Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

wow i want to pummel that guys face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Jeesis posted:

But it's low power and super-secure!

https://youtu.be/2ruBvHHlVF4

russian hackers going after hipsters now

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Bluetooth is mega secure

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

how can you hack...that....which does not work?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ahmeni posted:

OP are you saying you had a system where the printer would be able to interact with multiple devices but it turns out to not be as great as people made it out to be

cause this seems like a recurring theme for you

gently caress mate

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I bought a Canon laser printer after being dumb enough to buy an HP and the Canon is just as garbage.

The wireless printing works until inevitably I get a message on the Canon that says "ipv4 address has changed" or something. Then it won't work again unless I reset the printer to factory settings and reinstall the printer on all the computers again.

Even more amazing is I hardwired it to my router and it still does this.

Help

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Aug 16, 2016

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Wireless printing is a trash fire, I agree. But I never really got the point of making the printer (a device not known for moving around frequently) connect via wireless (a networking method explicitly designed for clients that move).

Just connect it to the goddamn router (RJ45 or USB, either way). How many times do your move your loving printer?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Red Square Bear posted:

Wireless printing is a trash fire, I agree. But I never really got the point of making the printer (a device not known for moving around frequently) connect via wireless (a networking method explicitly designed for clients that move).

Just connect it to the goddamn router (RJ45 or USB, either way). How many times do your move your loving printer?

HOME USERS

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Red Square Bear posted:

I did this and it still doesn't work properly. See my post right before yours.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Red Square Bear posted:

you still need a good printer for that, i tried all combinations of sharing with a Samsung ML-1660 and it never worked because its a piece of poo poo

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Jeesis posted:

:stare:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

echinopsis posted:

I challenge anyone to bring a worse product to the table

palm pre

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Red Square Bear posted:

where my router is is NO WHERE near where my printers shoulkd be

im gonna cat5 to the nearbby compy and connect them to that and do normal network printing I thj9nik

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

triple sulk posted:

your posting

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
also i have a wireless laser printer at home and it works fine op perhaps you're printer is a piece of poo poo?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jeesis posted:

mac users are the worst

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Migishu posted:

also i have a wireless laser printer at home and it works fine op perhaps you're printer is a piece of poo poo?

it used to work ok until I got a second user

also Mac could never deal with it well

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
why would you print? just send it to the clod. so simple

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

triple sulk posted:

your posting

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Migishu posted:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sweevo posted:

laserjet 4+ supremacy

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
when i was a lad we had a laserjet series 2 at home and it worked great for all years. some time in the far future we added a network print server thing plug-in to the router that plugged into the serial jack or whatever and it continues its long service. eventually it got decommissioned when the room was repurposed, but over all tat time i dont remember it bugging out or breaking or whatever. at work we have a officejet pro somethingorother that works alright cept sometimes print jobs get trapped in cyberspace and come out at some unknown time in the future; sometimes entire weeks. sometimes it needs reboot for it to reconnect to the network after some sort of bug. its cool.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the big copy machine (B&W copystar...) has a big plug zone for a network card. been thinking of buy 1 on ebay or w/e. i bet the big commercial badassness of the Big Copy Machine works good all years.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
pc load letter?!?!

lmao

good one, op

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I bought a Canon laser printer after being dumb enough to buy an HP and the Canon is just as garbage.

The wireless printing works until inevitably I get a message on the Canon that says "ipv4 address has changed" or something. Then it won't work again unless I reset the printer to factory settings and reinstall the printer on all the computers again.

Even more amazing is I hardwired it to my router and it still does this.

Help

you can keep climbing that ladder and go hp > canon > smausung?? panasonci"???? > ?? > brother or you could just get rid of that trash and buy a brother

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

ahmeni posted:

OP are you saying you had a system where the printer would be able to interact with multiple devices but it turns out to not be as great as people made it out to be

cause this seems like a recurring theme for you

jesus christ

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
yahoo toolbar

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

looks like you got the Wrong OS. Consider upgrading to Windows 10.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I print the 3 personal things I like to print a year from my employers printer. it is a huge konika thing that can even scan and send the scan directly to my work non farm related email address and its rad but it is stupidly big for some reason why do they need to have such huge enterprise printers?

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Red Square Bear posted:

yep especially since you can just place the printer next to your desktop, like the one place where you might ever want to print something

also the older hp/brother monochrome laser printer will be the one computer related thing that you will never have to replace as you go from pwning your brother in doom mp to punching demons in doom (2016)

laserjet 4 still works under windows 10 through a virtulusb port thing and a parallel-usb converter

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Encrypted posted:

laserjet 4 still works under windows 10 through a virtulusb port thing and a parallel-usb converter

or get a jetdirect card

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
hp officejet pro 8210 via ethernet is okay

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Wild EEPROM posted:

yahoo toolbar

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
i used my laserjet 4 for almost twenty years before i had to get a cheapass brother laser printer for twosided printing and holy poo poo the laserjet is slow as gently caress lol gently caress that poo poo pabst blue ribbon. anyways wireless printing SUCKS cause i want to print from idevices but my printer has to be apple wireless certified to do that?? what the hell crapple.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

triple sulk posted:

your posting

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i had a laserjet 4p+ that i liked but the rollers wore out and on that model you have to basically take half the drat thing apart to replace the rollers, so i said 'gently caress that, three pages a minute isn't worth that effort'

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the google .. chrome print ... thing .. works pretty deece. never outright broke but sometimes it lags like hell so u think its broke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

Aix posted:

i used my laserjet 4 for almost twenty years before i had to get a cheapass brother laser printer for twosided printing and holy poo poo the laserjet is slow as gently caress lol gently caress that poo poo pabst blue ribbon. anyways wireless printing SUCKS cause i want to print from idevices but my printer has to be apple wireless certified to do that?? what the hell crapple.

install cups

• Locked thread