Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Fre: +2 | Dan: +2 | Sav: 0 | Sup: +1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

"The gently caress is that!?" I snap, as if somebody had a clear answer, when Sammi comes rushing by, pursued by a bear. Boar. Whatever that thing is.

"Sammi, keep running!"

"S...Elementa, I've got this," I say with a wave of my hand and a wicked smirk at Voidblade. My leg servos go into overdrive as I rush down the hall towards the creature. My plan? Punch it in the goddamn face!

<Platonicsolid> Directly engaging the boar thing.
<Platonicsolid> Taking +1 to protect Elementa and +1 to show up Voidblade
<Platonicsolid> .roll 2d6+4
<Platonibot> Platonicsolid: 13 (2d6+4=6, 3)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Fre: +1 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +0 | Mun: +0
Potential: 2/5 | Doom: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Hopeless

Oh c'mon! Paradox now of all times?! Avoiding it is why I setup this whole stupid Sanctum in the first place! Distracted by both my own failure and this thing having taken the form of the person I am (by far) most attracted to - not to mention it's dumb Lust Dust - it's really no wonder I'm getting thrashed so badly. Magick only matters if my will's strong enough to impose my reality on the rest of the universe, and right now it definitely isn't. Tackled to the carpet, sans towel, with a demon pinning me down and feeling me up... I've had better days.

But only a few, because yeah death by Succubus? Turn's out it's great. I'll never get to be with Elementa like I wanted, but at least a profane fascimile of having done so is how I'm going out. My whole life's been an infernal joke, it's fitting that it ends the same way. Mhhhhhmmm, that feels amazing. Swear to god my vision's going white, because all of a sudden there's a big blur and hey wait is that a portal?!

A big part of being a mage is at least pretending you know what's going on at all times - so yeah, when I admit that I look utterly flabbergasted when Om and Quill come spilling into my room, you know just how surprising it is. It's enough to take my attention away from Succubus-Elementa. I didn't do that! How'd they get here?! GODDAMIT I'M NAKED KNOCK FIRST!

Too busy being embarrassed to think, so the Succubus switches to Quill. Can't blame it - she's a lot better hostage on account of people caring about her. Still outraged to see it lick Quill... but so is Om, who just smashes the dumb thing into the carpet effortlessly, the same way I should've been able to handle things. Quill turns around and just executes it, wings turning to metal and slashing the demon like she's wielding two swords. Mental Note: Don't underestimate Quill. Then she suggests Om give me a coat, and yeah back to remembering my best friend and someone with a big crush on me that I cruelly shot down have gotten a very long look at me in absolutely nothing. Super loving great day I'm having here...

Om offers me the coat, helping me up and being super awkward about it. Not sure there's a point now - not like he can unsee me naked. Wrapping the coat tightly about me anyways, I'm still trying to recover from all the artificial lust the Succubus decided to make me feel - goddammit I'm going to take another shower again later tonight - and doing my best just to breathe properly. I guess the payback for him helping me is gripping my newly clad shoulders, though, clearly worried about what just happened and going on a question spree over it. Sigh.

"I'm fine..." I mutter, doing my best to fight out of his grasp so I can stand on my own two feet... but the look on his face dome tells me I should remain sitting. I've got one arm through one of the coatsleeves, hugging it to me, while my other's on the inside making sure the lower half of my decency is covered. "Succubus, obviously - nobody tell Elementa what it looked like - but yeah it was trying to kill me." Would have. "Glad you two showed up... not sure how, and drat sure wish you'd knocked first, but I guess the pair of you seeing me in slightly less than that dumb swimsuit I wore earlier is better than being dead." Barely.

God, Om's really worked up over this. I mean... I appreciate it, I really do. Was actually contemplating quitting the team while I was in the shower, so it's nice to be reminded that he (and Quill!) care about me enough to make staying on it kinda worth it. Don't really want him breaking my room though... "Yo Jagganath, you're looking like one of those Plasma Balls they sell at the mall. Power down before you wreck my room dude, I'm fine! Seriously, most upsetting thing right now is that you and Quill got to check me out!"

Om's Daeva's best friend, and especially in light of him just having helped save her, she's definitely not scared of him. Take a forward and mark potential.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Fre: +3 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +0 | Sup: +0 | Mun: -1
Potential: 5/5 *Ding!* | Burn: 0 | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty, Angry.

It was as if someone reached behind On and hit the switch, the plasma ball effect faded, and all that was left was Jaggy who realized he had just seen his friend stark naked and discovering that he has a very up close view of... He let go and very quickly turned around to hide his sudden explosive embarrassment, little wispy motes floating off of him from this briefly intense emotion. Nearly seeing two teammates without clothes on in one day was more then he could really bare right now.

"I-I-I mean, we didn't come in through the d-door Daeva, we were brought here by a third party. It was an accident I swear!" Om said tripping over his words and avoiding eye contact. He thought about that, and remembered what he was told by the stranger whose name he still didn't know. He seemed to forget his embarrassment and return to the here and now

"drat, Daeva, Quill, we need to get the team together right now. Because I was handed a vision of what the future entails before you showed up Quill, and it is really bad."

"Daeva, what did you find earlier? I completely forgot to ask earlier during the party, I apologise for this."

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Sep 19, 2016

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016
Quill

I watch Daeva put my coat on out of the corner of my eye. I hate what she's had to go through today, it feels like she just can't catch a break. I just want to go to her and hold her tight, tell her every thing is going to be OK. But I know I'm not the one she wants comforting her. But all the power is heaven won't be able to stop me from protecting her.
[i]"I can help you save her. You aren't strong enough yet.
That demon had the better of you so effortlessly, but I can teach you how to defend her. I can teach you to become more powerful, but you must not inform the others, not even Daeva. They can not comprehend what we are aiming to accomplish."[/i ]
Az drones on for a while about honour and duty, I'm too busy trying to control the fury burning inside me to really listen. How could I lose control so stupidly.
There's time to beat yourself up later Quill.
I hear Daeva say she was upset we got to check her out and I feel dreadful inside.
"I'm sorry Daeva, you must know we only wanted you to be alright." On the outside I look ready to kill again, my wings still flexing in their metallic form, but my voice is soft and wavering. I'm terrified I've just gone and upset her more.
Om tells us of a vision he was given and I know it must have been Strider's doing!
I smile and put a hand on Om's shoulder, giving it a comforting squeeze.
"I wouldn't believe everything Strider tells you Om. He loves playing mind games and he's done nothing but cause trouble since I met him. To be honest Om, I'm just really glad you're OK. Seems like you handled that rear end in a top hat pretty well. But I still want to hear what he told you."

[i]Arashi, can I get a comfort roll for om please. 2d6+0 if I'm not mistaken thanks![/i ]

Then Om asks about what me and Daeva found out. I glance over to her,trying to gauge her reaction. I want to tell Om everything but Daeva's been through a lot, might be worth leaving that topic for another day. Or maybe she's like me, she likes the distraction.

Scarlettsmiles fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 19, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Quill - Roll outcome is 7.

Om - clear a condition, Mark potential, or shift labels.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 5/5 *Pending* | Burn: 0 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry.

I forsee some fightin' in the near future, so imma get rid of that bloody Afraid so I can do it properly

Om considered what Quill had to say, and shook his head. He didn't make any attempt to remove the reassuring hand though, he felt the fear that had been gripping him ever since this afternoon leave his bones.

"No, no I don't think this was just mind games Quill. I arrived at that warehouse completely randomly after a... Small mishap with Opal and he was there, he had a table and some chairs set up, brought me a towel and spare clothes and everything, that's not just a bunch of weird coincidences Quill that's straight up precognition, and that teleportation spell he did on us that brought us straight to Daeva's sanctum? That is some serious business magic he is toting. And what he told me during the tarot reading he gave me..." Om stopped, he knew he was going to have to tell them about, that, sooner or later but he really, really didn't want to do that right now.

"He... He knew things that surprised me, look we can talk about it later with everyone because this concerns everyone, not just us." And in a very openly obvious attempt to change the subject continued "Anyway, you've met him before? He didn't even give me his name and you seem to know a lot about him." Om looked at Quill questioningly, he had suspected there was some history between them when she threatened to shear the man's head off of his shoulders for just talking to him, but this seemed like something with some history behind it.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Sep 19, 2016

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016
Quill

My hand jumped back to my side shyly. I felt embarrassed that I hadn't been able to stop him on my own already. That I had to drag the team into my mess, but Strider had given me no choice, like I ever got any choice with him.

"It's time to tell someone you can trust about this man." said Az, "Om has a good head on his shoulders, with dignity and strength, a true gentleman. And the ab- and Daeva, though expresses no outward emotion towards you, while she makes light of your own honest affection, is going to be stuck with you, if you insist on saving her. Please tell them the truth child."

It must have been obvious that I was trying to find the best way to address this whole mess. Half stuttering words and gesturing uselessly. I sighed deeply. I guess Az was right.
I sat on the floor a little away from the pair.
"OK, confession time I suppose." I say in a defeated tone.

"That man calls himself Strider. I highly doubt it's his real name but it's the one he gave me. From what I have been able to discover, he has super speed abilities, almost too fast to see. His strength is also beyond normal. He can out do me and I have a certain...holy stamina shall we say. Seeing into the future doesn't surprise me. He's always been good at knowing where I am at any given moment."

"Patience, please. These people are your...friends. Speak freely with them." whispered Az comfortingly.

I was rambling and I knew it. Desperate to not say the words out loud at make them true.
"The point is, the reason why I know all this, is...is because Strider has been stalking me for the past three months. I wonder if it was longer but I just hadn't noticed. I don't know what he wants with me. All I know is that I see him watching me nearly every day. I try and confront him and he runs away like the coward he is."
My words are a mixture of pent up frustration and anger. Strider really knows how to get under my skin.
"My sponsor for the AI told me not to trust him, and Az can sense just how powerful he is. But right now?....right now it's all just mind games...."
I curled up into my wings slightly , the white feathers trembling, betraying how these petty 'mind games' were wearing me down, and the story was more than a man with a smug smile standing across the street.
God, I'm just so weak. What am I even doing here?

Scarlettsmiles fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Sep 19, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Mental Note: need to calibrate my sarcasm a little bit better. Om and Quill both thought I honestly meant they should've knocked somehow when they came through a loving portal, so obviously there wasn't the slightest chance of that. There's no reason for them to apologize, but it is kinda funny to see Jaggy blushing like he is... but then he gets a lot more serious, starting to talk about some vision of the future he's been given and asking me about what I saw earlier.

Quill's obviously afraid she's upset me - and it's funny, because she totally hasn't, but the person she's describing has. Same guy as Om's apparently, dude sounds like a real jerk. Glad to see she's trying to make Om feel better, he clearly needs it right now. Listening to the pair of them go back and forth about the guy as I head to my closet to change real quick, I leave the door cracked while I grab a couple simple things to get redressed in, do so rather quickly, then emerge in jeans and a black tanktop, holding Quill's coat out to her and looking like I'm ready to talk. Still need to dry my hair though...

"First off - not actually mad at you two in any way, was trying to joke about the door knocking thing." Waving my hand towards my nightstand, a mostly empty pack of slightly crumpled cigarettes flies over, along with one of the many cheap lighters throughout my room. I may be lighting my cigarette with magic, but I want one because holy poo poo I almost died not three minutes ago.

Waving my other hand for my jacket, I take a drag off my cigarette while I don it, then exhale as I look back at the pair of them. "Second, sounds like we're gonna need to go after this Strider guy eventually. Bet I can figure out a way around his Time magic too, if you give me a little... time." I crack a smile, hoping they think it's funny. The darkest, most ancient spells in my repertoire? They're Death spells, but there are soooo many more things you can kill than just living things. Memories, distance, magic, destinies... maybe even time? I can certainly try and find out.

Waving my hand at the door, I both dispel my earlier dimensional scrambling effect, and open the door because I'm lazy. "Last or whatever, yeah let's go grab the rest of our team. Think we need to let them know what's going on - I mean between what Quill and I saw, that Strider guy, this future you heard about... lots to talk about." loving totally bet Ahriman's going to come up, though I am so steering us around that if I can.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
ELEMENTA, OPAL, VOIDBLADE - V.S. DOOM PIG

Elementa throws herself in front of Sammi, who shrieks in alarm as the demon boar charges! Pity she stumbles as she tries to brace herself! Oh god this was going to hurt-

But Voidblade was having none of that poo poo! She steps between both Sammi and Elementa! Menacing with her blade! The pig takes pause for a second. As though trying to work out what it was looking at. It oinked it's disgruntlement.

Opal however, did not give it a chance to respond further. She punched it in the face so hard it full the full distance of the kitchen, smashing through the doors and into the pool where a giant splash heralded it's landing. Holy gently caress!

It stumbles it's way back into the corridor. Groggily, it's matter already unravelling. Another one of those and you've got it in the bag! It lowers it's head, and charges! Arms outreached to grab at it's prey! What the hell did Sammi do to get this things attention in the first place!?

[What do you guys do?]

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +2
Potential: 2/5 | Conditions:

Eva's gaze was steely with determination as she focused on her opponent, mind scrambling and calculating for plans to best distract, engage or dispatch it, just like she had been trained to do. Taking into account every variable, the animalistic and possibly magical nature of it and how to best take advantage of those traits, how to best sink her sword into-

"I'm not busting my butt here putting these curls into my hair so that you can become just another broody stab happy psycho!"

Or perhaps, perhaps she could ease up a bit. Try a different strategy. With a little psionic pull, she grabbed a nearby tablecloth and a butter knife. She threw the latter at the beast.

"Hey, thing? Think you're so tough?" She clanged her sword against the floor, "Well come at me then!"

As the thing charged, Voidblade spinned gracefully like a true matador, sending it crashing straight into the wall behind her.

And as much as she tried, Voidblade could not suppress a little smile and giggle breaching the cold exterior of her battle trance.

quote:

Theantero: Provoke demon pig with my Matador swagger
Theantero: !r 2d6+2
Krysmbot: Theantero, 9+2 = 11

Provoke pig into charging a wall

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Fre: -1 | Dan: 0 | Sav: +1 | Sup: 0 | Mun: 3
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty

Watching Eva and Opal be so confident and capable of doing heroics made me feel inadequate in comparison. I kept on having to be saved. Everyone kept on saving me. Just what the hell was wrong with me? I tried my best to shake off the feelings, but it was always something that had been in the back of my mind. Compared to everyone else, my powers were relatively mundane. I couldn't cast magic or use psychic powers. I certainly wasn't a super-powerful cyborg or an angel. I was just me.

Still, I was me. I couldn't just give up. Sarah Matthews doesn't give up, ever. I needed to be strong not only for myself but for my team as well. I took a second to push myself up, trying to dispell all of the negative thoughts in my mind. Clarity was what was needed now. Even if I was just Sarah, I still could fight. I still had powers and I will make myself useful, even if it kills me! Time to show this stupid demon boar what it means to mess with our team.

After Eva's masterful display to trick the bull, I knew it was my time to strike. I turned my arms to metal, clenching my hand tightly as I began to run. Now was the time to push back against the fears and doubts. I let out a loud roar as I pulled my fist back and drove it straight towards the boar demon. Even though my fears tried to hold me back, I told myself I could do this. I had to do this for my own beliefs. The belief that I could be a hero.

<jimmydalad> gonna roll with Elementa to directly engage the boar
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6-2
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 9-2 = 7
Going to resist/avoid blows

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Fre: +2 | Dan: +2 | Sav: 0 | Sup: +1 | Mun: 0
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

KA-POW! My fist connects with the pig-thing, oh so satisfyingly. I feel the impact shudder all the way up into my shoulder and my flesh.

Momentum carries us both back across the hall. I come skidding to a halt, while the pig-thing goes flying through the kitchen and finally plunges into the poll. Yeah, I'm beaming. Take that, stupid pig monster thing!

"Where'd this thing come from, anyway? What is it? Dinner? Is dinner angry with us?"

Eva's got the thing confused and baffled and running at a wall. Hey, that'll make it easy to kick it's rear end! I turna nd get up some speed. Elementa gets in with her punch, and I leap, giving a drop-kick at the thing's back.

<Platonicsolid> Kicking the pigmonster.
<Platonicsolid> .roll 2d6+3
<Platonibot> Platonicsolid: 12 (2d6+3=3, 6)
Bam. Will create an opportunity, and resist/avoid any counterattack

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Sep 21, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
DAEVA, QUILL, OM

Due to the lust dust still hanging in the air, you're all a little more susceptible to the comfort of your teammates. Take +1 to all comfort and support roles.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 0/5 | Burn: 0 | Conditions: Guilty, Angry.

"I agree entirely Daeva, but..."

Seeing Quill all broken up over the actions of one man was disconcerting to Om. He had always thought of her of being a cool and level-headed stalwart, better at that kind of thing then he could ever hope to be and seeing her so distraught over this and feeling utterly powerless to help her... No, no Jagganath you CAN help your friend, you have to! If you can't do this for her right now...

Spending my advance to acquire "Wish I could be" from the Transformed playbook

"Gimme a second."

Now it was Om's turn to put the conciliatory hand on Quill's shoulder. "Quill? Remember when I made a total bumbling idiot of myself trying to talk to that Guttermage like I was some sort of cool guy instead of a nervous doofy shmuck? Yeah I felt pretty stupid and helpless there too, but then you went ahead and did what I could not and put a stop to that man without using any powers or force and I thought 'God I wish I could do that, I wish I could talk down people like my friend can, I wish I didn't just have to rely on my powers to accomplish anything worthwhile'. And when you crashed through that warehouse and threatened the man who you knew was stronger then you, but you were willing to fight him if it came to it to protect me? And you now tell me that all that time you were absolutely terrified of that man, but you did it for me anyway?"

"I wish I could be like that Quill, I wish I didn't come apart at the seams every time I start feeling scared. You were so scared of that man, but you came in guns blazing anyway to save your teammate and that, that means a lot to me."

The love dust in the air was making him feel funny he decided, he concluded that this was why the next words out of his mouth were "And If I had that kind of ability, to just do the right thing even in the face of something that really scares me, I could confess to Eva how much she means to me instead of just coming over all nervous and awkward all the time, I just want to..." Om clamped a hand over his mouth, and hit his dome instead. But it was too late, the words were out in the open and both girls bore witness to it.

And now they knew his crush, his very soppy crush.

22:32 TheNabster OM's gonna be Freaky and Comfort Quill
22:32 TheNabster !r 2d6+1
22:32 Krysmbot TheNabster, 5+1 = 6
22:32 ArashiOfOrdo3 Oh poop
22:32 ArashiOfOrdo3 I forgot
22:32 ArashiOfOrdo3 Because of the lust dust in the air
22:32 ArashiOfOrdo3 your attempts to comfort are at +1

So it actually succeeds! Quill can mark potential, clear a condition, or shift Labels if they open up to you

A heavy silence fell over the room, Om then awkwardly cleared his throat and turns to Daeva "We should ermm, should go and err. Find the others... Yeah."

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 21, 2016

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016
Quill

Daeva seemed to get back on her feet so well. She handed me my coat, and I took it from her gingerly.
She said we hadn't upset her and I started to relax. Upsetting her was the last thing I'd want.
Then she tells says we need to get rid of Strider, and my eyes widen. I wasn't expecting help, but now she's saying to might be able to get past his magic! I smirk slightly at her little joke.
But deep my heart I was becoming terrified. Strider was too dangerous to take lightly, and every time we spoke it was as if Strider had gained more power.
Daeva then mentions talking to the whole team about Strider and I reluctantly nod my head. I don't want to put anyone in danger, but if Strider was targeting the team I had no choice.
My wings drooped and I slowly made my way to the door.
Then Om put his hand on my shoulder.
I wanted to correct him, tell him I couldn't have stopped the guttermage without him. That he wasn't useless. Hell, I thought Om was way cooler than me. But I didn't want to interrupt him.
And OK, yeah, I was scared of Strider - seems everyone can read me like a book - and I knew he was stronger than me but I'd never let anything happen to Om.
"You're my friend Om, I never want you to get hurt, either of you," I say, turning to Daeva as well.
"I'd never want anything to happen to you, Strider maybe stronger and faster and more powerful than me but letting that fear get the best of me when my friends are in trouble? No...no I just can't Om. You, all of you mean to much to me."
I know I'd only known the team a short time but I couldn't, wouldn't let anything bad happen to them. Especially because of my stupid stalker.
Then Om starts talking about Eva and I smile. That love dust must still be in the air. I just smile happily at him. I so glad for him. Him and Eva would make a cute couple. Maybe I could help Om, do a bit of matchmaking!
"Teenagers..." moaned Az.
I felt my anger wash away. Things were going to be OK.
I gave Om a squeeze on the arm, letting him know his secret is safe with me. I almost motion wanting to pull him into a hug, but I thought against it at the last minute.
"You're right, we should go find the others." I said, I small smile reassuring my friends, my wings looking lighter.

Clearing angry. Still afraid because she's a bit scared of revealing Strider to the whole group.

Scarlettsmiles fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Sep 22, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

It's... gently caress. I'm like ninety percent sure that Om and Quill already like each other more than they like me. I mean, I can't blame them - I'm well past rough on edges - but it still kinda sucks. Whatever, they're going to need each other when I'm gone, and they're both great people. Om's understanding and a dork in the right ways and hilarious in also the right ways, while Quill's adorable and kind and self-sacrificing yet always herself - I should just be happy for them and try and support the two of them. I mean, doesn't hurt at all my friends like each other more than they like me... not at all!

But then Om drops the bomb on us. He likes Voidblade more than Quill (or me, though I don't mind it, since him crushing on me would just complicate things since I'm not really into guys) and he's crazy blushing over having revealed it. It's kinda adorable, but it's obvious he's gonna be awkward and dorky about it unless I step in to help him... or Quill does, since she seems to be all about that now. Again, not jealous that I hosed myself over massively and now she likes him, definitely not that at all. Happy for both of them!

<Rauri> Support Om
<Rauri> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 2d6 = 7
<nilPhone> Erm
<Rauri> ughhhhh wasn't supposed to pass that
clear a condition if you open up to Daeva~

"Don't worry, won't tell anybody," I assure him right after he slips up and names his crush, hoping to make it less awkward for him. Let's add a thumbs up to that too, as if showing approval of his choice, which is, uhhhh... questionable. I mean, I'm loving damned and I smell like cigarettes and I don't like most men, yet I'm still guessing I'm easier to date than she is. Doesn't she wear that mask all the time?! Talk about distracting.

"Unless you want me to?" I ask him as our trio descends the staircase, heading towards what sounds like quite a bit of commotion downstairs. "I can play messenger for you, you know I'll be careful about it." By that I mean I'll tell her what's best for him no matter what, even if it involves her sitting and spinning on something she'd rather not.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 0/5 | Burn: 0 | Conditions: Guilty.

Thanks Daeva! Clearing Angry

Om sighed, airing soppy matters of the heart out in the open like that made him feel a lot better surprisingly. He took the time as they walked together to ask a few questions. Om looked at his friend, and shook his head

"I appreciate the offer girls I really do, but I should really do this myself. Although..." He waved his hands around as if trying to spin the proper words together before he said them. "Well I'm not all that experienced in stuff like this, what do I say to her? I got about as far as 'I think you're really fit, how about a date? No hanky-panky I promise' but it doesn't have the right, I dunno, ring to it? In fact it really lacks a bit of tone when I say it out loud."

He thought in that moment about the Hanged Man reading. "Some of your companions find themselves at a crossroads. Life or Death. Fight or Surrender. You will have a hand to play in all of it.".

"I think... I think when Strider was telling me about, all the stuff to come he was sort of implying that the stuff that would be coming, we all need to deal with and that we'd need to pull together and stuff." He decided 'Well enough dancing around the issue let's cut straight to the heart of the matter.'

"In-fact, his exact words after he gave me a weird tarot reading were" He cleared his throat and began to quote in an exaggeratedly occult voice

"'They say the meek shall inherit the world. But it would be more accurate to say the Meek and her sisters need to be protected. They're the key to a door you don't want opening. But maybe you should listen to the angel's of your better nature. After all, fate moves in mysterious ways. Watch for the man with Yellow eyes. He will be your guide. But ultimately the Three Kings must be sealed by the hands that released them. Trust in your team. Trust in those around you. They may mislead you. But their advise may be the difference between life and death.' And then Quill broke through the window."

He thought about it, now that he had aired it out in the open maybe he could get some help in putting the pieces together "Daeva, Quill or more likely Az since he's older and more experience with that stuff, you're both good with occult weirdness, do you have any idea what any of that actually means? I got as far as what the 'Three Kings' are and I will explain that at the meeting, and the stuff about trusting my team and stuff but a lot of it is all mumbo jumbo to me."

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Sep 23, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
VOIDBLADE, OPAL, ELEMENTA - Pig Roast

The pig runs into the wall and you lay into it! You practically tear it apart! It drifts aparts into mist in your hands! You won! Oh man! Nice going!

Sammi pokes her head out from around the corner of the kitchen cabinet.

"I-Is it o-over...?" She stammers, cowering from her hiding spot. She looks a little shaken. She keeps looking around like she's expecting to see someone.

[Well, looks like that's over with... Thank goodness. What the hell brought all this on? What do you do now?]

EVERYONE

Your comms beep. It's Proffessor Shad.

//YO! KidZ! Rollzing inna BASE nOw! GET yO brEEfing On!

Best wishes
Professor Shad//

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Eva watched with some consternation as the pig dissipated. "Right. Definitely a demon or some sort of magic entity" She turned to face the rest of the gang. "So, uh, can you tell me what happened when I was gone? Where are the others?" Where was Om? If he had been hurt in the invasion while she was running away like a child, she would, well, perhaps it was best not to think about that...

"We should probably go look around for them. You can fill me in while we go, if that's okay with you? They might still be in danger if there are other invaders around in addition to this one."

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016
Quill
Potential:0/5 Conditions: Afraid

"I guess Az might know something that could help. You have always been pretty smart at figuring stuff out."
I knew playing to his ego might get Az's to spill whatever theories he might have.

He chuckled in my head and I knew I'd pampered successfully.
"Well, I'm no herald of the seraphim but I might be able to shed some light on the preceedings." said Az, clearing his non-existent throat.
"Naturally, the meek must refer to Samantha our new technician. She stutters at every syllable. And prophecies such as Om's should include people within a normal radius."
"There's a normal radius for prophecies." I asked, out loud as normal, baffled by how magic and the ethereal and maths must mix.
"It's more of a calculated average child don't worry your head about it."

I rolled my eyes, and looked to Om and Daeva and told them,
"Az assumes the meek refers to Sammy, we should probably ask her if she has any sisters."

"I do not assume child, I know. I also know, unless much has changed in the last 30 seconds that you are an angel. Does Om presume that this fortune does not apply to you?"

I shrugged my shoulders,
"Az also ASSUMES that I am the angel in your fortune. Makes sense really that Strider would mention me in his prophetic story. Besides, you know I'll always be here to help." I say with a reassuring smile.

While I relayed information Az started muttering to himself and I caught the edge of his thinking.
"Yes Sammi must be part of all this. I suspect some kind of foul play. The girl isn't all she appears to be."
"What makes you say that?" I asked.
"I do not own an eye for her." Az mumbled.
"What?"
Az's voice cleared and I could feel his thoughts in mine again. It always felt comfortable with him in my head.
"Nothing important child, lastly Three Kings if I'm not mistaken, refers to three very powerful demons. I only knew the name of one and it has hold of Daeva's soul. So child, what will you say I assume?" I imagined Az grinning slyly at his last remark. I had promised to not tell Daeva's secret.

"I er, Az isn't too sure who the Three Kings are, but we were planning to talk to the seraphim tonight anyway, I can ask about yellow eyes and everything. They might be able to point us in the right direction." I smile at Om, hoping we have helped somehow. I just want to help.

I turned to Daeva, gave a little nod, hoping she knew there was something I hadn't said.
Man, I never thought I'd look forward to talking about Strider, I would if it meant not having to dance around the topic of demons anymore.

Scarlettsmiles fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Sep 23, 2016

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

We did it! I felt elated as I watched the demon disappear.

"Yeah, it looks like we did the job," I told Sammi, giving her a reassuring smile. I'm glad I was able to pull my weight. It was a sense of relief to know that I wasn't a complete detriment to the team.

"Indeed, and I think I have an idea what may be a possible cause to this." I mused. It seemed awfully coincidental that Sammi would be attacked by a magical entity when I had just found out about the secret that Daeva had been trying to hold. There was something definitely related to that demon happening here and it solidified the need for me to confront Daeva with the situation. If things like this kept happening, I could not let her just pretend that it wasn't her fault.

"Basically, stuff got really awkward in the pool. We were on our way to meet Daeva, but she cast some sort of weird magic that prevented us from even reaching her room. After wandering around for a way in for some time, we saw Sammi get attacked and then you came in."

I decided not to go into too much detail. I didn't really feel like Eva needed to know right at this very moment why things got awkward or how one of their teammates was going to die soon and they hadn't seemed to have done anything about it. That last part, in particular, irked me.

"Trying to get to Daeva's room is going to be hard, especially with the freaky magic going on. I would like to find them too. I need to confront Daeva about something before Professor Shad arrives. It's important."

Things were really starting to get crazy. Just what the hell did I get myself into? Did I really want to know?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Sooo... this Strider guy sure seems to know more than he should about what's going on, based on what he told Om anyways. Bringing that guy in and questioning the hell out of him is definitely our best plan, I'm sure of it.

Anyways Om's got some questions, but Quill beats me to answering... and she specifically doesn't spill the beans on what I told her. Like, the Three Kings are so obvious - we know two of them already - and she still didn't mention them, even after I shot her down. Sounds like that's going around today. Anyways, listening carefully to what she's saying while I wrack my brain and try to not be distracted by the emotional turmoil I'm going through, it pretty much sounds like she's got everything right as far as I can tell.

Heading down the last flight of steps towards the kitchen and main room, I've got some input to add as well. "Sammy's definitely the Meek - sisters might be symbolic though. Other people with her same role in the league, or power if she has one?" Makes sense to me. Ashing my cigarette into my hand, I use my magic to extinguish the heat and take another drag. "Quill's the Angel, equally obviously. No idea about Yellow Eyes, a door, or fate." I leave out the Three Kings, neither wanting to lie to Om or tell him the truth.

"I think-" Oh fuuuun, there's the rest of the team, Elementa and Voidblade and Opal, also Sammy - and they look like they weren't just hanging out, something happened here. Actually... wait, I can feel it - the same sort of energy that I unleash, the kind that links me to Ahriman. There was a demon here too?!?! Oh my god, please don't let it have been a succubus! "Soooo... hey everyone. Think Shad's here, who wants to bet if he says 'fleek' or not?" Yeah if I'm funny no one will have no magic related questions for me until at least after that, also I won't have to focus on being in the same room as Elementa.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Oh, there's Daeva and the others. That makes things much easier. I immediately looked at Daeva and gave her a serious look. I could feel frustration slowly starting build up inside me. Was she really just going to pretend that nothing happened?

"Daeva. We need to talk. Now."

In retrospect, I probably could've tried to sound at least a little calmer. I didn't want to have to out her past in front of Professor Shad and the others, but if she wasn't going to tell everyone in the team what was going on with her powers, I was going to have to. I can't let her just escape that responsibility. I crossed my arms and tried to exert my authority as leader.

"We just got attacked by a magical demon boar creature who was going after Sammi. You wouldn't happen to know why we have magical creatures trying to kill us, right? I mean, you are the magic user in our group. Maybe it has something to do with your powers?"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
EVERYONE - Corridor of confrontations

As Om, Daeva, and Quill rejoin the rest of the team. Sammi gives a squeak and practically throws her self at Quill.

"Q-Q-Quilllll!!!! T-T-There were s-scary m-m-monsters!!!" She sobs into your chest. She's holding onto the front of your costume with her arms tucked in. It's devastatingly cute, if a little surprising! "I-I-I got most o-o-of them...! B-B-B-B-But then! T-T-Then there w-were piggy d-demons a-a-and they w-were s-s-so scairyyyyyy!"

Wait... most of them?

Sammi continues to whimper and shiver into your chest. Aww, poor thing, she's scared out of her wits! Clearly doesn't know what she's saying!

As for the rest of you, you're all back together again! Wooo!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Eva raised a brow as Sammi mentioned 'most of them', and was about to interject. But then Om walked into sight, causing any and all questions she might have had to die in her throat.

"O- Om! Hi! I, uh, was actually looking for you. Can you believe, right? Heh..." She scratched her neck a bit awkwardly, "Look, I'm really sorry. Sorry for letting my meant-to-be amusing teasing get out of hand and making things weird. Sorry for not thinking about how you would feel about any of that. Sorry for running away like a scared child. I really am." She walked closer, "But see, I went out to clear my thoughts for a bit, and met an old acquaintance who reminded me that running away from your... problems is a real bad way to try and solve them.", the giant bunny sticker still glistened in all its glory on Eva's abdomen.

Eva was facing Om now. "So... I feel we should talk this out." A little psychic ping was sent, for private correspondence: "And there are a lot of things I need to tell you. But not here. Not when everyone else is around..."

She perked up a bit, but her gaze was still a bit downcast and apologetic. "The beef wellington should still be warm. So, how about we eat somewhere more private after this briefing? My room or yours perhaps?" She looked him straight in the eyes, her hands fidgeted a bit at her side, as if unsure if to make a move, but eventually gathered the courage and grabbed his right hand. "Please? It would mean a lot to me if we could settle this right."

"And who knows? Maybe there will even be dessert, if you want." A little mischievous grin danced on Eva's face for a bit, but quickly faded.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Om was about to object to Elementa's blunt questioning of Daeva. And then he saw his crush and completely forgot all about that. He ran towards her quickly.

"Eva I-" And then Voidblade interjected, Om was a bit stuck at this point. He had been expecting her to be all, nervous and stuff about this afternoon and he was expecting to be equally nervous and awkward about it and then she took the initiative right out of his hands. He didn't know what to say, a bashful Voidblade had taken all he wanted to say about, awkwardly asking her out on a date confessing his true feelings and dropped it off the edge of a cliff. And now he was stuck for words. But that was Eva all over wasn't it? She always took the lead, compared to OM's constant dithering and indecisiveness in her presence, she was forthright and certain in his, a real certainty and self-confidence you could bounce rocks off and that is why he always like her wasn't it?

"And there are a lot of things I need to tell you. But not here. Not when everyone else is around..." 'Is this... Is this going how I think it's going?' said a quiet voice in the back of OM's head. There was talk of food, which reminded OM that he hadn't eaten since this morning and was really hungry, and talk of going to rooms to eat which, which made little bits of his head start to fizzle slightly. And then she took his hand, all higher brain functions at that very moment ground to a halt.

"E-Eva-"

"And who knows? Maybe there will even be dessert, if you want."

There was a brief moment where the thoughts in OM's head went 'Cake?' And then all the fizzling bits, all the bits that were trying to see where this was going, all the bits that were having trouble putting two and two together and all those soft squashy bits that ran on awkward teenage romance ran together in a big puddle and pinged one answer immediately that clanged in OM's head so loudly that he accidentally let go of Eva's hand.

"Oh... I..." He said, in very clear surprise.

The words like 'I don't think I can rush to that yet' and 'I mean, shouldn't we date first?' and 'What if my parents found out? I don't think they'd approve' and 'I'm sorry this is getting a bit fast for me right now' arranged themselves on their own in his mouth, went into position to fire, and then took one look at Eva's quietly pleading and nervous face and the way she was looking his straight in the eyes for his answer. And were overruled by the Will of OM that grabbed the squishy logical parts of his brain and screamed 'SHUT UP AND HUG HER' loud enough for even Eva to hear. Om slumped slightly.

"Damnit." Said Om. "You beat me to it again." And then he embraced her tightly.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Sep 24, 2016

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016
Quill
Potential:0/5 Conditions :Afraid

Elementa looked really pissed, and for some reason was blaming Daeva for an attack from a...demon boar. Huh weird.
"hey, Elementa, you can't blame Daeva for demons in the Base, they could have been after me, or any one of -"
My instincts were to defend Daeva, even after the way she'd treated me. I just couldn't stay mad at her. I was about to try and calm everything down but my words are interrupted by a rugby tackle from Sammi.
She practically launches into my chest. She's stronger than she looks.
She's crying uncontrollably, poor thing.
"Hey, Sammi. It's ok, the scary monsters are gone. You're safe now."
I wrap my arms around her, and stroke her back softly. I'm not good at this hugging thing but when I used to have nightmares, before I got my wings, Mum used to hold me like that. Calmed me down, to just feel her with me.
She starts talking again and I pull her off me slightly to wipe tears from her cheeks, my last crumpled tissue.
My face drops when she says I got most of them.
"What do you mean most of them? Are you OK? Did they hurt you? How many were there?"
I'm deadly serious all of a sudden, back to battle stations.
I throw questions at Sammi while checking her over for injuries.
But she's sobbing, like she can't keep it together. I notice my words don't help right now and pull her back into a hug, holding her tightly.
"You're OK. I'm sorry. Just relax everything is going to be fine. I'm sorry Sammi, I should have been here to help you, instead of running off. I'm sorry."
drat Strider! drat him to hell, dragging me away from the Base while demons attacked my friends. If he can see the future then he knows what he did, putting the whole team in danger spilting us apart like that. I'm sick of playing games, if I see him again, some one will have to hold me back before I kill him.
"Quill calm yourself, deep breaths." said Az, seeing my frustration reaching boiling point. "You did what you could. Everyone is safe. With the teams help you will be able to stop him I'm sure. Besides, there are worse punishments than death." Az was sick of playing games too it seemed. We always worked better together on our plans when we agreed on the end goal.

Scarlettsmiles fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Sep 24, 2016

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Eva was actually a bit shocked by Om's outburst. She was expecting some blathering at best, spiteful rejection at worst. Not hugs. Not to say that she minded them. In fact, she did not mind at all. A sort of warm fuzziness started to fill her core as she wrapped her arms behind Om's back and rested her head on his shoulder, the cold clamminess of regret and fear starting to give way to happier feelings and, well, perhaps to some bit more charged sorts of anticipation as well.

For a moment, they both stay silent, until Eva finally starts to intone in soft whispers. "Thank you Om, I- I really needed this, actually." She does not lift her head, merely content to continue talking, the words surging out now that she had actually started, "I though that I-" her voice cracks a bit, and she presses her face to Om's shoulder. Little wetness can be felt seeping through the fabric.

"I thought I screwed it all up."

Eva squeezes Om a bit tighter.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Potential: 4/5 | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty

Quill was taking her side? Was she for real? She wasn't the one that had a demon that was trying to claim her soul. Was I being too irrational? Maybe it was still the adrenaline rushing through my system from that fight. Still, why was Daeva keeping such a big secret like that from the team? It just didn't make sense to me. God, why was so much crazy stuff happening in a single day?

"They could have done, but I seriously doubt it," I responded bluntly. I had to put my foot down as leader for the good of the team. Not all love had to be nice, right? "Daeva, I have a feeling that you know more about this than anyone else in the group. I know about your powers and why you have them. Were you going to ever bother telling the team about them or were you just hoping all of your problems were just going to magically disappear?"

God, why did I have to be a leader? I've already made Daeva feel bad today and this was just adding onto it. But I was the leader. I needed to do the things other people couldn't do. It's my responsibility. The responsibility I just can't ever seem to shake off, even when everyone else around me was so much stronger.

"How can we even help you if you won't tell us what's going on? Did you ever think about it like that? We're supposed to be a team. Like, oh my god, Sammi just got attacked and apparently, there are demons just running around our base. When we tried to reach you, you casted magic so that we couldn't even reach your door. Do you even want our help or are you just along for the ride? Because if it is your powers that's bringing all these demons to our base, we need to approach it as a team and you can't run away from it."

<jimmydalad> This is going to end badly
<jimmydalad> but I'm going to provoke Daeva to reveal the past of her powers to everyone
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6-2
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 6-2 = 4

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Quill

Sammi seems to get a little flustered, but she seems to calm down a little as you give her the second hug. There's a little bit more colour in her cheeks, when you step back to look at her again.

"T-They appeared i-in the basement... f-five of them...! T-The first three fell to t-the base wards... t-then I g-got rid of t-the next o-one. B-But the last o-one was a p-pig... I-I-I'm scared of p-pigs. S-So I ran." She sniffles. "B-But I knew you h-had to s-save Om! S-So it's o-okay! O-Otherwise h-he could have been attacked a-as well! B-But Mr T-Tarot was waiting there! S-So Om ended up being s-safe!" She tries to give you a reassuring smile. "I-It's okay, e-everyone's safe! A-A-And you're here now, s-so I feel safe."

Wait... Who on earth was 'Mr Tarot'?

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016
Quill

My eyes widened and I tried to hide my apprehension.
"You remember correctly Quill," whispered Az, "there were tarot cards on the table by Strider."
"Sammi...w-who is M-Mr Tarot?"
I gulped, a pit forming in the bottom of my stomach, terrified of the answer I knew was coming.
Did Strider know Sammi? How could that be possible.

Scarlettsmiles fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 24, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Quill

"M-Mr Tarot?" Sammi asked. "H-He's a primordial! H-He helped m-me set some o-of the wards u-u-up! He's scary, but n-nice! S-Sometimes, h-he brings m-m-me food! A-A-And then he'll t-tell me about m-my sisters, and h-how they're doing!" Her face falls. "I d-don't think he has a lot of f-friends, a-and sometimes the A.I. wants h-him b-but he always s-slips away! B-But he tries t-to do the right t-thing! I-It's just t-that sometimes h-h-he's got to d-do it in o-odd ways... l-like he gives w-weird advice, and j-just shows up p-places!" She wipes her eyes. "H-He always knows w-what to do!" She looked like she wanted to say more, but she caught your expression.

"W-What's w-w-wrong? D-D-Did I say something b-bad...?"

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016
Quill

Oh my God she thought he was nice.
This is bad, this is bad on so many levels.
She must have noticed the panic on my face, because she thinks she's said something wrong.
"Remain calm, Quill. Strider may have slipped up in letting himself get close to this girl." said Az.
I highly doubted that, Strider played people to get the result he wanted out of them. From me, it was fear. from Sammi, I guess it was sympathy.
But Az was right I needed to stay calm.
"No, no, Sammi nothing wrong. So this Mr Tarot? He comes here to visit you often? Does he...does he know you have guests?"
Oh poo poo, did he know the team was here? Did he know I was? I had to know, and prayed Sammi was as bad at reading me as I was other people. Because I must have looked a nervous wreck, my feathers twitching, hands shaking and voice stuttering. God, let my friends be safe.

Scarlettsmiles fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 24, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Quill

Sammi nodded. "H-He helped m-me set u-up for y-you guys! H-He convinced me to a-agree to h-house you! I-I wasn't g-going to d-d-do it otherwise!" She holds her arm in an uncertain way. "B-B-But I'm glad I did! B-Because I wouldn't have met y-you otherwise!"

EVERYONE

Your coms beep. It's shad.

//Assemble iNz da brifin r00m!

Yours
Professor Shad//

[You probably have just enough time to settle all your disputes, or not. Before the briefing starts.

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Sep 24, 2016

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"You have done nothing wrong Eva, gods know I've made enough mistakes of my own. I want to stop making them now, if not for you, than for them."

He looked back at the group, Daeva and Elementia having words, Sammi and Quill fretting over the Strider and he heard everything that was said, Opal doing... Nothing. Points were beginning to connect in his head and he wasn't sure what he wound find when he reached the finish line.

"And right now I think the best thing we can do, is make sure this ragtag team sticks together. Don't you agree?" Too many things, too many things right now that seem very odd or don't add up. He had to tell the rest of the time about what he found out he had to, or they'd get things wrong.

At the beeping of their communicators, Om reluctantly broke off the hug and gave his a quick look. "Ah yes." He said conversationally, as if there wasn't just a heartfelt conversation only audible to the two psychics in the room. "Our minder is here, shall we Eva?" He offered his hand out to her, to escort her into the room.

Scarlettsmiles
Jul 28, 2016
Quill
Conditions: Hopeless, Afraid

No, no, no. It couldn't be true. It was all setup. He knew I'd be here. He convinced the right people and put me here.

"He knew I'd be here. He knew if I...if you let the team in he'd know where I'd live, where I'd sleep. No, no...."

My vision went fuzzy and I felt like I couldn't breathe. Joining the AI hadn't saved me from my mad stalker. It had put me right in his clutches.

He set up everything.
"Child, control yourself. Stop this silly nonsense at once." commanded Az.

My mind raced back to the chilling night a month ago. Sleeping next to a dumpster, I woke with a start from another nightmare. My eyes couldn't believe what they saw. It was him again, sitting calmly above me on the roof of the alleyway. Grinning like a lunatic as usual, staring down at me.
He even watched me while I slept. There would never be any peace.
"I've put the whole team in danger." I whispered. I wasn't sure if Sammi was talking to me anymore. All I could hear was my own racing heart beat. I felt my knees go weak. Did I fall down?
"Patience, relax, try to breathe normally. Wonderful timing, but you're having a panic attack. Quite normal, just take it slow."
All I knew was that I couldn't breathe. I couldn't breathe. I had to get out of here. I had to get out now. I could feel my wings flapping around me as I gasped for air.
"It's all my fault....it's...it's all my fault."

Marking hopeless

(Om, if you want to listen or ignore it's up to you. Az is broadcasting a thought, also happy for Eva to accidently pick it up being psychic herself.)
OM felt a knocking sound from far away.
"Om, I do apologise for interrupting, please don't let me stop you. My dilemma is that of all her teammates, I trust you the most. Quill has just discovered her being in this very Base was Strider's doing. He's manipulated everything. I'm afraid she's having a panic attack and her flight response is real! Please see to her and don't let her leave. I'm...I implore you, for Quill. She is a sweet girl, you know none of this was her intention."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

"Hah", Eva wiped her eyes on her sleeve and smiled demurely, "Yeah I suppose we should get goi-" She suddenly interrupted herself as she noticed Quill making a scene. And the voice. Directed at Om. It had to be the thing Dad was suspicious of. And Dad was never suspicious without a reason. Sure the reasons were sometimes real dumb, but as much as Eva hated to admit it, she could not bring herself to just ignore his intuition.

Eva tugged at Om's sleeve and nodded towards Quill as she made her way to her. She put a hand on her shoulder, clear concern on her face. "Hey? Quill? You okay? What's going on?"

And while it was true she felt concern for her friend, her mind was not totally focused on the task. The entity that had spoken was clearly capable of psychic communication, but Eva doubted that Quill herself was. Thus, if a psychic message was broadcasted to the general area of Quill, but not directed to her mind, only those sensitive ought to be able to pick it up.

"And as for you", if a psionic message could sound dry, this was definitely it, "Greetings. I do not believe we have been introduced? Somewhat regrettable, no? See, as second-in-command of Prestige, I have a vested interest in having some sort of clue of who are actually a part of this team, regardless if they've chosen to hide in the heads of others. So for starters, might I inquire your name, angel? Seen any demons lately? I have a feeling you might have some knowledge of what's going on around here and could perhaps share your perspective."

quote:

Theantero: Comforting Quill to not freak out
Krysmbot: Theantero, 4+2 = 6
wait I get +1 from your Lust Dust so that's a 7, never mind

quote:

Theantero: can I also roll Provoke for Az >_>
Theantero: no no
Theantero: Pierce the Mask on Az
ArashiOfOrdo3: You can
Theantero: Nice
Theantero: Piercing Az's mask
Krysmbot: Theantero, 9+2 = 11

picking these three from whatever Az chooses to reveal of himself:
-What are you really planning?
-What do you intend to do?
-How could I get your character to reveal what they actually are (as in, an angel or something else) to me, or at least give me a clue to figuring it out?

Theantero fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Sep 24, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Potential: 3/5 | Doom: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Hopeless

Wow, Elementa doesn't look happy - and with me specifically - which is a downright shame, because I'm still glad to see her even though she spazzed out on me earlier hard. It's like she's blaming the demon on me, which is really unfair of her since she doesn't actually I'm near certainly responsible for it. Folding my hands into my coat, I'm about to suggest that she calm down a little and we talk about things later when Quill interjects, trying to take the blame for me since she actually know's what's up with Ahriman and me's arrangement.

But then everything goes to absolute Hell when our dear leader - the girl I'm still crushing on - glares at me and adds more. Nonononononononono! NOOO! Elementa knows! She knows about why I have my magick! Oh God! gently caress, so there goes ANY hope of ever getting with her. She's yelling at me like I've never done anything about it (of course I've tried), like I've never told anyone (of course I have), like I'm not trying to be a part of the team, and all of that's total bullshit. I look downright stunned, mouth agape and eyes wide, and it's incredibly obvious I am NOT at ALL pleased by her knowing about Ahriman.

Wait a minute, how does she know?! I... I definitely didn't tell her, and there's no way Quill did or she wouldn't have been trying to cover for me two seconds ago! The only other people that know are Doctor Weird and Opa... Turning towards the Cybog I'd stupidly confided in, I GLARE at her. That loving bitch, it has to have been her. Why would she do that to me?!

Not wanting to give Opal anymore of my time ever again, I cut the glare short and look back at Elementa. It's... God, this really loving sucks. Today's been absolutely humiliating in basically every way possible, and now she's definitely going to tell the team my secret. Barely paying any attention to anyone else in the room, I'm staring right at her, wishing she was either uglier or nicer since that'd make this easier for me. "Uhh... I.. uhh..." I start, imitating her earlier when I tried to talk to her about something important in the pool and she didn't care about it at all. Turnabout is loving fair play, right? "I mean.. I just... if you know... but not really... then just..."

I switch off making fun of how she behaved earlier, just plain mad and bitter and burning a friendship to the absolute ground. "Little Miss Mask On All The Time wants to lecture me about secrets? I HAVE told people what happened, but SOME of them know how to keep a goddamn secret, and nearly every other assumption you made about my situation is hideously wrong. Go ahead and tell everybody though, I don't care anymore."

<Rauri> can't decide if I'm provoking Elementa, or straight up directly engaging her verbally
<Rauri> Directly Engage Elementa Verbally
<Rauri> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 5+1 = 6
<Rauri> heh
Actually a 7 due to influence, chose to avoid counterattack.

Aware that I probably made a pretty big scene and not caring at all, I'm stomping off towards the main room for our briefing, which will probably suck for me, since literally everything else today has. Once my back's to everyone I bring the sleeve of my coat up real quick to wipe away some angry tears.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Sep 25, 2016

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Fre: -1 | Dan: +1 | Sav: 0 | Sup: 0 | Mun: 3
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Afraid, Guilty

God, looking at Daeva was so hard. I needed to stand my ground and not back down. I had to be strong. Be strong, be strong. Every part of me was screaming that this was wrong and that I was doing the wrong thing. This could only end badly, oh god, I've made a huge mistake. I should've talked to her when I was calmer, not right after defeating a boar monster. Maybe I could try salvaging the situation?

Nope, no way that was going to happen.

I start to see red as she started mocking me from before. Is she for real? Did she really want to play that game? I could feel my fists clenching, trying to hold back the anger that was swelling through my system. That was just dirty play. Did she want me to talk about how desperate she was in the pool? My insides were clawing at me, wanting rip out and let out a scream. My face visibly grew fierce as I held onto the last bits of sanity that would prevent me from losing it.

Daeva couldn't just stop talking, though. Each word that came out felt like slashes to my heart. How the gently caress was I supposed to know the situation if she didn't even tell us what was going on? And she even had the gall to bring Opal into all this. That was the last straw. The fact that she wanted to just stamp away like a child just pissed me off even more. This conversation wasn't over and I wanted to form something coherent, but the thoughts just couldn't come to me. All that I could feel was rage. Rage that needed to be released.

"You bitch!" I hollered, running up and unleashing a metallic kick straight into her chest. Just letting all that frustration out was exhilarating and for a moment, I felt a sense of clarity wash through my body. That clarity was quickly replaced with horror. Oh god, I hit my teammate. Jesus christ, what the hell was wrong with me?

"I-I.. Oh my god.. I'm... sorry.." I could feel my breath become rushed. Was this a panic attack? This had to be something like that. I couldn't bare to look at the team. How could I after such a display? I couldn't be a hero, let alone a leader for the team.

"I don't belong here."

I didn't care about the briefing. At that point, caring about being a member of the team was something I had to discard. I immediately ran. I jumped out of the building and ran as far as I could. I wouldn't go back home, not when tears of regret were still fresh on my face. I didn't know what my destination was, nor did I particularly care. All I could think about was getting away. I wasn't worthy of being there. I was a monster.

Once I had reached a dingy alley, I slumped against the wall and cried. There didn't seem to be anyone around, so I just buried my head and let the tears fall. How could I have messed up so badly in one day? I was supposed to be a hero, a leader. I escaped my normal life to try and pursue that ideal, but it all just crashed down around me. To be honest, I should've known better.

<jimmydalad> Directly engaging Daeva
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6-2
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 8-2 = 6

Going to spend Team selfishly to shift Danger up and Saviour down, making it a 7 and therefore successful. Choosing to impress/surprise/frighten Daeva

jimmydalad> oh, I should roll for a powerful blow
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 3+2 = 5

<Theantero> that means you get to eat TWO mighty blows jimmeh
<Theantero> one from Daeva's engage and one from your own
<jimmydalad> !roll 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> jimmydalad, 12+2 = 14
I'm going to remove myself from the situation by running into a random alley.

I advance as well and picking up the Legacy Move: Never give up, never surrender

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Sep 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Potential: 0/5 | Burn: 0 | Conditions:

This was just. This was just the worse. Om stood there stupidly, mouth open hand outstretched to stop what was about to happen but it was too late. Elementa had physically struck Daeva, and now half the team wasn't talking to the other half and half the team was in hysterics and OM was starting to well up with emotions again. He was not having any of this right now he wouldn't stand for this why the team destroyed itself when they needed to stand together more then anything. Furniture rattled, cutlery bent out of shape, particles were lifted off of the floor.

"Guys..." Still shouting "Guys!" Panic rising in Om's voice now. "Guys!!" The panic was replaced by anger. Why, why now, this should have happened earlier, this should have happened around a table where we could come together as a unit. And it just wouldn't-

Om at this very moment in time, snapped.

Om put a lot into that command, it shattered a nearby window, it shunted furniture across the room, it triggered some sort of alarm that started blaring around the base and it made Om really embarrassed. He quietly raised his hand, took a deep breath and began to calmly speak.

"Opal, please go and tell Shad our briefing will have to wait. We've had just a little incident we need to resolve, it won't take long."
"Sammi, could you please turn that alarm off, and then when I have talked to her could you see to Daeva's injuries? This isn't your fault, there was just a little... Failure in communication."
"Eva, Quill, our leader seems to have left the building, I think someone needs to go talk to her, now. Thank you"
"Daeva..." He walked calmly over to the injured magus. Powers, yes, Daeva never told anyone about her powers, she always avoided the subject. But parts in his head were making connections and answers must be given. He gave her a shoulder to lean on as helped her out of the room and out of sight of the others.

He sat her down on a comfortable chair and took a seat opposite her, and stayed silent for a few minutes. Then Om began to speak.

"Daeva... No, Seo. I am not going to ask you what you are not telling us because I feel as though I can make an educated guess, and god knows I might not be that good with talking to people but Elementia put both feet into her mouth and took a flying leap."

"But this is important, seriously important, world ending if we make a mess of this like we are right now important. and in order so we can be on the same foot, I would like to tell you a story. Sorry about this but I find showing is better then just telling." He reached across and gently touched her forehead. And she saw.

Thousands of years ago, my ancestors were driven to the drink of extinction by an unstoppable entity known as Ashurbanchanezzar in what was the greatest aether breach of all time. The Emerald Tyrant, The Breaker of Worlds, The Shining One he goes by many names but he was a ruthless and vicious King of the Rakshasa and his domains in that cursed realm of demons and hungry ghosts were many. And he saught to bring the mortal realm under heel, 41 times he had tried before and 41 times he had failed but in this moment, the 42nd attempt he took to the field himself and was a terrible sight to behold

And it was a battle that almost ended in the acetic monks being wiped from the face of the earth, for although the King of Hungry Ghosts was strong, cunning, and possessed of great powers his most dangerous ability of all was his ability to make strength into weakness, to turn comrades onto comrades with a mere word, the greatest of warriors were pawns in his grasp for he would play them against their companions and to become such a creature was to be lost, body and soul. Bonds snapped, friends betrayed, treachery burned the order from the inside out for as a snake slips through the weeds, so does the beguiling influence of the Drinker of Sorrows crept into even the most hardened minds of men.

And so The Eternal Hunger would have broken this world, but on the eve of his absolute victory he was defeated by a cunning trap. The monks forged of consecrated brass and silvered glass a mirror of powerful illusory magics and invited the Undying King into their most sacred of inner sanctums. For although cunningly brutal and brutally cunning, the demon at his very core was vain and prideful and to see the enemies that had vexxed him for so long grovel and beg for his mercy at his very feet he could not resist the temptation to gloat the downfall of his formally great enemies. And once presented with the mirror to show him in his eternal glory he was ensnared, forever trapped in a vision of his complete and total victory never to realize that he had willingly built himself a prison of the mind. His forces were scattered, his legions were broken and the world was saved from his terrible ambition for conquest

"And then..." Om breathed. Here he goes, here goes the thing that no one not his friends, not his uncle, and until now had never been told.

"Someone, delved into planes that should have been left to lie. Someone, attempted to contact one of this world's oldest and most vile evils. Someone, broke the millennia long trance that this Demon King had been trapped in and showed him that his 'victory' was a lie and he was deceived at the moment of his victory. He is angry, he is quite frankly furious and he is vengeful."

"Some utter, utter idiot called Jagganath Gosinga released something that should have been left to lie and now he has to put it back in the bottle and he doesn't know how. And he knows that it's going to come for him, and it's coming for his friends, and it's all his fault, everything that happens because of that monster is his fault. He was foolish and now other people have to pay the price."

"I am so sorry Daeva, I'm so sorry. But Three Kings have to be defeated by the hands that unsealed them. That is what Strider, or Mr. Tarot or whoever the gently caress that sketchy bastard is called said and I think he knows far too much to be wrong."

"I am asking, no, I am pleading with you for all our sakes, please tell me what ails you, we have to do this together. Because if we don't, we've already lost Daeva."

He took her by the hand. "Please"

00:49 TheNabster Incidentally OM is going to try and comfort Daeva with his FREAK
00:49 TheNabster !r 2d6+4
00:49 Krysmbot TheNabster, 9+4 = 13
00:49 Rawri-Phone Nice
00:49 TheNabster It comes when it's called

>Gonna clear Guilty from myself, and offer Daeva the chance to open up.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 25, 2016

• Locked thread