Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 minutes!

SomeMathGuy posted:

At 0:56 the ref reaches in and grabs something, it's hard to tell what it is at a distance.

I don't think it was a knife. The way he grabbed it and all. Could've been keys or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Yeah that. I hope they get time again.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

i wonder if he was like a super mark or a nutjob

Like the Downs kid who tried to kick Austin's rear end one time against Shawn Michaels

I'm curious as well. Leaning toward nutter as even the markiest mark haven't had time to really hate Rollins. Rollins has been really entertaining and its not like he's 2002 HHH. Rollins has shown his rear end many a time and just got back. Props to security locking down that situation quick and super props to Rollins for not even missing a step. Why can loonies just post on forums like the rest of us?

Also happy bday goon and no more diving headbutts. No more wrestlers becoming farms or worse please.

Be glad when they stop hiding Roman's belly. He can't be worse than Umaga or the chubby Uso right?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was touching how rollins became more coherent and messed up fewer words after that fan ran in to encourage him

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jon Stewart is going to cost Seth the match this Summerslam

This time he'll still blame Ric Flair

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Sheamus and Cesaro had a really good stuff match at I think Battleground a couple years ago?

Cesaro countered a Brogue Kick into an Alpamare Water Slide, match was sick as hell.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Stewart is gonna cost Sasha the title which is good

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Snackdown lmfao my bad

you might think you hosed up but i'd legitimately watch a cooking show called snackdown on the network

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I liked when evil foreign villain Rusev had to openly call out the crowd for cheering him over heroic superman Roman Reigns. In Texas.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

They booed Reigns because they're racists

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I have now finished this Raw.
It was very ... Raw-ish?
Good to see that Seth did not get murdered in the ring by a crazy man.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Does anyone else think that Chris Jericho's Van Dyke beard is terrifying and creepy?

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Finn's entrance is the most cringe worthy thing in wrestling history.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

britishbornandbread posted:

It's something a young teen would think is cool and therefore it is both good and embarrassing.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Wrestling is at its best when it's dumb and cool for 14 year olds. So it's actually not cringe worthy at all and is cool.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RacistGuidingLight posted:

It's something a young teen would think is cool and therefore it is both good and embarrassing.

In other words, it IS wrestling. Checks out.

Last thing I will say on that Raw is I honestly don't get the SAVE IT FOR THE PPV argument. Why? Finn's done the entrance in NXT and even on a WWE show (Beast In The East) like what, 7-10 times now? And Summerslam is in Brooklyn. They're going to lose their poo poo for Finn to begin with, and it's not new to anyone with the Network which I guarantee you 90%+ of the Brooklyn crowd will have. Summerslam has probably become the second smarkiest crowd of the year next to Raw After Mania. Besides, in the Network Era you can't even say "well you might have gotten one person to buy the show!"" because now that's not the goal. The goal is to get subs and then KEEP them by putting on good shows. I still wouldn't have done the paint on Raw (I'd probably have done the lights out with the demon sounds, had regular Finn show up behind Seth, scare the poo poo out of him, then have him say like one line about Sunday or something), but it's not that big of a deal.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Say hello to the Undertaker of the modern generation.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

In other words, it IS wrestling. Checks out.

Last thing I will say on that Raw is I honestly don't get the SAVE IT FOR THE PPV argument. Why? Finn's done the entrance in NXT and even on a WWE show (Beast In The East) like what, 7-10 times now? And Summerslam is in Brooklyn. They're going to lose their poo poo for Finn to begin with, and it's not new to anyone with the Network which I guarantee you 90%+ of the Brooklyn crowd will have. Summerslam has probably become the second smarkiest crowd of the year next to Raw After Mania. Besides, in the Network Era you can't even say "well you might have gotten one person to buy the show!"" because now that's not the goal. The goal is to get subs and then KEEP them by putting on good shows. I still wouldn't have done the paint on Raw (I'd probably have done the lights out with the demon sounds, had regular Finn show up behind Seth, scare the poo poo out of him, then have him say like one line about Sunday or something), but it's not that big of a deal.

For me, the "save it for the PPV" argument was based around thinking that for the upgrade to the main roster he'd invest a few thousand dollars into making some much cooler gear to kick it up a notch from the version of the demon we`ve seen before. Having him turn up on Raw in the normal paint without any real upgrades was pretty frigging lame.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Hace, watch robocop

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I mean the premise of the demon is just that there's power in ritual. I didn't really see anything wrong with using it tonight, and I'm glad it's ridiculous and crazy, it's a war dance. That's why Seth getting unsettled and K.O. no-selling it were equally excellent heel responses- they weren't predisposed toward taking it seriously.

Happy birthday Hace.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Solus posted:

Does anyone else think that Chris Jericho's Van Dyke beard is terrifying and creepy?

Yes, but it's pretty much perfect for his current character of "dad trying and failing to be hip and being really pissed off about the second part."

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Old dad Jericho is my favorite thing he has ever done.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Missed raw

Does anyone have a clip of the fan running in? I always love seeing that

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

Missed raw

Does anyone have a clip of the fan running in? I always love seeing that

What we saw was Seth Rollins stop talking and staring blankly as the crowd cheered. Micheal Cole helpfully informed us that he was being entranced. Some people say they saw a split second of security dealing with a dude in a batter's helmet.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5hzYaJid4

Xavier Woods can tittydance.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Best of 7 series only worked 20 years ago when it was booker t vs no one. It didn't really work in the mid 2000s when they tried it again.

Cesaro vs Sami would be cool. Or Sami vs Owens could have been great.

Cesaro vs almost anyone is better then Seamus.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Cesaro vs Sheamus will probably be good. I mean nobody really expected much out of the Daniel Byran vs Sheamus 2012 Extreme Rules 2 out of 3 falls match, and that was arguably the best match of his career.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Who did Hace ever beat?

(Happy happy, Hace!)

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Happy birthday, Hace!

I hope the Summerslam demon entrance is better, that was the most bare-bones version of it in a long time.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hace has always done alright by me. Happy Birthday to Hace.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Happy Birthday Hace

I'm adequately prepared to enjoy Summeslam thanks to that adequate Raw

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Sasha's selling here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NuSfK4BzQ8

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
My sources are saying Vince is furious that there was apricot jam on his pb&j last night. As a result Reigns/Rusev was rebooked at the last minute to include wrestling, which stepped on Hunter's plans to have a wrestling match on Sunday. Possible shakeups coming.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer said Vince McMahon was backstage at Raw last night after missing the last two.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

Meltzer said Vince McMahon was backstage at Raw last night after missing the last two.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

wait so they gave away the demon entrance and reigns/rusev? the gently caress

They should've had a bunch of fake Finns teleport around the arena like they did with Sting/HHH.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

:vince:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Cesaro and Sheamus always have good matches so I'm actually excited to see it, but not every week for the next two months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

• Locked thread