Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Last thread got gassed but The Nerd is nowhere near finished, so here's the AVGN Thread Mk. II!

Who is the Angry Video Game Nerd?

I'm very surprised you've been on the internet in the last 10 years and haven't heard of him, but whatever! The Angry Video Game Nerd, or AVGN for short, is the alter ego of James Rolfe, film maker and movie critic. The AVGN started as an inside joke between James and a few of his friends back in 2004 as a one-off called the Angry Nintendo Nerd.

The basic premise is that James plays a grumpy, shut-in nerd who feels that it's his responsibility to find and review every lovely game ever made. As of the writing of this post, he has released 140 episodes in the past 10 years. New episodes plus full archives are released here: http://cinemassacre.com/category/avgn/

Who gives a flying poo poo gently caress?
There is certainly no shortage of video game critics on the Internet, and let's face it, every single one of them is an angry nerd. Well, for better or for worse, we have James to thank for that, because he was the first. James started uploading videos to YouTube in 2006 when it was a relatively small video sharing site. By uploading well produced and thoughtful content on a regular basis that is more often funny and insightful than it is bad, the AVGN began to grow in popularity, developing a small but loyal fan base of nerds. To date, his YouTube channel has 888,173,237 views, 2,125,792 subscribers, and 808 videos uploaded.

James has also had the prescience to grow with his fanbase. For example: one of the Nerd's signature characteristics is that he's crass. He curses very heavily in every video and revels in making up childish and disgusting insults to hurl at the games that he play. While he still does that to a certain extent, James has toned it down tremendously over the course of the years, even commenting on it a few times in character and mentioning that it's not really that funny anymore. In 2006, a grown man screaming obscenities at a child's game was funny. Now, unfortunately, it's the norm.

Also, and perhaps most importantly, James is a film maker and a die-hard cinema buff, and a video game fan second. After the AVGN character began to gain popularity online, he started directing people towards his true pride and joy, Cinemassacre.

What is Cinemassacre?
Cinemassacre is the name of James's production company. Cinemassacre started out as a one man show in which James did 99% of the work: writing, directing, acting, editing, producing, etc. Several short films, mostly horror and comedy, have been released, as well as one full length feature film, Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie. But typically if people in this thread are referring to Cinemassacre, we're referring to http://cinemassacre.com/, which is where all of his weekly content is released (in addition to YouTube, but the cool kids go to Cinemassacre directly)

Cinemassacre "Staff"

James Rolfe (aka The Angry Video Game Nerd aka Board James)
James is the founder of Cinemassacre, duh. You'll see him most regularly on James and Mike Mondays, but every other week or so he'll release movie reviews, short films, and of course the occasional AVGN episode. He's also the mastermind behind Board James and Monster Madness (see below for more on those).

Mike Matei (aka Motherfucker Mike)
Mike Matei and James became friends in college after discovering that they both had many hobbies in common, most notably classic video games and movies. After years of helping out with behind the scenes editing and writing, Mike is featured more and more prominently as time goes on and he gets more comfortable in front of the camera. He now works full time for Cinemassacre and is the co-star of James and Mike Mondays, Mike and Ryan - Talk About Games, and Mike & Bootsy

Mike used to get on everybody's nerves, but as he's grown up and we've seen more of him, most now regard him as a genuine (albiet sometimes slow) and entertaining guy to watch.

Bootsy (aka Bad Luck Bootsy)
Bootsy also went to college with James and Mike and is a frequent guest on Cinemassacre's various shows. Boosty is probably the most skilled of the CInemassacre crew, constantly setting high scores and beating notoriously tough video games like Battletoads. He's also a drat fine musician and singer in his own right.

Bootsy is the chillest. One poster in the last thread alluded to "a kind of mystery" that shrouds Bootsy, and I think they nailed it with that description. He's like the ultra-cool older brother you never had.

Ryan
Ryan Schott is the site admin for Cinemassacre and a decent gamer himself. His typical contribution to Cinemassacre content is as the co-host of Mike and Ryan - Talk About Games. It's easy to be skeptical of newcomers to the Cinemassacre team, but all agree that Ryan knows what he's talking about when it comes to games, and he's pretty funny too.

Other frequent guests

Kyle Justin - Writer and performer of the now famous AVGN Theme Song. Sometimes comes around to play multiplayer games or do a guest spot in an AVGN video. Pretty funny guy.

Kevin Finn - High school friend of James and the co script writer for the AVGN Movie. Has also guest starred in some multiplayer J&MMs and some AVGN episodes.

The Nostalgia Critic - A terrible and unfunny hack; just skip the videos he's in. Amusingly enough, you can easily see Mike's utter contempt for this guy when they're on screen together.

JonTron - Co-founder of Game Grumps. Has appeared in a few J&MM episodes plus some random movie reviews. He's alright; not great, not terrible.

AlphaOmegaSin - Somewhat lame metalhead that curses like an 8 year old trying to impress his friends. Some people can't stand him but he's really not that bad imo. Fortunately he's only been in a few videos.

Content released by Cinemassacre on a regular basis

James & Mike Mondays
James and his best friend/Cinemassacre lackey Mike Matei sit down to casually play a game. Results very wildly.

Mike and Ryan - Talk About Games
Mike Mttei is joined by Cinemassacre's site admin Ryan Schott. They typically talk about newer games, especially of the indie variety. Mostly PC but also some mobile and console in there too.

Mike & Bootsy
Just what it says on the tin - Mike and Bootsy sit down to play. They tend to choose old school Atari games to play, so this show is great if that's your thing. As mentioned above, Bootsy is naturally talented at all games so you can usually expect to see some decent game play on this show.

Board James
Currently on hiatus; it's the only board game review show that I know of. In addition to showcasing board games from the 80's and 90's, it begins to take on a life and mythology of its own, which should come as no surprise if you know a thing or two about James. Highly entertaining.

Monster Madness
Monster Madness is a national treasure. In 2007, James decided to review one horror movie per day in October, choosing his top 31 most iconic horror movies. It was so well received that he decided to do it again in 08. This October will mark Year 10 of Monster Madness, and unfortunately it will be the last one*. If you consider yourself a fan of horror movies, you probably already know about Monster Madness. But if not, click that link and dive right in my friend.
*James says that Monster Madness will live on in some form, but one video per day, or even one video every other day has become too much to keep up with every year.

gently caress! That's a lot of content!
Yes it is! To help you get started, here are some of the best and/or most memorable Cinemassacre videos.

Early AVGN: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on NES
Rare Console Review AVGN: Sega CD
The Nerd gets cinematic: The AVGN Christmas Carol
Newer AVGN: Seaman for Dreamcast
And of course, the Angry Video Game Nerd Movie

Early Board James: Weapons and Warriors
Cinematic Board James: Mr. Bucket
The Best Board James: Dream Phone

Don't forget about aaaaaall the other content on this site, including over 300 movie reviews, dozens of Top 10 videos, commentaries, interviews, and so much more.

Post some of your favorite Cinemassacre content and I'll try to add them in the second post when I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Reserved.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Woo, thanks for the new thread, I was legitimately missing the old one, aside from the last few pages of 'discussion'.

Please, let's not go down that road again :ohdear:

Also, Dragon in my Dreams deserves to be listed in the OP, because it's fantastic. :colbert:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I have watched all of the AVGN episodes, and enjoyed some of his Board James, and Mike and James segments, but never actually watched his movie.

Just found out it's free on Amazon Prime if anyone else has prime and was curious about it.

However the first game with the death blocks killed all enjoyment I had of that game :( I hear the sequel is better?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Hoo boy, Wizards and loving Warriors. At my after school daycare they basically separated everyone grades 3rd to 5th and then all k-2 together. The older kids had Sega Genesis while the younger kids had NES. I thought we got the raw end of the deal with a Genesis and some C-tier garbage, but for some reason the younger kids insisted on playing Wizards & Warriors over Super Mario Bros 3 and Duck Hunt. And they were good at it, like I'm embarrassed to play that game now.

That said, once upon a time I could beat Lion King, Aladdin, and MechWarrior 3050 with my eyes closed and we only had 30 minutes with the console.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wizards and Warriors 3 is an extremely interesting game. A Metroidvania with a class change system and an interesting structure. It's not amazing, because the controls aren't great, but it's very worth playing. Use save states, it has no continue/password system. Skip the first two though.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
The main thing about Wizards and Warriors 1 and 2 (I never played 3, but now kind of want to) is that there is constantly tough to avoid damage incoming, to the point where you'd swear they didn't know the game wasn't going to be fed with quarters. 1 at least gives you infinite continues right where you are (except boss fights have to be restarted); 2 limits your continues, making it a far harder game.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Oh hey, new AVGN episode. Beavis & Butt-Head on the Genesis and SNES:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atZ9-MxVPNM

The PC game, which isn't mentioned in the episode, is actually a pretty good point-and-click adventure. These just look painful.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I beat Wizards and Warriors several times as a kid. Nowadays when I boot it up I die over and over again on the first stage and just go "gently caress this".

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Doc Morbid posted:

The PC game, which isn't mentioned in the episode, is actually a pretty good point-and-click adventure. These just look painful.

Oh yeah, these were exercises in utter frustration. I never knew about the point-and-click version, I just knew of these ones.

The most frustrating thing was how visually accurate they were (for 16bit games) to the show. They LOOK like they should be awesome and fun, and they definitely weren't.

loving dog eating the Gwar tickets. What a fartknocker. Looking forward to watching this episode soon.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That was an excellent episode. Love the progressive drunkenness.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Viacom had a strange series of weirdly good licensed adventure games on PC throughout the 90s. Ace Ventura (based on the cartoon), Duckman, Beavis and Butthead, and even Rugrats had games with animation, writing, and voice acting from series cast. Viacom was even set up to buy Virgin who produced a lot of the Disney licensed games among other licensed cartoon based games. Two years after that deal fell through Virgin released Toonstruck which I wouldn't be surprised if it came about as a pitch for a show or property.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Pope Guilty posted:

The main thing about Wizards and Warriors 1 and 2 (I never played 3, but now kind of want to) is that there is constantly tough to avoid damage incoming, to the point where you'd swear they didn't know the game wasn't going to be fed with quarters. 1 at least gives you infinite continues right where you are (except boss fights have to be restarted); 2 limits your continues, making it a far harder game.

I played Rare Replay on the XBone, and it cemented in me this idea that Rare really wasn't that good of a developer. I found that a lot of their games has great ideas that were marred by bad execution of were just too hard to be any fun.

The ZX Spectrum games are impenetrable, and except for Jet Pack, they are mostly unplayable.

Blast Corps was fun until the loving dump truck, which made me give up on the game, since it wasn't fun to struggle with that stupid thing.

Battletoads is just too hard.

It's not to say they didn't have good games, but a lot of them have one or two really major issues that makes playing them today a chore.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I need to find the link but there's an interview about how the backlash was one guy's idea and everyone hated that guy. So yeah, even Rare didn't like it but it was too late to remove it.

It's fun watching pros, though. It's the most efficient vehicle in the game and speedrunners use it whenever possible.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Doc Morbid posted:

I remember the PC game as being a great interactive version of the show. Pretty much what the Genesis game should have been, though much longer.

There was also an unreleased arcade game. There's footage and playthroughs of it on YouTube and we really didn't miss out on anything worthwhile. It's repetitive and has that Simpsons arcade problem where it's made way early in the show's history so there's not much to base the gameplay off of.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Gavok posted:

I remember the PC game as being a great interactive version of the show. Pretty much what the Genesis game should have been, though much longer.

There was also an unreleased arcade game. There's footage and playthroughs of it on YouTube and we really didn't miss out on anything worthwhile. It's repetitive and has that Simpsons arcade problem where it's made way early in the show's history so there's not much to base the gameplay off of.

...except that the Simpsons arcade game was awesome?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
The Genesis version of Beavis and but the as suffered from adventure game syndrome where you don't know what the gently caress to do.

Also the combat sucked. But I do remember liking it more than the snes version because of the puzzle aspect.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

that drat blue cave in Wizards and Warriors 1 waiting for a pink potion so you could get out of that lurch if you messed up your gems :smith:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

blackguy32 posted:

The Genesis version of Beavis and but the as suffered from adventure game syndrome where you don't know what the gently caress to do.

Also the combat sucked. But I do remember liking it more than the snes version because of the puzzle aspect.

The only things tha got me through that game were the Prima(?) guide and a turbo controller. I'd get cash and buy the dart gun as soon as possible so I could just cheese my way past enemies with auto-fire. The turbo controller also made short work of the stupid fishing game.

Didn't make the lovely platforming any easier though, and the drive-in and hospital were two of the most frustrating things I've ever played in a video game.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

timp posted:

...except that the Simpsons arcade game was awesome?

It was, what with it being Konami and all, but there's still a lot of awkwardness from how they had to mine from season 1. I mean, one of the bosses was Professor Werner von Brawn, a wrestler who appeared on TV for two seconds while everyone focused on his opponent. That's kind of weird.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Thanks for making this thread. I didn't even know a new AVGN ep was out because I had gotten so used to hearing about new episodes in here.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gavok posted:

It was, what with it being Konami and all, but there's still a lot of awkwardness from how they had to mine from season 1. I mean, one of the bosses was Professor Werner von Brawn, a wrestler who appeared on TV for two seconds while everyone focused on his opponent. That's kind of weird.
It owns, it's like looking into a parallel world where the Simpsons went in a very different and much weirder direction.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Beavis and Butt-Head (Sega Genesis) James & Mike Mondays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBh4aCVLApY

Kind of ridiculous that they didn't realize the rotten hamburger was draining their health that whole time.

In other news, Bootsy Beats had its one year anniversary last month and he's still only done one game. I wonder if Bootsy lost interest right away or he doesn't have much free time. He still does the Mike and Bootsy videos every week and the Bootsy Beats videos don't look like they take much to produce.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Former Human posted:

Beavis and Butt-Head (Sega Genesis) James & Mike Mondays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBh4aCVLApY

Kind of ridiculous that they didn't realize the rotten hamburger was draining their health that whole time.

In other news, Bootsy Beats had its one year anniversary last month and he's still only done one game. I wonder if Bootsy lost interest right away or he doesn't have much free time. He still does the Mike and Bootsy videos every week and the Bootsy Beats videos don't look like they take much to produce.

This might give an idea of how far ahead of time they film these things, because didn't he explicitly mention using the bad burger to get poisoned and then going to the hospital in the AVGN episode last week? And that was probably in production for weeks.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Ok episode, kind of neat since it gave birth to the avgn episode. But it feels like a retread since it covers the same stuff.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, that's cool to see them play a game normally then have it be the AVGN video. But man does that game look like complete bullshit. It makes the Waynes World games look like, I dunno, Mega Man 2?

While there is technically a video game youtuber thread, I'd rather just stay here because that thread is scary. I just want to recommend some other channels that maybe of interest to Cinemasscare fans.

Gaming Historian
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnbvPS_rXp4PC21PG2k1UVg
While interesting, kind of dry, and a lot of videos deal with major franchises and stuff. So don't bother if you're looking for rare/bad game reviews, but there is some pretty well researched and indepth stories about classic gaming.

LGR (formerly Lazy Game Reviews)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLx053rWZxCiYWsBETgdKrQ
After Cinemasscare, my favorite youtube game channel. A good natured chill guy, Clint reviews a lot of old PC games in addition to console and modern games. He tends to finish reviews with "Yes, no, maybe!" acknowledging what he doesn't like may be what someone else does. Something rare in a reviewer. He does an amazing Duke Nukem impression and his Sims videos are hilarious. I also enjoy his Thrifting vids.

Pushing Up Roses
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCTNXqhWPba9Xh8gx0EKOtQ
one of the few women reviewers I've found, she had a fairly rough time growing up, and its clear video games helped her death with a lot terrible stuff. She reviews a lot of adventure games, which is great because some of those games were so beyond me growing up. Also has the second most foul mouth after AVGN.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Gaming Historian
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnbvPS_rXp4PC21PG2k1UVg
While interesting, kind of dry, and a lot of videos deal with major franchises and stuff. So don't bother if you're looking for rare/bad game reviews, but there is some pretty well researched and indepth stories about classic gaming.

I knew I loved Gaming Historian when he surprised me by telling me something I didn't know about Super Mario Bros 2. Yes, we ALL know about the Doki Doki Panic stuff, that's not a surprise, but he talking about the actual festival that DDP was based on. I had no idea that existed, I thought it was just a completely original IP.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

twistedmentat posted:

LGR (formerly Lazy Game Reviews)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLx053rWZxCiYWsBETgdKrQ
After Cinemasscare, my favorite youtube game channel. A good natured chill guy, Clint reviews a lot of old PC games in addition to console and modern games. He tends to finish reviews with "Yes, no, maybe!" acknowledging what he doesn't like may be what someone else does. Something rare in a reviewer. He does an amazing Duke Nukem impression and his Sims videos are hilarious. I also enjoy his Thrifting vids.

Seconding this guy! His hardware videos are also really interesting, one of my favourites being him building a custom 486:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbjYkPKRm-8

He's got a ton of humour, a nice voice and deals with some awesomely obscure titles at times, here it's Race the Nags:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mv_WqgE30k

He also did LPs on LGR Plays, notably his entire The Sims 1-2 showcase (starring Duke Nukem!), but stopped doing those a while back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=show?lgrplays

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I knew I loved Gaming Historian when he surprised me by telling me something I didn't know about Super Mario Bros 2. Yes, we ALL know about the Doki Doki Panic stuff, that's not a surprise, but he talking about the actual festival that DDP was based on. I had no idea that existed, I thought it was just a completely original IP.

Gaming Historian is an amazing video content creator that has only gotten better with time (his early work with low quality video equipment is rough). Any one that grew up in the 80s and rented video games owes themselves a look at the Nintendo vs Video Game Rentals video.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

THE BAR posted:

Seconding this guy! His hardware videos are also really interesting, one of my favourites being him building a custom 486:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbjYkPKRm-8

He's got a ton of humour, a nice voice and deals with some awesomely obscure titles at times, here it's Race the Nags:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mv_WqgE30k

He also did LPs on LGR Plays, notably his entire The Sims 1-2 showcase (starring Duke Nukem!), but stopped doing those a while back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=show?lgrplays

He does Sims 4 stuff becuase EA sends him codes so he can review them. I liked the one where he hooks up hdmi to an old rear end black and white TV and it fits Fallout 4 so well.

The Tech Tales are really interesting too becuase he'll get into why a big company from the past is no longer around. Most of them its because they had a massive market share, didn't bother innovating and someone else popped up and gobbled it up.

BexGu posted:

Gaming Historian is an amazing video content creator that has only gotten better with time (his early work with low quality video equipment is rough). Any one that grew up in the 80s and rented video games owes themselves a look at the Nintendo vs Video Game Rentals video.

I noticed that with a lot of youtubers. Like Ashens, his early stuff is really hard to watch because it looks like it's on a vhs tape that's been transferred a bunch of times.

And yea, one of the things Iike about these guys is they do not retread the same old facts. Yes, everyone knows about the Dog ended of Silent Hill 2.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

twistedmentat posted:

He does Sims 4 stuff becuase EA sends him codes so he can review them.

And it's great that he still calls out their crap, whenever something's overpriced or suffers from bugs.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Beavis and Butt-Head did get a good game: Beavis and Butt-Head: Bunghole in One

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Shibawanko posted:

Beavis and Butt-Head did get a good game: Beavis and Butt-Head: Bunghole in One

Was that the mini golf game? Yea that was prett solid.

I was thinking, all these cartoon shows had these really high concept games when all they could have done is make like a Mario rip off and they'd be fine. I mean look at McKids. Is it anything special? No but is it playable? Yea.

A Simpsons game where Bart has to jump around and avoid enemies, collect, I dunno, Krustyburgers and Radioactive Man comics and some stages are a simple skateboarding level. None of this Make purple things not purple or whatever.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Conceptually the Simpsons games are really cool. Bart's Nightmare and Virtual Bart look awesome and goddamn if I didn't enjoy the look of the Godzilla game or Mad Max world. I'm glad they didn't just make reskinned Mario but the fundamental issue was making a good game. The Addams Family game was a Mario clone, I think their design documents even said directly to rip off Mario, but the developers also didn't like how Mario controlled for some weird reason and hosed up the core design!

But after a decade of bad games they got it right with Road Rage and Hit and Run, the former being such a rip off of Crazy Taxi that Sega sued EA.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

loving Simpsons games. I can't tell you how many times I rented Bart Vs the Space Mutants, and it was frustrating every time. And yet I kept coming back, thinking that maybe, this time I'd get it right.

The A/B button switching was bullshit :colbert:

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

The worst one was probably Escape from Camp Deadly. My friend had it for his Gameboy and I was glad I was never really a fan of big franchise cartoons and movies and so on because it makes you buy lovely games.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

The genesis Beavis and Butthead is pretty neat as its an adventure game basically for consoles. However, the combat sucks and you will never find out the solutions to any of the puzzles unless its dumb luck or you had been watching the show from the very beginning. For example, how the hell would you know to use the camera on the van in the drive in level unless you had been watching the show.

I think the SNES version loses the adventure game aspect of it though.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Check out the Scooby Doo game for Genesis. I wouldn't be surprised if elements of SCUMM were present in that game's code because it looks like the Day of the Tentacle team made a Scooby Doo game for consoles.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Today James plays Links Awakening for the first time ever which is kind of crazy to think about, and man I'm so jealous. I wish I could play Link's awakening for the first time ever.

I'd take a remake where shield is ahead equipped to R, dash and lift are always equipped to A, feather is always L, sword is always equipped to B, and you could equip any two other items at X and Y, and Ocarina songs are touch screen buttons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

greatn posted:

Today James plays Links Awakening for the first time ever which is kind of crazy to think about, and man I'm so jealous. I wish I could play Link's awakening for the first time ever.

I played it for the first time like last year. It's a neat game, but a lot of the dungeons are just tedious, there's a lot of lovely backtracking you have to do. All the stuff with the windfish is amazing though.