Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
There were 7 players left in the game. If I was Flick I would have split up the power couple in Lee/Elle and then shanked Brook at 5 myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Looten Plunder posted:

There were 7 players left in the game. If I was Flick I would have split up the power couple in Lee/Elle and then shanked Brook at 5 myself.
she wouldn't have the numbers to vote off brooke if she got rid of Lee or El

Lt Jon Kavanaugh
Feb 8, 2012

bowmore posted:

she wouldn't have the numbers to vote off brooke if she got rid of Lee or El

I think if she got rid of Lee or El she could have convinced the remaining person along with Kristy and Matt, he seems like he'd buy in to it being a big move to shake up the alliance. But you'd have to do Brooke right after getting rid of Lee or El, any later and you can't make the move.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Matt has very consistently done absolutely nothing in the game. The most interesting thing he did was switch his vote during the fake tribal. Not only would he not flip, he'd probably tell Brooke about it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Propaganda Machine posted:

Matt has very consistently done absolutely nothing in the game. The most interesting thing he did was switch his vote during the fake tribal. Not only would he not flip, he'd probably tell Brooke about it.
Totally agree

Lt Jon Kavanaugh
Feb 8, 2012
Not liking these episodes where no one is voted out but the popularity contest challenge is one of my favorite ones from old seasons of Survivor, its a shame they didn't have a more interesting cast of people left at this point in the game.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Yeah it would have been more useful weeks ago to break up the main alliance of 5.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sad all that build up for 2 episodes on flipping the game on Lee and El only to have it not happen and Sam still going home.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
God, everything surrounding this last tribal/vote doesn't make any sense at all

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

There was no point in Flick/Kristie (2) flipping at six because Sam/Matt/Lee (3) could have teamed up. Now that they are at five, it's in the interests of Flick/Kristie/Matt (3) to take out Lee/El (2) next. I suspect the final three will be Flick/Kristie/Matt, the final two will be Flick/Kristie, and Kristie will win. Kristie has been getting an extremely favourable edit. They painted her as taking out Phoebe (when it was untrue), they showed her giving Matt the letter from home, and they made it look like she was the one strategising and instigating a flip on Lee/El rather than Flick. It will be an unfulfilling ending. I hope they don't repeat some of these production mistakes next season but I'm not holding my breath.

Or I could be wrong. :shrug:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Mills posted:

There was no point in Flick/Kristie (2) flipping at six because Sam/Matt/Lee (3) could have teamed up.
That seems like a very unlikely three, plus it's still in everyone's interest to vote out Lee because of what an immunity threat he is. It's more likely Kristie and Flick just couldn't trust one another enough to flip to flip imo, or they decided Lee and El were owed one more tribal of loyalty.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Sam and Matt would be able to pull in Lee if Kristie and Flick had flipped on El. Lee would be a free agent after being crossed by everyone. Why not?

Lt Jon Kavanaugh
Feb 8, 2012

Mills posted:

There was no point in Flick/Kristie (2) flipping at six because Sam/Matt/Lee (3) could have teamed up. Now that they are at five, it's in the interests of Flick/Kristie/Matt (3) to take out Lee/El (2) next. I suspect the final three will be Flick/Kristie/Matt, the final two will be Flick/Kristie, and Kristie will win. Kristie has been getting an extremely favourable edit. They painted her as taking out Phoebe (when it was untrue), they showed her giving Matt the letter from home, and they made it look like she was the one strategising and instigating a flip on Lee/El rather than Flick. It will be an unfulfilling ending. I hope they don't repeat some of these production mistakes next season but I'm not holding my breath.

Or I could be wrong. :shrug:

I don't usually like under the radar players and definitely not under the radar winners but a Kristie win would be the most satisfying outcome at this point in the game. She's had a few confessionals justifying her gameplay and showing she isn't just being dragged along. I think if this show does get another season they'll have learned a lot from their mistakes production-wise, the pick your own tribe stunt has to be the biggest blunder on any season of Survivor.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

She was going to get eliminated if they didn't cancel that tribal or whatever that made Phoebe have to go to 2 and Kristie had no idea. I wouldn't find it satisfying, but each to their own.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Lee, El, or Flick would be acceptable winners. Kristie is a reasonably intelligent woman we can tell from her confessionals but I mean judging by the edit the reason why the move didn't happen last episode is because she couldn't stop crying about it. She still hasn't actually really done anything except not vote wrong on the Phoebe boot and lay low

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I really like how much show time they are able to dedicate to showing the players game play moves. It just sucks they hosed up on the swap so badly that they created a powerful alliance that has more or less stuck together all the way. Hopefully the next season of this they run has better twists.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fast Luck posted:

Lee, El, or Flick would be acceptable winners. Kristie is a reasonably intelligent woman we can tell from her confessionals but I mean judging by the edit the reason why the move didn't happen last episode is because she couldn't stop crying about it. She still hasn't actually really done anything except not vote wrong on the Phoebe boot and lay low
What has El done that makes her an acceptable winner?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Strong personal/social game that's had her in a position of power all 50+ days so far. She and Phoebe were #1s back on their original tribe, and then after being swapped to the new one, she got in with Brooke and Flick somehow in a way nobody else ever did. Together those three women were an extremely powerful trio that for the most part ran the game. Lee has been more instrumental than she has in keeping Kristie tight, but El has still played from a position of control all the way. Very good player and she seems to do it by just being very kind to people, and loyal. Not quite as strategic as a Flick or Brooke, but if she hadn't gotten so visibly close to Lee (fell in love it seems like) I bet they'd easily get to the end. Instead she and Lee may get taken out soon, but if either of them make it to the jury, they would be very good bets to get the votes because people like them and they didn't betray a lot of people.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Oct 18, 2016

Lt Jon Kavanaugh
Feb 8, 2012
I think we can all agree whoever wins this season went to poo poo a long time ago. Also gently caress Lee and El they're like contestants from some other poo poo Australian reality show that somehow ended up on the island by mistake.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Lt Jon Kavanaugh posted:

I think we can all agree whoever wins this season went to poo poo a long time ago. Also gently caress Lee and El they're like contestants from some other poo poo Australian reality show that somehow ended up on the island by mistake.

Yeah nah, this season went overboard with twists, but many of the votes had enough gameplay behind them to maintain interest, even if the early merge was frustrating to watch. Hell, I've even been entertained by the challenges, and I almost always skip those for the American version. There's obviously a lot of room for improvement, but there's also a lot they're doing correctly.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I really like how much show time they are able to dedicate to showing the players game play moves. It just sucks they hosed up on the swap so badly that they created a powerful alliance that has more or less stuck together all the way. Hopefully the next season of this they run has better twists.

Personally I'd like a balance between the length of episodes/pace that this version has and the US version. I really liked the extended length early on, and maybe it's more of no longer being very invested in this show and just kind of being generally exhausted by it, but I found these last two episodes to be interminably boring and full of dead air and slooow conversations that went on for ages. It really made me miss the breakneck pace the US edit has when early on in the season I found AU really refreshing, and again that could just be a lot of different factors at play.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

obliriovrons posted:

Personally I'd like a balance between the length of episodes/pace that this version has and the US version. I really liked the extended length early on, and maybe it's more of no longer being very invested in this show and just kind of being generally exhausted by it, but I found these last two episodes to be interminably boring and full of dead air and slooow conversations that went on for ages. It really made me miss the breakneck pace the US edit has when early on in the season I found AU really refreshing, and again that could just be a lot of different factors at play.

I agree really, I like spending more time on the strategy. But this week was a total failure for the show. Like at the beginning of Sunday it was, "Sam is next to go." Then they spend 2 episodes trying to create misdirection like someone else might go instead, then Lee uses his advantage and the girls fall in line and Sam goes home. Really it was 2 episodes of filler where nothing happened.

How many episodes do we have left of this? 2, 3, 4?

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
The ads said "finale week next week" which should mean 2 going on the schedule, but my might be 3 as these shows typically wrap up on a Sunday.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
3 eps left

Umbra
Jul 9, 2003
Sweet Sassy Molassy.
SUNDAY SPOILERS

Oh my god this season sucks so bad now

Everyone is a fickle mushhead.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
I can't make sense of the votes again.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

So we all agree that Kristy has this game wrapped up right?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the last episode confused me

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Can't see why Kristie would side with Lee and El but they're still trying to give her gameplay credit in confessionals so...

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
"are you trying to play the game? SHAME ON YOU, SHAAAAME"

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
guess kristy isn't interested in winning

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Preview spoiler
final challenge is the s1 American final challenge

Duke Jeffrie
Apr 29, 2010

Ugh, this show gets worse and worse. Too much gutless play from Kristie for me to appreciate her as an underdog. And Lee and El are infuriating on their loving loved-up high horses. Only looking forward to bitter jury members at this point.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Intense final challenge

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Yeah but gently caress Kristie every time she opens her mouth

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hahaha

yeah

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Lol at her opening speech. It was actually ok. Reckon she Philip sheperded the entire game? Hahaha

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
she is doing well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I mean it's complete bullshit. It's confirmation bias. She can't use the fact that she is at the end to justify her poor strategic decisions. Like she must have been 10% to win that last challenge (before we knew what it was), but the way she tells it it was never going to be any other result. I'm sure she wins and it's pretty dire.

:shrug:

• Locked thread