Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
For work. I have a meeting tomorrow morning. The drive will be 5 hours of looking at dirt and scrub brush whiz by. I will be staying in a nondescript hotel in a nondescript area of a completely dumb and retarded city that should not exist.

Phoenix is literally hell's waiting room and filled with old white people who are surely going there. I hope everyone dies.

God Bless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

DIdn't I tell you to go to a Suns game last time you did this or was that someone else?

Anyway, you should go to a Diamondbacks game.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sedona is purdy tho. :clint:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

OctoberBlues posted:

DIdn't I tell you to go to a Suns game last time you did this or was that someone else?

i like whe nthe announcers call them the d-backs cause it sounds kinda like d-bags

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
There's a lot of beautiful women there FWIW (I'm a fugly loser so its literally worth nothing to me). I'm from the "great" northwest, our women are disgusting up here IMO. And the men too of course.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Nooner posted:

i like whe nthe announcers call them the d-backs cause it sounds kinda like d-bags

I agree 100%

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
score some hawt phoenix poontang:grin:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

OctoberBlues posted:

Yes sadly I do not have time for recreation other than walking 2 blocks to a mediocre sports bar tonight and eating a cobb salad or hamburger with my blue moon beer and then going to my room and watching ESPN until i pass out.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Chinatown posted:

For work. I have a meeting tomorrow morning. The drive will be 5 hours of looking at dirt and scrub brush whiz by. I will be staying in a nondescript hotel in a nondescript area of a completely dumb and retarded city that should not exist.

Phoenix is literally hell's waiting room and filled with old white people who are surely going there. I hope everyone dies.

God Bless.

I appreciate that you create a thread about it each time you make this trip.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Cartouche posted:

I appreciate that you create a thread about it each time you make this trip.

Thanks I enjoy letting you take a brief look into my bland, inconsequential existence.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I look forward to you making the trip in the fall/winter so I can tell you to go to a Cardinals game.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lol a blue moon? eat poo poo rear end in a top hat

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

lol a blue moon? eat poo poo rear end in a top hat

ipas can suck poo poo

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Watch out for Doomhauer, op

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Chinatown posted:

ipas can suck poo poo

you dont deserve to live in SD ):<

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Chinatown posted:

Yes sadly I do not have time for recreation other than walking 2 blocks to a mediocre sports bar tonight and eating a cobb salad or hamburger with my blue moon beer and then going to my room and watching ESPN until i pass out.

Skip the walking two blocks poo poo and just get wrecked. It's how I deal with business trips to shithole places.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
perhaps it is only in the desert that your posting career can be reborn from its ashes

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Theophany posted:

Skip the walking two blocks poo poo and just get wrecked. It's how I deal with business trips to shithole places.

I had to go to Maine once and the walmart near my hotel sold some kind of malt liquor that was 24 oz and 10% abv for 99 cents. It was quite a week of training...

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

this is what i do every night except i don't watch ESPN but Star Trek: The Next Generation

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

you dont deserve to live in SD ):<

:grin:

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Good lord does Phoenix get a bad rap around SA. If you can stand the heat (and I can understand if a lot of folks can't) there's honestly not a lot to complain about. It's basically Los Angeles if you've made it a bit more boring in exchange for being cleaner, safer, with smooth roads and neverending sunshine.

There's truth to the whole "it has no culture" thing but I honestly like living in a "neutral" space. I can appreciate culture when I travel. *shrugs*

VVVVVVVVVVVVVV I'm sorry but it's the truth, dude. Los Angeles is just a more obnoxious Phoenix with lovely roads and a truly awful international airport. It's more interesting, though, I'll give you that.

lizardman fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 15, 2016

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

lizardman posted:

Good lord does Phoenix get a bad rap around SA. If you can stand the heat (and I can understand if a lot of folks can't) there's honestly not a lot to complain about. It's basically Los Angeles if you've made it a bit more boring in exchange for being cleaner, safer, with smooth roads and neverending sunshine.

There's truth to the whole "it has no culture" thing but I honestly like living in a "neutral" space. I can appreciate culture when I travel. *shrugs*

GTFO and dont you ever compare my city to fuckign phoenix again lol you drat turd

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Nooner posted:

GTFO and dont you ever compare my city to fuckign phoenix again lol you drat turd

Hey nooner I heard LA is just a lovely Phoenix with crime as it's culture

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Hector Beerlioz posted:

dont do this to me hector, I like you..........

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Phoenix is great if you are a rich white guy. So much golf, cocaine, and asian massage parlors.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hector Beerlioz posted:

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Find out if Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix is better than United. I can't decide.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Nooner posted:

dont do this to me hector, I like you..........

Come move to DC and live in a real city, you can sleep on my trundle bed

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

WHy do you have a trundle bed anyway?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
It was free

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

OctoberBlues posted:

I had to go to Maine once and the walmart near my hotel sold some kind of malt liquor that was 24 oz and 10% abv for 99 cents. It was quite a week of training...

That sounds glorious. I wish our Walmarts (Asda, UK sucks hard) were even remotely that accommodating to the needs of travelling businessmen.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Chinatown posted:

God Bless.

If you ask around for some heroin you'll think it's the best hotel with the best view. Take control of your happiness.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
good luck don't get Arpaio'd

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)
Phoenix is poo poo. The only people who move to Phoenix voluntarily are the ones who visit and "love the weather", except they don't. They love the fact that it doesn't snow, but otherwise they hate the weather. Hence why they spend every waking hour in air conditioned buildings, or in the shade with misters running, or in a loving pool. They've inverted the natural order of things from "it's cold, seek heat to avoid dying of hypothermia" to "it's warm, let's run a heat engine in reverse so that it's bearable", and they waste water wantonly in the middle of a desert. Also, golf. Well-kept fields of grass and desert climate mix about as well as chocolate and pickles. The traffic is poo poo, too. The entire area is a collective delusion clusterfuck that, like any bubble, will eventually rupture under its own weight, a paean to urban and suburban excess: its ugly houses will serve as a cautionary tale, the fossil record of a million forgotten fiefdoms. I guess the streaming sunlight is nice if you don't mind skin cancer and premature aging. Kick out the whiteys (remove mayo?), return it to the natives who actually knew how to survive in a desert (in some way other than "pretend it's southern California and hope no one notices"), let the urban heat islands slowly waste away and be swallowed by the dust and shrubbery. Then Phoenix might once again be a nice place to visit.

Source: lived in the Phoenix area for ten years but no I don't have any resentment about it at all, why on earth would you think that

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hector Beerlioz posted:

listen bruv LA sucks but its not even remotely as bad as phoenix

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Update:

code:
High pollution advisory for Maricopa County including the greater
Phoenix area through Tuesday... 

The Arizona department of environmental quality in Phoenix has
extended an ozone high pollution advisory for the greater Phoenix
area through Tuesday.

This means that forecast weather conditions combined with existing
ozone levels are expected to result in local maximum 8-hour ozone
concentrations that pose a health risk. Adverse health effects
increase as air quality deteriorates.

Ozone is an air contaminant which can cause breathing difficulties
for children as well as persons with respiratory problems. A decrease
in physical activity is recommended.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Do the hookers still hang out on VanBuren?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

el B posted:

Do the hookers still hang out on VanBuren?

Maybe you should ask your mom. :grin:

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)
Air pollution in an area that is so hot, so poorly planned, so congested, and has such lovely public transportation that you are doomed to spend endless hours in traffic just to get from your unsustainable sprawlburg to any place where something fun happens, what a surprise!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I really like Phoenix, especially that giant skyscraper that looks like a taco.

• Locked thread