Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin

I got a call back literally 5 minutes later.

Proof that if you play enough first person shooters, you are definitely Ranger-grade material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin
Wait, when did I become autistic? gently caress.

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin

notZaar posted:

You play with trains on the computer and your job is Linux engineer...

Nah I told the person I wasn't interested in the position, hence the joke response. I'm just astonished that they called me back after that e-mail.

Edit- Also trains in Factorio are a pain in the rear end and honestly I haven't even gotten to that point yet.

LiterallyAnything fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 17, 2016

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin

monkey posted:

I was gonna say that it takes a certain kind of person to excel at factorio, but apparently that's not you OP.

I mean the best coder I know has been playing the poo poo out of that game for many months.

edit: I've never played it, it looks more like a job than a game to me.

I haven't played all that much because it's time consuming. I think I'm in the middle of re-hauling my power grid on my current save now that I have accumulators and solar power, which is why I've been dreading going back. It very much does feel more like a job than a game.

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin

Kang Wang posted:

The problem with not having a job is when you've been out of work so long no ones give you a chance. It's not like I don't want a job its that as every day goes by I just get worse and worse at actualizing the skills needed to find and keep a job, but this doesn't get me down because hey, once life turns around. It really turns around.

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin
what the gently caress are you people going on about this isn't loving e/n

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin

Al Cowens posted:

Factorio is real good and I am looking forward to the new rail path implements to make it out of beta and into the steam mainline.
I also do Railway Oriented Programming so I look forward to stealing your job OP

That's pretty loving cool.

• Locked thread