Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
I'm a volunteer as well, would prefer Napoleonic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

A series of battles of escalating size, starting small with basic infantry and then including more toys? Sounds to me like the easiest way to get to grips with the rules.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

JcDent posted:

I thought sharp was too small for cav and cannon!!

Would lead some frenchies to their deaths, yes. Grey, you in Europe, right?

Hell naw, I'm building my IRL SP force to be from the III cavalry corps at the invasion of Russia. Starting with Dragoons, and will add horse artillery later. Basically we'll play cavalry skirmishes against Russian Jagers and Cossacks, so stuff like Dragoons and Hussars will work great.

Painting them dismounted first, and adding horsies later.

I'm also in Europe, UTC+01:00

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Aug 19, 2016

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

I'm already enjoying seeing the similarities and differences compared to Chain of Command, good effort this far. :)

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Thanks, but I will follow this one, and maybe be up for a game when it's done. :)

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

So the firefight rules looks extremely similar to Chain of Command, which I've played a lot. That's really helpful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

I've got three days of business trips by train incoming, the Sharp Practice rules as a PDF on my laptop, and a big fat tome about the Grande Armée (https://www.amazon.com/Swords-Around-Throne-John-Elting/dp/0306807572)

Hopefully I'll be fit for fight soon. :)

• Locked thread