Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

PallasAthene posted:

My brother and I were killing time in Old Town in Albuquerque when we were like 17 or so, and there was a religious gift shop where we found had a CHILDREN'S coloring book about St. Maria Goretti. Any Catholics here will know why that's such a bad idea.

She was a 12-13 year old who was martyred by being stabbed to death while trying to avoid being raped by a farmhand.

hopefully they had some coloring books of Lot's daughters getting him drunk two nights in a row so he would impregnate them by date raping him in the cave they were hiding in after escaping sodom and gomorrah

double up on the flesh tone crayons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Applewhite posted:

Wait water guns have been pussified?? This whole time I thought we'd been making leaps and bounds in the technology of soaking people!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99UPQEFSGVQ banned :smug:

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

Retail Slave posted:

You can tell they're being marketed to the Christian Conservative market. I've found a ton that are "color bible verses" or "color the Psalms" or some poo poo. Even our adult coloring books are getting preachy.,

One of my coworkers actually complained that all the ones she saw in the racks by the checkout line talked about Zen or Buddhism and that "wasn't Christian."

Robot Pride posted:

hopefully they had some coloring books of Lot's daughters getting him drunk two nights in a row so he would impregnate them by date raping him in the cave they were hiding in after escaping sodom and gomorrah

double up on the flesh tone crayons

I have a drawer full of Chick tracts and thanks to this post, I am going to buy some colored pencils tonight and color in all the doubles I have.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Doctor J Off posted:

They should bring back pogs, but for adults. Maybe they could make pogs like, represent stocks, and people win stocks from other people in pog contests.

Then we ban the big metal slammers but for whatever reason the really rich get to keep using them anyway

http://www.brooklynpogs.com/

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Kids toys have been unbelievably pussified, they used to be BRUTAL back in the 60s

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Is a pussified water gun one that squirts everywhere instead of a small stream?

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Lol of course they have a cereal bar

Tigern
Sep 6, 2012

possibly tiger
Grimey Drawer
lol @ adult coloring books and the people who like them itt

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

pogs of genuine artistic merit: $7.99

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

My mom likes adult colouring books. She colours them with dollar store markers though.

As a comic colourist, I can see why they're popular.

KrustyTheClown
Aug 15, 2016

Hey, hey, hey, Kids!!!
Lets all suck my damn balls!!!
LOOK AT WHAT I COLOREEED!!!
WOHAAa hahaha!

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Retail Slave posted:

You can tell they're being marketed to the Christian Conservative market. I've found a ton that are "color bible verses" or "color the Psalms" or some poo poo. Even our adult coloring books are getting preachy.,

I think it's the same reason board games are big among Christians too; It's viewed as more "wholesome" than other hobbies that involve the corrupting touch of vile technology.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Lol at people who don't spend every waking moment pursuing either money or self improvement.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Trying to defend these things as just another hobby or semi-passive activity is bullshit and you know it and nobody is falling for it.
These things are for people with no creativity or drive to develop a skill to have something they can pretend makes them artistic.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

You don't like thing? Ok

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I kinda wanna try the Alien and Giger-themed coloring book, though everything would be filled in with varying tones of black and grey

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I have one of famous landmarks and I like turning them into hellscape nightmare lands because I am a horribly adjusted individual.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

KrustyTheClown posted:

LOOK AT WHAT I COLOREEED!!!
WOHAAa hahaha!

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

notZaar posted:

Trying to defend these things as just another hobby or semi-passive activity is bullshit and you know it and nobody is falling for it.
These things are for people with no creativity or drive to develop a skill to have something they can pretend makes them artistic.

If colouring between the lines lets someone zone out and relax after a hard days work, then what's the problem?

Does it really matter that the people who use them aren't creative?

ChickenHeart posted:

I kinda wanna try the Alien and Giger-themed coloring book, though everything would be filled in with varying tones of black and grey

I saw a Walking Dead one the other day and thing it would be fun to just add blood splatters everywhere.

Though I'd also be tempted to just scan the pages and colour them all digitally.

Nessa fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 17, 2016

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Coloring books are used in mental hospitals to settle distressed patients.

That's where they are getting their "benefits" from.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

504 posted:

Coloring books are used in mental hospitals to settle distressed patients.

That's where they are getting their "benefits" from.

If that's the case, why haven't the mods given us coloring books? Huh?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i read that adult coloring can be good for stress management and better mental health but idk i just cant get myself to do it when i could be doing :420: and having a drink instead

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I like to do jigsaw puzzles every now and then. I could see coloring being pretty relaxing :)

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Cthulu Carl posted:

If that's the case, why haven't the mods given us coloring books? Huh?

You didn't get yours?

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
I love that, long before adult coloring books was a trend, Michael Kupperman was making fun of it:

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Why are people so angry about adult coloring books

Seems like a harmless hobby

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
"i'm interested in your theories about kierkegaard" - sailor holding out warty dick to bored (prom queen??) woman on couch

this is some next level material right here

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Why are people so angry about adult coloring books

Seems like a harmless hobby

I'm angry because I'm not making money off this poo poo. Everyone else, I don't know

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

earlier this year my work made me go to a conference for web developers that made sure we had adult coloring books on the tables at all times. the CEO was a hipster guy who kept saying "please, feel free to color while we're giving our presentations. it's highly encouraged at our office, we have coloring time, tea time - or if you feel like leaving a presentation and heading to the game room to challenge one of our devs at Smash Bros. go right ahead."

the whole thing was loving embarassing and the company is out of business now

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Tom Gorman posted:

earlier this year my work made me go to a conference for web developers that made sure we had adult coloring books on the tables at all times. the CEO was a hipster guy who kept saying "please, feel free to color while we're giving our presentations. it's highly encouraged at our office, we have coloring time, tea time - or if you feel like leaving a presentation and heading to the game room to challenge one of our devs at Smash Bros. go right ahead."

who won at the smash brothers

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I'm uncle Jiggly in real life.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

im gaye posted:

who won at the smash brothers

i never saw an actual game room or even another actual 'dev'. I'm not sure either one existed. the presentations were all done by marketing stooges.

most days i left early, went back to the hotel, drank and clogged up the toilet

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Tom Gorman posted:

the clinkle stories keep giving like a horn of plenty

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Since she didn't have health insurance (and I had no intention of marrying her to put her on mine), my crazy ex would get loaded on marijuanas and color in some pages when whatever was wrong with her was in full swing. I think the weeds helped more than the coloring.

This is my coloring book anecdote.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Goons don't understand [popular thing]? I NEVER

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Two words

stoned moms

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
like with how much this forum likes pot I am surprised you guys can't make the connection

u guys must be getting high all wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
just doing some adulting with my adult coloring book :chord:

• Locked thread