Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I dunno man 10 years ago I was dating online and when you never heard back from someone/they treated you like a telemarketer when you called them that was a pretty good indicator they weren't interested. Most goony fragile egos can't handle the actual reason so just not calling kinda gives you an out without feeling utterly humiliated.

But apparently ghosting is a thing for newfangled Millenials and ppl are getting buthurt and whatnot. What the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
oh, SEVER caught on at tinder?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
huh?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
what is ghosting is this

is this having sex with a ghost

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
sounds pretty spooky

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
I thought this was referencing "ghost riding the whip"

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
im sorry some idiot confronted you because you ignored them OP

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

garfield hentai posted:

I thought this was referencing "ghost riding the whip"

Shake dem dreads

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
And here I thought ghosting someome was the cutesy euphamism for quietly murdering them used in the hit movie Predator

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I like to cut two holes in a pillow case, put it on my head and go ghosting around the neighborhood

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I like to cut two holes in a pillow case, put it on my head and go ghosting around the neighborhood

huh i put eyeholes in broad white cloth to do stuff in my town too

KawaiiAtomicBombs
Apr 15, 2016

~Ka-Boom~
Ghosting was a phenomenon that happened during WWII in Japan

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
theres a silent agreement not to talk about it though so we dont have a word for it

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

KawaiiAtomicBombs posted:

Ghosting was a phenomenon that happened during WWII in Japan

Holy loving poo poo user name post combo are you loving kidding me right now are you guys loving see this user name post combo holy Christ on a bicycle this poo poo is hosed up

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
Sometimes changing servers to get a better spot in your FPS game is a good plan of action, especially if out numbered.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
*GHOST OF KRUSTY*

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Ive been "ghost riding OP, not sure if this is the same thing? Please respond ASAP

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Ghosting's like when you're at work and hide in the back of the truck to have a nap or grab a manila folder and walk around looking like you're doing something important to avoid doing actual work. It's like the main thing you do in the military and it's considered legit if you can get away with it.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
my boss moved out of his gfs house when she was at work and left and never told her poo poo

it must have been loving sweet to be an adult in the early 80s

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im pretty sure it means to pass a level in a video game without alerting any of the bad guys to your presence

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

what is ghosting is this

is this having sex with a ghost

Count me out. Last time I hosed a ghost my dick dripped ectoplasm for a month. Filthy spirit whore!

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not sure what ghosting is op. Maybe that's what happens when op's do a suicide and then haunt the forums like the poverty ghost

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
i cant go near a horse mate i got done for horse ghosting now i got an ASBO on me

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Celluloid Sam posted:

Holy loving poo poo user name post combo are you loving kidding me right now are you guys loving see this user name post combo holy Christ on a bicycle this poo poo is hosed up

Holy jeez you're right

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i ghost all the time because im not really interested in telling the girl who i've been on one date with why i think she's repugnant on miserable to be around

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

it's loving lame when you kill some dude in a pub and he tells all his dumb friends on teamspeak where you are and what you're doing

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

vols bitch posted:

my boss moved out of his gfs house when she was at work and left and never told her poo poo

it must have been loving sweet to be an adult in the early 80s

No internet though. You had to spend time with people and poo poo. loving crazy.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Beefeater posted:

No internet though. You had to spend time with people and poo poo. loving crazy.

yeah id say their jackoff game was some weak poo poo

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
its when you hold the smoke in your lungs so long that when you exhale nothing comes out, hope that helps

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

wait, millennials have a special word for "not calling" now?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
going ghost would mean dropping off alll social media, turning phone off etc lol millennials dont voice call people

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

thathonkey posted:

going ghost would mean dropping off alll social media, turning phone off etc lol millennials dont voice call people

thats me :o:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
hey i just met u and this is crazy so heres my number call me maybe

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
"We don't OWE you anything, so stop getting mad at me for flaking."

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mariana Horchata posted:

hey i just met u and this is crazy so heres my number call me maybe

i dont have a phone, email me maybe?

or just write a letter

*flips a dime at you*

for postage toots~ :h:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
ghosthunting is a fine and good profession, there's a tv show and everything.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Celluloid Sam posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

• Locked thread