Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Scrublord Prime posted:

Explorations still suck (and become a monthly quest for hero awakening shards).

Oh my loving god

King's Raid's just got a big double problem of:
- The PvP is mandatory and it's loving terrible in all aspects from top to bottom.
- The PvE doesn't have a lot of content. What is there is fun, but I've been playing for what ... about 2 and a half months now, playing fairly casually and not trying to get ahead quickly, and I'm well past the end of the story content already and have almost a full T2 team now.

There just isn't much of a hook to keep you playing while they very, very, slowly put out new content. They have put out 0 new story content since I started playing, by the way.

Also they doubled down on the anti-F2P aspects and actually buffed high star Transcended UWs which is really loving lame. I've currently got 5 UW total (aside from the free one, also one was gotten with a free ticket), none of them are transcended at all. You need a duplicate UW to attempt to Transcend, it's 100% chance if they are the same star level, or 50%/25%/10% below that. So, to go from 0->2 stars guaranteed for example, you'd need 4 of the same UW. To go from 0->5 you'd need, you guessed it, 32 of them. And it goes up to 5*, for 200% total ATK. So. Having 5* gear doubles your base weapon ATK. It was increased from 150% for reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

time to apply all the lessons you've learned gwyr, and hop the fence from gacha-game player to gacha-game developer.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Yeah Awakening pretty much killed the game for me, that and some other buggy elements they didn't clean up nicely

I tried King's Raid but it felt like 7-lite and didn't appeal.

Other mobile stuff I've tried or been playing on the commute:

All puzzle/match X style gameplay:
Empires & Puzzles - crap, progression gets severely cock blocked, very f2p style kingdom buildup, common units are trash, and they're incredibly stingy with free currency and better units. Shame because the basic matching/combat mechanic is pretty fun.

Shadow Wars - neat game. Not sure yet how badly the f2p wall is, but so far progression has been reasonably smooth and the combat is fast and brutal. PvP via guildwars seems to have level clamps so you can still fight effectively once you hit player rank ~20 or so (not a super long time).

Forge of Glory - fun, this feels a lot like Seven Knights, though it lacks the ~anime charm~. Has some empire building elements with the usual long rear end build times, pvp is raiding to steal resources, there's a very long main series of basic dungeons with 2 more difficulty levels repeating them, a range of different daily missions, a 100 floor 'tower' analog, and like three different layers of hero/town guard development (random perks + leveling/ranking up stars + traits raised with gold + relic upgrades earned through all aspects of play and gold). I can't yet tell if you run into a paywall here either, the f2p currency is also very stingy, but you can auto-battle and the actual combat matching mechanic is neat.

Final fantasy games:
FF15: A new empire - absolute flaming trash, avoid.

FF Exvius: Very pretty, great production values, infuriating gacha and uncapped power make for a bad combo. Play it to explore the story, don't invest in it beyond that imo.

FF Record Keeper: Really good buuuuut, takes a few weeks or a month or two to get caught up in power and the early dungeoning is horrendously boring. Mid to 'endgame' fights are very fun once you can tackle them though. Multiplayer with goons is a blast. Very active discord (https://discord.gg/bx475KD) Runs like a technical dumpster fire on android, supposedly better on iphone.

Mobius FF: I... honestly can't tell. I've been playing this since launch, but it is a very idle heavy game, in that you can auto battle through like 80-90% of the game. The portions of the game where you can't do so actually often have some fairly entertaining and tough fights that require a decent amount of thought and a little luck to win. Surprisingly interesting story and a pretty funny protagonist (in a deeply cynical "what the gently caress is this idiocy" kind of way, not haha funny). Will take you a few weeks to get to a decent power level, the goon FFRK discord has a decent mobius playgroup in a sub channel. Card/inventory management can be a nightmare, ask in the discord how to handle it if you find the game appealing.

Dissidia Opera Omnia: Fun, looks good, generous with currency and rewards, play endlessly with energy only in special events (and generous there), mix of easy auto-battle and tougher boss fights that require some thought. A... good game?! Slight catch - it's in japanese only :eng99: You can get it via QooApp and play it easily though, interface is simple to figure out. Been playing this since jp launch and I like it a lot, but, it crashes on my S8 after one-five play sessions after a patch sooooo I haven't made much progress lately :| Looking forward to the western release though! (where they gently caress the gacha and it becomes lovely instead)

I think in general I really dislike the 'empire building' elements of any f2p game, they all seem to be garbage gameplay and awful whalebait.

If anyone is playing anything similar to 7K that feels like it has a longer tail though, let me know.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
War of Crown seems similar (to the point of copying a lot) but it's a tactics game instead. Might be worth a look. I'll play if Goons play.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
New update brings us:

- Awakened Feng Yan along with an event to do quests to get points for fabulous prizes (one of them at 85 points for a 6* Four Lord of Old Selector). Unless they do bonus points, you're not going to clean out the shop, though.
- Revamped Raids. You can choose which Lv. Summoner Gaze will pop out so you can go punch him in the face. Now it's 5 units and the other 5 are backup that can enter once someone drops dead. You can also choose if they can go in first or not when someone goes down.
- You have to get 100 points to call SG for free or else cough up 100k and the cost goes up every time you do that. It 1 point per finished run in Asgar and 2 in Moonlit Isle, regardless of difficulty. I'm assuming it's 3 in Shadow's Eye, but gently caress that place.
- There's now a Nightmare difficulty in the Daily Dungeon, so if you thought Hell was for babies, then there you go. You will get a 5* of the day's element and 20 shards if you win.
- You can now summon Yeonhee in the Special Summon, so that's nice if you like her.

crz
Aug 19, 2013
If someone wants the Guildleader, just let me know.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Im out! Have only been logging on for daily logins the last 2-3 weeks.

Game started feeling like a chore with all the button clicking and waiting 2 seconds between every click a few months ago, and despite the QoL improvements in the last month the damage was done.

Good stuff:
Game is very generous with premium currency and features, and while buying straight up currency is expensive those special packs like the Mays calendar are decent deals. Very few other games in this genre do these special packs, and the ones that do have them priced 2-4 times higher
Frequent updates (almost too frequent)

Bad stuff:
All the loving clicking all the time, combined with all the waiting. I was on vacation in Asia in easter and everything ws LIGHTNING FAST. It's pretty obvious that the game is hosted there and was very demoralizing to come back to EU to the constant lag.
Excruciatingly long combat animations. I like the gacha/collection aspect but hate anime, so this game was never really for me. I wouldn't mind a "text only" version of the game where combat was over really fast.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Aug 24, 2017

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I recently started this game and hit lv 20, would it be worth buying anything out of the dollar shop? Also, ballista is cool.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
IMO the May's Calendar and the May's Lucky Box are both worth it, at least they were for me. Also the element rank up package is especially worth it.

Only you can tell if any of the store offerings are worth it for you though. Some people spend $1000 on the game every day, some spend $0 with a year of playing.

The "you get stuff over the course of several weeks" packs are at least a lot better value than the ones that give everything right away.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I used to purchase the May stuff and the element shortcuts cause I'm lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

The 1-time-only packs that cost just a buck are a pretty good thing for new players, IMO

• Locked thread