Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DogWelder
Jan 15, 2001

To the beat of the wizards drum, the magic wizards drum
Hi all, it's been a while since I posted. I recently came back to SA looking to start writing short stories again, but it seems like the format has changed here a bit, so I'm just lurking mostly, reading the self-publishing thread--a lot of good stuff in there.

The feedback I used to get here was a big part of what kept me writing and (ideally) improving over the years, I always meant to come back and drop a link to my self-pubbed novel, so here it is.

AMA about writing a novel that sells poorly--what not to do with marketing, how to fumble your way through updating your own Amazon author profile, and having one five-star review by what I assume is a well meaning friend that ultimately doesn't help promote the work a whole lot.

https://www.amazon.com/Battle-Amsterdam-Rob-Hackney-ebook/dp/B00KWLLGRI/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Did you ever consider traditional publishing or did you go straight to self-pub?

I'm trying to get traditionally published and it's really fun if you're the kind of person who likes chopping your own dick off and posting the remains online for people to belittle.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Naerasa posted:

Did you ever consider traditional publishing or did you go straight to self-pub?

With Adidas? You can probably get a traditional publisher.

• Locked thread