, and my eyes are a lot more focused. "Do you think she's into girls then? Riley, I mean?" It's pretty obvious that Anne is!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

The answer is very. She is just too adorable, I swear. I think that I'll keep her, something tells me that she'll make interesting things happen. Really that's just a bonus alongside how cute she is, but I don't need justify myself to anyone but me, so ha ha. OF course she immediately confirms what I thought, about her being interesting.

If I was even slightly in doubt of Sunny's preferences (I wasn't), that question just confirmed it. And to seal it with a bow, she has a thing for Riley, this is just too perfect. I already know the answer to her question, and it's yes and/or probably, going by the times I've seen Riley looking at me. I've really hit the goldmine here, I must say. Today is going to be a very fun day.

"Well that certainly perked you up, hmm? What if I told you that I'm almost certain she is?" I smile at her, time for the coup de grace, I feel. I rest my head on her shoulder and whisper seductively in her ear, "And what would you say if I told you I was serious about the three of us sneaking off after school today?"

(11:16:26 AM) ShootaBoy: Turn on Sunny
(11:16:26 AM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(11:16:27 AM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 10+2 = 12
drat. I guess I get a non-existent string.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Hot: -1 | Cold: 0 | Volatile: 1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: I Thought You Were Cool | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Hallways

I'd be lieing if I said I'm looking forward to this. Principal Bailey is one of those entrenched Hellmouth - sorry, Halmuth - people. The kind who think this place is worth poo poo just because they're one of the ones who are well off. Dunno if that's cause of her job here, but I seriously doubt it. Either way she's a bitch, doesn't really matter why, and she thinks this place is worth anything. Come to think of it, that's probably why Spooler is being so annoying about this whole thing. But yeah, not the first time I'm here, after a while it kinda loses it's appeal. If she didn't hate me before she sure does now, just because I don't keep my head down and learn, as if that had ever done anybody any good in this place. At first she was trying to be all mother-figure-y. Congrats, you read my file, fantastic. I mean, I'm not an idiot, I tried to milk that for a while, poor Riley, no motherly guidance, must be so hard. But that doesn't fly forever so previously on the Riley gets dragged to the Principal Show she's gone out of her way to yell at me for 20 minutes. Maybe she was pissed that she got duped into being nice for a while but like most people, she's actually an rear end, big surprise there. I kinda don't wanna do this though.

"Hey, Miss Spooler, you know this is bullcrap. Just lemme off the hook this once? He had it coming and it's really not my fault he slipped and banged his head. Hell I'll even apologize to the douche-canoe if that's what it takes for him to not complain. I mean I really don't wanna get you in trouble for my stuff, you know? You're the chillest teacher in this dump and Bailey doesn't need to know about this, for both our sakes, yeah?"

SuddenC Manipulate Miss Spooler
SuddenC !r 2d6-1
Krysmbot SuddenC, 7-1 = 6
Whelp. Marking XP at least.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: -

It feels like my heart is leaping with joy, Riley is into girls! But it sinks a bit in confusion just afterwards. Sneaking off with Riley and Anne... Anne is really hot, don't get me wrong, but Riley is... it's more than just attraction. I can feel it, she's the one for me. Mrs. Right. Right now I want to lose myself in Anne's body, but I don't want to lose myself in her heart. And I don't want to share Riley either. But just once? I could have a Mrs. Right and a Ms. Fun, right? ...I'm not sure. "I..." I hesitate, it's so hard to focus with Anne like this! "with Riley. I don't want it to just be a fling... you know?"

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Oh? I pull back slightly at her words.I take a moment to study her carefully, setting her body aside. Well... she's not lying, I can tell, it's a fae thing. Now this, this changes some things. This is something real. Real and beautiful. Love, true love, oh! It must have been at first sight, that's how it always is. And poor Sunny was stuck wondering if the love of her life even liked girls, the poor thing! I have to help her. Something like this needs to be carefully cared for, so that it can grow and prosper and bloom to its fullest beauty!

I step out from behind Sunny, moving so that I'm in front of her, face to face. My free hand reaches out and cups her cheek, softly, like a leaf embracing the forest floor. I look into Sunny's eyes and say, "I do. We'll have our fun today, and then we'll go from there ok? We'll get the two of you together long term, just you wait." I give her another smile, and offer her her clothes.

"Now you should probably get dressed so we can get back before we're missed dear."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I shiver again as Anne cups my cheek, which is now red more from embarrassment at the admission than the flirting and arousal. Even so, my heart skips a beat when Anne offers her help to hook us up, and starts beating faster again. "Oh Anne!" I take her hand, squeezing it tightly in mine and beaming at her. "You're the best!" She's so kind... so thoughtful... who knew a place like Hellmouth could have two people this great in it? "I owe you so much for this Anne! I promise I'll pay you back, just let me know what I can do."

And yeah she has a point. I take the clothes and hurriedly put them back on. Still damp, but that's a lot better than soaking.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
XP: 2/5 | Conditions: None | Harm: 0/4

"... Larry?" I figure I should say something before I get any closer -- that'll startle him less. I think. "Um. Are you doing okay?" Dumb question, but it's polite to ask that, right? And it gives me a moment to psych myself up to keep talking.

"... I dunno what happened back there," I say, stepping closer. It's true, mostly. The mirror told me the story, or the parts that matter, but I still probably don't know it all, besides that Anne... Anne said something to Larry that made him do whatever Riley got angry at, and maybe she meant it. I don't know what to make of that. I thought I knew Anne -- well, kinda knew, as much as I know anybody, but -- she didn't seem like someone who would hide anything, would lie to people, let alone lie just to get someone hurt. Why would she want to do something like that? Just... just hurt someone for no reason, someone who didn't mean any harm to anybody. "But, uh... it wasn't your fault. You didn't deserve to get hit, whatever you said, and I know... you're not the kind of guy who'd hurt anyone." I'm pretty sure I know that about Larry, anyway. I clearly don't know that about Anne anymore.

I hesitate, for just a moment, and then I reach out to place a hand on Larry's shoulder and squeeze gently. It seems like the right thing to do, I guess? I want to reinforce that I'm here now, that it's okay. That he's... safe with me? Okay with me? ... I don't know why. I just know I want him to register me, notice me trying to help.

Turn On Larry (+1 from successful Gaze): 2d6 8

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Riley
Ms. Spooler gives you a long, hard look. Then, finally, she seems to relent, sighing deeply. "Okay, listen," she says, glancing from side to side as if worried about being overheard in this corridor. "I won't report this, but it cannot get back to Bailey. You need to go smooth things over with Larry. And not by hitting him again," she adds the second part quickly, as if it's only just occurred to her that you might do that. "Do that, and it stays between us. But you need to not do this kind of thing again, Riley." She takes a step back, almost as if making to walk back down the hallway. Then she stops again, stares at you, and says: ""And remember who it is who gave you a chance and looked the other way here."

Spooler agrees, but she takes a string on you.

Spencer
Larry's startled at first at your sudden appearance. "Am I okay?" He says, as if the question hasn't occurred to him. He stares at you while you're talking, conflicting emotions warring in his head, until you finally reach out to touch him, offering him real, unconditional comfort. You barely have time to register something else in his eyes, before he's closed the distance between you. His arms go awkwardly around you, and his lips press into yours.

A moment later, he jerks back, looking afraid and uncertain. "Sorry!" he says. "I, uh, crap, don't freak out!"

scene change soon -- doesn't seem like Sunny and Anne need a specific prompt from me this round still.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

"Oh don't worry Sunny, I'm sure you will. For now let's just get back to class. Then we'll figure out how to get Riley along for our little... rendezvous."

With another smile, I turn and lead us back to the classroom, with, dare I say, a bit of a saunter in my step that just so happens to emphasize my butt. Purely accidental of course, not at all for the person behind me~

I can feel the little line of her promise connecting us. Tying the two of us together. Sunny really is something special. Loyal to friend to the one she loves, and now she's making such grand promises to me. What a wonderful person, I'm truly lucky to have met her. Today is shaping up to be a wonderful day.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"We were going to do a bonfire down at the beach if the weather cleared up. If not, I was going to listen to her Jam at... Pete's." After getting the last of my clothes on, I stand under the hand drier for a second longer, letting it warm me up a little bit more, if not actually drying anything. Then I grab Riley and my backpacks and head back to the classroom after Anne. I'm definitely not staring at her butt as we go, and even more definitely not thinking about hanging out with Riley and her later tonight. Nope. I'm 100% focused on things that aren't that, which is why I didn't almost trip over trash bins in the hall twice on the way to class.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Hot: -1 | Cold: 0 | Volatile: 1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: I Thought You Were Cool | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Hallways --> Classroom

"Sure thing, Misses S!" I grin and give her two thumbs up. Not looking forward to making nice with Larry but that's gonna suck less than getting yelled at by Bailey and being stuck in detention. So fine, I'll apologize or whatever and then everyone can move on with their lives. Still saying it was his own drat fault though for being a god drat idiot. Maybe I should make sure I don't look too smug walking back into class if I want Larry to buy whatever half-assed apology I come up with though, as much as I wanna flaunt the fact that I didn't get in trouble. I'm still mulling over that whole thing when I see Sunny and Anne come out of the bathroom and heading down the hallway back towards the classroom. Looks like she took the opportunity to dry herself off some and she even brought my backpack to keep an eye on it. Coolbeans. And eesh, did she seriously just walk into a trash-can? Clumsy-rear end girl. I'd say something but Spooler is still hovering behind me and I probably shouldn't push it, so I just follow them to the class-room.

Before going back in I make sure I look all crestfallen for Larry's benefit as I make my way back over to my desk. "Well, that was a tremendous waste of everyone's time. Hope you made the most of me taking Spooler out for a walk, kiddos." I joke to the people in immediate earshot, once Ms. Spooler is back at the front of the class.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Larry pulls away, but I don't. I didn't expect that, but it was... absolutely amazing. I never thought anybody would kiss me, and even if it's Larry, I... don't actually mind. I never thought about him that way, but now? Now, yes, this is good.

"... I'm not gonna freak out," I say, with a little smile. "That was..." Oh, geez, what do I even say to somebody at a time like this? "... good. Really good." I take a step closer, unsure if I should touch him again or just... let him touch me. If he wants to.

Does he want to?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Back in class, got my stuff and Riley's down, and then seconds later Ms. Spooler and Riley come walking in. Wow, we sure timed that well, Riley doesn't need to know I left and took her stuff along with me to keep it safe. Better if she just thinks I've been here watching it. She looks dejected, but she seems in good spirits based on the joke she just made. Grinning slightly at the comment - because I definitely did make the most of it - I lean over towards her and whisper, "did you get in trouble with the principal? You weren't gone too long. I'll back you up if you need a witness." As I assure her, I reach out to rest my hand on hers, a gesture of friendship or a subtle(?) flirtation. I'm feeling a bit more confident with trying that considering Anne is assuring me she's into girls.

<godfish> turn on Riley (true love + entrenched)
<godfish> !r 2d6+4
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6+4 = 10

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

"I'll help as well. It can't even be considered your fault really. Everyone knows you hate that story, so I'm not sure what he was expecting to happen."

I' m glad to see Riley back in class, so soon. It means that she probably didn't get in much trouble, if any, which means good things for this afternoon. It'd be kind of hard to sneak off with both Sunny and Riley if one of them was in detention. And speaking of Sunny and Riley, it looks like Sunny's made a little move of her own. Good girl, feeling her out, taking some initiative. Now I just need to get myself invited along to their already planned hanging out, and then we'll see what happens~

"While you were out, Sunny mentioned that the two of you are going to be hanging out after school. Do you think that maybe I could tag along? It's no fun being alone when the weather is like this, you know? It's much better when you have a few people to huddle under a warm blanket with. But I'll understand if you say no, three is a crowd after all."

I end with a teasing smile, playing off of my blanket comment. I've seen how she looks at me, and I'm never wrong about these things. Just look at how it went with Sunny.

(1:39:24 PM) ShootaBoy: Turn On Riley
(1:39:24 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(1:39:26 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 7+2 = 9
Self/Promise/Imaginary String?

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Hot: -1 | Cold: 0 | Volatile: 1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: I Thought You Were Cool | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Classroom

Did something happen while I was out? Everyone is being exceptionally friendly all of a sudden. Well, par for the course for Sherman, maybe and I can't say that I mind her hand on mine. Damnit Riley, that's the exact poo poo that ended up with the Casey situation being what it is. She's just being overly concerned cause she's a precious little puppy who thinks going to the principle is a big deal. I pat Sunny's hand. "No worries, I got it all sorted out with Spooler. Just gotta... ugh..." I had a shiver for emphasis "Apologize to Larry and it's all good. No big deal."

"And, I mean, yeah she was gonna tag along to Pete's and listen to us practice. This is probably the most interest we've ever had as far as people wanting to listen to us goes." I laugh, although it's sadly true. "You can come along if you wanna? We could hang out afterwards too once you're fed up listening to us make noise." Okay this is getting spooky. I didn't even do anything and I swear it feels like these two are crawling all over me. Am I flexing my powers without even noticing? If so then I really hope those two don't end up all loopy like Deb did. But in the meantime, if Anne wants to get drunk and huddle under a blanket then I'm sure as hell not gonna say no to that.

Promising Anne to hang out with her.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Scene 2: After school

Anne
Today went great for you so far. At lunch, though, you got a phone call you did not expect. What was worrisome about that?

Riley
Why was it so hard to track down Larry? That'll be bad if you don't get a handle on it.

Where and when are you meeting Anne and Sunny?

Spencer

Wow, so, Larry! He did kiss you again. How far did you two go?

Larry's got some kind of club he has to go to after school, though, so that just leaves you to go meet Lisa, doesn't it? You saw her briefly at lunch, saying that her house is closer than yours and that she can give you a ride in her car after school. "Or if you still want to go outside, there's some lovely garage band playing like... practically next door, turns out. We could go check that out if you wanted."

So, kissing a boy and now kind-of-sort-of going out with a girl, all in the same day. Must be a bit overwhelming! Where are you waiting for her, if you're not bailing on the whole thing?

Sunny
Nothing can put a damper on your excitement for tonight, I bet. I mean, nothing but Mr. Baumman. What did he do last period?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I practically skip through the rest of the day, finding real, true love will do that to a girl, even if it's not her love. Plus there's also the fun with Sunny and Riley to look forward to. Yes it's been a great day, and while the call I got doesn't ruin it, it does tamp my joy down somewhat. Hearing from your relatives will do that to a girl.

It was my Aunt Steff, my mother's sister, though not in the same sense that humans use the word. It's a Fae thing, too complicated for you to understand. Suffice to say that she's family and that it was very shocking to get a phonecall from her, last I saw of her she said she was going to try out some human things, but I didn't think the telephone would be one of them. I didn't catch all of what she said, she might have been calling from the Heartlands actually, but she mentioned something about her passing through my neck of the woods sometime soon. Difficult to say say when soon is for us faeries, it could actually be soon, or it could weeks away, possible even a few hundred years. Time is such a flexible thing, after all.

So yes, that's somewhat worrisome. You'd probably say it qualifies as disastrous or something much more dire than 'somewhat worrisome', but really, what's the use in worrying about something that you can't do anything about, and that may not come to pass until everything in Hellmouth is dead and gone? There is none! So for now, I'm going to enjoy my successful revenge, and look forward to my time with Riley and Sunny. Today is a good day~

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I'm fuming by the time I leave class at the end of the day. I didn't think Mr. Baumman could do anything that'd rile me up more than baseless criticisms did, but this was definitely worse. What was worse, you ask? Oh, just the part where he actually liked one of my photos. He said it was 'starting to get the proper mindset'. But the thing is, it wasn't mine. When I was using that roll of film, about halfway through Ryan came to hang out with me, and I let him take a couple photos. Most of them were of me, so I took those out after I developed them, but I missed a random one he shot of the scenery that was in the middle of some of mine. And naturally that was the one Mr. Baumman liked. Ryan doesn't even do this sort of thing, the picture wasn't even good! Its like he picked that one just to piss me off! It's not like there actually could be something about people who live here that'd you'd be able to tell from a single photo.

I wish I was hanging out with Riley and Anne already...

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Larry and I got... a little farther, not much farther. I don't remember which base is which, or I'd say it that way, because just saying out loud what we did feels kinda... not okay? But... it went a farther, and maybe it would have gone on, if we didn't have to go to class. Well, Larry had to go to class, and he thought I did, too. I probably could have stayed, if I wanted to.

Right now I'm feeling happy and excited, but nervous and strangely light, like something's bubbling up inside me that I can't explain. I didn't know I could still feel anything like this, or that I ever could. I always thought... if you're dead, that's it, right? You don't feel anything. Even being a ghost now, well, nothing's made me feel anything like this. And now here's Lisa, talking about a party and a band, and really, I probably shouldn't? But there's nobody to tell me no, and Larry's busy anyway, and why not?

The band sounded good, and I told her as much, so now I'm waiting outside near the parking lot for her car. I'm trying not to fidget. It's hard, but at the same time it's nice to feel like my body wants to be doing something, even something that doesn't make sense. This isn't a feeling I'm used to, but it's such a good feeling, I want it to last a little while.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Hot: -1 | Cold: 0 | Volatile: 1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: I Thought You Were Cool | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Parking Lot

Larry seems to have disappeared. And by that I mean he didn't come back to homeroom. I totally did keep my eyes open and even asked around some but for some reason everyone seems to have gotten it into their head that I'm just looking for him to finish the job, make sure he doesn't squeal. I mean, not that that doesn't sound more appealing than actually apologizing in some ways but come on people, I just wanna talk to him. But nope, apparently now I'm the crazy nutjob who sucker-punched a kid in the middle of class. Damnit, Larry was being a complete rear end, how am I the bad guy here somehow? So yeah, of course I don't find Larry cause no one wants to tell me what classes he's having today and by the end of the school day I really don't feel like chasing him down anymore. Admittedly, my heart wasn't exactly in this in the first place. I'll just find him tomorrow or whatever, sort this out later.

Besides, I got plans, so I head to the parking lot to meet up with Sunny and Anne. I was gonna swing by home real quick to pick up my guitar and meet them at Pete's but of course Sherman doesn't know where Pete lives and Anne wasn't a hundred percent on that either, so now the two of them get to see the shithole I live in. Hurray. That's not embarrassing or anything. Whatever. I pick a random car to lean against and light up a smoke. Does Sherman have a car? I forgot to ask her, but that'd be convenient.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I wander through the small school parking lot, looking at the cars enviously. I wish I had a car... I bet Aunt Desi could afford getting me a cheap used one. Maybe I should ask. I could probably sell her on it, I've got a licence at least, and it'd make things easier for her when I want to go into Carlspointor something. Wait forget that, there's Riley! She's leaning up against a car as the light drizzle (at least it isn't a full rain anymore) drips down on her and a cloud of smoke streams away from her as she pulls on a cigarette... Ah, my heart aches, she's so beautiful.

Not saying anything, I head towards her, winding the film in my camera up for a fresh photo. Then I wait until she's blowing out a fresh cloud of smoke and snap the shot.

*flash*

"Oh, that shot was perfect!" I bounce towards her, babbling a bit and winding my camera as I go to make it ready for the next one. "I bet you'd make a great model, have you ever thought of it? I'd love to do a series of shots with you. Oh, I didn't keep you waiting long did I?"

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Hot: -1 | Cold: 0 | Volatile: 1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: I Thought You Were Cool | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Parking Lot

I didn't notice Sunny walking up so I jump a little at the sudden flash of light till I realize it's just her camera going off. Doesn't make me feel any less stupid though. "Jesus, Sherman, watch where you point that thing." I joke to cover for jumping at that. "And I didn't know you were in the business of luring poor schmucks into a creepy old studio under the pretense of taking glamour shots and making it big. You got an old warehouse or just a creepy basement for that?" I smirk and lightly punch her in the shoulder once she's close enough. "Or did you just adjust your standards of excellence to Hellmouth already? Cause if so I got some broken beer bottles that the water polished into shiny beads to sell you."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I feel a small shiver run through me when Riley touches me, even if it is a punch. "Hey, if I was going to lure you into my basement it sure wouldn't be to photograph you." I grin for a moment, and then very quickly blush bright red with embarrassment. Oh noo, was that too creepy? Too blunt? Ahhhhh!

"Uh, I mean, uh, nevermind! But don't be so down in yourself! You'd be a great model anywhere! I mean, Vancouver isn't much bigger than Hellmouth, but you're way prettier than anyone from there! Or from Portland or Seattle!" My rapid fire talking isn't helping at all, is it?

Turn on, 2d6+4=16

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I follow the sounds of talking and it leads me straight to Riley and Sunny. Perfect, both of them are here already. I would have hated having to wait, it's no fun to be alone on a rainy day, even if the rain is more of a drizzle now. Good for now, but hopefully it will pick back up once we're inside someplace, rain makes the atmosphere so much more... intimate~

Since Sunny is on the one side, it only makes sense that I move up on Riley's other side. I've been told that I'm too sneaky, but really I just think people don't pay enough attention. It's not like I try to sneak up on people, it just happens that they don't notice me until I'm there. Not my problem.

"Having fun you two? Sorry if I'm late, had to take a phone call. Now that we're all here, I think that means we're ready to go have some fun."

Lots of fun, if I have my way~

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Eesh, calm down, Sherman. What is she even... oh god, I get it now. She heard about Casey, didn't she? And she suddenly realized how she's coming across snapping pictures of me. She's probably worried I'm gonna take it the wrong way and start making out with her or something. Not that that sounds like such a horrible idea. She's adorable in that kind of preciously innocent kinda way and I bet kissing her would be amaz -- Anne's arrival thankfully snaps me out of my wandering thoughts before I spend too much time adoringly looking at Sherman babbling like a complete idiot. Unlike Sunny, Anne always seems fully aware of what she's saying and how it could be interpreted. I think she just enjoys peoples' reactions to being so unashamed. It's what this place needs, really. Some shaking up and keeping people on their toes.

"S'cool." I say and flick my mostly-smoked cigarette into a nearby puddle. It's impossible to have a proper smoke in this weather anyway. Yet another reason this place sucks. "Any of you ladies happen to have a car? My place isn't far but this drizzle is starting to soak into my brain."

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

"I'm afraid not." Why would I ever bother with a car when I can just take a shortcut through the Heartlands? I would just do that now, but I can't take these two there. Not yet.

A quick shuffle through my bag finds my umbrella, it's not really meant for more than one person, the drawback of portability, but something tells me neither Sunny or Riley will abject too much to squeezing together under it. The real problem is who's going to be in the middle. If I'm in the middle, I definitely win, but is that really what needs to happen right now? No, I think not. While I am looking to score here, the long term goal is to help Sunny get together with Riley more permanently. But right now, Riley is interested in me. Hmm. As tempting as the idea of Sunny in between the two of us is, I think the best choice would be Riley. It keeps her close to me, which will keep her mind in the right places, and it puts her and Sunny together. Everyone wins!

"I do have an umbrella." I pull it from my bag. "But we'd all have to share~" I finish with a teasing tone as I open it up to show how small it is. Gotta keep the mood right after all~

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Anne, Riley and Sunny
"Hey, Riley, manage to go the rest of the day without beating the poo poo out of anyone else?" It's Lisa, car keys in one hand, what looks like an ecig in the other. This impression is confirmed as she takes a deep puff from it, exhaling a cloud of menthol-scented vapor. "Bet you had a great time with Bailey." She's already walking past you, headed for her car, which is on the other side of the parking lot. Standing next to it is... Spencer? None of you can really recall those two being particularly buddy buddy. They just sit next to each other in homeroom and never talk to anyone.

Sunny
Just as Lisa walks past and gives some snide little remark over that thing that was totally not Riley's fault, your phone vibrates in your pocket.

Spencer
Oh, here's Lisa. She passes by the three girls on the other side of the parking lot, but it's too far away to make out what she's saying anyway. She's giving you a sort of lazy wave with the hand holding her keys.

Really sorry about the delay, it was not a good week this past week. Will try to resume normally scheduled updates.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 3/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: -

"I have a licence, but now car... At least its not dumping water like this morning." Ugh, I must sound so lame. Anne produces an umbrella, which reminds me that I also have one. It might have broken from this morning's downpour but it'd keep this drizzle off well enough, and we wouldn't have to be squeezed up tight under the umbrella. I don't mention it. "Sounds good to me!" I chime in brightly, moving to take the umbrella and the center position. Until Lisa comes and is totally rude to Riley! And my phone starts going off. Ugh, I'll check it in a second, I have something more important to do! "Shut up Lisa! It's not Riley's fault that Larry decided to be a total dick to her in the middle of class!"

<godfish> shut down Lisa (true love~)
<godfish> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> godfish, 12 = 12
<godfish> :O
I shall take a string on Lisa!

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

I'm about to snap at Lisa, something along the lines of 'There's still time' or something that's probably just going to proof her right in her assumptions when Sunny cuts me off. Probably for the better, even if it's always kinda lame to try and justify yourself, but hey, she's sticking up for me so that's nice. And it kept me from digging myself a deeper hole, although I can't stop myself from flipping Lisa off. Too bad I already got rid of my cigarette or I could have flicked it at her pretentious vaping self. Instead I just turn to Sherman with an approving grin. "Look at that, the puppy has teeth." I wrap one arm around her shoulder and pull her in for a side-hug that also maneuvers me under the umbrella and gives me an excuse to stick close to Sunny.

10:34 SuddenC Krysm, don't fail me now
10:34 SuddenC Turn on Sunny
10:34 SuddenC !roll 2d6-1
10:34 Krysmbot SuddenC, 5-1 = 4
Whelp

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Harm: 0/4 Exp: 3/5 Conditions: Drained

While Sunny sticks up for Riley (good girl, get yourself in there) I'm more than a bit intrigued by just who Lisa is with. Why on earth is Spencer doing anything with a girl like Lisa? And why is she doing anything with him? Interesting, interesting. Looks like my plans for the walk are slightly off, but oh well. I'm certainly not going to complain about being the bread in Sunny sandwich~

While we sort out our spots for the walk, I take the opportunity to dip into the Heartlands again, just that little bit that lets me see where peoples feelings are going. This Lisa/Spencer thing is far too interesting to miss out on. I wouldn't be able to properly enjoy my time with Riley and Sunny if I didn't look into this now. Something tells me that I might not be the only one that's looking for a little love today~

(12:10:33 PM) ShootaBoy: Gaze About Lisa and Spencer
(12:10:33 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+1
(12:10:34 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 10+1 = 11
Visions are lucid and detailed, and they cure me of Drained. Marking XP for Dark.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

XP: 3/5 | Conditions: None | Harm: 0/4

Did they really have to bring that back up? I always thought Sunny was kind of a nice girl -- the time I, uh, went over to her place, she seemed really nice -- so I don't know what to make of her lashing out at Lisa over what Riley did. Not that Lisa maybe should have said that, but... no. I really don't want this to be happening this way. It reminds me of those bad days when I'd start getting sick again, when I thought that everything was going well, and... I try to chase that feeling down. Things can still be okay, right? Things can still be okay. I try to promise that to myself, try to believe it.

I step towards Lisa, keeping my voice low. "Lisa? Uh... you're not wrong, Riley's a huge jerk, but... can we just drop it for now? Try to have a good time and let her be?" I know I sound a little on edge, maybe a little desperate, but... I just want things to be nice. Peaceful. Maybe just have a good day. Everything's going to get bad and complicated soon enough -- I feel it in my gut, where I shouldn't feel anything now, but it's still there -- but maybe I can just have one. Nice. Day.

Manipulate Lisa to drop it and smooth things over: 2d6-1 7
What does she want from me? And marking XP for Hot, since it's a new scene and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Everyone
Lisa was prepared for a comeback from Riley. She clearly wasn't prepared for something from Sunny, and definitely not that forceful. She jerks her head back, blinking in surprise. "Fine. Whatever," she mutters, slumping her shoulders as she actually speeds up a little, heading toward Spencer. She says something to him, but it's too quiet for the rest of you to hear.

Anne
You can see the way that Lisa's aura is reaching out to caress Spencer that Lisa is interested in him, and not just to hang out with. This might be something she's been nursing for a while and only just now is going ahead with, or it might be a spur of the moment thing. Either way, she definitely has some hopes for later in this evening.

Spencer, though, his aura is trailing off in another direction, twining distantly with... oh, now that is a familiar one. It looks like there's a bit of a love triangle here -- Larry certainly moved on from Riley quickly enough.

Riley
Let me sit on this hard move for a little bit.

Spencer
"... yeah, you're right," Lisa mutters, drawing close to you. You're already doing what she wants; you're offering her a way out of this conversation she regrets starting.

Sunny
Your phone buzzes again. Someone's still texting you. This is just the worst timing, isn't it?

• Locked thread