Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I will roast yur ghost on a post served with toast, op.

After you complete that little project of ceasing to exsist. :quagmire:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Panfilo posted:

I dunno man 10 years ago I was dating online and when you never heard back from someone/they treated you like a telemarketer when you called them that was a pretty good indicator they weren't interested. Most goony fragile egos can't handle the actual reason so just not calling kinda gives you an out without feeling utterly humiliated.

But apparently ghosting is a thing for newfangled Millenials and ppl are getting buthurt and whatnot. What the gently caress?

that's not what ghosting is, ghosting is when they do the opposite, talk to you regularly for weeks and then just immediately drop off the face of the earth, usually because they're too immature/spineless/rude af to just say hey yeah hit it off with someone else but thanks for the chats. Yknow like an adult human might do.

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

got ghosted once
round this time last year actually
definitely wasn't appreciated
too bad too bad

well that's my story

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
:iiam:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

cant loving get over that use name post combo holky poo poo

naem
May 29, 2011

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Ghosting's like when you're at work and hide in the back of the truck to have a nap or grab a manila folder and walk around looking like you're doing something important to avoid doing actual work. It's like the main thing you do in the military and it's considered legit if you can get away with it.

This is how I paid for college. I def maxed my irl mmo stealth skill tree

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The Wizard of Poz posted:

that's not what ghosting is, ghosting is when they do the opposite, talk to you regularly for weeks and then just immediately drop off the face of the earth, usually because they're too immature/spineless/rude af to just say hey yeah hit it off with someone else but thanks for the chats. Yknow like an adult human might do.

on the other hand you dont owe anyone else a goddamn thing

naem
May 29, 2011

What's it called when surprisingly attractive women have sex with you 8 times over the course of two long weekends and then vanish and then all her girlfriends start calling you one by one and then you're still all alone again forever until it happens again in several months is that a thing

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
having read the op, i have no idea why women would suddenly decide that you were boring and unpleasant to the extent that they couldn't be bothered to tell you to gently caress off.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
i 'ain't 'fraid of no ghosting

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ghost ride my dick

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
she was so loose and anorexic that it felt like a ghost was riding my dick

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

one time I wrote an email to this girl I liked, then I asked her in person if she saw my email, then she wrote back and I wrote her again, and then I wrote again asking about a response passive aggressively implying a long response time, then she gave me a response explaining that maybe this wasn't her thing and she didn't feel like responding, so then I wrote her an even longer email and she never wrote back.

loving bitch ghosted me.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
im danny phantom im going ghost

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

naem posted:

What's it called when surprisingly attractive women have sex with you 8 times over the course of two long weekends and then vanish and then all her girlfriends start calling you one by one and then you're still all alone again forever until it happens again in several months is that a thing

prostitution

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

naem posted:

This is known as "haunting"

Stay safe, sex ghost (use protection)

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

one time I wrote an email to this girl I liked, then I asked her in person if she saw my email, then she wrote back and I wrote her again, and then I wrote again asking about a response passive aggressively implying a long response time, then she gave me a response explaining that maybe this wasn't her thing and she didn't feel like responding, so then I wrote her an even longer email and she never wrote back.

loving bitch ghosted me.

this sounds a lot like the back and forth between myself and maybe 8 or 10 girls I've "ghosted" except the other way around.

"sorry, too busy" is not an invitation for a loving 3 page essay about relationship etiquette and obligations with someone you've known for a month.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCU6LrW0B1s

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
a ghost once appeared before me as i was reading an old book next to the fire in my antique armchair and with the rattling of chains and the echoes of distant hallways and i screamed. the ghost said i vant to suck your blood but before anything could happen, i bent over, pulled down my pants and began to hypnotize it with my bunghole and it said "take me i'm yours you person of much dick" and we made sweet passionate love, frotting to my collection of smashing pumpkins demos. eventually, finally, me and the spooky ghost climaxed and scent of wasabi filled the air. then the ghost said thank you now i can move on to the afterlife. and that, children is the story of how the stain on the side of the antique armchair came to be.

naem
May 29, 2011

Grimoire posted:

This is known as "haunting"

Stay safe, sex ghost (use protection)

you can call me a poltergeist because, I am v lonely

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Whatever happen to just pummeling ppl w/ ur fists when u don't like them and they won't go away I'll never understand this modern world of r's.

KawaiiAtomicBombs
Apr 15, 2016

~Ka-Boom~

Ork of Fiction posted:

Whatever happen to just pummeling ppl w/ ur fists when u don't like them and they won't go away I'll never understand this modern world of r's.

That turns your hand black :grin:

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

naem posted:

It's called winning the loving lottery you idiot.

Ravens Ruse
Aug 17, 2016

I'm new.... I have no clue and frequently state the obvious
I think "ghosting" is a thing because of internet stalking... it's so much easier to stalk people online than in the pre internet days where they'd hide in the bushes LOL

and thus "ghosting" is like a polite gently caress off before the restraining order.... which btw makes it inappropriate when you haven't ended it prior to ghosting... ghosting prior to ending it is a faux pas :roflolmao:

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Get a better monitor, then your online dating will improve!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

My sister was dating a guy for like 3 months then just decided he wasn't for her and stopped returning his calls/texts and removed him from Facebook.

She told me this very casually, and was confused when I was horrified that she would treat someone like that. In her opinion 3 months was like 3 minutes of knowing someone, I honestly couldn't imagine treating someone so poorly.

TouchNfoaM
May 1, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-mBMhvgYpY

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals
ghost is a poo poo badn for idiots

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
For those who are still confused but LOVE harry potter, ghosting is exactly like Disapparating. Genuinely useful life skill imo.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I ghosted a girl once because she had an extremely weird looking vagina and I didn't feel like lying to her on why I didn't want to see her anymore. Sorry.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

SaltLick posted:

I ghosted a girl once because she had an extremely weird looking vagina and I didn't feel like lying to her on why I didn't want to see her anymore. Sorry.

:gay:

Now you know.

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
How do normal brains deal with all those neurons they're refusing to fire? Is this another one of those things where they don't even have to decide to forget and just one day oh this pattern doesn't fire anymore? Must be nice to be able to passively lobotomize oneself. I'd imagine you don't have to ask too many questions(of yourself, others, or society) when you live life in such a manner.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

ghosting is necessary and saves time and is when you leave a bar/party without saying goodbye to anyone

im not sure what this hosed up usage with girls youre talking about is

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Tonsured posted:

How do normal brains deal with all those neurons they're refusing to fire? Is this another one of those things where they don't even have to decide to forget and just one day oh this pattern doesn't fire anymore? Must be nice to be able to passively lobotomize oneself. I'd imagine you don't have to ask too many questions(of yourself, others, or society) when you live life in such a manner.

They all believe that women live super cush lives where Fabio look alikes hand them everything on silver platters.

If they are hot, it's true :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking
Ghosting on social media is for babbys. The real pro-tier move is ghosting someone during an actual date. Taht poo poo takes balls.

• Locked thread