Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile: -1 Dark: 1
Harm:0/4 Exp: 1/5 Conditions: Drained

Oh Larry. It was something so simple, just letting me borrow some notes, and you forgot. Now I would have just shrugged it off, this once, since he's such a busy guy, but he had to say those magical words. 'I promise'. So now it's personal. But before I can revenge myself, I have to decide where I'm going to sit. Hmm... as tempting as the back looks, Sunny and Riley look so much more fun. Sunny is fresh and new which is always exciting, and I've caught Riley's eye wandering my way quite a bit lately. So yes, I think they'll be excellent neighbors.

I slide into the seat in front of Sunny, such a lovely name, and give both her and Riley a good morning while I settle in, but leaving them to their conversation otherwise. Plenty of time to chat after I figure out how to deal with Larry. Not really traditionally popular, but made his own by being in so many extracurriculars. All of the 'nerdy' ones though. Hmm... I wonder if he has his eye on someone? That could work. Oh yes, I think that will do nicely. I let myself sink into the Heartlands, just a tiny bit, just enough to see people's connections.

I say connections, but I suppose their feelings would be a closer fit, but it's not in the way most people think of feelings. This is seeing their personality and seeing who and what it reaches out to. Larry's is a nice yellow, with just a hint of black in it. How appropriate for such a busy little bee. Now let's follow these threads and see if they lead to a special someone.

(10:21:56 PM) ShootaBoy: Gaze About Larry
(10:21:56 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+1
(10:21:57 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 7+1 = 8
Lucid and detailed visions, but I gain Drained. Marking XP for Dark.

Anne Jean Walton posted:

Skin: The Fae
Look: Disheveled, Laughing Eyes
Origin: Fae Blooded

Hot 2
Cold -1
Volatile -1
Dark 1

Moves:

Faery Contract
If someone breaks a promise or contract made to you, take a String on them. When spending a String to even out the score and get justice on a broken promise, add these options:
- They gently caress up something simple at a crucial moment;
- Add 2 to your roll on an act of vengeance;
- They suffer 1 harm, whether the cause is obvious or not.

Unashamed
You can give someone a String on you to add 3 to your attempt to turn them on.

Sex Move
When you lie naked with another, you can ask them for a promise. If they refuse, take 2 Strings on them.

Darkest Self
Everything you say is a promise. Everything you hear is a promise. If a promise is broken, justice must be wrought in blood. To escape your Darkest Self, you must in some way re-balance the scales of justice.

Advances

code:
[Larry__] [_______] [_______] [_______] [Stan___] [Dakota_]
[Casey__] [_______] [Anne___] [Joey___] [_______] [_______]
[Debora_] [Riley__] [Sunny_S] [Ryan___] [_______] [Lisa___]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Whew. That was a bit more tiring than usual. Probably from the weather, rain is one thing and this is a bit past that. But this is something I never expected. The busy bee likes the ocean blue, who would have thought? This changes my plans a bit, Riley has such good taste, it just wouldn't do to set her up with someone like Larry, even for a minute. Oh well, I'm sure I can think of something even better.

Oh. Oh. Yes, I think that will do nicely. Some days I almost shock myself with my cleverness. Paper, pen, and a minute of my time and I've got a note written up for the busy little bee. Oh yes, this will work just fine.

note to Larry posted:

I know who you like~ I can help you out, if you want. She likes funny guys, try making a joke about that time she smelled like fish, she always talks about how funny that was after it was over.

A few quick folds and the note is passed off through the rows. This will be fun to watch.

(11:23:59 PM) ShootaBoy: Manipulate Larry
(11:23:59 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(11:24:00 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 5+2 = 7
Dang. I was hoping for a 10.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

He takes the bait, just lie I knew he would. Now how do I seal the deal here? Hmm. It shouldn't take much, just one last little push. I flip the note to the other side and prepare to set justice in motion.

Anne's Note posted:

Time has a way of making you see the funny parts of anything. And trust me here, it will work. I promise you that you'll have her undivided attention~ Just remember, fortune favors the bold.

And away the note goes, a little ship on the waves of foolishly placed trust. Hopefully he'll learn a lesson from this. 'Don't break a promise' or maybe 'don't trust someone who you just broke a promise to'. But sadly, he probably won't learn a thing, judging by how quickly and easily he forgot a promise.

Oh well, not my problem~

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Harm: 0/4 Exp: 1/5 Conditions: Drained

Oh this went even better than I planned! Bless Sunny for playing her unexpected part so beautifully, it really made this into something spectacular. I should find some way to thank her later. So much for your crush, busy bee~ Maybe you'll think twice before you make a promise so lightly.

While everyone's attention is on Riley punching and yelling, I slip out of my seat, looking like I'm just getting out of the way of the 'fight'. Really I'm scooping the note off of Larry's desk, neatly allowing me to deny any involvement. All Larry has in his defense is his word, and I don't think Riley will be listening to that any time soon. Or ever. But now justice has been done, and a bargain broken has been avenged. A good start to the day, if I may say so~

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Harm: 0/4 Exp: 2/5 Conditions: Drained

Oh dear, how do I describe this to such a... fettered mind? Hmm. I suppose a somewhat accurate description would have me telling you to imagine a... a swirling pillar of green-blue, about as tall as your elbow to the end of your fist. Now encase that pillar in a maelstrom of twigs, sticks, leaves, mud, dirt, rocks, and anything else you'd find on the forest floor. Picture that maelstrom forming into faces, expressions, and limbs as needed for a conversation. It's not an entirely accurate description, but since you can't see and understand the real thing, it will have to do. And please, try not to interrupt like that dear, it breaks the flow, don't you know. Now where was I? Ah, yes.

Such wonderful execution, shame that Riley reacted how she did though. Words could have cut him down just as well. She's a clever girl, I'm sure she'll find a way to escape a punishment. I can't dwell on her too much anyway, sine I have a more pressing thing to deal with now. Everyone is still moving around chaotically, all attention focused on either Larry or gossiping, so I neatly seat myself on the table next to Tvisq, looking to all the world like another person watching the drama unfold.

"Oh please, dear friend, no need to brag to cover up your deficiencies and insecurities. We both know you're not capable of such degrees of subtlety, no need to be ashamed of it."

(2:00:15 PM) ShootaBoy: Shut Down Tvisq
(2:00:15 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6-1
(2:00:16 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 7-1 = 6
Dammit. Marking Xp for Cold.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Hmm, that's not ideal. I could haed over and have a chat with Stan, but something tells me he wouldn't feel very inclined to talk to me right now. I'll just have to remember to have one later, he might act like he wants nothing to do with me, but I know. I know he can't get rid of his feelings for me that easily. So I'm sure we can work something out later. For now I'll just have to find something else to do. Sunny seems to be the only really interesting person left, since Riley has been taken away, so I might as well get to know her a little bit better. She is new here after all, she could probably use another friend.

I make my way back to my seat now that the action has died down to find Sunny nosing around in Riley's things. I vaguely recall Riley telling her to watch her things for her, so good job Riley, picking someone so dedicated. I watch her for a moment before speaking.

"Everything accounted for?"

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

She jumps when she hears my question. Understandable really. From what I've seen, Sunny is a focused girl, so of course she'd put all of her attention to making sure her friends things were all there. Such a good friend she is. How lucky for Riley that that they became friends, I know that I'd've looked after her things for her, but I was a bit busy at the time, so it's good that she had Sunny.

She gestures and asks how I feel about what just happened with Larry. Well that's a fun question to answer, isn't it?

"Oh how terrible that must have been for poor Riley. I wonder why he thought that would make her like him? Everyone knows she hates that story, so maybe he was just being mean and he said that to cover it up. Who really knows what was going through his head." I stop for a second, as if I was struck by a sudden thought. "Oh and you can't blame yourself for egging him on, dear. You never could have known about it, being new here and all. So please, don't feel bad over this, sadness doesn't suit such a pretty face."

During my little beseechment, my hand developed a mind of it's own and wandered over onto one of Sunny's. As I mention her pretty face, it returns to me, dragging a couple fingers across the back of her hand along the way. Such a pretty name.

(10:52:56 PM) ShootaBoy: Turn On Sunny
(10:52:56 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(10:52:57 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 9+2 = 11
String get!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

She really is adorable. Just look at how red and flustered she gets after just a bit of teasing. Dropping accidental double entendres all over the place. Just adorable, even as soaked as she is. Actually, that might make her look even better, now that I really look at it. Anyway, she's asking for some help, and what kind of faery would I be if I didn't help someone in their hour of need?

"Of course, of course." I dig through my bag for a second, emerging with a small towel. It's not full size, but it's bigger than washcloth, a lovely mossy green. I hand it to Sunny and smile. "Hopefully this will do, dear." I pause for a moment and look towards the front of the room before turning back to Sunny.

"Actually Sunny, maybe we could head to the bathroom, since Ms. Spooler is out? I've got some emergency beauty supplies, and we can get you fixed up better than you looked before your impromptu shower. Though I have to say, you wear rainwater chic very well."

I grab my bag and stand up, looking back at her with a smile and silent invitation.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Mmmm, it looks like someone's not just a pretty face... Lucky me~

I take her wet clothes from her and do my best to air them out under the hand dryers. I don't have a very large amount of success, but kind of damp is better than soaking, right? Of course it is. While I'm working on her clothes, I keep sneaking peeks of Sunny drying herself off. Let's run through what we've got here. She's nice, a loyal friend, lovely face, a very nice body, and she lights up like a forest with just a little bit of teasing. Yes, I think I quite like her.

With her sort of dried clothes in one hand, I move up behind her as she dries herself off and put my free hand on her shoulder.

"I think I've got them as dry as they're going to get with these things. No need to thank me for this, by the way. I couldn't let you sit there soaking wet all day, after all. That would be just a terrible thing to do to a friend, don't you think? And speaking of friends, maybe after school you, Riley, and me can find a nice cozy place out of this rain and... warm it up a bit."

As I talk, my hand slowly traces across her shoulders and back. Let's see just how red she can get~

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

The answer is very. She is just too adorable, I swear. I think that I'll keep her, something tells me that she'll make interesting things happen. Really that's just a bonus alongside how cute she is, but I don't need justify myself to anyone but me, so ha ha. OF course she immediately confirms what I thought, about her being interesting.

If I was even slightly in doubt of Sunny's preferences (I wasn't), that question just confirmed it. And to seal it with a bow, she has a thing for Riley, this is just too perfect. I already know the answer to her question, and it's yes and/or probably, going by the times I've seen Riley looking at me. I've really hit the goldmine here, I must say. Today is going to be a very fun day.

"Well that certainly perked you up, hmm? What if I told you that I'm almost certain she is?" I smile at her, time for the coup de grace, I feel. I rest my head on her shoulder and whisper seductively in her ear, "And what would you say if I told you I was serious about the three of us sneaking off after school today?"

(11:16:26 AM) ShootaBoy: Turn on Sunny
(11:16:26 AM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(11:16:27 AM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 10+2 = 12
drat. I guess I get a non-existent string.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Oh? I pull back slightly at her words.I take a moment to study her carefully, setting her body aside. Well... she's not lying, I can tell, it's a fae thing. Now this, this changes some things. This is something real. Real and beautiful. Love, true love, oh! It must have been at first sight, that's how it always is. And poor Sunny was stuck wondering if the love of her life even liked girls, the poor thing! I have to help her. Something like this needs to be carefully cared for, so that it can grow and prosper and bloom to its fullest beauty!

I step out from behind Sunny, moving so that I'm in front of her, face to face. My free hand reaches out and cups her cheek, softly, like a leaf embracing the forest floor. I look into Sunny's eyes and say, "I do. We'll have our fun today, and then we'll go from there ok? We'll get the two of you together long term, just you wait." I give her another smile, and offer her her clothes.

"Now you should probably get dressed so we can get back before we're missed dear."

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

"Oh don't worry Sunny, I'm sure you will. For now let's just get back to class. Then we'll figure out how to get Riley along for our little... rendezvous."

With another smile, I turn and lead us back to the classroom, with, dare I say, a bit of a saunter in my step that just so happens to emphasize my butt. Purely accidental of course, not at all for the person behind me~

I can feel the little line of her promise connecting us. Tying the two of us together. Sunny really is something special. Loyal to friend to the one she loves, and now she's making such grand promises to me. What a wonderful person, I'm truly lucky to have met her. Today is shaping up to be a wonderful day.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

"I'll help as well. It can't even be considered your fault really. Everyone knows you hate that story, so I'm not sure what he was expecting to happen."

I' m glad to see Riley back in class, so soon. It means that she probably didn't get in much trouble, if any, which means good things for this afternoon. It'd be kind of hard to sneak off with both Sunny and Riley if one of them was in detention. And speaking of Sunny and Riley, it looks like Sunny's made a little move of her own. Good girl, feeling her out, taking some initiative. Now I just need to get myself invited along to their already planned hanging out, and then we'll see what happens~

"While you were out, Sunny mentioned that the two of you are going to be hanging out after school. Do you think that maybe I could tag along? It's no fun being alone when the weather is like this, you know? It's much better when you have a few people to huddle under a warm blanket with. But I'll understand if you say no, three is a crowd after all."

I end with a teasing smile, playing off of my blanket comment. I've seen how she looks at me, and I'm never wrong about these things. Just look at how it went with Sunny.

(1:39:24 PM) ShootaBoy: Turn On Riley
(1:39:24 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+2
(1:39:26 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 7+2 = 9
Self/Promise/Imaginary String?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I practically skip through the rest of the day, finding real, true love will do that to a girl, even if it's not her love. Plus there's also the fun with Sunny and Riley to look forward to. Yes it's been a great day, and while the call I got doesn't ruin it, it does tamp my joy down somewhat. Hearing from your relatives will do that to a girl.

It was my Aunt Steff, my mother's sister, though not in the same sense that humans use the word. It's a Fae thing, too complicated for you to understand. Suffice to say that she's family and that it was very shocking to get a phonecall from her, last I saw of her she said she was going to try out some human things, but I didn't think the telephone would be one of them. I didn't catch all of what she said, she might have been calling from the Heartlands actually, but she mentioned something about her passing through my neck of the woods sometime soon. Difficult to say say when soon is for us faeries, it could actually be soon, or it could weeks away, possible even a few hundred years. Time is such a flexible thing, after all.

So yes, that's somewhat worrisome. You'd probably say it qualifies as disastrous or something much more dire than 'somewhat worrisome', but really, what's the use in worrying about something that you can't do anything about, and that may not come to pass until everything in Hellmouth is dead and gone? There is none! So for now, I'm going to enjoy my successful revenge, and look forward to my time with Riley and Sunny. Today is a good day~

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I follow the sounds of talking and it leads me straight to Riley and Sunny. Perfect, both of them are here already. I would have hated having to wait, it's no fun to be alone on a rainy day, even if the rain is more of a drizzle now. Good for now, but hopefully it will pick back up once we're inside someplace, rain makes the atmosphere so much more... intimate~

Since Sunny is on the one side, it only makes sense that I move up on Riley's other side. I've been told that I'm too sneaky, but really I just think people don't pay enough attention. It's not like I try to sneak up on people, it just happens that they don't notice me until I'm there. Not my problem.

"Having fun you two? Sorry if I'm late, had to take a phone call. Now that we're all here, I think that means we're ready to go have some fun."

Lots of fun, if I have my way~

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

"I'm afraid not." Why would I ever bother with a car when I can just take a shortcut through the Heartlands? I would just do that now, but I can't take these two there. Not yet.

A quick shuffle through my bag finds my umbrella, it's not really meant for more than one person, the drawback of portability, but something tells me neither Sunny or Riley will abject too much to squeezing together under it. The real problem is who's going to be in the middle. If I'm in the middle, I definitely win, but is that really what needs to happen right now? No, I think not. While I am looking to score here, the long term goal is to help Sunny get together with Riley more permanently. But right now, Riley is interested in me. Hmm. As tempting as the idea of Sunny in between the two of us is, I think the best choice would be Riley. It keeps her close to me, which will keep her mind in the right places, and it puts her and Sunny together. Everyone wins!

"I do have an umbrella." I pull it from my bag. "But we'd all have to share~" I finish with a teasing tone as I open it up to show how small it is. Gotta keep the mood right after all~

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Harm: 0/4 Exp: 3/5 Conditions: Drained

While Sunny sticks up for Riley (good girl, get yourself in there) I'm more than a bit intrigued by just who Lisa is with. Why on earth is Spencer doing anything with a girl like Lisa? And why is she doing anything with him? Interesting, interesting. Looks like my plans for the walk are slightly off, but oh well. I'm certainly not going to complain about being the bread in Sunny sandwich~

While we sort out our spots for the walk, I take the opportunity to dip into the Heartlands again, just that little bit that lets me see where peoples feelings are going. This Lisa/Spencer thing is far too interesting to miss out on. I wouldn't be able to properly enjoy my time with Riley and Sunny if I didn't look into this now. Something tells me that I might not be the only one that's looking for a little love today~

(12:10:33 PM) ShootaBoy: Gaze About Lisa and Spencer
(12:10:33 PM) ShootaBoy: !r 2d6+1
(12:10:34 PM) Krysmbot: ShootaBoy, 10+1 = 11
Visions are lucid and detailed, and they cure me of Drained. Marking XP for Dark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Harm: 0/4 Exp: 3/5 Conditions:

Ha ha~ Look who's right yet again~ Me, that's who. And my being right yet again, has let me discover a wellspring of interesting emotions and feelings. Looks like the busy bee found himself a new flower to buzz at, and so soon! And even better, it's with Spencer, who has apparently caught the attention of one Lisa. Oh this is too good! The busy bee is trying to catch the soft breeze, while the breeze is getting ready to get carried off by the pull of the swift brook! Ohhh, for just a second I wish that I weren't busy with Riley and Sunny, just so that I could follow this with the degree of attention it deserves. But! Then that moment is gone. Maybe if I'm lucky (I always am~) their little maelstrom will take some time before it's ready.

The soft thwaps of the rain on my umbrella make a lovely accompaniment to the soft plaps and thuds of the three of us walking. Dear Sunny is busy on her phone, which leaves me to chat with Riley. And just maybe plant a few ideas for what we could be doing later~

"So Riley, does your band have any groupies? My dad's told me a few stories from when he used to be a roadie back in the day~"

My tone and the look I give her are more than enough for her to understand what those stories were about and what I'm hinting at. Never mind that he never actually got anymore detailed than 'yeah, some of the groupies were pretty crazy, really wanted to meet the band'. I think everyone knows exactly what rockstar groupies get up to~

Turn On Riley: 2d6+2 12
String get!

• Locked thread