Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mills
Jun 13, 2003

The things that make this cast bad right now are the things that might make this cast good later. Too many overplaying young contestants who are starting to niggle each other but still the boring outcome of older contests on bottom due to their reduced numbers from casting decisions. There's a lot of players that fancy themselves good players. They don't have to actually be good for it to be good TV; they just have to be doing something. If we get 10-12 people with individual plans playing medium to hard, that's going to be good.

They do need to turn down the music volume though. I can't hear anyone loving talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Yes they changed the scheduling. Three nights from now on.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

This is actually a pretty good episode.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

OH MY GOD I CANT BELIEVE THEY VOTED OUT LEON

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Australian TV is hosed. This is a dumb twist. Voted out people should be gone.

Episode spoilers above.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Its just not Survivor!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Mo0 posted:

ive been keeping up via Wikipedia, did they announce it before voting or after the person got booted?

After the voting, but before the votes were read. As somewhat of a Survivor purist I think it would have made more sense to announce it before the voting, but it's not going to be the same drama that way.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

You summed up all of my feelings with longer, better words. Thanks.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I think the consensus is that it's "good tv" and created "good drama" but it kind of shits on the main concept of the idea of Survivor and doesn't at all reward good play. I mean they could just have a reward challenge where the winner gets to see the secret confessionals from other players and that would also satisfy your desire for a "twist [that] completely exposed the alliances in a tribe and now they will all have to deal with it." Except that just wouldn't be "Survivor" either. But whatever. Not like us discussing it in a forum is going to change what they did and we will all probably still watch it. :shrug:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Fun fact: Barry used to play for the Wallabies.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Why cast someone like Des? They just wanted some poo poo stereotypes. End game is going to be Caucasian mid 20s dream team. "Best cast ever".

They did say that there would be a couple. Can't work out who that is meant to be.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

xcore posted:

The Des stereotype can go deep in the game. Dan Lembo for example.

Des was never going anywhere.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I believe the shows alternate in length. 70m then 100m. It was designed to be shown twice a week.

Next week we get the long episodes Sunday and Tuesday.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I think Kat had more chance with Rohan and Phoebe at this point but she seemed more interested in getting revenge. Her confessionals show she has absolutely no idea.

At least no one is going to be upset. The whole of the original Aganaoa tribe is boring.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

It's been ~12 hours so I'm dumping spoiler text.

I just think Kat had more chance with Rohan/Phoebe regardless. I think they would have had a better chance of surviving until the next switch-up. Either way they're floating agents at a future switch-up because they've got zero working alliances in the game. I think they would have had a better shot of fitting in with a broken-up Vavau than they do with a full-strength Vavau. Getting to the proper merge and having almost all of Vavau in tact doesn't seem like a good idea. Meanwhile if they made it to the merge with Rohan/Phoebe, they're both targets because of their power couple status and Rohan is a target for physical strength in an individual game.

I'm sure it is largely irrelevant anyway since they both seem completely unaware of how to play the game. Kat's confessionals show her to be deluded about how people view her and Christie seems to have poor interpersonal skills.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

:v:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Yeah Craig has been my favourite for two weeks. JL is cool too.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I have nothing to add. :shrug:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

She had two bad options. She chose the poorer of those two options.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

DISCUSSING TUESDAY NIGHT EPISODE

Looks like Andrew was just playing up villain for the camera. He was a really good sportsman on the way out.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Kat was a useless turd in challenges. She's physically overweight, sucked at puzzles. And had the personality of a fish. And no idea how to play this game.

It's not a surprise to me she went once Phoebe/Rohan (and their known idol) was broken up.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

pretty good

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

i have a huge issue with la paglia spilling the beans about the idol and Craig. It's not his role to just announce tribe drama to Brooke.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

how did phoebe get cast with so many loving idiots on aganoa. Seems deliberate they wanted her to have pawns

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

this is a stupid twist

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Sportsbet has had one player backed into $1.50 prior to last nights episode. I'm not going to say who that player is and I don't think anyone should post it here. But it is curious. Maybe a result has been leaked.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

stop sending the interesting people home, kristie is a retard. Every time she opens her mouth it makes NO sense. She is worse than Kat.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I don't know how anyone can say Kristie outplayed Phoebe and it outraged me that her confessional was "Phoebe thinks she can outplay me? Na I'm gonna get her first." Bitch, loving please. You already got outplayed by Phoebe last episode and had NO IDEA and should have gone home if not for (1) a bullshit twist that saved your bacon; and (2) the host outright spilling the beans on Phoebe's game instead of leaving it to Vavau to discuss (which is frankly disgusting) such that Brooke openly admits it stopped her talking Phoebe to Sunaapu.

Phoebe isn't my favourite player but she got absolutely dicked by multiple stupid twists and found her way out of them time after time. This on top of being the #1 player on original Aganoa with every single player wanting to play with her.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Nick is good TV but I wish he would stop whinging about being blindsided. Andrew, Craig and Phoebe have all taken their exits with grace. Nick is still whinging literally 21 days later despite lucking out with a twist.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Met posted:

We don't know Kristie was going home on episode 13. We assume that based on what they showed us prior to Tribal and by what Kate said in the next episode. The show was edited after the fact to tell a particular story and showing Phoebe almost getting voted out but saved by a twist isn't nearly as compelling as Phoebe conspiring against Kristie and then Kristie turning it around on her the next vote.

Regardless, Phoebe had no ties anywhere and not only did Brooke know and shared that Phoebe was devious, but Kate and Conner would have spilled the beans as well.

If any of that footage existed, they would have showed it.

There is no reason not to make the Phoebe vs Kristie vote more compelling TV the week before.

And there is no reason not to show Kate and Connor spilling the beans to Brooke.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Stupid opinions infuriate me. :shrug:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

SUNDAY EP IS AIRING NOW; SPOILERS AHEAD

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Flick is dating Benry's brother.

Also Sam appeared to have no idea that the concept of a merge even existed. :rolleyes:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I think they all got given new clothes.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I would have thought having Phoebe around would have been better for pulling Lee and El across. That didn't seem to be a consideration.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Also there's been absolutely no explanation of why JL would want to stick with Sunaapu.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I don't condone hitting women (or men) but Flick has a face you just want to punch. :shrug:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Also Kristie voted Connor. I still think keeping Phoebe was smarter.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

My assessment is that it would have been 7-6 at best anyway if everyone was acting in "their best interests" in so far as they could reasonably perceive.

Flick
Brooke
Matt
Sam
El
Lee
Nick

Connor
Kate
Kristie
Sue
JL
Kylie

I think it's obvious why the bottom 6 have no reason to stick with the majority alliance and would (more likely) be better served with a bunch of floaters. However, I think it would have been tough to pull anyone out of that 7. Nick is not tight with Sanaapu but he would surely think he has a better shot with them than with the old Vavau remnants. And Lee/El had no reason to jump given Lee has formed bonds with Sam and El has formed bonds with Brooke, and neither had any bond with Kristie. I think the only shot at breaking up the "Mean Girls" alliance was keeping Phoebe in the game. I think she would have been happy to cut Connor to save herself if it came to it, but smart enough to realise she had a better shot at making the end by trying to get Lee/El back into the fold and voting out the current power players in Flick and Brooke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

MONDAY EP IS AIRING NOW; SPOILERS AHEAD

• Locked thread