Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Really, I thought it was a fun twist and I also enjoyed that they waited to reveal what they were actually voting for. It takes away from anybody in the tribe trying to come up with an excuse and the twist completely exposed the alliances in a tribe and now they will all have to deal with it.

Also, I propose we use spoilers during the days the show airs, but then let it be open season from Wednesday - Sunday when everyone has a chance to catch up to the latest episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

xcore posted:

Barry was an idiot. This isn't loving Survivor Borneo back in 2000. Why even cast someone like that?

Had to have their one black guy.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

xcore posted:

I really hope the move to three nights a week didn't result in them re-cutting the episodes resulting a whole bunch of bloat/padding.

So far we have 8 episodes that go anywhere from 80-120 minutes and five people have been voted out of the game

More than likely it's the opposite. And that they moved to 3 nights a week because there is a lot of bloat and non eviction episodes.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

xcore posted:

What did Craig actually respond with after Andy did the "but you're not actually going to vote me" line. I couldn't quite understand him.

Something about just using Andy as an example.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Need to figure out some legal loop holes to get Craig and Phoebe on an American All Star Survivor.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Clearly the producers rigged the game to screw over Phoebe in an attempt to save the obvious fan favorite, Kristy.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

bbf2 posted:

"Let's flip this game and make a bold move against the majority alliance by going after its 9th wheel that no one likes"

That's what you gotta do though? It's easier to convince someone to get rid of someone in the bottom of their alliance than to get rid of someone at the top. And once you pull a couple people from the main alliance, you have formed a crack in the main alliance.

Like if you are trying to save your rear end, your best bet is to target someone the main alliance doesn't really care for.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well at least there's not any doubt about it. Australian Survivor going with the final 2 :).

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Binary Logic posted:

Jonathan really likes to have people at TC outright state who's allied and who is on the outside.

It's great with these season as the players really need that kick in the rear end to realize what's going on. It's really not that far off of Jeff though, it's just these players are more willing to open up than they tend to be on US Survivor.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Met posted:

Oh my god.

Listening to RHAP Recap on these two episodes. I didn't even notice, but apparently Matt proposed a split vote. The only people not in that conversation were Jenna-Louis and Sue and Jenna-Louis had the immunity necklace. So they're going to put votes on Sue and... one of the people listening to you, Matt? loving idiot.

Matt proposed a split vote and seems that Matt forgot who he was supposed to vote for, which ended up ruining Sue & JL's master plan to gently caress over a split vote.

Even though they are smug and arrogant about it, you have to at least respect the game play of Flick, Brooke, and El. They have a solid 3 personal alliance but have managed to make everyone on the outside feel like they are part of their alliance and not in a bottom of it.

Not sure if it's a lack of knowledge of the game play that has everyone believing their position, or if maybe the fact that they are on day 40+ they are just so exhausted they aren't able to reason correctly.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

bowmore posted:

so there is supposed to be a big twist coming?

They are using every other twist in Survivor, might as well do a Redemption Island as well.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Holy poo poo, I can't believe that just happened! (just kidding, I gotta wait until monday to watch :()

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sad all that build up for 2 episodes on flipping the game on Lee and El only to have it not happen and Sam still going home.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I really like how much show time they are able to dedicate to showing the players game play moves. It just sucks they hosed up on the swap so badly that they created a powerful alliance that has more or less stuck together all the way. Hopefully the next season of this they run has better twists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

obliriovrons posted:

Personally I'd like a balance between the length of episodes/pace that this version has and the US version. I really liked the extended length early on, and maybe it's more of no longer being very invested in this show and just kind of being generally exhausted by it, but I found these last two episodes to be interminably boring and full of dead air and slooow conversations that went on for ages. It really made me miss the breakneck pace the US edit has when early on in the season I found AU really refreshing, and again that could just be a lot of different factors at play.

I agree really, I like spending more time on the strategy. But this week was a total failure for the show. Like at the beginning of Sunday it was, "Sam is next to go." Then they spend 2 episodes trying to create misdirection like someone else might go instead, then Lee uses his advantage and the girls fall in line and Sam goes home. Really it was 2 episodes of filler where nothing happened.

How many episodes do we have left of this? 2, 3, 4?

• Locked thread